Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 37.
#751 3 years ago

Uploaded a unboxing video of my buddy Dan's premium that arrived last week. Game arrived safe. Not sure what his playfield date is but he reported a couple of slight ghosting on a couple of inserts. Fun game!

#752 3 years ago

Slimer is dragging....

Seriously....how are some Premiums shipping with Slimer not dragging, and some with?

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Slimer is dragging....
Seriously....how are some Premiums shipping with Slimer not dragging, and some with?

i assume the arm is not all the way down to the circlip. Seriously you don't need to bend the arm or shorten the wire, I just undid the grub screw and moved the arm up about 3mm (1/8th). no dragging.

#754 3 years ago

Yup Slimer was severely dragging but we couldn't find a way to adjust any higher than it already was

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

i assume the arm is not all the way down to the circlip. Seriously you don't need to bend the arm or shorten the wire, I just undid the grub screw and moved the arm up about 3mm (1/8th). no dragging.

I was referencing the video above....I haven't got mine yet.

Hopefully it works out of the box, but I'll start with your advice.

#756 3 years ago

Still waiting on my Premium. Anyone else kind of feel after reading these threads for so long it's as if you've actually owned the machine for months?

#757 3 years ago

Has anyone gotten their Premium from Cointaker yet?

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Still waiting on my Premium. Anyone else kind of feel after reading these threads for so long it's as if you've actually owned the machine for months?

Yeah, I think back to last October reading the speculation thread as leaks started to trickle in. No way did I think, then that I'd be sitting here the following October and still not have this pin in the lineup.

#759 3 years ago

Got the email.
I'll be getting mine next weekend. Woot. It's been 6 months since I ordered.
And just got the drive reblacktopped. Let's hope I can drive on it next weekend.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Nope

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Optical illusion, it's the side of the rivet for the post that goes through the playfield to hold down the metal rail.
You're a long way from home Cap! I still have the goodies you sent me for TWD sounds. Hope you are safe and well.

As safe as one can be here I suppose, thanks! If you start making extra sound mods for GB I might have to find a PREM that had a swapped PF and hit you up when I get home.

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I was told I would be "one of the first to ship out," but have not heard anything, yet.

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I was told I would be "one of the first to ship out," but have not heard anything, yet.

Maybe they are going to get a larger shipment or something...hoping to hear something soon!

#764 3 years ago

Of course after months of waiting, I had to leave town for a couple days and guess what shows up??? Hahahaha....won't be able to get it unboxed til tomorrow, but I'm soooooo ready. A buddy got his at the same time and set it up...says it plays awesomely (no surprise there)...

Ghostbusters Boxed (resized).jpg

#765 3 years ago

What is the date consensus? What dates are good vs. not? Is there a line or is just a crap
Shoot?

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

What is the date consensus? What dates are good vs. not? Is there a line or is just a crap
Shoot?

Sept 8th and earlier, you can cross your fingers. More recent than that, and no problems reported to date.

#767 3 years ago

Mine finally showed up in Minnesota on Wednesday from Cointaker.

14600967_1233520646698353_3051879082443666849_n (resized).jpg

#768 3 years ago

Just checked my inserts on my Sept. 8th playfield again.
Still no ghosting. Fingers crossed.
I have a shaker and have played over 200 games.

#769 3 years ago

Put mine off till January! I have probably $800.in Mods already for this pin!!:(Not gonna get one with problems!!

#770 3 years ago

At this point I'm holding out for like a year so every damn thing gets worked out...and I have money for one. I wonder at what point distributors will have premiums in stock at all times.

#771 3 years ago

Got my premium today (delivery window was between 10-6. Of course it came at 7:30 grrr..). First impressions after about 15 games or so:

- Playfield is a 9-22-16. Everything looks perfect playfield/clearcoat (fingers crossed)
-Fit and finish is top notch on this machine other than a small scratch on the glass which was replaced with Invisiglass (looks incredible), so whatever
-Installed Art's airball plastic which works very well (nice work sir)
-In 15 games I had maybe 2 airballs that weren't bad at all.
-No balls jumping ball guides and very few (maybe one?)wtf drains
-Magna slings are so badass. At first I was underwelmed but soon realized they become more active the further along in the game and I was squeeling like a 6 year old when they really started messing with the ball
-Sound and lightshow are both superlative
-I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet, but hot damn is this game fun to play
-So many great shots, very satisfying
-A little too much pop action for my taste, but a minor beef

So in summary, this game is fantastic and after a lot of hand wringing about whether or not I should pull the trigger when I got the e-mail that it was in, I'm SO glad that I did. Off to play some more pinball, over and out.

Edit to add that Slimer needs a little adjusting as he's dragging his ass a bit.

#772 3 years ago

like the impressions and pics - we need more of this as I wait for the game!

As for invisiglass - where did you buy it? Looking for some for this game as I have it on my WOZ and it really is special.

#773 3 years ago

Picked up mine today from Trent at Tilt! Here's a documentation of the date and no playfield issues so far. Clear is smooth as glass and no insets are raised or lowered or ghosted. So far ..

Ramp switch is not registering well and Slimer dragging himself so have some adjustments to do tomorrow. Great so far.

IMG_7447 (resized).JPG

IMG_7448 (resized).JPG

IMG_7449 (resized).JPG

IMG_7450 (resized).JPG

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

like the impressions and pics - we need more of this as I wait for the game!
As for invisiglass - where did you buy it? Looking for some for this game as I have it on my WOZ and it really is special.

The invisiglass was an old sheet from a different machine that I believe was bought from Jersey Jack a couple years ago. I will be taking many pics and adding them tomorrow.

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

The invisiglass was an old sheet from a different machine that I believe was bought from Jersey Jack a couple years ago. I will be taking many pics and adding them tomorrow.

I thought JJP machines were wide body, is GB a wide body? Not sure if that invisiglass would work in a GB.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I thought JJP machines were wide body, is GB a wide body? Not sure if that invisiglass would work in a GB.

JJP made glass in standard and widebody. Welcome to Kabul my friend.

https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=63

#777 3 years ago

I'm noticing playfield dates are either hand written or stamped. The most recent playfields (after Sept 20) seem to be stamped. I'm curious if this is a difference in manufacturers where one manufacturer hand writes the "born on" date and the other stamps that date. Anyone have any ideas on this?

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'm noticing playfield dates are either hand written or stamped. The most recent playfields (September 20th and after) seem to be stamped. I'm curious if this is a difference in manufacturers where one manufacturer hand writes the "born on" date and the other stamps that date. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Good point. Mine is a hand-written 9.20

Now I wish it was stamped haha

#779 3 years ago

Mine is hand written 7/28 and mine is perfect, no ghosting, etc. I suspect the ghosting issues were in the stamped ones.....Different manufacturer?

#780 3 years ago

I don't know that it makes a difference. Just curious if it's 2 manufacturers or all in the same. Maybe the guy who shows up late for work gets the marker and everyone else uses the stamp, lol.

#781 3 years ago

-deleted-

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Picked up mine today from Trent at Tilt! Here's a documentation of the date and no playfield issues so far. Clear is smooth as glass and no insets are raised or lowered or ghosted. So far ..
Ramp switch is not registering well and Slimer dragging himself so have some adjustments to do tomorrow. Great so far.

Lucky you ordered from him first day and nothing I guess maybe a lot of people
Ordered from him before release ?

#783 3 years ago

Just picked up my GBLE last night. Build date is Sept.01.2016. Playfield date is hand written (8-19) AND stamped (AUG 25 2016). Just a few plays but all good so far.

Does anyone know what this pulsing sound is between the 13 sec and 16 sec mark in he video??? I hear it a lot. It can be anywhere from a few to several beeps randomly occurring throughout the game. It seems out of place. There are higher pitched pulsing sounds but I can see where those are linked to a mode timing out.

#784 3 years ago

Here is a pic of the playfield date.

IMG_1424 (resized).JPG

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Does anyone know what this pulsing sound is between the 13 sec and 16 sec mark in he video??? I hear it a lot. It can be anywhere from a few to several beeps randomly occurring throughout the game. It seems out of place. There are higher pitched pulsing sounds but I can see where those are linked to a mode timing out.
ยป YouTube video

I believe these are audio notifications to timers on modes/shots when you're running out of time. I think the insert typically starts flashing a little faster on the corresponding area was well.

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I believe these are audio notifications to timers on modes/shots when you're running out of time. I think the insert typically starts flashing a little faster on the corresponding area was well.

You are correct sir. The sound is linked to the Proton Pack.

It sounds just like my vehicles early warning collision system alarm. Maybe that is why it seems so unsettling.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

JJP made glass in standard and widebody. Welcome to Kabul my friend.
https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=63

NICE! You in Kabul? I am back and forth between there and other places.

#788 3 years ago

This thread has just been kicked off.

Maybe worth checking, maybe not?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attn-ghost-busters-owner

#789 3 years ago

So far everything seems to be working perfectly *except* the right ramp. Yargh. I get a lot of rejects. I tried taking out the metal bracket and adjusting the top hole to try and angle it to the right more but I don't think it helped much. Lots of balls get to the top of the ramp and then fall back down. I know this has been addressed but I don't remember where. I tried a different rubber in case it's ball spin but still plenty of rejects.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

So far everything seems to be working perfectly *except* the right ramp. Yargh. I get a lot of rejects. I tried taking out the metal bracket and adjusting the top hole to try and angle it to the right more but I don't think it helped much. Lots of balls get to the top of the ramp and then fall back down. I know this has been addressed but I don't remember where. I tried a different rubber in case it's ball spin but still plenty of rejects.

yeah I have the same issue. I have made the shot to the right ramp and had it successfully roll through but most just roll up and back down. It seems to me that the angle of the left flipper is sending it at the wrong angle so I am going to adjust the left flipper soon I think and see what that does. After 200 games I also gave in and decided to try the centre post from pinball life, so far I think it might just stay, as I seem to be having more fun knowing I can have slightly longer games, but it's still damn hard. Took me 200 games to get to we came we saw we kicked its Ass then I lost the ball. I didn't quite know what I did to start it as I only completed 2 modes at the left kick out.

#791 3 years ago

That wizard mode is achieved my completing all the modes in a ladder. The left has just 2 to complete. Skill shot to start those modes is much harder though, IMO it balances nicely.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

The problem seems to be with the trajectory of the ball in that much of the momentum is taken away by it ricocheting on the metal sides at first on the way up. I've done what others have(Captain Neo I believe) which is bend the right side metal bracket to be flush with plastic instead of having a gap. It's easy, just needed to remove wire form and two two screws at bottom of ramp. I also took a bit of height(by grinding it down) off the standoff holding the ramp up while I was there. I haven't had enough games to tell you it's an absolute fix, only that it appears to make a difference. I'm believe I'm now getting extra balls off hitting the PKE ramp due to making the shot consistently which hasn't happened before, but need more time playing.

Whats interesting is that if you throw the ball up manually at a different angle than from the flipper, it doesn't take much to get up there.

First pics is before bend and last two are after

IMG_0350 (resized).JPG
IMG_0372 (resized).JPG
IMG_0374 (resized).JPG

#793 3 years ago

Thanks! I know I bent my side rail as well but I'll make sure it's flush. You're right that it's easy to make the ramp by hand, so it must be the angle. I've back handed the ramp when the ball is above the right flipper.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

NICE! You in Kabul? I am back and forth between there and other places.

BAF

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

The problem seems to be with the trajectory of the ball in that much of the momentum is taken away by it ricocheting on the metal sides at first on the way up. I've done what others have(Captain Neo I believe) which is bend the right side metal bracket to be flush with plastic instead of having a gap. It's easy, just needed to remove wire form and two two screws at bottom of ramp. I also took a bit of height(by grinding it down) off the standoff holding the ramp up while I was there. I haven't had enough games to tell you it's an absolute fix, only that it appears to make a difference. I'm believe I'm now getting extra balls off hitting the PKE ramp due to making the shot consistently which hasn't happened before, but need more time playing.
Whats interesting is that if you throw the ball up manually at a different angle than from the flipper, it doesn't take much to get up there.
First pics is before bend and last two are after

so do you have to take the whole ramp off and unscrew the metal flap on the ramp entrance? Mine are so tight I was afraid the plastic would crack. Also how do you then bend the metal? I had a go but only half took the ramp off and wondered of the plastic of the ramp would come out under the metal part so tapped it with a hammer, slight change and put it back on. This stuff makes me nervous.

#796 3 years ago

HA HA! Right on I am here now for awhile. Careful with that AZZIZ stuf

#797 3 years ago

Regarding the right ramp: for my GB it was sufficient replacing the metall piece Holding the ramp by a shorter one. The current one is 2'' and I used 1.5". You can simly unscrew the metall piece from the bottom of the playfield After removing the ramp and out in the shorter one. The difference makes the Shot significantly easier.

The angle is certainly another reason for the Shooting problem, in my opinion a Design fault. But als this is more difficult to solve I would Start with the Metall piece.

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Regarding the right ramp: for my GB it was sufficient replacing the metall piece Holding the ramp by a shorter one. The current one is 2'' and I used 1.5". You can simly unscrew the metall piece from the bottom of the playfield After removing the ramp and out in the shorter one. The difference makes the Shot significantly easier.
The angle is certainly another reason for the Shooting problem, in my opinion a Design fault. But als this is more difficult to solve I would Start with the Metall piece.

This is it!! Thanks Zora! Rather than ordering a new part I just played "musical pinball parts" and discovered the spotlight posts on my ST were the perfect height. (Because the GB post was taller, I simply installed the spotlight upside down for now and can wait until I really need more parts to replace it.) This is a *must do* mod and I will contact Chas at Stern and suggest they change the height of that post. I believe the ST hex post is 1 5/8". I did notice that the wires coming out of the ramp switch are now right on the lower plastic but at least it works.

What I did to install it was to remove the crossover ramp. Just one screw on the right and a nylon lock nut on the left. Then use a crescent wrench to unscrew the post and to tighten the new one.

shorter hex post right ramp (resized).jpg

2 inch hex post (resized).jpg

#799 3 years ago

Have mine in and setup finally. 9-8 playfield date. No signs of ghosting, but only 10 games on it so far. Slimer was hitting his butt on the captive ball mech, will raise him up a couple mm when I get a chance. No rejects on my right ramp, I checked and the metal guide was already bent tight to the ramp, so should be good to go.

Currently on a wall by itself, it and my pins on the other wall awaiting lots of play today as family coming over for Canadian Thanksgiving.

IMG_0085 (resized).JPG

IMG_0084 (resized).JPG

#800 3 years ago

Coming soon as reported from Pinball Paparazzi FB page.

coming soon (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Snohomish, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
8,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa , NY
There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside