IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 37.
#851 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The ball is not coming out of the subway about 20% of the time on my Premium. If I test by hand, I am getting 0 failures. At this point my only thought is that sometimes the ball is getting air when headed down into the subway and hitting the top of the tunnel entrance, losing some momentum. I am thinking of lowering my pitch about (at 7 degrees right now).
Anyone else run into something similar, have some suggestions?

I had two different issues with my subway ramp, one as mentioned, that it seems some of the time, the ball would not make it out of the subway. I loosened the nut on the bottom of the entrance to the subway and forced the plastic ramp against the right side of the playfield edge, and then tightened the nut while holding the ramp in place, that fixed one issue.

the other issue was after locking 2 balls in storage facility multiball, it would lose the 3rd one when locking, and go into a complete ball search, and finally give up saying "pinball missing", I found the diverter mech sitting in the subway ramp was a bit to high, and wouldnt divert ball number three for some reason so I bent that bracket down towards the ramp a but more and now that issue seems to have been corrected as well. (trust me it was very strange, not sure why locked balls 1 and 2 were fine, just #3)

one other thing to check is level left to right, I did notice along with the diverter issue, the ball would be sitting down there in subway ramp, and just wouldn't drop into the scoop whatchamacallit. LOL

best of luck.

#852 7 years ago

I remember during an interview with John he mentioned the ring on the top of the ramp, this was to center the ball to make it work all the time. I would check that part and make sure it's centered.
Just a guess.

Can someone please measure the height of their game? And how much adjustments you have on the rear legs.
Thanks

#853 7 years ago

I ordered a Premium my local distributor back in March when the machines were announced, and I've kept tabs on it every couple weeks since the first ship date in late May... and lately, I've been pinging them every week. They claim that Stern told them that they (Stern) haven't started shipping GB Premiums yet.... from this thread, that's clearly not the case. Hopefully they ship mine soon.

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Mine should be delivered today weather dependant and it's supposed to have showers today. Wish me luck boys!

Good timing with the code update just released

#855 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I remember during an interview with John he mentioned the ring on the top of the ramp, this was to center the ball to make it work all the time. I would check that part and make sure it's centered.
Just a guess.
Can someone please measure the height of their game? And how much adjustments you have on the rear legs.
Thanks

Would be nice, but the metal ring is welded in place. No way to adjust.
What happens is when the ball is moving very fast and comes to the turn with the 3 rings it will smash into the side of the middle ring.

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Good timing with the code update just released

Sure is

#857 7 years ago

A friend of mine Curt, at portland pinball repair just picked this up for me and is going to install a shaker motor and the full playfield protector from the guys in Germany, and the shooter lane protectors from cliffy. I also have the stern topper for it. Is there any thing else you guys would recommend? Do I still need the air ball mod if I'm using a playfield protector? Any suggestions will be great. Thank you.

IMG_2534 (resized).jpgIMG_2534 (resized).jpg

#858 7 years ago

Oldpinguy's airball deflector works quite well, I would add that.

#859 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The ball is not coming out of the subway about 20% of the time on my Premium. If I test by hand, I am getting 0 failures. At this point my only thought is that sometimes the ball is getting air when headed down into the subway and hitting the top of the tunnel entrance, losing some momentum. I am thinking of lowering my pitch about (at 7 degrees right now).
Anyone else run into something similar, have some suggestions?

So I tried a few things, and it is much better now. Tried reducing the pitch to 6.5, and made sure it was dead level, no real impact.

Quoted from fxdwg:

I had two different issues with my subway ramp, one as mentioned, that it seems some of the time, the ball would not make it out of the subway. I loosened the nut on the bottom of the entrance to the subway and forced the plastic ramp against the right side of the playfield edge, and then tightened the nut while holding the ramp in place, that fixed one issue.

Looked into this (thanks), and under the playfield where the metal and plastic ramps met was a bit loose. Tried a couple of different positions, trying to make sure everything was aligned. I found one position where it was working pretty good, I was getting way fewer stuck balls, but was still happening about 10% of the time.

I then tried taking some adhesive felt (very thin) and putting it inside the second ring on the subway ramp, just at the top of the ring, with the thought of making it just a bit tighter, maybe guiding the ball better. It was too thick, the ball would come to a complete stop and get stuck Instead I put some electricians tape inside the first ring (figuring it was better to slow it earlier rather than later) and did 25 ramp shots with no stuck ball. Not sure if the electrician's tape is actually doing anything or I just had a good run with no problems, will keep playing and see how it goes.

On the plus side, I am much better at hitting that shot consistently now, nothing like lots of practice

#860 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Just a guess.
Thanks

Mine is a touch under 77" with the playfield set about 7 degrees

#861 7 years ago

A few more obsevations after 5 days of play on my premium.

-Playfield is looking fantastic, inserts are flawless
- I can count on one hand the airballs that were of the "whoa what happened there?" variety.
- This game is REALLY tough. Make your shots or it's game over.
- The left ramp into the subway is a really satisfying shot, especially when starting multiball
- Now that I'm getting the hang of the rules I really appreciate the layout.
- The "one more game" factor on this is off the charts
- I don't like red dots, why does Stern insist on red?
- I'm having a hell of a time putting up a decent score but rather than getting frustrated, I keep pressing the start button rather than the off button.

The honeymoon continues.

Edit to add that I installed a shaker motor on day three and what a great add. Not sure why shakers aren't standard on premiums

#862 7 years ago

We got one! I got the delivery from Trent from Tilt Amusements today. I had multiple inquiries at to when I had placed my order and I had my deposit down on March 9th. The game is playing well so far. I am having trouble with the subway ramp like the others but I haven't had time to mess with it. Also, Tony Scoleri is 'clicking' and 'hopping' in place so I have to do an adjustment there. Other than that things are looking good. I can't wait to get a good wax on it. Please, enjoy the way too many pictures. Sorry, I don't have better pictures of the play field but if you ask nice I will take one.

IMG_4706 (resized).JPGIMG_4706 (resized).JPG

IMG_4703 (resized).JPGIMG_4703 (resized).JPG

IMG_4699 (resized).JPGIMG_4699 (resized).JPG

IMG_4698 (resized).JPGIMG_4698 (resized).JPG

IMG_4696 (resized).JPGIMG_4696 (resized).JPG

IMG_4697 (resized).JPGIMG_4697 (resized).JPG

IMG_4686 (resized).JPGIMG_4686 (resized).JPG

IMG_4681 (resized).JPGIMG_4681 (resized).JPG

IMG_4679 (resized).JPGIMG_4679 (resized).JPG

IMG_4678 (resized).JPGIMG_4678 (resized).JPG

#863 7 years ago

I was told by Trent yesterday that stern is waiting on parts and that premiums will start rolling off the line again at the end of the month !

#864 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

We got one! I got the delivery from Trent from Tilt Amusements today. I had multiple inquiries at to when I had placed my order and I had my deposit down on March 9th. The game is playing well so far. I am having trouble with the subway ramp like the others but I haven't had time to mess with it. Also, Tony Scoleri is 'clicking' and 'hopping' in place so I have to do an adjustment there. Other than that things are looking good. I can't wait to get a good wax on it. Please, enjoy the way too many pictures. Sorry, I don't have better pictures of the play field but if you ask nice I will take one.

Two great games there!

#865 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

Nice game and family. Enjoy your Ghostbusters; life is good.

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Thanks. I'll make sure my brackets are at 78 then.
Is 7 degrees the agreed upon angle?

#867 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks. I'll make sure my brackets are at 78 then.
Is 7 degrees the agreed upon angle?

I actually think it's 6.5 in the manual but I'm too lazy to make the adjustment. Love the speed of the game at 7 though.

#868 7 years ago

OK.. a little electrical tape in the first ring of the subway ramp took off enough speed so the the ball slides down the ramp and out the other side instead of dropping and getting stuck. That info is with only 5/5 tests. Some of us have to work in the morning you know. I looked at Tony Scoleri, touched his spring, and he seemed to fix himself. Maybe just a breaking in period. One bad bit of news, I have a chip in my clear by the autolauncher but I think that may have happened when they built it as I seen a wood splinter too. Looking into it tomorrow.

#869 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just FYI for those looking for these parts... they are threaded... they are called 'stand-offs' not spacers

They are listed as spacers on pinball life.
Magicchiz

#870 7 years ago

I've been following this thread and the other GB threads on Pinside and I'm happy to say my premium FINALLY arrives today. Big shout out to JJ at Gameexchange for being killer to deal with as always. I'll post some pics when I get it unboxed. I'll also be putting a video up on YouTube in the next week or so.

#871 7 years ago
Quoted from ryerson82:

I've been following this thread and the other GB threads on Pinside and I'm happy to say my premium FINALLY arrives today. Big shout out to JJ at Gameexchange for being killer to deal with as always. I'll post some pics when I get it unboxed. I'll also be putting a video up on YouTube in the next week or so.

I second the JJ nod, I've been having a great experience with him so far on a GB Premium order.

#872 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

They are listed as spacers on pinball life.
Magicchiz

Thanks for pointing that out. Sad, but true I suppose

#873 7 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

I second the JJ nod, I've been having a great experience with him so far on a GB Premium order.

Third the JJ NOD, I had so many warranty issues with Stern has always assisted and called me personally to make sure things got handled. Now if I can just get him to get me a sweet deal on some Arcades..hint hint JJ.

#874 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Thanks. I got it mounted tonight. Now all I need is the game and to figure out wiring.

IMG_3791 (resized).JPGIMG_3791 (resized).JPG

#875 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks. I got it mounted tonight. Now all I need is the game and to figure out wiring.

I always cringe when I see electronics plugged directly into a wall and are not plugged into a surge protection device. 30% of my repair jobs back home are because of this. Just some friendly advise, I would get a surge protector for at least the pins.

#876 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I always cringe when I see electronics plugged directly into a wall and are not plugged into a surge protection device. 30% of my repair jobs back home are because of this. Just some friendly advise, I would get a surge protector for at least the pins.

Thanks for your concern, but the plug in wall protectors don't offer any real protection. I have all games on their own sub panel that's protected. Plus I switch them off with a bank of switches in the other room.

#877 7 years ago

I ordered a little more expensive one that actually shows the voltage going through it, nobody i know uses those little plug ins, there are really nice ones I have hooked in the theater room equipment and tv, and i ordered one for the arcade machines. Cruthfield has a few good ones. Why is the roof not done, thats a killer arcade but the roof not only would look nice but also insulating it well will keep the noise down in the basement. I love ski ball machine, makes me think of the beach.

#878 7 years ago

Got mine yesterday!

FB_IMG_1476377342334 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1476377342334 (resized).jpg

#880 7 years ago

Unboxed mine yesterday. PF date of 23-Aug-16. No issues out of the box. Raised slimer a touch as he was scraping the left side. Still scrapes over the captive ball metal but Mylar is on that.

Few airballs, the airball plastic I got cut needs trimming. I will trim it and put it on.

Dimples (normal) are there.

Funny thing is this. I haven't put the lane extenders on yet. I haven't had one single cheap drain from a lane hop? Had a few SDTM though from the flipper gap. I am going to put the centre post in.

Kept 1.05 code in for now.

Bad news is 15 games in and where the ball ejects into the shooter lane, there is some CC cracking. Took pictures and put Mylar on it. Fuck it I don't care. I'll wait o see if there's any other problems first.

Question for you tech boys; I want to try out the new code but want to keep 1.05 in case I don't like it. How do I back up 1.05 and is it possible to rollback once updated to 1.10 if I want to?

Cheers

#881 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I ordered a little more expensive one that actually shows the voltage going through it, nobody i know uses those little plug ins, there are really nice ones I have hooked in the theater room equipment and tv, and i ordered one for the arcade machines. Cruthfield has a few good ones. Why is the roof not done, thats a killer arcade but the roof not only would look nice but also insulating it well will keep the noise down in the basement. I love ski ball machine, makes me think of the beach.

What are the good surge protectors?

#882 7 years ago

Got my delivery today, I'm in LOVE. Everything looks great, the game plays really fast. As soon as I booted it up, I was greeted by this little guy:

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I work for a copier company that sells expensive surge protectorers. We have had demos and talk by vendors about the others short comings. The best for me is a panel surge and a switch that disconnects power.

Thanks , I built the house two years ago, did all the basement wiring and stained the concrete floor. The ceiling will get done but still working on trim in the rest of the house, and basement bathroom is in line before that. Plus the ceiling will make the basement taxable.

#884 7 years ago

Quick update on mine:

Had it for a week, about 75 plays (I know, low, but I have been working dammit). 9-8 playfield, no ghosting, no chipping. I have had on an airball protector and shooter lane protectors since before first plunge though.

Out of box issues and my fixes:

1) My slimer was dragging his butt on the captive ball mech. My plan was to just raise him up a bit by undoing the hold screw and moving it up a bit, but I could not get that thing to budge after I removed the screw. Instead I slightly bent the arm Slimer is hanging off of, much better now. Also had to tweak his sensitivity a bit, it was registering too often.

2) The ball wasn't making it out of the subway consistently. I have a few posts earlier in this thread discussing it, seems to be solved now but keeping an eye on it.

3) Like others reported my auto launch was very excited to launch balls, it was flinging them so hard they were bouncing off the back board, beaning off of poor Mr. Stay Puft about 80% of the time. As a ghetto fix I added a small piece of 1/8" adhesive strip foam to the top of the coil stop for the auto launch coil. Not sure how long it will hold up, or if there is a better way, but the ball now launches perfectly every time.

Hope some of this helps someone else. If anyone has a better fix for the auto launch let me know.

#885 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I work for a copier company that sells expensive surge protectorers. We have had demos and talk by vendors about the others short comings. The best for me is a panel surge and a switch that disconnects power.
Thanks , I built the house two years ago, did all the basement wiring and stained the concrete floor. The ceiling will get done but still working on trim in the rest of the house, and basement bathroom is in line before that. Plus the ceiling will make the basement taxable.

Nice, that's a bit more executive level protection!!. Nothing is better than building a house from ground up. That way you get it the way you want it!!! Put extra insulation in roof!!!!

#886 7 years ago

Nowaxstr you can probably surf the web and get a better deal then cruthfield. I think I got this on Amazon about 5 years ago. Panamax M4300-PM

#887 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Quick update on mine:

2) The ball wasn't making it out of the subway consistently. I have a few posts earlier in this thread discussing it, seems to be solved now but keeping an eye on it.

Happens a lot on mine. What can be done?

#888 7 years ago

so I was told my game was ready to ship last Friday - still no call from the shipping company. Had problems with them in the past....hopefully things are still on the up and up.....what has the typical turnaround been for you guys (distro says ready and ship company calls you to schedule)?

#889 7 years ago

Mine shipped last Wednesday and I received it today. Shipper called me on Tuesday. Does anyone know how to adjust the shaker motor power?

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Happens a lot on mine. What can be done?

Click on the person icon in the header of this post, will take you to the posts I have done in this thread. I am too lazy to type everything out again

#891 7 years ago

electricians tape inside the first ring

That's it right? Do you get to this above or below the play field?

#892 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Yeah. A pic would help.

#893 7 years ago

Update. My distributer picked my game up yesterday. I will be able to get it from him this weekend when he returns. But the cliffys for the shooter lane have not arrived!

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yeah. A pic would help.

Alright. A recap and a couple of pics. One shows where the plastic meets metal on the subway ramp underneath the playfield. The nut and plate on mine was loose. Not super loose, but I could move it with my hand. Tried to make sure the metal "prongs" where centered in the plastic and tightened it down. that cut down my failure rate to around 10% from 20%.

Taking a look at how it was failing, and how it was only failing when making the shot, not doing by hand, I figured it was rattling around too much in the habitrail before or just after it hit the plunge, losing too much momentum on the way down, so I decided to try adding something to slow the ball down a bit before it got to the plunge so the ball was more under control. The metal rings on the habitrail are there to do that, but it wasn't always working on mine. So I took a piece of electrical tape and taped inside the first metal ring on the ramp, just at the top, figuring every little bit would help. I chose electrical tape because I first tried very thin adhesive felt and it was bringing the ball to a stop. Surprised it worked honestly, as I didn't think something that thin would make a difference, but I can hit the ramp 20, 25 times without a failure now so I am leaving everything alone. I attached a pic showing the first ring, you cannot really see the tape, but it is inside, just at the top of the metal ring.

Hope this helps and works for other people.

IMG_0727 (resized).JPGIMG_0727 (resized).JPG

IMG_0730 (resized).JPGIMG_0730 (resized).JPG

#895 7 years ago

I now have a deposit on a premium. I hope Stern get the parts they need and can restart production soon!

#896 7 years ago

I didn't like the game at first cause I thought it was too hard. I put the new code on and just kept playing. It all seemed to click today. 4 scores in the billions with a high of 2.5 billion. Things seem to be settling in. This game is freaking awesome! Man there are some weird/cool things that happen later in the game. This is a keeper!

#897 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I didn't like the game at first cause I thought it was too hard. I put the new code on and just kept playing. It all seemed to click today. 4 scores in the billions with a high of 2.5 billion. Things seem to be settling in. This game is freaking awesome! Man there are some weird/cool things that happen later in the game. This is a keeper!

I agree. Was getting frustrated with fast drains and short games but finally had an epic (for me) game over a billion and it was fNtastic. It's funny how you have games that are just drain, drain, drain on any missed shot but suddenly everything clicks and you're hitting your shots and the shots you do miss just drop to your flipper or gently down the inlane. God I love pinball.

#898 7 years ago

Just got er setup!
No complaints so far.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I agree. Was getting frustrated with fast drains and short games but finally had an epic (for me) game over a billion and it was fNtastic. It's funny how you have games that are just drain, drain, drain on any missed shot but suddenly everything clicks and you're hitting your shots and the shots you do miss just drop to your flipper or gently down the inlane. God I love pinball.

You guys are killing me cause I'm still waiting for mine. I'm going nuts. Solid 2 machines to get the funds... and the waiting sucks!

Glad to hear the game plays great

#900 7 years ago

Worth the wait.

Quoted from Rferullo:You guys are killing me cause I'm still waiting for mine. I'm going nuts. Solid 2 machines to get the funds... and the waiting sucks!
Glad to hear the game plays great

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/18?hl=deafcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.