View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-08-29-14-01-16 (resized).png
1 (resized).jpg
StarWars White trim kit t-molding (resized).jpg
BF19D89A-2B87-4D0D-BDDD-8F54E6886BBF (resized).jpeg
526C0A53-0F69-4096-B912-6988E8FE1061 (resized).jpeg
20170607_124404 (resized).jpg
70E7986C-7764-48C8-8C99-C57D5D6EFB71 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago

SW doesn't look like much, but she's got it where it counts. If you want a fast game with the one more play feel, SW is a keeper.

If you can get past the music, Aerosmith is a great pin. It's fun, got a cool toy, and the modes are great. The game is really easy though and you'll probably find it gets redundant quickly.

GB - I was in a honeymoon phase with GB, but that wore off very quickly. It's the only NIB game I have ever sold. I loved the artwork, liked the layout,but the rules just got monotonous and I decided to sell before prices started taking a dive.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quickest ownership I've ever had.

Same here. I was worried I'd miss GB, but I don't even play it for free at friends' houses anymore.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And for me the Pre+ is much better than the pro.

Agreed - it was one of the few recent STERN games where the Premium was an easy choice over the Pro.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

AS - real easy?
You finished Final Tour and Medley then?!
My AS is brutal!

Well, since you asked... Yes. First two days on route I made it to the first wizard mode. By the second week I made it through the first wizard mode and then actually completed all the other modes and made it to the Final Tour, all on a game on location. When I play Aerosmith now I typically get to Medley Multiball. I can't say the same for other "wizard" modes on many other STERN games.

20170607_124404 (resized).jpg20170607_124404 (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, either that game is set up easy, I super suck and/or you are an awesome player
3/4 billion is a very good score for sure.

Game must be set up easy.

With that said though, Aerosmith doesn't really have very many high risk shots that you have to make to do well. If you avoid the two center targets the rest of the shots are long shots that you have time to try and recover from or low speed high angle shots like to the scoop that typically give you some time to recover from as well. The elevator kick out is usually trap-able on the left flipper using a soft catch and the toy box shot is far enough away that the magnet usually doesn't get me very often. Hitting the lock shot is IMO one of the tougher shots on the game, but Borg did a cool job of making this a skill shot also which helps advance that lock quickly if you get that dialed in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-or-aerosmith-or-star-wars?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.