Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WalkingDeadDumpInstructions_(resized).png
#1 7 years ago

For any Ghostbusters owners that have a moment, we're looking to analyze the gameplay audits from the collective players base out there to see the frequency of how often various features are started. If you're interested in helping, please shoot me an email of the audits from your game to "[email protected]", along with whether you have an LE or Pro model. If you happen to be an IFPA ranked player, please send me your player ID number as well.

Thanks!
Josh Sharpe

#2 7 years ago

do you want route game stats Josh?

Let me know what audits you want

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

do you want route game stats Josh?

Let me know what audits you want

Route games are for sure the best to get.

If you want to just grab the audit dump I can work through that text file. I'm not exactly sure what feature audits are pulled, so I don't quite know which ones are meaningful to look at yet.

#4 7 years ago

Hey Josh

I'll be at the location on Monday and can grab audits. Is that soon enough? It's been on location for almost 2 months now.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hey Josh
I'll be at the location on Monday and can grab audits. Is that soon enough? It's been on location for almost 2 months now.

For sure, that would be awesome

#6 7 years ago

What's the purpose of this? Or is it a secret.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What's the purpose of this? Or is it a secret.

My brother and I write reviews for Play Meter magazine and reviewing audits help show how often players are seeing/not seeing features. (Far better than us guessing what things are too hard/too easy).

The programmers at Stern have found that info valuable as well. If I can send them 100,000 plays worth of data showing a feature is being played 1% of the time when it was designed to be a 1 in 10 type of feature .... Brings to light some potential imbalances.

#8 7 years ago

I wonder if it can tell them how often we avoid Negative Reinforcment mode.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Route games are for sure the best to get.
If you want to just grab the audit dump I can work through that text file. I'm not exactly sure what feature audits are pulled, so I don't quite know which ones are meaningful to look at yet.

instructions for audit dump please...

I can grab them on friday when I am over at that location.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Good question! (I actually don't know)

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wonder if it can tell them how often we avoid Negative Reinforcment mode.

The rules for it on competition mode work great IMO . . . 1 win for every 10 ghosts captured. Brings in some strategy of intentionally not starting it until as late in the game as possible to increase the value that it brings (of course you then risk never starting it and not getting any points from it).

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The rules for it on competition mode work great IMO . . . 1 win for every 10 ghosts captured.

Agreed...in home use I avoid it as much as possible.

#13 7 years ago

Will dump ours on Monday. Location game and has all of the pintastic tournament results from the weekend. I know Lyman had to play it more than once in finals.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I looked in every Spike game manual Stern has online and didn't find instructions for the dump. The Walking Dead manual (which is a SAM game) shows the audit dump as an option from the audits menu.

Hope that helps.

WalkingDeadDumpInstructions_(resized).pngWalkingDeadDumpInstructions_(resized).png

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I looked in every Spike game manual Stern has online and didn't find instructions for the dump. The Walking Dead manual (which is a SAM game) shows the audit dump as an option from the audits menu.
Hope that helps.

Audits. Dump Audits to USB

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Audits. Dump Audits to USB

so just put a blank USB in and "dump audits to USB"?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jesus Christ man

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have never done it but I would assume that is the way to do it.

#19 7 years ago

Yep, it makes a nice text file. Great way to capture audits before a software upgrade.

#20 7 years ago

I have 3 out. Can I take pics and send them to you Josh?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I have 3 out. Can I take pics and send them to you Josh?

Yep that works great as well!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

My brother and I write reviews for Play Meter magazine and reviewing audits help show how often players are seeing/not seeing features. (Far better than us guessing what things are too hard/too easy).
The programmers at Stern have found that info valuable as well. If I can send them 100,000 plays worth of data showing a feature is being played 1% of the time when it was designed to be a 1 in 10 type of feature .... Brings to light some potential imbalances.

Cool. Is Play Meter a magazine worth subscribing to? I've never seen one.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Cool. Is Play Meter a magazine worth subscribing to? I've never seen one.

If you're an operator it's one of the few trade magazines available to keep you up to date on current product available in the marketplace (equipment, payment methods, business strategies, show calendar, etc).

Outside of operating, unless you want to read it for our game reviews which is only pinball about 25% of the time . . . I'd probably pass

If you're looking for some blast from the past entertainment, my dad actually used to write the Critics Corner column back in the late 70's/early 80's. I find it pretty entertaining to read his reviews of so many classics when they first hit the streets.

http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Oldies/

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I find it pretty entertaining to read his reviews of so many classics when they first hit the streets.
http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Oldies/

Thanks for sharing. Those are a good read!

Does he still say "reverses" or has he come around to new school "backhand" terminology?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Does he still say "reverses" or has he come around to new school "backhand" terminology?

Oh it's still "reverses" for sure lol.

#26 7 years ago

At the end of the Play Meter review for Nov. 15, 1979, Roger Sharpe say there's been "news of the upcoming new addition to the Sharpe line in December." Any ideas what he's speaking of?

http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Oldies/cc_111579/

Sorry if this is off topic.

#27 7 years ago

Put 1.05 in a few weeks ago on my location GB. Will pull audits if I can remember to bring the USB with me.

Is there a deadline on this?

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

At the end of the Play Meter review for Nov. 15, 1979, Roger Sharpe say there's been "news of the upcoming new addition to the Sharpe line in December." Any ideas what he's speaking of?
http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Oldies/cc_111579/
Sorry if this is off topic.

I'm going to guess the birth of either Josh or Zach.

#29 7 years ago

I will send some dumps next time I am at my Ghostbusters on route

#30 7 years ago

I will grab my audits tonight when I'm on location.

#31 7 years ago

It would be interesting to see one of these files if someone would be kind enough to post and link to it. Or copy-paste if not toooo big.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I'm going to guess the birth of either Josh or Zach.

That would be me (Josh) - I was due on Christmas but came out December 5th. I was so excited about pinball I just had to come early

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 26.50
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

15,699 (OBO)
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-owners-ifpa-needs-your-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.