image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5801 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 7 years ago

Well the Honeymoon stage is over and I can now review Ghostbusters without blinders on. First of all I could care less about price pumping a title or it's valuation. I own an LE and I have to say it has exceeded my expectations and has turned out to be one of my favorite games. I have played the pro several times and I feel it is a great game and great for location, but the Premium/LE is superior and the extra features & bling is worth it. There are certain titles that I feel the Pro is the way to go and there are certain titles where the Premium/LE are the way to go.

Ghostbusters Premium/LE is the way to go because it has very unique features like the magnetic slings. Some people will bitch about how difficult the game is and that when the Ghost-magnetic slings play catch back and forth with the ball and then decides to drain sdtm or throw the ball into the out lanes, people tend to get frustrated. I actually love it, and playing a game with a feature that makes it un-predictable is awesome and keeps you on your toes. It is like Iron Monger on Iron Man when the magnet throws your ball sdtm-pisses you off but at the same time-it is awesome and challenging. The unique magnetic slings make the Premium/LE worth it alone!

Is Ghostbusters too difficult with the flipper gap and magnetic slings?-absolutely not. The high scoring matrix and the new code with mode progression make this title easier and more enjoyable for many. I personally think the scoring matrix is set way too high, but maybe it is a psychological advantage to have people believe an abnormal high score means you have done well, even if it was a lousy game.

Ok now lets talk about the Ecto-goggles. When you have someone come over to play the game, especially non-pinheads the first thing they say is " Man that hologram feature is awesome!" People can't believe these cool features are part of modern pinball now. The moving Slimer is awesome and much more interactive than the pro. Well I have Slimer dragging his butt-who cares just adjust him up a bit-problem solved.

The subway lock is awesome and has been long over due to reintroduce. Such a great feature to utilize the space beneath a pinball machine. Again a feature that is worth it.

Well what about quality control? Yes this title had some issues with Stern transitioning into a new factory with new vendors but they are working on a fix for all defects. I got miss-matched side rails that were sent out for replacement by Stern. I have one insert with almost un-noticeable ghosting. Am I happy with the build quality-absolutely! The features, design, artwork, and gameplay are awesome. If you are really concerned about quality control and do not trust Stern to take care of issues(which they usually do) then simply buy one on the secondary market to insure there are no known issues. What about air-balls? I have mine set steep and have adjusted my flippers-I may have one or two air-balls once in awhile but not an issue. Air-balls are part of pinball.

For those of you on the fence about a Premium/LE or Pro let me push you over the fence. Life is short and it is only money-go for the gold you will not regret it on this one. The future code up-dates will make this game shine even more. I am really happy with my purchase and highly recommend this title. Is it a good game for the family? I think so, even with the level of difficulty and the flipper gap my kids really enjoy playing it and love the theme. I recommend setting the machine on five ball until you are able to further your progression into the game.

Overall Ghostbusters Premium/LE is the full package and I commend Stern for producing another fantastic title!

Oh-and almost forgot- "Bustin makes me feel good!"

#127 7 years ago

Well both the Pro and the Premium/LE are great games-that we can agree upon. It really comes down to the extra coin-is $1700 a lot of money for the upgrades?-I do not think so

I have had no problems with my right ramp-smooth as butter.

If you think the magnetic slings are gimmicky well everyone has an opinion but again they are such a cool feature. I find it difficult to believe that people don't notice the difference from traditional slings and the random magnetic slings. I have games where I am blown away by how cool the slings are and how they interact with the ball. For me if I bought a pro and got some decent time on the Premium/LE I would want the magnetic sling feature and sell the pro to upgrade. I cant imagine playing my X-MEN LE without the magnet in front of Wolverine with him tossing the ball randomly at you. Same thing goes for Ghostbusters-if you eliminate the magnets you eliminate a huge part of the randomness that was built into the games design. Like I said the slings make it worth it alone.

If you have the extra coin go Premium on this one if you don't have the extra coin go Pro

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It always amuses me when Pro owners declare the Pro model as clearly better.

It amuses me when Stern does not implement proper testing and quality control and thus it turns a Premium/LE machine into a mechanically flogged machine from factory. So yes obviously the pro will be a better option than the Premium/LE.

Prime examples are Metallica with big clunky hammer that has been plagued with problems and Game Of Thrones Premium/LE left orbit diverter, etc. Complete three consecutive loops to obtain house Martell....Oh wait that's not possible...LOL

Sometimes having more toys and bling does not mean it makes the game better. Especially when the toys and features are flawed from the factory, and the Pro simply plays better.

4 weeks later
#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

experience since it led me to Hobbit, which is absolutely f*cking incredible and insanely fun!

Well different strokes for different folks for sure, I cant stand the Hobbit and it bores me to death. Ghostbusters on the other hand is a really fast, fun playing game that gets the adrenaline pumping. Everyone has an opinion but the Hobbit is not even in the same ball park as Ghostbusters.

With all due respect I do not think you really gave Ghostbusters a fair shake and you never owned one. You began talking about the horrible gap, and cheap drains months before your game was to arrive. I hate to say it but your thoughts and opinions about the gameplay became fact before you even really had the opportunity to give it a chance. Your thoughts become your actions and you psyched yourself out of the game before it arrived. Time will tell, but I have a good feeling you will be dumping the Hobbit and eventually will see the light on Ghostbusters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-or-pro?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.