IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 37.
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok so GB Premium arrived in Nebraska. mine came in at noon today and I went and got it. Here is the pictures. Got everything added before a single ball was played. I also took a few pictures of the playfield and dates in mine. So here you go. Playfield looks great.
Seem like a fairly new machine.
Magicchiz

looks great and the newest machine from a play field point of view. We will be following your updates with interest to see if the new play fields are solved of the build quality issues as some are saying.

#602 7 years ago

Any playfields stamped after Sept 21seeing issues? Air balls are still rampant and that accelerates playfield issues. Why hasn't Stern added a protector yet?

#603 7 years ago

300 plays on my week-old machine (older playfield from July) now and no insert issues. No airballs though, due to nuclear bunker protection.

#604 7 years ago

Just picked mine up yesterday, so far this game is not pulling me in like game of thrones did when I brought it home. It looks nice but the rules need a lot of tweaking. The flipper gap isn't really all that noticeable but drains to the outlanes are ridiculous. I find I score a lot more when I focus on multiball and disregard the modes. Magna slings are hit or miss. They are cool but I have them straight ruin a good ball and completely change trajectory and go sdtm. I'll put a lot of games on the next week. Hopefully my feelings change. Theres a lot I need to learn though.

#605 7 years ago

So I am going to post this here and also the Premium forum.

I noticed someone else said something about their Premium GB having the LE stickers on the apron. So I checked and sure enough My apron has the stickers surrounded by slime on my premium I just got. Very interested. Here are a snapshot of the aprons from the flyers.
Magicchiz

Le GB Flyer (resized).JPGLe GB Flyer (resized).JPG

premium GB flyer (resized).JPGpremium GB flyer (resized).JPG

#606 7 years ago

Alright folks Sunday morning check up.
Does any body have any ghosting of these premium playfields , how about shooter lanes and troughs ????
You guys have problably put 200 gmes on them by now. Let us know, please.

#607 7 years ago

No playfield problems. Have the slimed apron decals. Playfield date 25th August.

#608 7 years ago

October should be a busy month for domestic Premiums and deliveries. I know I'll be anxiously checking emails and/or hoping that "Ohio Number" shows up on my caller ID. I'd like to install these Ghostbusters mods I have that are spread out all over the place as well.

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

No playfield problems. Have the slimed apron decals. Playfield date 25th August.

Thank you ,
Anyone else want to chime in...
That call is going to come soon and I honestly don't know what my answer will be .

#610 7 years ago

Ok here is what I found. Even with the air ball plastic. Still a lot of air balls. I do think they are coming from the blue foam pieces. Also the ghost target. The air ball plastic with the Ecto 1 is a little flimsy. Lots of movement with ball flying around. Could be weight of the hot wheel. Had a few ramp shots fly off and come flying back, not rolling back, flying back. I had to adjust and tighten the ramp adjustment on the ramp to subway. otherwise the ball would just roll in there and it would take a ball search to get it out. during the time it kept doing the ball search, we had it reboot on us a few times. Not sure if it was a bug or a safety on the 5volt, due to ball searches? after we fixed the ramp alignment we didn't have any weird re-booting. Will keep playing and report back. I believe I seen another post that said they had some bug or re-booting also. Glad I replaced the clear PKE with the Mirror, so much better. Overall fun game. I love the unpredictability of the magna slings. My really good player friends hate them. (I think that is why I love them). No ghosting and I did install Mylar in all the right places. Very interested to see what the story is on the LE apron stickers vs the premium stickers shown on the flyers.
Magicchiz

#611 7 years ago

Got the call on Saturday that even though mine left the factory, the container was only half full so they had to wait to fill it. Should get a round about delivery date in the next couple days. All good though. Extra curing time (that's what I'm telling myself lol)

#612 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thank you ,

Got my premium last week. It has the slimer apron, no ghosting, no chipping. We've been playing the heck out of it.
I should also add, I've had a shaker motor in it from the start. I installed an air ball deflector, but still need to get a lane guide plastic kit... The ball still hops over the guide and drains with certain shots.

I'm still waiting to hear from others if they are having problems with the ball getting stuck bouncing around the left upper pop and the Gozer rings, and if they have figured out a solution. That's probably the most frustrating thing for me right now. I've got to shake the machine to break it free sometimes, otherwise I don't know how long it would get stuck there...
(Green triangle in photo)
Ghost pop bumpers (resized).pngGhost pop bumpers (resized).png

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thank you ,
That call is going to come soon and I honestly don't know what my answer will be .

Mine is a Sept 20 build, the playfield has no date stamped anywhere though. No issues so far but I only have 20 games logged on it.
I've added Art's airball deflector and all the shooter lane protectors as well. Really loving the game, last night I was playing and "Midnight Madness" started and my wife and I were in awe! What a crazy fun thing to happen!

#614 7 years ago

It's the first Stern that I know of to have a Midnight Madness. I've had Junk Yard which has a fun Midnight Madness and I've played Ghostbusters Pro and LE on location but not ever close to midnight. I can't wait until you Premium arrives. Distributor says maybe this week. I'm thinking it will be next week when I'm gone to Expo with my luck!

#615 7 years ago

It will be worth the wait. I know i'm in the "honeymoon phase" but this game is just amazing. The speed, flow, and light show are stunning. I encourage folks to cheat the date/time settings so you can experience midnight madness

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

It will be worth the wait. I know i'm in the "honeymoon phase" but this game is just amazing. The speed, flow, and light show are stunning. I encourage folks to cheat the date/time settings so you can experience midnight madness

How do you get midnight madness?

#617 7 years ago

It's the first Stern that I know of to have a Midnight Madness. I've had Junk Yard which has a fun Midnight Madness and I've played Ghostbusters Pro and LE on location but not ever close to midnight. I can't wait until you Premium arrives. Distributor says maybe this week. I'm thinking it will be next week when I'm gone to Expo with my luck!

Quoted from Concretehardt:How do you get midnight madness?

Play at Midnight. Or open up coin door and change time to 11:59pm and play a game

#618 7 years ago

Live Premium pinball stream tonight. 9:00 P.M. CST
www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

Join in the fun and ask any questions you may have live.
One of the players will be Preston Moncla. 2015 Texas state champion and this years Pinburgh B division first place winner.

Game has build date of Sept 19th.
No playfield date stamp.
All inserts still perfect and drop targets working really well. Almost no rejections.
So far we have added a Shaker motor, color captive balls, Stern Side art, speaker grill lights and cut out, and an airball protector plastic.

IMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPG

IMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPG

IMG_2826 (resized).JPGIMG_2826 (resized).JPG

#619 7 years ago

Hopefully I can call Stern and get some "Pro" apron decals. The LE ones don't match the astetchics of the Premium model.

#620 7 years ago

Let us know about the apron decals for Premium. I agree with you the green slime decals do nothing for me also.
Magicchiz

#621 7 years ago

Put a green apron around them

IMG20160921142155 (resized).jpgIMG20160921142155 (resized).jpg

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Got my premium last week. It has the slimer apron, no ghosting, no chipping. We've been playing the heck out of it.
I should also add, I've had a shaker motor in it from the start. I installed an air ball deflector, but still need to get a lane guide plastic kit... The ball still hops over the guide and drains with certain shots.
I'm still waiting to hear from others if they are having problems with the ball getting stuck bouncing around the left upper pop and the Gozer rings, and if they have figured out a solution. That's probably the most frustrating thing for me right now. I've got to shake the machine to break it free sometimes, otherwise I don't know how long it would get stuck there...

I have a video of the one at Flippers getting stuck for like 5 minutes.

#623 7 years ago

After two full days at home, I'm starting to get used to how the game plays. I skip the skill shot and try to start the modes. I installed the air ball protector from little shop of games and lane protectors. The lane protectors work as advertised. The airball protector works some times. Is it literally supposed to touch the ball? I've noticed on a few weak shots that it was touching on the way back down the ramp. My big issue is with the right and left outer most lanes. There is a big rubber ring on the inside post and it seems that every time that it hits that it just rolls to the outlanes. I can move the adjustable posts all the way down but it almost feels like the outside wire form needs a ring on it to maybe make the balls bounce a bit so you can do some nudging. Anybody else feel the outlanes are brutal on this game. Hopefully you can understand my terminology. Not sure if it the right words that I'm using.

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Anybody else feel the outlanes are brutal on this game. Hopefully you can understand my terminology. Not sure if it the right words that I'm using.

I think the word you're looking for is "beyond brutal". : )
Even if the outlines are fully closed, and there's barely enough room for a pinball to squeeze through, it finds a way.
I swear there are magnets under the playfield.

#625 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I've read about one other on here that had that same issue, but I don't recall a resolution for the issue. The ball spends an incredible amount of time in the pops on this game, I grow impatient at times waiting for it to come down so I can make the next shot. I've not had any issues where its in a long term or near permanent hold pattern though.

#626 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Same date as my LE playfield, my LE was built 27 June
Let us know if it starts ghosting

It's started!
And cracking clear.

After 130 games.

IMG_2235.JPGIMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2240.JPGIMG_2240.JPG

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from Lordanubis:

It's started!
And cracking clear.
After 130 games.

mine is the same build date as this, I have slight ghosting on extra ball, and the cracking at the shooter lane that i'm keeping an eye on. yours looks a bit worse than mine, ridiculous hey.

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

mine is the same build date as this, I have slight ghosting on extra ball, and the cracking at the shooter lane that i'm keeping an eye on. yours looks a bit worse than mine, ridiculous hey.

Yep, I've parked mine up until I get some protection for the shooter lane.

#629 7 years ago
Quoted from Lordanubis:

They should give you a new PF so why bother with protection?

#630 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

They should give you a new PF so why bother with protection?

Mine's the premium with John's signature, I doubt he'll re-sign the new one!

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Got the call on Saturday that even though mine left the factory, the container was only half full so they had to wait to fill it. Should get a round about delivery date in the next couple days. All good though. Extra curing time (that's what I'm telling myself lol)

Just heard from Gary, machines will be at their Auckland office this Thursday

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from Lordanubis:

What would you get? Jesus that's ridiculous.

#633 7 years ago

Will they send a populated play field as a replacement?

#634 7 years ago

The Premiums shipped to Australia were made and shipped months ago, right? The playfields sure sound like they were just continuations and extras of the LE playfield run. It shouldn't really be a surprise then if those games have the same issues as the LEs, right?

#635 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

The Premiums shipped to Australia were made and shipped months ago, right? The playfields sure sound like they were just continuations and extras of the LE playfield run. It shouldn't really be a surprise then if those games have the same issues as the LEs, right?

I believe Premium playfields that went overseas were stamped June or July. The more recent batch of playfields being used for domestic Premiums are stamped September and have yet to show any issues.

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Quoted from stpcore:

I believe Premium playfields that went overseas were stamped June or July. The more recent batch of playfields being used for domestic Premiums are stamped September and have yet to show any issues.

correct.

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Alright folks Sunday morning check up.
Does any body have any ghosting of these premium playfields , how about shooter lanes and troughs ????
You guys have problably put 200 gmes on them by now. Let us know, please.

Yep on the add a ball and the corner of the extra ball this was after 70 games

#639 7 years ago

no ghosting here anywhere. Over 200 games in. No wear on the shooter lane either.

#640 7 years ago

No ghosting or shooter lane issues. I have had issues with the left ramp registering on quick shots up the ramp. I adjusted the switch and it seems to be fixed.

#641 7 years ago

Couple questions that I know have been asked and I cannot seem to find them in the search. Waiting on my premium and want to get everything ready for when I get the call. I found the air ball protector on Little shop of games. Is that the one everyone is using? Are there any other suggestions? I do want to keep the game playing stock at this time so I didn't want to order the whole upgrade kit with the center post and everything, but are there any other protectors or guards I should be ordering? Thanks in advance.

#642 7 years ago

I would get the air ball protector, and one of the lane kits. I wold also either put mylar in the shooter lane, or order one of the cliffy shooter lane protectors...
I looked close at my machine last night and noticed the clear was cracking in the shooter lane...
Still no ghosting inserts, but now I'm starting to worry that will be coming next...

#643 7 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Yep on the add a ball and the corner of the extra ball this was after 70 games

That sucks

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no ghosting here anywhere. Over 200 games in. No wear on the shooter lane either.

Quoted from Wulftown:

No ghosting or shooter lane issues. I have had issues with the left ramp registering on quick shots up the ramp. I adjusted the switch and it seems to be fixed.

Good to hear
What are your guys playfield date ?

#644 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I would get the air ball protector, and one of the lane kits. I wold also either put mylar in the shooter lane, or order one of the cliffy shooter lane protectors...
I looked close at my machine last night and noticed the clear was cracking in the shooter lane...
Still no ghosting inserts, but now I'm starting to worry that will be coming next...

What's the playfield date ?

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

What's the playfield date ?

I'll check and post info once I get home tonight.

#646 7 years ago

I don't know the date, tried looking for a stamp, but there isn't one on the edge of the field.

#647 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know the date, tried looking for a stamp, but there isn't one on the edge of the field.

under the apron? underside of the playfield?

#648 7 years ago

sometimes its hand written in some sort of three year's old scrawl.

The premiums shipped to UK were all Aug 25th...

#649 7 years ago

Thanks everyone.
Keep the dates and issues or not coming

#650 7 years ago

Here you go...
Playfield date 9/8
110 games...

IMG_2680 (resized).JPGIMG_2680 (resized).JPG
IMG_2681 (resized).JPGIMG_2681 (resized).JPG
IMG_2679 (resized).JPGIMG_2679 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.