IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 37.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you drain or time out, you have to go through that entire process to start the same mode again

Just for clarity, you'd don't need to replay the mode through, you just start where you left off. So if you ended with 1 shot, you only have to complete the shot on the next go. Could be worse. got to Gozor the gozarian fairly easily. Nearly at Stay Puft!

#452 7 years ago

so I'm trying to decide if I should put on the GB kit from pinball life (specifically the green lanes). They look really good but the premium seems less green than the LE. I'm def putting in a the green DMD (think it's a must as the red seems off) so maybe I'll continue with the green lanes. Thoughts?

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so maybe I'll continue with the green lanes. Thoughts?

Quoted from delt31:

premium seems less green than the LE

Add more green?

IMG20160921142155 (resized).jpgIMG20160921142155 (resized).jpg

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There has been tons of code talk.
It's deep-ish in the sense that it has a lot of content and things to keep you busy - unfortunately as it stands the code makes it very punishing, repetitive and difficult to advance through the modes, as you have to spell GHOST to start Slimer, then defeat Slimer to light a mode, then hit the shot to start a mode - then complete complete the mode to advance to the next. If you drain or time out, you have to go through that entire process to start the same mode again, rather than advancing to the next like all other games. Due to this mode logic, I find the game to be repetitive and not very fun, and have put my Premium order on hold until it's resolved with an update.

Zero chance, but they might change it to be less punishing/repetitive. Example - an option allowing the mode to continue into the next ball if drained, or an option disabling completion requirements.

Is there a setting in the menu to carry over progress from one ball to the next?

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is there a setting in the menu to carry over progress from one ball to the next?

Not sure, but then you're not playing the game as designed, and pinside will pounce!

#456 7 years ago

I prefer the way it is currently because it doesn't trap you within a mode (and ladder) and gives you the freedom to make more decisions when you are plunging the ball. It would really feel redundant if you got stuck in a single mode for the entire game. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to make it a menu option?

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I prefer the way it is currently because it doesn't trap you within a mode (and ladder) and gives you the freedom to make more decisions when you are plunging the ball. It would really feel redundant if you got stuck in a single mode for the entire game. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to make it a menu option?

Not sure I follow. The way it is now you're currently stuck in one mode for most of the game. The modes are still timed. Having it continue after a drain would continue your timer. And it would be nice if it timed out, you're done with it and on to the next.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure I follow. The way it is now you're currently stuck in one mode for most of the game. The modes are still timed. Having it continue after a drain would continue your timer. And it would be nice if it timed out, you're done with it and on to the next.

What he means is once the ball drains, you can start ANY one of the 3 mode stacks with the next ball (via slimer or proper skillshot). If you start the same one, then yes, you still need to finish it before advancing to the next. You'll have a new timer and your progress is saved from the last time you played the mode.

#459 7 years ago

Nope

Quoted from MikeS:

it doesn't trap you within a mode (and ladder) and gives you the freedom to make more decisions when you are plunging the ball. It would really feel redundant if you got stuck in a single mode for the entire game

The modes time out, no? Or they could simply call it a failed attempt. I don't think they need to trap us in the mode to allow us to move on.

They could just auto-progress through the ladder and be noted as started but not completed, and, like SOS on Tron for example, allow you to play one of the wizard modes if not all previous are completed, then run you through the unfinished ones again, with the big wizard only available if they are all complete.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I actually think the base of the code is pretty good as is. The biggest changes I would make would be to eliminate the 10% (or more) of total score skill-shot and also balancing out the scoring more. I'd try to make SFMB more lucrative and disable the Scoleri targets whenever Loopin' Supers or PKE Frenzy is active. It's too bad they can't move the playfield multipliers target to the center captive ball and have it be both qualified and activated there to give that target more of a reason to exist.-Similar to how the "Ram" shot is on GOT or the bell on ACDC. but since the inserts are pre-labeled that likely isn't possible now. They also need to do more with the gear awards but I'm sure that will come with time.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm trying to decide if I should put on the GB kit from pinball life (specifically the green lanes). They look really good but the premium seems less green than the LE. I'm def putting in a the green DMD (think it's a must as the red seems off) so maybe I'll continue with the green lanes. Thoughts?

I'm adding more blue and purple

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

They could just auto-progress through the ladder and be noted as started but not completed, and, like SOS on Tron for example, allow you to play one of the wizard modes if not all previous are completed, then run you through the unfinished ones again, with the big wizard only available if they are all complete.

Exactly, that would be brilliant! A wizard reward or something to reward the skill
of completion, but don't punish the player with repetition for not completing.

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Nope

The modes time out, no? Or they could simply call it a failed attempt. I don't think they need to trap us in the mode to allow us to move on.

The modes do time out but if you start out each ball with a fresh timer on the last mode you were on it gives you less flexibility. I really don't think it's that hard to start a mode off the skill-shot. You can short plunge as many times as you want until you get a good trap and a clean shot at whichever ladder you are going for. There's been numerous times where I've started a mode in a non-preferred ladder and it would suck to have to be forced to either play that ladder or time it out at the beginning of the next ball.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly, that would be brilliant! A wizard reward or something to reward the skill
of completion, but don't punish the player with repetition for not completing.

I don't think the mode ladders are long enough to support this. if you only had to start the modes you'd reach "WCWSWKIA" nearly every game as mode ladders are only 2-4 levels deep.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think the mode ladders are long enough to support this. if you only had to start the modes you'd reach "WCWSWKIA" nearly every game as mode ladders are only 2-4 levels deep.

Yeah I don't think this could even happen the way it's structured.

I made it to Gozer several times but Marshmallow man only once. It was awesome, but in 300+ games, only seeing one wizard mode once gets pretty frustrating.

#466 7 years ago

Anyone in the US due to receive their Premium this week?

#467 7 years ago

Waiting to hear from the freight company. My premium should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Waiting to hear from the freight company. My premium should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Are you in USA/Canada or overseas?

#469 7 years ago

Hoping to get a call here soon. I was told by my distributor that I'm #20 in the queue. I have no idea how long it will take to fill 20 orders though.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Are you in USA/Canada or overseas

Twin cities, Minnesota.

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

But what if you didn't get that unless you completed modes? Sort of like how you don't get elf gifts in LOTR unless you complete modes. LOTR doesn't force you to play the same mode over and over until you complete. That's what I'm advocating. Prize for completion (wizard access, multipliers, etc), move on with the story if you don't. Or, an option in the settings for completion/no completion. Just SOMETHING - as it stands it's just too unbalanced in terms of design/content. I'm not the only one who doesn't think the current rules are fun - there are plenty of posts from others about it - although I'm the one singled out for the opinion. There's a reason the 100's of mode based pins in existence don't make you repeat modes until you "cycle" back around. You want the player to feel like they're advancing and seeing new content, animation, and humor. Currently that's locked out from anyone except the best of players, and even they can barely advance.

#472 7 years ago

Wednesday, between 8am-5pm!!!

#473 7 years ago

I posted this in another GB thread but an Aussie distro unboxed a premium for a customer and had JT signature. Not sure if it's an old LE playfield or just a mistake

Who knows

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Yes...3 of them today in MN

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Hoping to get a call here soon. I was told by my distributor that I'm #20 in the queue. I have no idea how long it will take to fill 20 orders though.

Me too. Hoping my distributor gets more than 20 in the first shipment!!

#476 7 years ago

Yeah, I'm like number 11 on our local distributor list and they are expecting "something around 10" so not sure if I'll get one of these first ones or not. They told me they'd expect their next shipment to be a few weeks later so I may be waiting longer. We will see...

#477 7 years ago

Honestly, when I preordered back in March I had no idea that I would be going into October without a machine. I think it seems like a long time because so many times over the months I thought I was close to pick up only to find out there was a delay. Don't get me wrong...the delays are fine if it means a better product and I completely understand.

Picking up Ghostbusters Premium has become a quest for me at this point and I'm hoping I'm close to the end of the journey. I'm anxious to finally get playing.

#478 7 years ago

Mine should be delivered tomorrow!!whoo whoo!!! Finally

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Just got word that mine was shipping. I'm expecting it at the end of the week!

#480 7 years ago

What distributor is shipping? I'm with game room guys and no calls yet.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

I posted this in another GB thread but an Aussie distro unboxed a premium for a customer and had JT signature. Not sure if it's an old LE playfield or just a mistake
Who knows

I got this one, the playfield is dated JUN 20, and the cabinet is dated June 29.

The signature is in red pen, is this the normal color?

#482 7 years ago

Mine just shipped from the Game Exchange. It was supposed to ship This past Friday but was delayed by the shipping company.
Should have it by the end of this week.
Very excited.

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Lordanubis:

I got this one, the playfield is dated JUN 20, and the cabinet is dated June 29.
The signature is in red pen, is this the normal color?

Same date as my LE playfield, my LE was built 27 June
Let us know if it starts ghosting

20160927_124133 (resized).jpg20160927_124133 (resized).jpg

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Mine just shipped from the Game Exchange. It was supposed to ship This past Friday but was delayed by the shipping company.
Should have it by the end of this week.
Very excited.

Why wouldn't it ship direct from Stern ?

#485 7 years ago

JJ gets a truckload from Stern and then ships them out same day to customers. It's a better shipping rate, especially for those of us on the west coast. At least this is my understanding....

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I went to check it out and the inserts had like small bubbling on the inside of them, quite a few were like that,but got it swapped over for another one.

Like this? My pro has probably at least 6 inserts with the bubbling effect. If you look at the insert from above, it will be perfectly clear.

Rob

20160915_225208 (resized).jpg20160915_225208 (resized).jpg

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

But what if you didn't get that unless you completed modes? Sort of like how you don't get elf gifts in LOTR unless you complete modes. LOTR doesn't force you to play the same mode over and over until you complete. That's what I'm advocating. Prize for completion (wizard access, multipliers, etc), move on with the story if you don't. Or, an option in the settings for completion/no completion. Just SOMETHING - as it stands it's just too unbalanced in terms of design/content. I'm not the only one who doesn't think the current rules are fun - there are plenty of posts from others about it - although I'm the one singled out for the opinion. There's a reason the 100's of mode based pins in existence don't make you repeat modes until you "cycle" back around. You want the player to feel like they're advancing and seeing new content, animation, and humor. Currently that's locked out from anyone except the best of players, and even they can barely advance.

How about adding a little more depth to the first level scenes, but remove the timers from them? For an experienced player the first scenes are too simple and always score the same.

Rob

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

JJ gets a truckload from Stern and then ships them out same day to customers. It's a better shipping rate, especially for those of us on the west coast. At least this is my understanding....

Ahhhh, that does make sense.

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ahhhh, that does make sense.

Mine is in his first shipment too, so I am excited
Hopefully, no insert issues with a September build.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Same date as my LE playfield, my LE was built 27 June
Let us know if it starts ghosting

mmm, John must of started to sign with the red pen then switched to the gold when they noticed that it's hard to see!

IMG_2231.JPGIMG_2231.JPG

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, this.
JJ got 15 games delivered all at once

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yes, this.
JJ got 15 games delivered all at once

You and I are in the same batch, so here's to all of us having a problem free experience. Report back when yours lands and I will do the same

#493 7 years ago

In case people are keeping track....
Reinforcement fixed on the premiums.

Playfields are gorgeous. Cab is Sept 19th build.

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Anyone else agree that the Premium is the best looking of the 3 versions? I could have gone LE but thought this looked so much better.
I assume yes but am just wondering since I hadn't seen it mentioned myself.

Yes, big time!
I really hope to encounter one on location to see for sure!

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You and I are in the same batch, so here's to all of us having a problem free experience. Report back when yours lands and I will do the same

I will certainly be posting here the day it arrives.
Hoping all is good.

#496 7 years ago

Proper Hot Wheels Ecto 1. $7.00
In place where it should be at the firehouse at the pf artwork

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I like it. Just made me order this..

$_3 (resized).JPG$_3 (resized).JPG

I'm loving my man-childhood

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'd probably put it over the ramp entrance on a custom piece of plastic, heading up the ramp. Would look like it's leaving the firehouse, and the plastic it's on would also stop airballs. 2 in 1 solution, plus it makes sense thematically since the ramp is a "road".

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Interesting location... I was initially thinking I'd put it up on the wireform of the ramp as if it was driving away with a jackpot, but I may play around with it in this location on top of the air-ball deflector plastic.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Like this? My pro has probably at least 6 inserts with the bubbling effect. If you look at the insert from above, it will be perfectly clear.
Rob

Yeah but these were all in the clear inserts not the colour ones

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.