IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 37.
#651 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I would get the air ball protector, and one of the lane kits. I wold also either put mylar in the shooter lane, or order one of the cliffy shooter lane protectors...
I looked close at my machine last night and noticed the clear was cracking in the shooter lane...
Still no ghosting inserts, but now I'm starting to worry that will be coming next...

Can you tell me what lane kit we are talking about, and where I could get it? Is this to keep the ball from jumping the outlane rails? And I assume your game is a premium. Can I ask where you are located? and when you got your game? Just wondering if you might happen to be outside the US and your playfield may have been built with the LEs, before the issues were supposedly fixed? Thanks again.

#652 7 years ago

Sorry, looks like we responded at the same time. So I'm not sure on the dates when the issues were supposedly resolved.

#653 7 years ago

Wow, what's striking here is the variability. I have a July playfield, 350 plays and nothing. Seems there is no reliable way to tell if you are at risk. And with so many shooter lanes going it can't be just airballs. Weird.

#654 7 years ago

Boo, need a sad face to flag your post with (Jrockne). I haven't received a call about getting my GB Premium yet, so I'm probably a few weeks out. Now I'm on the fence again about whether to get it. I really don't have time to deal with a bad playfield...

So much for the problems being solved.

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Can you tell me what lane kit we are talking about, and where I could get it? Is this to keep the ball from jumping the outlane rails? And I assume your game is a premium. Can I ask where you are located? and when you got your game? Just wondering if you might happen to be outside the US and your playfield may have been built with the LEs, before the issues were supposedly fixed? Thanks again.

Cliffy has a 3 part kit for GB

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

email him to ask about the GB shooter lane kit
[email protected]

Great guy! Use his products on all my games

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbuters-extended-sling-protectors/

Little shop of games sells plastic protectors designed to prevent the ball from hopping over outlane rails. Pinball Life also sells them.

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Cliffy has a 3 part kit for GB
http://www.passionforpinball.com/
email him to ask about the GB shooter lane kit
[email protected]
Great guy! Use his products on all my games

Sorry, yes I do get Cliffys all the time. I confused lane kit with outlane guides to prevent the ball jumping. I will definitely pick up some shooter lane protectors.

#658 7 years ago

The lane isn't the end of the world. I've got mylar on it now, and I ordered one of the cliffy lane protector sets...
I would like to say, I still have not seen an ounce of ghosting on any of the playfield yet so that's good. Just hoping it stays that way now.
For anyone opening a new one now, I would put a strip of good quality mylar in this section of the shooter lane.

#659 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

The lane isn't the end of the world. I've got mylar on it now, and I ordered one of the cliffy lane protector sets...
I would like to say, I still have not seen an ounce of ghosting on any of the playfield yet so that's good. Just hoping it stays that way now.
For anyone opening a new one now, I would put a strip of good quality mylar in this section of the shooter lane.

Hey where's the guy running around saying "the problems are fixed". ?? None of my 20 year old WMS machines have wear like this and they DON'T have Cliffy's etc...

Sure you can lay down mylar... cover it in metal, etc but what does that say about the overall durability of their current CC process?

Scary.

#660 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

you don't need the lane kit. Knock the rails up 1/4" with a drill bit and a hammer. Takes like 3 min, and not only fixes the jump over, but reduces your outlane drains by 30%

#661 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Are you overseas by chance? Your play field was made Sep 8th I think? Seems earlier than the ones in the US.
From what I've seen, those have build dates around Sept 19th give or take.
Just trying to find the "best after date" for these issues.

#662 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Are you overseas by chance? Your play field was made Sep 8th I think? Seems earlier than the ones in the US.
From what I've seen, those have build dates around Sept 19th give or take.
Just trying to find the "best after date" for these issues.

Nope, Minnesota
I think I was in the very first batch of US premiums...

#663 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Nope, Minnesota
I think I was in the very first batch of US premiums...

Yikes. Yours was still made before the time I had heard that things were corrected, but only by about a week or two.
It's definitely the youngest play field with issues that I've seen.
Sorry to hear.

#664 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Here you go...
Playfield date 9/8
110 games...

So this would be the most recently produced playfield with issues I believe.

#665 7 years ago

back to people getting their machines - still no word for me. I feel like things have dried up a bit. It's October!

#666 7 years ago

I am being told I should have mine in next few weeks. My disti did already receive a few machines. Is anyone else hearing strange voices in their head stating that all play field issues are resolved?

#667 7 years ago

My distributor is only getting 4 machines in the first batch after they thought they were getting around 10 (I'm number 11), so it'll be a while before I can get one. I'm patiently waiting to see how the playfields do. If there are a lot more reports of issues on new playfields, I may just wait (after I just convinced myself last week to take the chance).

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

My distributor is only getting 4 machines in the first batch after they thought they were getting around 10 (I'm number 11), so it'll be a while before I can get one. I'm patiently waiting to see how the playfields do. If there are a lot more reports of issues on new playfields, I may just wait (after I just convinced myself last week to take the chance).

Who's is your Distributor?

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Who's is your Distributor?

I try to buy locally, FUN!. Luckily I personally know two of the people getting the machines so hopefully they have good experiences with them. They are guessing they will get some more premiums in a few weeks, but don't really know (Stern is obviously backordered).

#670 7 years ago

My disti says the same thing. They have no idea when they get them. They get notified by stern a couple days before they ship

#671 7 years ago

Has anyone installed or planning on installing a playfield protector on their machine? Any issues with installing or stuck balls? I just ordered one and I'm still at least 2-3 weeks away from getting my premium. Mine will be in my free play arcade so it's going to get played to death. Love playfield protectors and has saved my machines. Only issues are stuck balls.

#672 7 years ago

I'll be getting mine probably late this week. I will try to share any adjustments or issues as best I can.

#673 7 years ago

Here are some quick pictures of my Ghostbusters premium that was just powder coated by Matt from Back Alley Creations.

IMG_2796 (resized).jpgIMG_2796 (resized).jpg

IMG_2797 (resized).jpgIMG_2797 (resized).jpg

#674 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Here are some quick pictures of my Ghostbusters premium that was just powder coated by Matt from Back Alley Creations.

beautiful! very nice powder coating you got there. I think I am going PINK on my premium when I get it. (only because my met is already purple.) but love the purple, the sparkle and the cutouts!!

#675 7 years ago

Just dropped off!

IMG_2765 (resized).JPGIMG_2765 (resized).JPG

#676 7 years ago

Jrockne sorry to see that and appreciate the post. I Think it's fair to say that playfield a are
NOT fixed. Now dreading when this inevitably happens to my table.

#677 7 years ago

so jealous - that's awesome!

good thing i picked up a RR WOZ - otherwise this wait would seem even worse.

#678 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Jrockne sorry to see that and appreciate the post. I Think it's fair to say that playfield a are

Thanks, I'm documenting the progression... On a positive note, I have yet to see any of the ghosting inserts others have posted. I've got the lane covered in Mylar now, and I'll watch to see if it gets any worse. Otherwise as long as the inserts don't start to ghost, it's not the end of the world. I'll continue to play the hell out of it, it's still an awesome game!

For others still waiting for their games. Be proactive, and Mylar or cliffy the lane if you are worried.

I'll update if anything else changes.

#679 7 years ago

Checked thoroughly. No issues, 51 plays. Slimmer did drag his big ass all over everything. I scooted him up on the shaft, then moved the city to the right 1/16 inch. Works great! Next mod is a better player.

#680 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I try to buy locally, FUN!. Luckily I personally know two of the people getting the machines so hopefully they have good experiences with them. They are guessing they will get some more premiums in a few weeks, but don't really know (Stern is obviously backordered).

I'm curious. I wanted to buy local, so i called and the lady that answered quoted me full retail for a premium. When I let her know I had been quoted prices lower than full retail from other distributors she told me that was illegal. i've bought new in box before so I thanked her for her time and that was it. Did you pay full retail for your game?

#681 7 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

I'm curious. I wanted to buy local, so i called and the lady that answered quoted me full retail for a premium. When I let her know I had been quoted prices lower than full retail from other distributors she told me that was illegal. i've bought new in box before so I thanked her for her time and that was it. Did you pay full retail for your game?

Hell to the NO.

#682 7 years ago

There is a minimum price that distributors are supposed to sell at but it's not full msrp.

#683 7 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

Illegal??? LMAO

#684 7 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

Did you pay full retail for your game?

No it wasn't full msrp.

#685 7 years ago

Getting mine tomorrow!

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Wow, I really like the purple. Where did he or you get the back box hinges with the Ghostbusters logo cut into it? Looks awesome e?

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I know they are fixed. It could be leftovers from before. I have one of the first of the new playfields and I dont' have a speck of ghosting.

#688 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I know they are fixed. It could be leftovers from before. I have one of the first of the new playfields and I dont' have a speck of ghosting.

I know you guys are saying the issue is not fixed, we have seen one or two domestic premiums with shooter lane kick out issues. That's not the "issue" are there any domestic premiums that have shown ghosting?
Thanks.

#689 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Edit

Nevermind. You've already answered my question.

#690 7 years ago

*refreshes email*

Damn!

*refreshes again*

Damn! Damn!

#691 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Wow, I really like the purple. Where did he or you get the back box hinges with the Ghostbusters logo cut into it? Looks awesome e?

I ordered it from from Pinball Metal. You have to email him regarding that specific item.

#692 7 years ago

My friend and I are going through Tilt. He was a few spots ahead of me, and just got word his is about to ship!

Now, I'm really excited!

#693 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

My friend and I are going through Tilt. He was a few spots ahead of me, and just got word his is about to ship!
Now, I'm really excited!

Do you know what your number was in the queue? I'm getting mine thru Tilt add well.

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Do you know what your number was in the queue? I'm getting mine thru Tilt add well.

He was 20, I am 30.

At least as of a few weeks ago.

#695 7 years ago

5 More Leaving today! Going to start emailing Customers!

JJ

#696 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

5 More Leaving today! Going to start emailing Customers!
JJ

Sweet! I'm sure I'm still way down the list but stoked for the day the email comes.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Sweet! I'm sure I'm still way down the list but stoked for the day the email comes.

Getting Closer!

#698 7 years ago

Nice JJ. Can't wait man!

#699 7 years ago

Got the email from Trent at Tilt today. Can't wait. Now I need to get the basement set up and ready!

#700 7 years ago

IMG_3556 (resized).JPGIMG_3556 (resized).JPG

IMG_0890 (resized).JPGIMG_0890 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.