image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5801 (resized).JPG
There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 7 years ago

I have played a lot of games on the pro. I played the premium at Expo and I think the premium is worth the extra $$$.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The right ramp is horrible on the premium guys much better on the pro; never thought I would say that but it's sad but true

Yup I wouldn't consider a TWD prem/le because of that ramp, pro is better.

For GB, I would prefer the premium, but just couldn't justify the price difference, and its just a bit more bling not really gameplay improving features. (except maybe the physical ball lock)

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The right ramp is horrible on the premium guys much better on the pro; never thought I would say that but it's sad but true

Why? My right premium ramp is great. Have to hit a clean shot and it rolls right through. If you make bold statements you need to back up the opinion with some reasoning..... The right ramp on the pro doesnt do much for me. I've had the ball hang up on the roll overs.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just picked up a pro thinking I'll play it until I find a good premium, but I gotta say, I'm having a blast with the Pro. I thought I'd hate the right ramp but nothing but love here, great shot, unlike the feedback people are giving on premium/LE right ramp. Slings play well, flippers feel good, dare I say better than my flippers on GOT premium. Premium is awesome and has cool features but Ghostbusters is Ghostbusters. Spend 5k for an awesome game while you still can.

how long ago did you get it? How does the PF look, do you know PF date? can you post pictures?

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup I wouldn't consider a TWD prem/le because of that ramp, pro is better.

LOL. The guy is talking GB, not TWD. The right ramp is the same on both TWD machines.

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I have yet to play a Premium or LE but have well over 100 games on a Pro and would be completely satisfied going with a Pro model on this one. It's a fantastic game! The rules still need some polishing/tweaking but what's there is really fun. I honestly don't think i'd feel like I was missing out at all. The rules are the same and the shots feel good and that's what's most important to me. I've actually grown to really like the right ramp setup on the Pro and think I prefer that to the ramp that's on the Premium.

if you want to try a premium. I have a Ghostbusters premium tournament coming up Nov 26th and have some openings that just opened up.

#107 7 years ago

I have played several premiums 3 different games and all had the same problem with the right ramp could hit it right on and would not make it up; so yes I think I can speak my opinion here

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I have played several premiums 3 different games and all had the same problem with the right ramp could hit it right on and would not make it up; so yes I think I can speak my opinion here

And I am a Premium owner that has not had to make any adjustments to my ramp at all, and my opinion/experience is the exact opposite of your opinion. Preaching opinion as fact doesn't help anyone....

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

And I am a Premium owner that has not had to make any adjustments to my ramp at all, and my opinion/experience is the exact opposite of your opinion. Preaching opinion as fact doesn't help anyone....

I've played 2 Premiums and 1 LE that all exhibit the shitty right ramp rollbacks. Clearly it's something that happens on games. Fact. We're not making things up.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've played 2 Premiums and 1 LE that all exhibit the shitty right ramp rollbacks. Clearly it's something that happens on games. Fact. We're not making things up.

Correct.... but you are not blanket stating "get the Pro because the Premium ramps are crap" as Derek is.... It is simply not true. All games have issues, we get it, but to blanket statement something isnt helping anyone.

#111 7 years ago

Get the Pro. Cheaper, gameplay is just as good.

And magna slings are incredibly stupid.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There seems to be a lot of variance even on Pro models. There are two GB Pros that I play on route. On one the right ramp is smooth as butter and is really fun to shoot, but on the other one it isnt a smooth shot and I often get rejections and balls that rattle out or don't count which makes it super frustrating!

#113 7 years ago

I know some owners have voiced the same problem on this thread also I'm glad yours is good to go

#114 7 years ago

Neither. Game is more frustrating than fun. And, the new movie is better than the old ones.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you want to try a premium. I have a Ghostbusters premium tournament coming up Nov 26th and have some openings that just opened up.

Thanks for the invite! Sounds like a ton of fun but its pretty tough for me to make it out much these days for pin events. I'll check the schedule though and see.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Helps when you attach your opinion to your factual statement...just sayin. There are people who have adjusted their ramps by lowing the transition of plastic to metal part and it helps to remedy that. Things that can be adjusted shouldn't stop a purchase. It's pinball, if it isn't broken it isn't pinball.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Me too. Haven't had to adjust it.

#117 7 years ago

Still debating. Played a premium and had the exact issue that Derek stated. Not sure if it's the geometry or the design. Keeping an open mind

#118 7 years ago

OK I have a Premium and took 7 rejects in a row on the right ramp. Changed the 2" hex spacer to 1 5/8" and rarely get rejects now. So don't write off the Pemium just because of that.

#119 7 years ago

I have a premium, pretty terrible at pinball and I hit the right ramp shot twice in a row and routinely hit it. I suspect it's a machine by machine issue. Definitely not a gimme but a rewarding shot that is extremely doable.

#120 7 years ago

I'll agree the right ramp is a hard shot to hit. but seriously though some of these comments are insane! Obviously the pro owners will say their machine is better and premium/le owners will say there's are better. Its just a matter of opinion and how much money you can afford to spend. For me the walking dead was a no brainer the pro was a great buy. But in my opinion the Ghostbusters premium was the way to go this time as they really added a lot of features and toys that I really liked. That being said I can honestly say after playing the premium for a while now, when i do play the pro i feel very underwhelmed.. Again it's all a matter of opinion. For instance A lot of guys seem to love game of thrones and to me it's just an ok game with not a lot going on...

#121 7 years ago

The pro is faster smoother and just a funner pin imo ive played a le it was not as fun i dont make the rules in pinball but the pro is the clear winner

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

The pro is faster smoother and just a funner pin imo ive played a le it was not as fun i dont make the rules in pinball but the pro is the clear winner

The only winner is the owner of any model of GB pin.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The only winner is the owner of any model of GB pin.

Debatable

#124 7 years ago

One of my concerns is that I do have a friend who is a premium owner and he feels that the pro is just as good as the premium right now. If he had to buy again he would go pro. Money not being a factor for him he likes the way the pro plays..... IMO those are strong words coming from a collector such as him. He does think the extra toys are neat and may be implemented better in future code but are not justified at a extra cost.

I am little price conscious, but am willing spending the extra cash if the juice is worth the squeeze. He are my games and how I decided.

Had a MOPLE and now own a Pro
Star Trek Pro
Tron Pro
Ac/Dc LE
TWD Premium

Before there was a difference

TSPP
RBION
LOTR
Sopranos

#125 7 years ago

I think that the premium is worth the extra cost, but just barely. The pro is no slouch. It's a great game. That said, the premium has some improved gameplay elements (right ramp, right scoop being its own shot, Ecto Goggles) and the magna slings are actually pretty dang awesome once you make the leaf switch sensitive.

There aren't many games where I would say to go premium over pro, but like AC/DC, I think Ghostbusters is worth it.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think that the premium is worth the extra cost, but just barely. The pro is no slouch. It's a great game. That said, the premium has some improved gameplay elements (right ramp, right scoop being its own shot, Ecto Goggles) and the magna slings are actually pretty dang awesome once you make the leaf switch sensitive.
There aren't many games where I would say to go premium over pro, but like AC/DC, I think Ghostbusters is worth it.

More good unbiased info

#127 7 years ago

Well both the Pro and the Premium/LE are great games-that we can agree upon. It really comes down to the extra coin-is $1700 a lot of money for the upgrades?-I do not think so

I have had no problems with my right ramp-smooth as butter.

If you think the magnetic slings are gimmicky well everyone has an opinion but again they are such a cool feature. I find it difficult to believe that people don't notice the difference from traditional slings and the random magnetic slings. I have games where I am blown away by how cool the slings are and how they interact with the ball. For me if I bought a pro and got some decent time on the Premium/LE I would want the magnetic sling feature and sell the pro to upgrade. I cant imagine playing my X-MEN LE without the magnet in front of Wolverine with him tossing the ball randomly at you. Same thing goes for Ghostbusters-if you eliminate the magnets you eliminate a huge part of the randomness that was built into the games design. Like I said the slings make it worth it alone.

If you have the extra coin go Premium on this one if you don't have the extra coin go Pro

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

you should come over and play mine. See if you can hit it. i'm going to screw with it some more and do some very very fine tuning on the flipper alignment to see if I can improve it. My alignment is perfect for every other shot in the game tho, and i'd hate to change it. I'm really temped to shave off 1/8" of that blue rubber to open up the shot a little.

#129 7 years ago

I've never had an issue with my right ramp. I actually didn't realize that it was a problematic thing for some people until recently. I've had more than my fair share of other issues, but the game is playing like a dream right now. Such a solid game.

#130 7 years ago

Playing a pro right now ..... gotta say it's frgn great ... nice fresh game too

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

how long ago did you get it? How does the PF look, do you know PF date? can you post pictures?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#133 7 years ago

Playfield looks good. No ghosting out of box. 100 plays. Stamped date on playfield October 3. But anything can happen and I wouldn't be surprised if Tobin or shooter or drain started to ghost. Sucks but that's the reality

#134 7 years ago

Welcome to ny sign is awesome. Where did you get it? Mezel I bet

#136 7 years ago

Cool lane protectors. Source ?

#137 7 years ago

Modfather makes some nice ones. He has green ones, but I feel like it fades the purple/pink artwork. Pink/magenta always shines.

#138 7 years ago

Some more thoughts after getting a dozen games on a pro last night.......

It played silky smooth with no issues and a very flowing feel. One of my concerns on this debate now is the LEFT ramp and how steep it is. On the pro it feels great but on the premium I played pretty bad and id not hit it much.

Is there an issue? Some say TWD premium is this way and the pro is smoother but I have mine dialed in and have zero issues.

After playing both models this game is 100% my next NIB buy.

#139 7 years ago

Seems like that NYC mod is only pro. Doh

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Playfield looks good. No ghosting out of box. 100 plays. Stamped date on playfield October 3. But anything can happen and I wouldn't be surprised if Tobin or shooter or drain started to ghost. Sucks but that's the reality

Hopefully you have a good PF, I was told by Pat at Stern yesterday that anything with an Oct PF date is good, but can't remember if people on the forums have seen any problems with any Oct dated ones. I read in a separate thread that Churchill stamps their dates on the end of the PFs in ink and the other manufacturer hand wrote them, sounds like you have a Churchill PF. Keep us posted on how it holds up. Your mods look sweet by the way. I'm sure you're enjoying the game.

#141 7 years ago

I took the majority of people's advice, spent the extra $$, and ordered a premium yesterday after I called Stern and they told me the PF issue was resolved. I was told the PFs they are putting in games this week and next week are the same ones they are using as replacements for the LE customers that had problems.

My girlfriend and I played about 15 games on a pro last night at a local barcade. It was fun, but it did seem stripped down compared to what I remember of playing the premium, I had this same feeling at Expo when I went from playing the premium to the pro. Don't get me wrong we had an absolute blast playing the pro, but I think I will enjoy the Premium more. I will post my impressions of the premium once I get it, fingers crossed it will be next week, I can't wait!!!!

#142 7 years ago

Here's my summary of this.

No upgrade is technically "worth" 1.7k however the majority feel that the premium features "warrant" the additional cash.

#143 7 years ago

It always amuses me when Pro owners declare the Pro model as clearly better. Lol

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It always amuses me when Pro owners declare the Pro model as clearly better. Lol

Not me ...... I clearly choose what I feel is better based on how the play. I have down graded from LEs to pro for that reason.

#145 7 years ago

The premium is not worth the extra cash.

But the premium is way more fun than the pro.

So, the usual dilemma then.

#146 7 years ago

Don't know if I agree with that on ST Tron and Met

The hammer is what made me go pro. No different than a switch only giving you points half the time. Frustrating!

#147 7 years ago

I'd go pro with twd and met and love both games.
Played the premiums and for the price pro was the way for me.

With GB i'm not sure, the pro is solid and makes a lot oft fun. IMO it's a little faster...
The Premium has more extra stuff and looks a lot more complete on the pflayfield.

I think i have to play both games 20 times more before i can made a dessicion.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It always amuses me when Pro owners declare the Pro model as clearly better.

It amuses me when Stern does not implement proper testing and quality control and thus it turns a Premium/LE machine into a mechanically flogged machine from factory. So yes obviously the pro will be a better option than the Premium/LE.

Prime examples are Metallica with big clunky hammer that has been plagued with problems and Game Of Thrones Premium/LE left orbit diverter, etc. Complete three consecutive loops to obtain house Martell....Oh wait that's not possible...LOL

Sometimes having more toys and bling does not mean it makes the game better. Especially when the toys and features are flawed from the factory, and the Pro simply plays better.

#149 7 years ago

Here's where I'm at.

My wife wants the premium as long as I can sort out the issues with the r ramp. I know it's a tight shot but so is the pro.

It seems the left ramp with metal habit trails ,vuk, slings, ecto googles ,moving slimer and real lock all work well ..... is this correct

Plus the 3D library and storage containment, real work rails, and metal apron ( which I put on anyway 250/300. )

I very back and forth on this game as the pro plays soooo well but the added features are very original

#150 7 years ago

Going to play a premium at my friends house now. Right after to the bolwing ally to play a pro

These tough life decisions

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-or-pro/page/3?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.