Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 37.
#801 3 years ago

Finally set mine up today. 9/19 build date but I forgot to check the playfield date - will do so this week. Only put about a dozen games on it but no playfield issues yet. Slimer worked perfectly out of the box.

Only issue so far is the left scoop shoots the ball straight down the middle. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you compensate for it? Did you turn down the strength of the coil? Or did you just bend the guide next to the scoop? Thanks.

#802 3 years ago

Only issue so far is the left scoop shoots the ball straight down the middle. Has anyone else had this issue? How did you compensate for it? Did you turn down the strength of the coil? Or did you just bend the guide next to the scoop? Thanks.

I had this with the right scoop. I took used an adjustable wrench to carefully twist the scoop enough to hit the flipper. Now it's been great!

#803 3 years ago

Pretty sure there's mention of that and lowering coil strength does help if IIRC.

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I had this with the right scoop. I took used an adjustable wrench to carefully twist the scoop enough to hit the flipper. Now it's been great!

Yes it's a common issue. Reduce the coil strength to deliver to the left flipper.
I think it's 23

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Coming soon as reported from Pinball Paparazzi FB page.

what's coming - sorry not following....

#806 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

my guess would be he is talking about the plasma proton pack something or other that stern mentioned as an add on accessory for the machine. (quite some time ago.)

#807 3 years ago

slimer issue... not dragging, but many hits do not register. I know there were issues with the first version of the slimer mechanism. but this is on our new premium. I've tried searching, however with so many posts it has proven pretty difficult. can someone please point me in the direction of a fix? this is the last adjustment that I need to take care of, and our new premium will be dialed in pretty well.

thanks in advance for any and all help.

-troy

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

slimer issue... not dragging, but many hits do not register. I know there were issues with the first version of the slimer mechanism. but this is on our new premium. I've tried searching, however with so many posts it has proven pretty difficult. can someone please point me in the direction of a fix? this is the last adjustment that I need to take care of, and our new premium will be dialed in pretty well.
thanks in advance for any and all help.
-troy

After playing my premium a bunch I'm finding Slimer registers on direct, clean hits, glancing ones most frequently don't register. Although I'm not sure they are supposed to either... When I wait and smack him when he's right in front of the path to the gozer target he registers every time. When he's out of that position he is slightly elevated off of the playfield which would make it harder for good contact.

#809 3 years ago

I'm ready to pull the trigger on ordering a premium. I do not have a local distributor. What places have been offering the best deals?

Thanks!

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I'm ready to pull the trigger on ordering a premium. I do not have a local distributor. What places have been offering the best deals?
Thanks!

Try Trent at Tilt Amusements.

#811 3 years ago

This might have already been addressed if so I missed it. When my left scoop ejects the ball barely hits the tip of the right flipper. What's the easiest way to adjust this. I noticed there are 2 Allen wrench screws on the top of the playfield and one hex screw under the playfield. This is a little different then my other pins. Normally I loosen the hex screws under the playfield and twist it a little. Any new way to adjust these that I'm not aware of?

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

This might have already been addressed if so I missed it. When my left scoop ejects the ball barely hits the tip of the right flipper. What's the easiest way to adjust this. I noticed there are 2 Allen wrench screws on the top of the playfield and one hex screw under the playfield. This is a little different then my other pins. Normally I loosen the hex screws under the playfield and twist it a little. Any new way to adjust these that I'm not aware of?

Go into adjustments and change the power of eject. Did that for my left scoop, went to 20 and it trickles to my left flipper so 25-30 may be good to hit that flips nicely.

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

After playing my premium a bunch I'm finding Slimer registers on direct, clean hits, glancing ones most frequently don't register. Although I'm not sure they are supposed to either... When I wait and smack him when he's right in front of the path to the gozer target he registers every time. When he's out of that position he is slightly elevated off of the playfield which would make it harder for good contact.

Ok thank you. Wasn't sure if this was by design or not. I agree small touches shouldn't score a bit but I don't want to have to knock him off his post either. Lol.

#814 3 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Thanks!

I bought buy Premium from a local distributor in MN (Lieberman Company and the person to talk to is Mark Meyer) Awesome guy I would not buy anything with out him.

#815 3 years ago

Ok so is everyone re shaping their right ramp protector? also changing out the post? Just wondered if anyone else has done this to see if it makes the right ramp a better shot?
Magicchiz

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

I bought buy Premium from a local distributor in MN (Lieberman Company and the person to talk to is Mark Meyer) Awesome guy I would not buy anything with out him.

I found liebermans was at least $1000 more delivered then most distributors. Part of that is the sales tax they have to charge.

#817 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't cross the streams is going to be a second video mode in the next code update

#818 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Don't cross the streams is going to be a second video mode in the next code update

How do we know this and is there an ETA on said code update? Thanks.

#819 3 years ago

Anyone able to figure out how to get the side plastics from pinball life doubled up like this photo below? The lane plastic 4 screws mounts aren't tall enough to get both on there.

http://www.pinballlife.com/images/products/preview/gb_pro_uk.jpg

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

How do we know this and is there an ETA on said code update? Thanks.

Not sure on the ETA, but hopefully soon.

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Anyone able to figure out how to get the side plastics from pinball life doubled up like this photo below? The lane plastic 4 screws mounts aren't tall enough to get both on there.

Please don't put that monstrosity on your beautiful new Premium.

#822 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I took it more that they are going to release the proton stream add on pack to fill those outlane holes.

#823 3 years ago

Just informed by My distributor that my premium just got in this morning!!! I'm going to be installing the playfield protector from the guys in Germany before any play at all. I'll post pictures soon!

Has Anyone on here installed one of the playfield protectors on a premium? Just curious on how it looks and fits.

#824 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Regarding the right ramp: for my GB it was sufficient replacing the metall piece Holding the ramp by a shorter one. The current one is 2'' and I used 1.5". You can simly unscrew the metall piece from the bottom of the playfield After removing the ramp and out in the shorter one. The difference makes the Shot significantly easier.
The angle is certainly another reason for the Shooting problem, in my opinion a Design fault. But als this is more difficult to solve I would Start with the Metall piece.

you talking about the left side or right side rail on the ramp? The one holding the blue rubber or the wall side? how to you find a shorter version?

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I got the same ones but waiting to get my premium. I read on here somewhere that they fit but barely.

#826 3 years ago

Got mine today, looks and plays great. So far, I haven't needed to make any adjustments. Slimer doesn't drag on the captive ball. Loving the game so far.

IMG_0219 (resized).JPG

#827 3 years ago

Can someone please measure the highest point of the backbox and how much leveler you have to go up? I decided to mount my custom topper to the wall I would like it get it installed before I get the game. Thanks

#828 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you talking about the left side or right side rail on the ramp? The one holding the blue rubber or the wall side? how to you find a shorter version?

Neo, Looks to me they are talking about the hex spacer that holds the cross over ramp. I took mine out to measure as well and the ramp does lower quite a bit. look like if you get a smaller hex spacer it will make the ramp less steep. Only thing I am wondering about is the other end may need to be bent down a tad to level it out.
magicchiz

#829 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Not sure on the ETA, but hopefully soon.

how do you know this? was there a story somewhere?

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Neo, Looks to me they are talking about the hex spacer that holds the cross over ramp. I took mine out to measure as well and the ramp does lower quite a bit. look like if you get a smaller hex spacer it will make the ramp less steep. Only thing I am wondering about is the other end may need to be bent down a tad to level it out.
magicchiz

I did this as well. I explained it in my solution. I lowered the hex about 1/4" and attached the exit of the ramp, under the plastic and washer so that was lowered as well. Have no problems with the exiting. Actually might be exiting to fast, because sometimes it gets spin on it when it exits, and goes upwards. I wanted to find a way to shorten, the blue rubber side. this would increase the entry point a lot. I may trim my blue rubber down by half. Would allow a much better angle for the shot. They should have just rotated the ramp slightly clockwise about 2 degrees more and the entry point would have been much more natural.

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I did this as well. I explained it in my solution. I lowered the hex about 1/4" and attached the exit of the ramp, under the plastic and washer so that was lowered as well. Have no problems with the exiting. Actually might be exiting to fast, because sometimes it gets spin on it when it exits, and goes upwards. I wanted to find a way to shorten, the blue rubber side. this would increase the entry point a lot. I may trim my blue rubber down by half. Would allow a much better angle for the shot. They should have just rotated the ramp slightly clockwise about 2 degrees more and the entry point would have been much more natural.

What about pulling the blue rubber side out a little and just putting a piece of rubber between it and the plastic ramp. opening up the entrance a little. Now it cant be much, or the ball draining down by the wire form gate may send the ball straight to the middle of the flippers. Just a thought.
Magicchiz

#832 3 years ago

Outlines look good. Need air ball protector.

IMAG0010 (resized).jpg

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

magicchiz

Exactly, just put in a smaller hex spacer. There is no Need to adjust the lebt side/Screen of the ramp. The ball moves to the left without Problem.

#834 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Exactly, just put in a smaller hex spacer. There is no Need to adjust the lebt side/Screen of the ramp. The ball moves to the left without Problem.

Just FYI for those looking for these parts... they are threaded... they are called 'stand-offs' not spacers

#835 3 years ago

The ball is not coming out of the subway about 20% of the time on my Premium. If I test by hand, I am getting 0 failures. At this point my only thought is that sometimes the ball is getting air when headed down into the subway and hitting the top of the tunnel entrance, losing some momentum. I am thinking of lowering my pitch about (at 7 degrees right now).

Anyone else run into something similar, have some suggestions?

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The ball is not coming out of the subway about 20% of the time on my Premium. If I test by hand, I am getting 0 failures. At this point my only thought is that sometimes the ball is getting air when headed down into the subway and hitting the top of the tunnel entrance, losing some momentum. I am thinking of lowering my pitch about (at 7 degrees right now).

I read previously that this can be adjusted. You need to get under the playfield and mess with a screw or bolt on the subway to fix this.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

You are spot on.
We have the same issue.
Out of the box we had a 10 % success rate of the ball making it back up the ramp.
After centering where the ramps meet we now have a 70% success rate. Better but not perfect.
We did some testing and found out the same thing as you did.
If we just let the ball go at the top of the ramp by hand, bingo, 100% success rate.
So my brother has put a couple of little foam pads on the upper portion of the ramp to try and slow the ball down a bit because on a fast shot the ball will slam into the middle metal ring and rattle before making its plunge.
But even that has not fixed the issue entirely.

#838 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Try Trent at Tilt Amusements.

Contacted Trent yesterday.............on backorder till December!

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I read previously that this can be adjusted. You need to get under the playfield and mess with a screw or bolt on the subway to fix this.

I read this too, and I couldn't see exactly where people were making the adjustment, and I also figured since everything worked by hand (and most of the time when shooting), it wasn't the same problem.

Quoted from Arcade:

So my brother has put a couple of little foam pads on the upper portion of the ramp to try and slow the ball down a bit because on a fast shot the ball will slam into the middle metal ring and rattle before making its plunge.
But even that has not fixed the issue entirely.

Thanks! I'll do some playing around tonight, post any progress I make.

#840 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I read this too, and I couldn't see exactly where people were making the adjustment, and I also figured since everything worked by hand (and most of the time when shooting), it wasn't the same problem.

Thanks! I'll do some playing around tonight, post any progress I make.

how old is your game?

Mine is the new build and I've had zero issue with that. Maybe they made a change in the factory? Someone with a new build or I could take a look and post a pic

#841 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

how old is your game?
Mine is the new build and I've had zero issue with that. Maybe they made a change in the factory? Someone with a new build or I could take a look and post a pic

Thanks, but mine is pretty new (sept 19 build). I don't think it is a machine defect or anything, it is just something is off my a mm or so causing the issue. Just the normal fun of dialing in a NIB machine.

What is your playfield pitch at?

#842 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Thanks, but mine is pretty new (sept 19 build). I don't think it is a machine defect or anything, it is just something is off my a mm or so causing the issue. Just the normal fun of dialing in a NIB machine.

Mine with the same issue is a Sept 19 build date as well.

#843 3 years ago

For the guys who got their game delivered did they just drop it off or was the timing scheduled by the trunk company? I thought the latter but was reading some guy came home and it was just there....

#844 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Contacted Trent yesterday.............on backorder till December!

geez how many did he sell...must of sold a lot as I know my disti is getting more this month.

#845 3 years ago

Mine should be delivered today weather dependant and it's supposed to have showers today. Wish me luck boys!

#846 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys who got their game delivered did they just drop it off or was the timing scheduled by the trunk company? I thought the latter but was reading some guy came home and it was just there....

Trucking company called me to schedule.

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was given an 8 hour window, but it was delivered an hour and a half late. I'm sure it varies between shipping companies, but mine required signatures.

#848 3 years ago

ok thanks - I guess next call to expect is from trucking company. That's what I thought. Thanks.

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Mine was just after that. Yeah I know what you mean. Actually I set mine up and never checked for level or anything. The only thing I've changed is the power of the left scoop (turned down) and the volume down. mmmm I'll have to check when I get home.

#850 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

What about pulling the blue rubber side out a little and just putting a piece of rubber between it and the plastic ramp. opening up the entrance a little. Now it cant be much, or the ball draining down by the wire form gate may send the ball straight to the middle of the flippers. Just a thought.
Magicchiz

you can't really pull to the left with the blue rubber section. Because then your loop will be messed up. right now, balls coming down that side out of the pops, or from slow shots, barely catch the tip of the flipper already. If you move that wall out even more, everything from that orbit will just go down the middle. No room to play there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dallas, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Snohomish, WA
There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside