51%

(88 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Travolta (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 7 years ago

Both are awesome games. I pick hobbit. I own hobbit over GB after going through the same decision last summer. After playing both courtesy of my buddy with a GB premium, I have fun with GB, but the hobbit blows it away in most aspects. It really is different than any other pin. Don't listen to the people that say it's slow. They haven't played it set up in a home environment. Hobbit goes nuts, then slows down, then goes nuts again.

IMO, both machines are beautiful. Hobbit is built solid and feels much better than gb. I would like a GB premium someday possibly, but after getting deep into hobbits code and constantly repeating gb linear code, I made the right choice with hobbit.

Last thing. I have 3 young kids. My kids ages 7, 9, and 11 fully understand the hobbits rules and love it. They did not like GB nearly as much, and were frustrated with GB when they played it. Just my experience.

#86 7 years ago

These 2 games were compared before they released a year ago, and now again after we have all played them both. I really like both like I said earlier, but like I said last year, they are totally different games. If you already have sterns, then get a hobbit for a totally different experience. You will enjoy gb I'm sure, but it is frustrating and unfinished code. The hobbit is deep code and feels like the price it commands unlike any of the new sterns. Again, not bashing stern as I would like a GB someday, and I love my two sterns.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Yes but if you had to pick one of them which one would it be and why?

Hobbit is much deeper and once you understand it, you're family will enjoy it much more getting further into a game. Hobbit is my choice easily given your family status.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-or-hobbit-smaug-le?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.