I have had my Ghostbusters Premium since Tuesday and I think I only enjoyed it for the first time this evening. I have been having a lot of trouble getting it dialed in. I'm going to list out of problems/solutions that I've encountered to let you know my status.
1. Slimer was hitting the glass from above and captive ball metal on the bottom. You've seen this a thousand times in this thread, so I will not beat a dead horse. Bend the armature with slow steady pressure and use the the test mode to check his movement. FIXED.
2. I updated the code from 1.05 (factory default) to 1.10. Things seem to work fine. 797million scored in the release. FIXED.
3. The ball was getting stuck in the subway. This was 100% due to the ball moving too fast through the ramp and when it came to the drop it would fall without making contact with rails and roll back and forth. A little electrical tape in the first ring on the right slowed it down to where it hasn't happened yet. FIXED.
4. The hits on the subway ramp for 'Who brought the dog' and 'Superjackpot' were not registering. I spent a lot of time on this because it turned out to be multiple errors. I diagnosed the problem by using the switch test routine and it wasn't registering. I got out my multi-meter and started checking for continuity. I found that one of the wire heads was not firmly seated in the plastic wiring harness. I thought that would fix it, but then I started playing and it still wasn't registering. So, then I started getting frustrated and I took the switch off and tested it with the multi-meter. It checked out. It was my twelve year old daughter who said 'are you sure the ball is hitting the switch'? It turns out she was correct. In a slow rolling test the switch was registering. When the ball was moving fast it would snake around the switch. I just bent the switch armature out a little bit and now it is working. FIXED.
5. Tony Scoleri can kiss my butt. The drop target is firing twice in the diagnostic mode. I've written about this in the 'Ghostbuster Issue Thread'. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/29#post-3399665. I have been unable to fix this and it really wrecks the 'Scoleri Brothers' mode. NEED HELP!
6. The auto launcher fires like a cannon. It smashes into the back of the table and sometimes nearly takes out Mr. Staypuft or flies right back down the shooting lane. I'm considering putting in a compression spring with more coils to see if that slows it down. I have set the coil power to 'soft' in the settings. Let me know if you have any suggestions. NEED HELP!
7. Airballs happen. I've ordered a guard from oldpinguy. IN PROGRESS.
8. I have not had problems with the outlane hopping unless it comes from an airball. But I did tap the wires up 1/8" with my countersink nail spike. FIXED.
9. Last but not least, I have chips in the clearcloat where the ball is ejected. I also have another chip where the balls fall into the trough. Vid wrote and said that Stern is sending out clear nail polish to fix it and not the two part auto clear. I'm going to give the nail polish a try and get some mylar down. IN PROGRESS.
I've been in contact with Trent at Tilt Amusements and he said he is forwarding my info to Stern, but I have not heard back. I also am reaching out to Stern directly but I did that Friday night and it is the weekend after all.
After all that, I did have some fun tonight. The rules are brutal, if you don't start a scene on the skill shot then you have to go through Slimer which can lead to a lot of SDTM shots. The 'Scare' worked really well on some young guests that I had over. Lots of screaming was involved. The magna slings make me laugh every time they come into play. You can totally post pass on this game which is necessary to set up your shots. I can't post pass on my Star Trek. I have my tilt sensor set to easy as you really need to move the machine to avoid many SDTM shots.