View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-08-29-14-01-16 (resized).png
1 (resized).jpg
StarWars White trim kit t-molding (resized).jpg
BF19D89A-2B87-4D0D-BDDD-8F54E6886BBF (resized).jpeg
526C0A53-0F69-4096-B912-6988E8FE1061 (resized).jpeg
20170607_124404 (resized).jpg
70E7986C-7764-48C8-8C99-C57D5D6EFB71 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

Since you are talking Pro models I would go AS. If you were talking Premium then I’d probably take GB. Both games are better than Star Wars though. iMO.

#1 AS
#2 GB
#3 SW

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GB goes back the the fine tradition of DE games making a "world of shit under glass" where you just throw a bunch of parts in and hope it works.
You don't play the looks of a game but the issue with AS is the art is fantastic, but the animations are pretty bottom of the barrel for me.

The LCD animations in AS are unbelievably awesome!

1 week later
#90 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

don't listen to this guy, go jjp its like driving a lambo after you get out of the stern volkswagon.

It should be with the ridiculous price they are charging for their games.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im really happy with my purchase of my Ghostbusters pro. Partly because I got a smokin deal on it. What has attracted me to this game the first time I saw it was the artwork. Zombi Yeti has some killer work. My favorite artist is Dirty Donny even before he was doing pinball games. Anyways, I first played GB last year when it came out. I wasn't a huge fan of the game play because 1) I sucked at playing it 2) didn't understand the rules 3) didn't like the flipper gap 4) it isn't a easy game to play. So I kinda wrote it off. Now, mind you my collection of pinball to this point is mostly EM games. I do have Austin Powers, Elvira, Dr. Dude, Taxi and Jokez! I became really bored with Dr. Dude and really mastered the game and got to the point of not wanting to play it. So I was looking for something more challenging. I since had played GB at a few times at a few more shows and still was very challenged by it. This is why the game stuck in my head and when my friend was selling her GB, I jumped at the opportunity to pick it up. I had to sell a few things (Dr. Dude included) to come up with the space and money.
I just picked it up on Friday (11-3-17) and Im still on a GB high. Still don't like the flipper gap, but I found extending the ball save helps. Im still learning the rules to the game, but my son and I are having a blast playing against each other. Ive kinda gone crazy and ordered a bunch of add-ons. Topper, Library, fire station, side blades, and shooter rod.
One disappointment is the Spoked Liberian hole. 80% of the time it kicks it out right to the drain hole. Im sure there is a way to adjust this.
Overall, Im super pumped on this game. Next I'd like to get an Aerosmith or Metallica. I guess Im turning into a Stern fanboy

You can adjust the left scoop kick out power. I think mine is set on 22 if I’m not mistaken. It doesn’t shoot out very hard when you turn it down and it goes to the left flipper instead of the right but it’s better than the ball going between the flippers and SDTM any day. Congrats on your new game, GB is a lot of fun and a beautiful game.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Flipper gap on GB not an issue for me. It's the left outlane drains that seem impossible to prevent. Ball just shoots over there, skips over the inlanes, and straight out with no chance to nudge. QC issues not an issue with gameplay other than slimer mech not working right. I just find it hard to start modes, finish modes when you have to make a tight shot, and getting to mb. Some shots are super easy and others extremelly difficult. Not impossible but just seems like you have to work really hard and fight the drains. There also seems like a bunch of random stuff that does nothing other than give you a few points. Also, what's up with the screaming ghost chick? That get's mighty annoying after the first few times. No idea who thought that would be great.

You can turn the screaming ghost chick off in the settings and if your ball is actually hopping the inlane rails you can buy a protector to stop that also. I don’t think that’s what you’re describing though. One thing I did to Help with the outlane drains is I moved the little outlane post in closer to the outlane to tighten that gap up a little bit. It doesn’t seem like it would help much but it does make a difference and makes GB more fun.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW! thanks for the tip....I will adjust this tonight

You’re welcome and put these two links in your favorites for any help or information you might need for Your new game, they are very informative and helpful.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread

#119 6 years ago

It’s nice to see GB holding it’s own and getting the respect it deserves and quite frankly I agree with the poll numbers so far. I think GB and AS are both really great games and close to each other.

2 weeks later
#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't blame players for GB's design flaws. It doesn't matter how good you are when the flipper gap sucks balls STDM from all directions in a way that no great player can prevent, not to mention the airball ricochets into the drain from every target, and the poorly designed inlanes that allow balls to hop right into the outlanes...and if you're playing a Prem or LE, the magna-slings will make the ball swirl and drop down the middle. A great player's skills are irrelevant on this "game".

The magna slings rarely do that and matter of fact I would say that the magna slings actually make you lose your ball less than traditional slings do. Magna slings shouldn't be on every pinball machine but they fit the GB theme perfectly and they are freakin awesome!

3 months later
#136 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok, so now I own 2 of these 3 games I had on this list. I just picked up an Aerosmith. So now I have AS and GB pro's. AS is a killer game. tons of fun, but I think I like GB better. Just my opinion.

GB and AS are both great games i dont care what anyone says. I feel fortunate to be able to own both of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 39.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-or-aerosmith-or-star-wars?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.