Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 37.
#551 3 years ago

Stupid question as I have called many but if anyone hears of any premiums available I sure do want one. Also I too would like to get the airball protector ahead of time if anyone is making them...

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

No I designed and made this myself. May be available from Pinball Heaven soon.

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I wasn't implying they were they same protectors. I was just showing him an option.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info!

epotech, if you do end up making some more of those, I would be interested in getting one from you. Nicely designed!

#553 3 years ago

I've made my own from this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-ghostbusters-speculation-thread/page/330#post-3292934

Haven't tried it out yet as I don't have a GB yet, but the design looks good and hopefully my mediocre skills didn't mess it up too bad. Was going to order OldPinGuy's, but thanks to the extra shipping and the wonders of the CDN dollar it would be $40.00 CDN

#554 3 years ago

Work priorities! Got to work and immediately began fabricating my air ball protector. Here's my attempt so far. I'll post a picture tonight installed on theta me.

image (resized).jpeg

#555 3 years ago

You can buy perfect made airball protectors for 20 bucks. looks great i got mine https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/38920

#556 3 years ago

18 bucks and slimer does not hit itpasted_image (resized).png...save yourself the time

#557 3 years ago

Just got an e-mail from JJ. The eagle will be landing next week. My old ass hasn't been this excited about something in a long time.

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

You can buy perfect made airball protectors for 20 bucks. looks great i got mine

Not going to risk the time it would take to get one, especially since it was so easy to make. But to those who don't have their games yet... Order one now, and put it on asap.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Not going to risk the time it would take to get one, especially since it was so easy to make. But to those who don't have their games yet... Order one now, and put it on asap.

I have one sitting in my basement ready for the game. No reason to risk it.

#560 3 years ago

Mine just arrived an hour ago!!!
Can't unbox and play until 9:30 CST though
This will be our live stream game on our Twitch channel this Sunday night at 9:00
It is www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
Tune in and check it out.
I will post unboxing photos here later tonight.

IMG_2809 (resized).JPG

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Mine just arrived an hour ago!!!
Can't unbox and play until 9:30 CST though
This will be our live stream game on our Twitch channel this Sunday night at 9:00
It is http://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
Tune in and check it out.
I will post unboxing photos here later tonight.

Congrats!

#562 3 years ago

Thanks.
I will check the playfield manufacture date and post it as well.
Very excited to open it up.

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks.
I will check the playfield manufacture date and post it as well.
Very excited to open it up.

Awesome news Leon! Can't wait to play it next weekend.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

You can buy perfect made airball protectors for 20 bucks. looks great i got mine https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/38920

I'm just not a fan of the shape of this one.

#565 3 years ago

Made it to the house.
Almost ready to unpack.

IMG_2811 (resized).JPG

#566 3 years ago

Well I think the shape is to cover 2 areas where the ball can get airborne and it's not very wide which was what I liked about it. The pics with it on the machine looks way better than some of the home made efforts I have seen IMO. But everyone has different tastes.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm just not a fan of the shape of this one.

There was another one I saw but I can't find the link, it was a different shape

#568 3 years ago

Getting mine tomorrow!

#569 3 years ago

This is the one I made from the design of a fellow pinsider , it looks great and covers three targets

IMG_9855 (resized).JPG

#570 3 years ago

I have one of he templates. But if anyone has templates for these other ones. I kinda like the idea of mounting it on the left also. Not paying for one when I have all the tools and a 4 by 8 sheet of polycarbonate.

#571 3 years ago

Cause the 18 bucks on top of the 7k for the machine is just too much to bare lol. I agree i wish i was that handy but I would probably injure myself!!

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Made it to the house.
Almost ready to unpack.

Still unpacking 2 hours later?

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Still unpacking 2 hours later?

Nope.
Had friends over and played so many 4 player games that I did not have time to take a lot of photos or post anything.
We just quit for the night.
Overall first impressions.
The game is a ton of fun and everyone loved it.
Like everyone has said the airball protector is a must. We put it on before we ever started our first game and it did it's job pretty well.
Still had a few airballs, but it would have been chaos without it.
My playfield has no date stamp on it but had a hand written 9.8, which I guess may mean September 8th.
Slimer drags his ass on everything but the playfield. He drags very hard on the captive ball area and the plastic over the three captive balls. But he does register hits well.
The Ecto Goggles are perfect.
The Magna slings are a blast and get more active the more ghost you catch.
Flipper gap is not an issue for us and the outlanes are not giant hogs so far.
The drop targets are working great as well. Much better then our pro model at work.

Now to the really bad part that we could not get to work to save our lives.
The subway shot is horrible. The ball never comes back up for us and really ruins the flow of the game because it takes so long for the ball to settle into the under subway exit. it just rocks back and forth forever.
Really cuts into your score on "Loopin Supers" mode.
We probably played at least 10 four player games, so about 40 games or more and the ball made it out of the subway maybe 5 times.
Made sure the table was level. Tried raising and lowering the front and back legs, but nothing helped.

But assuming we can get the subway working the game is an overall winner.
Will probably take awhile to figure this one out.

IMG_2812 (resized).JPG
IMG_2813 (resized).JPG
IMG_2815 (resized).JPG

#574 3 years ago

This little blue fella is the last major source of airballs and I'm now pretty sure this is the one that smashed my ecto screen. Should be easy to fix.

IMG20160930214826 (resized).jpg

#575 3 years ago

The game looks great Leon! Such a beautiful machine! Cannot wait to get mine!

The collection looks amazing as well! Would love to come over and check it out sometime!

#576 3 years ago

Do you guys think Stern will eventually start putting air ball deflectors on these machines from the factory? I would be much more likely to buy one if they would address the air ball issues and slimer dragging his butt all over everything and stuff. I don't see how they can just ignore design flaws like this or why they would even want to. Ghostbusters could be their biggest game ever if they would just get the issues resolved. It makes no sensenat all.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This little blue fella is the last major source of airballs and I'm now pretty sure this is the one that smashed my ecto screen. Should be easy to fix.

Would the shape of the one i purchased block that area too? See how the small left side is curved, i hope it covers that.

pasted_image (resized).png

#578 3 years ago

thats the first time i heard the subway was a issue, perhaps i missed it somewhere else. Please let us know how that turns out.

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Nope.
Had friends over and played so many 4 player games that I did not have time to take a lot of photos or post anything.

Bummer. I was looking forward to the live stream you had mentioned. May try that again one day?

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Bummer. I was looking forward to the live stream you had mentioned. May try that again one day?

Live stream is Sunday night at 9:00PM
My friend said someone posted a fix for the subway in the GB issues thread.
Says there are adjustment screws on the underside of the ramp?
Off the that thread to read it now.

Edit... Mitch1985 says to lift the playfield and look where the metal ramp meets the plastic ramp.
There is a screw we can loosen on the metal ramp to adjust it left and right.
Can't try till after work, but hoping it will fix my problem.
It did for him.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Would the shape of the one i purchased block that area too? See how the small left side is curved, i hope it covers that.

If that lower hole on the left is meant for the post just behind the flasher dome, then I don't think it's going to be far enough forward. Needs to come right down and stick out over the blue nub.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

thats the first time i heard the subway was a issue, perhaps i missed it somewhere else. Please let us know how that turns out.

From another thread..

IMG_4134 (resized).PNG

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

From another thread..

Thanks.
And yes that is the post I was referring to.

#584 3 years ago

Just took delivery on mine
Inserts look good, hope they stay that way.
It really is a beautiful game. Gotta install my protectors and shaker motor before moving inside and firing it up.

IMG_4521 (resized).JPG
IMG_4522 (resized).JPG
IMG_4523 (resized).JPG
IMG_4525 (resized).JPG
IMG_4528 (resized).JPG
IMG_4529 (resized).JPG
IMG_4530 (resized).JPG

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Interesting. Your Premium has LE decals on the apron.

I think the only place I haven't seen those decals with the slime on a Premium is the flyer. I know the now handful of Premium machines I've seen all have had them.

Brad

#586 3 years ago

?
I know I asked before but I would like an update "todo list" for my premium first NIB.
Wax playfeild?
Install airball protector.
Are scolariy brothers springs still needed?
Are people still installing shooter lane protector? Which one?

I ask because I still have time to get things ordered to I can install before playing.
Thanks

#587 3 years ago

Can some of you comment on the right crossover ramp.
I know it may need some adjustments but how is it ? Is it cool, fun, way better than the right ramp on the pro, what ?
When I started playing the pro I hated the right ramp and that was a big reason to order the premium. Now that I have some experience and alot of time on the pro the right ramp isn't soooo bad . So I am very interested in finding out others opinion.

#588 3 years ago

Fortytwo. The airball protector is a must. The scoleri bros have been fixed.

Golfingdad1. The right ramp is much harder on the Premium. Just because the curve is so tight.
I know people have made adjustments to make it smoother but I have not had time yet.

#589 3 years ago

My right ramp wasn't great at first but eventually broke in I guess. Works great now.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can some of you comment on the right crossover ramp.
I know it may need some adjustments but how is it ? Is it cool, fun, way better than the right ramp on the pro, what ?
When I started playing the pro I hated the right ramp and that was a big reason to order the premium. Now that I have some experience and alot of time on the pro the right ramp isn't soooo bad . So I am very interested in finding out others opinion.

I used to hate the right ramp on the Pro until I played one that shoots super clean. Now it's my favorite shot in the game! Maybe it makes a difference if it's early run vs. late? The early run had tons of rejects and the ball would rattle it's way up on a seemingly clean shot and never clear more than a couple rollovers. The more recent run Pro that I play shoots clean everytime and almost always goes all the way up to the one way gate.

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I used to hate the right ramp on the Pro until I played one that shoots super clean. Now it's my favorite shot in the game! Maybe it makes a difference if it's early run vs. late? The early run had tons of rejects and the ball would rattle it's way up on a seemingly clean shot and never clear more than a couple rollovers. The more recent run Pro that I play shoots clean everytime and almost always goes all the way up to the one way gate.

Good to know , so you haven't played a premium to compare

Quoted from Mitch:

My right ramp wasn't great at first but eventually broke in I guess. Works great now.

Is this on a premium?

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Good to know , so you haven't played a premium to compare

I still haven't played a Premium but hope to soon to compare. Having a right ramp that shoots smooth on the Pro really takes its biggest weakness and turns it into a strength.

#593 3 years ago

Here it is mounted on the playfield, I have ended up having to shave some off the left side for slimer clearance, and notched the ramp area out. But I'm happy with the final outcome.

Next, install LED's in the ecto-1...

IMG_2660 (resized).JPG

IMG_2661 (resized).JPG

IMG_2662 (resized).JPG

IMG_2663 (resized).JPG

IMG_2664 (resized).JPG

#594 3 years ago

Anyone come up with any tricks for stopping the ball from spending annoyingly long periods bouncing around the Gozer insert and the top left pop bumper?

#595 3 years ago

Fixed my Slimer dragging on everything by lifting up on the top wire a bit. Then bent the top rod that connects to him ever so slightly upwards. He is now smooth as glass.
Also adjusted the subway ramp with the set screw in the underside. Still not 100% but so much better.
Also got the shaker motor installed.
Tomorrow I will get the side panel art and speaker grill lights and inserts installed.

#596 3 years ago

Ok so GB Premium arrived in Nebraska. mine came in at noon today and I went and got it. Here is the pictures. Got everything added before a single ball was played. I also took a few pictures of the playfield and dates in mine. So here you go. Playfield looks great.
Seem like a fairly new machine.
Magicchiz

20160930_154414 (resized).jpg

20160930_182601 (resized).jpg

20160930_182608 (resized).jpg

20160930_182624 (resized).jpg

20160930_182630 (resized).jpg

20161001_010943 (resized).jpg

#597 3 years ago

Brand new premium at york show today with sept 20 build date.. playfield was taking a beating from all the airballs. Seems no matter where you shoot the ball just goes airborn. I can tell the game really will need to be dialed in to get it to play correctly. Overall game is pretty fun and mag slings do some neat tricks. Cancelled my premium order for now bc its just not worth the asking price at the moment with so many new unvales coming in the next few weeks but may buy one later down the road .

#598 3 years ago

It needs the air ball plastic. I put one on seem better. Only a few wild balls.
Magicchiz

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

It needs the air ball plastic. I put one on seem better. Only a few wild balls.
Magicchiz

Definitely wld help but everyone was getting airballs off alot more than the targets by left ramp.

#600 3 years ago

Of those of you that have received your Premium, did any of you order through Cointaker?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 12.99
There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside