image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5801 (resized).JPG

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 7 years ago

Just sold my pro and upgraded to a premium not sure if I prefer the upgrades and if they are worth it but I love playing this game and want the best one. Have to pucker a bit again now for the first few hundred plays, hopefully this one isnt a ghoster!

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Now let's look at a magnet trick like BSD - the mist ball. That's a trick that couldn't be done another way, is cool as hell, and is an actual gameplay function (you have to hit the ball off the moving magnet to start multiball).

I would love to see Stern or anyone for that matter do a modern version of this. I know Heighway has plans in the future to bring a screen that will also be the playfield glass, would be cool to add some mist/smoke animations or whatever would suit the theme that used the trick again, GB would have been a good call but the magna slings are cool and unique

3 months later
#253 6 years ago

Premium is still recommend over Pro?

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Premium is still recommend over Pro?

Watch SDTM podcast where they review a Pro. The one host guy got both a Pro and Premium. Pro wins for flow and better feeling shots.

#255 6 years ago

I played all 3 versions and bought a pro.. I don't feel like the game is lacking at all.

1 month later
#256 6 years ago

I don't regret getting a Premium. Everytime I see and play a Pro it just looks empty and almost too easy.

- I like the steeper metal left ramp of the Premium.
- The subway and physical lock is so much better. Don't forget they *remove* stuff to create a cheaper Pro version, so the Pro will never be the way the designer envisioned the game.
- Magna slings: I love them, they are so evil, even more than TAF's Power. When they are lit and start to make these weird sounds, you know you're in trouble. Again, that's the way it was designed.
- The artwork of the front of the Cab is a bit meh, but I like the backbox better. I don't mind the blue tones.
- The way slimmer moves makes it harder to get some shots, which is good. On the pro, it just blocks Gozer.
- The right ramp is super hard to get. You almost get it but nah, your shot was not clean enough, not fast enough. This is the way is was designed.

Remember it's designed by Trudeau. He likes to make everything harder and I think Ghostbusters is the summum. That's the perfect modern game to train and get better at Pinball.

1 month later
#257 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me if any ghosting or playfield issues on the premium models were rectified by October 2016? I am considering purchasing a used premium with a build date of October 2016.

#258 6 years ago

I thought I had replied to this, but I guess not, so here goes nothing...

First, some people say the Premium is always better because it's the Premium! It's got it all! I usually disagree with this way of thinking, as often the removed items create a faster, tougher game. For instance, I own a Metallica Pro because I like it about twice as much as the premium.

With that having been said, GB after much playing I decided was a Premium game for me. Amongst the reasons why...

The magna slings I love. People have issues with them being mean just like they do with the magnet on Iron Man which I love. If you play so you don't often hit the slings, they won't cause you grief. If they do, play better. To me, it's a really neat feature.

The left ramp I think is so much more interesting going under the playfield. I'm actually not one for physical locks usually, but I like this one too.

Slimer's movement, while not overly necessary, adds some interesting challenges to the game play that you wouldn't get from a static Slimer. He is big enough to impact certain shots.

Having said all this, the Pro is good too. But at least for me, those magna slings in particular make the game a lot more.

Ghostbusters has become one of my favorite games in my collection. The strategy for play is so much deeper than other games I find, and the linear modes don't bother me at all because I like how they tell a story. The only thing I don't care for is there are two video modes, the Don't Cross the Streams one is worth ludicrous points, and the other one is pure luck and pretty worthless. I tend to dislike video modes in general, and they need to be balanced a bit...

2 years later
#259 4 years ago

Just read all of the reviews on GB Pro vs Premium. Since there has not been an update posted in a couple of years, any new opinions about the difference?

Im looking at a Pro as the price is right and there is not a Premium in the price range. Should I pull the trigger or be more patient and wait till a Premium pops up and spend the $$ to get all the extras that come with the Premium?

#260 4 years ago

I’ve owned both. The premium is way better and definitely worth it. Shoots and plays a lot better. Fork out the extra money for a premium.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I’ve owned both. The premium is way better and definitely worth it. Shoots and plays a lot better. Fork out the extra money for a premium.

agree. one of the games I wished I would have kept.

#262 4 years ago

No offense to anyone, but I am very glad that I bought the Premium. I love the extra Slimer motion, subway ramp and magna slings. Magna slings are just awesome IMO...

#263 4 years ago

I’ve played both and own a Pro mainly because it was NIB and a Premium wasn’t available nearby. I really enjoy the Pro and feel it shoots smoother than the Premium due mainly to a left ramp that is less steep. Having said that, if I could upgrade I probably would for the magna slings!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-or-pro/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.