View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-08-29-14-01-16 (resized).png
1 (resized).jpg
StarWars White trim kit t-molding (resized).jpg
BF19D89A-2B87-4D0D-BDDD-8F54E6886BBF (resized).jpeg
526C0A53-0F69-4096-B912-6988E8FE1061 (resized).jpeg
20170607_124404 (resized).jpg
70E7986C-7764-48C8-8C99-C57D5D6EFB71 (resized).jpeg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

Screenshot_2017-08-29-14-01-16 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-08-29-14-01-16 (resized).png

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

GB is great. Really dont understand the hate towards it....

It's a fun game. I'm just not a fan of the artwork.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's a fun game. I'm just not a fan of the artwork.

.......said no one ever.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm a Stern fanboy

Ha, could have fooled me.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ha, could have fooled me.

nice cherry picking. why didn't you post the whole sentence? oh yeah becasue then ur comment looks stupid.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

nice cherry picking. why didn't you post the whole sentence? oh yeah becasue then ur comment looks stupid.

Exactly.

#107 6 years ago

glad u admit it.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

.......said no one ever.

I just did. So you're wrong.

#109 6 years ago

Gotta go Aerosmith. GB is fun but can be frustrating (although right now it is the deeper game and harder because of the flipper gap). Aerosmith is more fun, IMO. Was there a third option? No, I guess not.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Gotta go Aerosmith. GB is fun but can be frustrating (although right now it is the deeper game and harder because of the flipper gap). Aerosmith is more fun, IMO. Was there a third option? No, I guess not.

It was the best one. You must've missed it.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It was the best one. You must've missed it.

Dang !

#112 6 years ago

I've decided to go for GB. Don't like the Aerosmith rules that will be used in GOTG that much for the wizard mode achievement.
Also a little disappointed by the reused layout (iron man / metallica). And no fan of below playfield magnets that randomize things.
Also no big fan of the movies of GOTG or the music used in it (yes I was born in the eighties..). And I really don't like the star wars theme at all (never did)

But really love the artwork on GB, rules, different layout and the possibility to blow up the scoring. + custom speech. And of course hoping for a killer next update

#113 6 years ago

Im really happy with my purchase of my Ghostbusters pro. Partly because I got a smokin deal on it. What has attracted me to this game the first time I saw it was the artwork. Zombi Yeti has some killer work. My favorite artist is Dirty Donny even before he was doing pinball games. Anyways, I first played GB last year when it came out. I wasn't a huge fan of the game play because 1) I sucked at playing it 2) didn't understand the rules 3) didn't like the flipper gap 4) it isn't a easy game to play. So I kinda wrote it off. Now, mind you my collection of pinball to this point is mostly EM games. I do have Austin Powers, Elvira, Dr. Dude, Taxi and Jokez! I became really bored with Dr. Dude and really mastered the game and got to the point of not wanting to play it. So I was looking for something more challenging. I since had played GB at a few times at a few more shows and still was very challenged by it. This is why the game stuck in my head and when my friend was selling her GB, I jumped at the opportunity to pick it up. I had to sell a few things (Dr. Dude included) to come up with the space and money.
I just picked it up on Friday (11-3-17) and Im still on a GB high. Still don't like the flipper gap, but I found extending the ball save helps. Im still learning the rules to the game, but my son and I are having a blast playing against each other. Ive kinda gone crazy and ordered a bunch of add-ons. Topper, Library, fire station, side blades, and shooter rod.
One disappointment is the Spoked Liberian hole. 80% of the time it kicks it out right to the drain hole. Im sure there is a way to adjust this.
Overall, Im super pumped on this game. Next I'd like to get an Aerosmith or Metallica. I guess Im turning into a Stern fanboy

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I guess Im turning into a Stern fanboy

This is pinside. Stern is all that's wrong with pinball, and Stern fanboys will be eliminated!

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im really happy with my purchase of my Ghostbusters pro. Partly because I got a smokin deal on it. What has attracted me to this game the first time I saw it was the artwork. Zombi Yeti has some killer work. My favorite artist is Dirty Donny even before he was doing pinball games. Anyways, I first played GB last year when it came out. I wasn't a huge fan of the game play because 1) I sucked at playing it 2) didn't understand the rules 3) didn't like the flipper gap 4) it isn't a easy game to play. So I kinda wrote it off. Now, mind you my collection of pinball to this point is mostly EM games. I do have Austin Powers, Elvira, Dr. Dude, Taxi and Jokez! I became really bored with Dr. Dude and really mastered the game and got to the point of not wanting to play it. So I was looking for something more challenging. I since had played GB at a few times at a few more shows and still was very challenged by it. This is why the game stuck in my head and when my friend was selling her GB, I jumped at the opportunity to pick it up. I had to sell a few things (Dr. Dude included) to come up with the space and money.
I just picked it up on Friday (11-3-17) and Im still on a GB high. Still don't like the flipper gap, but I found extending the ball save helps. Im still learning the rules to the game, but my son and I are having a blast playing against each other. Ive kinda gone crazy and ordered a bunch of add-ons. Topper, Library, fire station, side blades, and shooter rod.
One disappointment is the Spoked Liberian hole. 80% of the time it kicks it out right to the drain hole. Im sure there is a way to adjust this.
Overall, Im super pumped on this game. Next I'd like to get an Aerosmith or Metallica. I guess Im turning into a Stern fanboy

You can adjust the left scoop kick out power. I think mine is set on 22 if I’m not mistaken. It doesn’t shoot out very hard when you turn it down and it goes to the left flipper instead of the right but it’s better than the ball going between the flippers and SDTM any day. Congrats on your new game, GB is a lot of fun and a beautiful game.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can adjust the left scoop kick out power. I think mine is set on 22 if I’m not mistaken. It doesn’t shoot out very hard when you turn it down and it goes to the left flipper instead of the right but it’s better than the ball going between the flippers and SDTM any day. Congrats on your new game, GB is a lot of fun and a beautiful game.

WOW! thanks for the tip....I will adjust this tonight

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Flipper gap on GB not an issue for me. It's the left outlane drains that seem impossible to prevent. Ball just shoots over there, skips over the inlanes, and straight out with no chance to nudge. QC issues not an issue with gameplay other than slimer mech not working right. I just find it hard to start modes, finish modes when you have to make a tight shot, and getting to mb. Some shots are super easy and others extremelly difficult. Not impossible but just seems like you have to work really hard and fight the drains. There also seems like a bunch of random stuff that does nothing other than give you a few points. Also, what's up with the screaming ghost chick? That get's mighty annoying after the first few times. No idea who thought that would be great.

You can turn the screaming ghost chick off in the settings and if your ball is actually hopping the inlane rails you can buy a protector to stop that also. I don’t think that’s what you’re describing though. One thing I did to Help with the outlane drains is I moved the little outlane post in closer to the outlane to tighten that gap up a little bit. It doesn’t seem like it would help much but it does make a difference and makes GB more fun.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW! thanks for the tip....I will adjust this tonight

You’re welcome and put these two links in your favorites for any help or information you might need for Your new game, they are very informative and helpful.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread

#119 6 years ago

It’s nice to see GB holding it’s own and getting the respect it deserves and quite frankly I agree with the poll numbers so far. I think GB and AS are both really great games and close to each other.

#120 6 years ago

If we are comparing pros then AS. I actually feel that the pro plays better then the premium all because of the cheap drains you get from the ball coming down the ramp after being on the upper play field. If we are comparing premiums than I still like AS but GB and SW are closer in greatness.

#121 6 years ago

All three games are pretty fun..

AS - 1st....fun game
SW - fun, nice display, but overpriced and gets old quick
GB - great theme, and actually a nice play field (for Stern), but a very frustrating game

2 weeks later
#122 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

All three games are pretty fun..
AS - 1st....fun game
SW - fun, nice display, but overpriced and gets old quick
GB - great theme, and actually a nice play field (for Stern), but a very frustrating game

Just curious, but why do you and others fine GB frustrating? I actually think its a fairly easy pin...

#123 6 years ago

If you're pumping quarters into a GB and it airballs SDTM I can understand the frustration. To own one on free play with protectors installed it's a totally different game.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If you're pumping quarters into a GB and it airballs SDTM I can understand the frustration. To own one on free play with protectors installed it's a totally different game.

Gotcha. I dont see too many SDTM on mine due to airballs but I have done some work to reduce these... I supposed I can see that being an issue.

GB is great, but I did have a fair amount of time put into it in order to make it play smoothly...

#125 6 years ago

You made the right call on the Ghostbusters. From experience I can promise you you are not missing a thing on premium. Enjoy it. I couldn't get rid of that premium fast enough but I still pump quarters into a pro like there is no tomorrow. I might actually chase down a pro in the future.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

You made the right call on the Ghostbusters. From experience I can promise you you are not missing a thing on premium. Enjoy it. I couldn't get rid of that premium fast enough but I still pump quarters into a pro like there is no tomorrow. I might actually chase down a pro in the future.

I disagree on not missing anything on the premium. Id pay the price alone just for the magna-slings. But the full slimer mech and subway ramp really finish it off. Pro is good, but Premium is great and to me, definitely worth the money.

Other pins, I would never spend the loot on the premium...

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Just curious, but why do you and others fine GB frustrating? I actually think its a fairly easy pin...

because they aren't that good, its amazing to me sometimes I'll play with another collector who I haven't seen in years and he just can't get it, that sometimes explains the hate for certain pins, it will get the label drain monster or that the layout sucks but its bad playing pure and simple, this happens with video games as well.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

because they aren't that good, its amazing to me sometimes I'll play with another collector who I haven't seen in years and he just can't get it, that sometimes explains the hate for certain pins, it will get the label drain monster or that the layout sucks but its bad playing pure and simple, this happens with video games as well.

Don't blame players for GB's design flaws. It doesn't matter how good you are when the flipper gap sucks balls STDM from all directions in a way that no great player can prevent, not to mention the airball ricochets into the drain from every target, and the poorly designed inlanes that allow balls to hop right into the outlanes...and if you're playing a Prem or LE, the magna-slings will make the ball swirl and drop down the middle. A great player's skills are irrelevant on this "game".

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If you like Star Wars, get the Star Wars Pro. I think they did a great job on it and it plays better than the Premium/LE.

Really? What makes it play better? Plastic Ramps? No Hyperdrive (one of the coolest mechs Stern has ever done)?

C'mon...

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't blame players for GB's design flaws. It doesn't matter how good you are when the flipper gap sucks balls STDM from all directions in a way that no great player can prevent, not to mention the airball ricochets into the drain from every target, and the poorly designed inlanes that allow balls to hop right into the outlanes...and if you're playing a Prem or LE, the magna-slings will make the ball swirl and drop down the middle. A great player's skills are irrelevant on this "game".

The magna slings rarely do that and matter of fact I would say that the magna slings actually make you lose your ball less than traditional slings do. Magna slings shouldn't be on every pinball machine but they fit the GB theme perfectly and they are freakin awesome!

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I disagree on not missing anything on the premium. Id pay the price alone just for the magna-slings. But the full slimer mech and subway ramp really finish it off. Pro is good, but Premium is great and to me, definitely worth the money.
Other pins, I would never spend the loot on the premium...

I do agree that the features offered do set apart the the prem from the pro. I just didn't like the way they affected the play. The slings were cool initially and are like nothing else out there. I just didn't like how they randomly flung the ball all over the place and pulled the ball sometimes straight down the middle, the traditional slings are a little bit more predictable with less cheap drains. I couldn't get the ramp dialed in for smooth delivery to the flipper so there wasn't good flow for loopin supers, (the pro is smooth as butter). I do miss the ball lock however. Hitting slimer wasn't fun and felt like a chore. . .I hated it when a mode wasn't completed it and had to start again with slimer. After a lot of tinkering I just couldn't get the game to play "well". Perhaps there are others out there that do but I haven't come across one. Enjoy yours! I wish I could have with mine.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe I lucked out, but I don’t have any of those issues. I don’t have any outlane mods either. Could’ve been a problem with early games that weren’t adjusted?

The flipper gap is fine for me. I find that I get a good mix of short and longer ball times out of it. If it was normal, the gameplay would probably be longer than I prefer. I do see non-pinball guests struggle with it, though. They never get to fully experience the game.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A great player's skills are irrelevant on this "game".

Not from what I've seen, is the game a killer? yeah but I love that and the options are there to make it easier if desired, if you put in the time to set it up right it can be very fun and challenging, not a pin for everyone that's for sure.

3 months later
#134 6 years ago

Ok, so now I own 2 of these 3 games I had on this list. I just picked up an Aerosmith. So now I have AS and GB pro's. AS is a killer game. tons of fun, but I think I like GB better. Just my opinion.

#135 6 years ago

This certainly is a fickle hobby we have. This thread heavily favors AS PRO over SW PRO by almost 2. On the other hand, this updated thread heavily favors SW PRO over AS PRO. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/as-of-march-2018-star-wars-pro-or-aerosmith-pro#post-4278360

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok, so now I own 2 of these 3 games I had on this list. I just picked up an Aerosmith. So now I have AS and GB pro's. AS is a killer game. tons of fun, but I think I like GB better. Just my opinion.

Now go get an SW PRO and report back to all sources for us

Just messing, grate on the pickup. AS certainly is a fun game IMO.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

GB and AS are both great games i dont care what anyone says. I feel fortunate to be able to own both of them.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This certainly is a fickle hobby we have

It sure is. I spent some time on SW pro at the Pinball Hall of Fame in February. I was really disappointed. I got bored of it quickly and it not having that hyperspace ramp kinda was a bummer. I was looking forward to play that feature.

#138 6 years ago

I own SW Prem and GB Prem and love both. I have played Aerosmith and enjoyed it very much too. All 3 are fun titles!

8 months later
#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Based on your wish, still go Met pro, then these pros bro!

I just finally got a Met pro.....I dont know why i didnt listen to you sooner. Met is one of my all time favorite games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-or-aerosmith-or-star-wars/page/3?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.