Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 37.
#701 3 years ago

two?

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I know you guys are saying the issue is not fixed, we have seen one or two domestic premiums with shooter lane kick out issues. That's not the "issue" are there any domestic premiums that have shown ghosting?
Thanks.

I think both the clear cracking and the ghosting are both issues albeit two issues.

#703 3 years ago

Well crap. Add mine to the clearcoat issues list. 104 plays and two ghosted inserts, cracked clear in the shooter lane even though Mylar was applied before a single play, and one sketchy lock opto.

IMG_2783 (resized).JPG

IMG_2785 (resized).JPG

IMG_2784 (resized).JPG

IMG_2786 (resized).JPG

IMG_2787 (resized).JPG

#704 3 years ago

Only one was mine. Haha

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Well crap. Add mine to the clearcoat issues list. 104 plays and two ghosted inserts, cracked clear in the shooter lane even though Mylar was applied before a single play, and one sketchy lock opto.

Sorry you got bit. Looks like 9/8 on playfield, definitely wasn't Stern's day. We've seen a few bad examples with that date now.

#706 3 years ago

:(Well, that makes me more worried... Same playfield date as mine. So far I only have the shooter lane issue. but I feel like it's just a matter of time.
I guess I'll just play the hell out of it and see what happens...

#707 3 years ago

Crap! Sending you an email now

JJ

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from Ragnar1991:

Got the email from Trent at Tilt today. Can't wait. Now I need to get the basement set up and ready!

When did you order in order from him evening of the day it was announced and still waiting

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

#710 3 years ago

Wow this is pretty disappointing that premiums are still suffering from this stuff. Wonder if start seeing more than 9/8. I thought stern figured this out...

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow this is pretty disappointing that premiums are still suffering from this stuff. Wonder if start seeing more than 9/8. I thought stern figured this out...

I'm getting mine tomorrow. If I have issues, I will cease to support Stern until they are fixed. This means no batman 66. This is getting pathetic. Raise prices, reduce quality.

#712 3 years ago

Still waiting on my GBLE to be made and shipped here.. I got impatient and bought an STLE, now I'm low on room and have TBL and GBLE coming. I may have to make some hard decisions

#713 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

:(Well, that makes me more worried... Same playfield date as mine. So far I only have the shooter lane issue. but I feel like it's just a matter of time.
I guess I'll just play the hell out of it and see what happens...

Best way to deal with it...They are meant to be played and I think they will take swap these out once they figure the cause of the problems.

#714 3 years ago

Anyone know are they sending out replacement populated play fields or bare play fields? The last thing I want to do is have to populate the replacement play field after spending 7K!

#715 3 years ago

Looks like it is a good thing I am still waiting on my premium. Looks like it's time for a complete revamp in the clearcoating department.

It sucks for John Trudeau. He finally gets a good theme and knocks the design put of the park. Now his title is being plagued by quality control issues.

#716 3 years ago

The call!!!!!

I'm officially preparing for the coming of Gozer, which is evidently this Saturday.

Wooooooooooooo!

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Anyone know are they sending out replacement populated play fields or bare play fields? The last thing I want to do is have to populate the replacement play field after spending 7K!

The rumor is populated playfields if approved by Stern that your playfield qualifies sometime starting after Jan 1st, 2017.

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow this is pretty disappointing that premiums are still suffering from this stuff.

Yeah, only the more expensive versions should have the shitty playfields

#719 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

The rumor is populated playfields if approved by Stern that your playfield qualifies sometime starting after Jan 1st, 2017.

It's odd that it's January now because I was told by Gary October and I believe kpg was as well.

#720 3 years ago

Got my prem today.

Put Mylar on the shooter lane and ball drop into the trough, until cliffs get here.

Anyone have a corner like this? It was on the front.

IMG_2626 (resized).JPG

IMG_2619 (resized).JPG

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

JJ, what will the email contain? The ghosting on that Tobin and Add a Ball are minimal. My Tobin is worse.

Cracked clear in the shooter lane? Ok, does that qualify under the secret Stern replacement plan?

I wouldn't whine about that but if everybody else is then wtf

#722 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Still waiting on my GBLE to be made and shipped here.. I got impatient and bought an STLE, now I'm low on room and have TBL and GBLE coming. I may have to make some hard decisions

WTF, how can that be?

GBLE is a GREAT pin Concrete, how do you not have yours?

Most people love STLE but I hate it.

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

It's odd that it's January now because I was told by Gary October and I believe kpg was as well.

Probably pushed back to make sure there playfield issue is fixed....since Sept 8th playfields are still having confirmed issues it's my opinion they do not have the problem solved as of yet pushing back the swap date. Hey they don't want to swap a playfield twice now do they.

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yeah that is crazy. Congrats on the STLE though. Maybe they have run out of LE playfields and are making a new one for you with no issues!

#725 3 years ago

The plot thickens, mine looks to be a Sept 8th playfield and I have no issues as of yet....only 62 games though.

IMG_4541 (resized).jpg

IMG_4542 (resized).jpg

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Got my prem today.
Put Mylar on the shooter lane and ball drop into the trough, until cliffs get here.
Anyone have a corner like this? It was on the front.

Kinda funny that the QC stamp is right next to that. Not a big deal in my book since nobody will ever see it. Is the structural integrity alright?

#727 3 years ago

Could be a dumb question but I've never laid down mylar in the shooter lane before. Is it just peel and stick?

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Most people love STLE but I hate it.

Say it ain't so Ice! STLE is not only fun to play, it's fun too look at too!

IMG_4234 (resized).JPG

#729 3 years ago

I have one of the hand written 9.8 playfields as well.
So far so good after a week of play.
I will keep an eye out though.

#730 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Kinda funny that the QC stamp is right next to that. Not a big deal in my book since nobody will ever see it. Is the structural integrity alright?

I haven't really stressed the corner, but when I wiggled it, the seem paint moved a little but didn't seem bad?

#731 3 years ago

Just received my GB Premium. September 26th playfield stamp. No issues after about 30 plays. Fingers crossed. Going to mylar the shooter lane and drain edge regardless.

Other notable notes:
- Slimer moves flawlessly. No rubbing or smacking into anything. Anyone who says Slimer is more fun on the Pro is delusional and lying to themselves. The game is way more fun when he's not in the same spot when trying to smack him (or avoid him).
- Both scoops kick perfectly to the center of their respective flippers.
- Autolauncher flings the ball at Mach 10. Need to look into toning that down a little bit. About 15% of the time it smacks the back wall and trickles down through the right orbit.
- Drop targets - just like every other GB I've played - hard direct shot straight at it rejects 80% of the time. Gotta plan the shot as a backhand...
- Magna slings...... freaking awesome. seriously work so well with the theme and are a hoot to play. different but good different for this theme.
- Installed a air ball protector right away - hardly any airballs. Strongly, strongly recommend one before anyone plays a game...

Everything else seems to be working as intended. Hopefully the playfield issues are finally resolved.

#732 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I haven't really stressed the corner, but when I wiggled it, the seem paint moved a little but didn't seem bad?

Well it is good you took a picture maybe forward it to your distributor in case it fails later on or give them a call about it stating your concerns then play on my friend...congratulations on a great game!

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Just received my GB Premium. September 26th playfield stamp. No issues after about 30 plays. Fingers crossed. Going to mylar the shooter lane and drain edge regardless.
Other notable notes:
- Slimer moves flawlessly. No rubbing or smacking into anything. Anyone who says Slimer is more fun on the Pro is delusional and lying to themselves. The game is way more fun when he's not in the same spot when trying to smack him (or avoid him).
- Both scoops kick perfectly to the center of their respective flippers.
- Autolauncher flings the ball at Mach 10. Need to look into toning that down a little bit. About 15% of the time it smacks the back wall and trickles down through the right orbit.
- Drop targets - just like every other GB I've played - hard direct shot straight at it rejects 80% of the time. Gotta plan the shot as a backhand...
- Magna slings...... freaking awesome. seriously work so well with the theme and are a hoot to play. different but good different for this theme.
- Installed a air ball protector right away - hardly any airballs. Strongly, strongly recommend one before anyone plays a game...
Everything else seems to be working as intended. Hopefully the playfield issues are finally resolved.

Awesome news! Except I thought the drops had new springs in and weren't supposed to be an issue anymore?

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Awesome news! Except I thought the drops had new springs in and weren't supposed to be an issue anymore?

I heard that rumor too... Mine act just like every other one I've played (even like my Megatron drop target on TFLE btw) - hard, direct shot and the target stands up and sends the ball flying back to the flipper. At first I thought it was a big deal on all the GB pros I played, but then I learned you gotta play them differently and be more strategic about it. If that ends up being my only issue I'll consider myself to be lucky.

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

- Slimer moves flawlessly. No rubbing or smacking into anything.

Interesting. I thought stern had said rubbing on the way back was as designed. I assume they just raised things using on the techniques suggested here, but I wonder which one. Arm bend? Extra washers? Shorter wire?

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I heard that rumor too... Mine act just like every other one I've played (even like my Megatron drop target on TFLE btw) - hard, direct shot and the target stands up and sends the ball flying back to the flipper. At first I thought it was a big deal on all the GB pros I played, but then I learned you gotta play them differently and be more strategic about it. If that ends up being my only issue I'll consider myself to be lucky.

If I could hit the stupid targets I could post up on how mine are

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

- Slimer moves flawlessly. No rubbing or smacking into anything. Anyone who says Slimer is more fun on the Pro is delusional and lying to themselves.

That would be RareHero!

Quoted from T-800:

Apparently, you can buy a spring for the auto launcher and a spring for the manual plunger that is less tense/powerful. I don't have the details, but they have been posted in other threads.

Quoted from T-800:

You can take a few rungs off the springs on the drops....and they will drop correctly.

Glad to hear Slimer doesn't drag!

#738 3 years ago

Grr fuck man, mine was sat in Auckland docks delivered yesterday. Stupid customs/MAF screening *grumble grumble*

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Grr fuck man, mine was sat in Auckland docks delivered yesterday. Stupid customs/MAF screening *grumble grumble*

So you got it delivered yesterday or still waiting?

Prob take another week for ours to get down here...

#740 3 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

So you got it delivered yesterday or still waiting?
Prob take another week for ours to get down here...

Na hasn't been delivered yet. Dunno if it's at the office or still at the docks. Was hoping today so me and Kerrycan dial it in and sort out issues, add protectors etc.

If not, dunno when we'll get round to it. I'm off shooting guns next weekend down Palmy

#741 3 years ago

I haven't set up mine yet but here's my info. 9/20 PF date. Preliminary inspection from what I could see, no issues.

IMG_0898 (resized).JPG

IMG_0896 (resized).JPG

IMG_0897 (resized).JPG

IMG_0895 (resized).JPG

IMG_0894 (resized).JPG

IMG_0899 (resized).JPG

#742 3 years ago

I just got a call from the shipping company telling me to be home from 8am to 6pm on Tuesday. Yes, I will be there!

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

The plot thickens, mine looks to be a Sept 8th playfield and I have no issues as of yet....only 62 games though.

Is that a wood flaw or nick across from your bubble?

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Is that a wood flaw or nick across from your bubble?

Optical illusion, it's the side of the rivet for the post that goes through the playfield to hold down the metal rail.

You're a long way from home Cap! I still have the goodies you sent me for TWD sounds. Hope you are safe and well.

#745 3 years ago

Where do you get an airball protector?

#746 3 years ago

Mine arrived today! Haven't had time yet to put in the extras I have for it or adjust the rails but should get done tonight. Did a Slimer test and sure enough, he doesn't touch anything. Inserts all look good.

box (resized).jpg

open box (resized).jpg

Tobin Insert (resized).jpg

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

There are a few, but Oldpinguy sells a nice one that works for sure. Not sure about the shipping timeframe since he's in FL and hopefully safe from Hurricane Matthew.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-air-ball-protector-now-available/page/3#post-3379861

#748 3 years ago

Does anyone know what Stern are doing to the latest delivered ones to get Slimer moving smoothly? Trimming the wire under him? Shortening the wire? Or just a minor bend to the arm?

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

There's a few places. I used this. It was ok but a little thick for one screw.

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix/

They don't work perfectly with the premium/le though. You can't screw down the middle nut. It needs to rest on top, or the ball can hit it from the ramp.

OLDPINGUY makes them on pinside as well.

#750 3 years ago

Just received the ready to ship email from my distro!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dallas, TX
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside