You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2038EC22-B6F4-4152-9177-33664872E0AA (resized).png
71518035_2569906753030885_9079203445155561472_n (resized).jpg
71010727_2569906683030892_1695035785696247808_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 11.44.09 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sebastian88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago

Just did update. Agree, even better now. I believe it is one of the most underrated games ever made. Although made the adjustment in menu for scene to continue at the end of ball. Don’t want it to be too easy

#22 4 years ago

The game rules!

#24 4 years ago

I have pro. I feel there is no really difference. Got it new and I don’t regret it at all

#25 4 years ago

Between pro and LE. It’s the color dmd that’s a must

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from PINPSYCHO:

Glad you mentioned that. I went back in and looked at the options for the scenes and thought I had it on the harder 1. Didn't see the scenes continue but just the last scene continue before. Like the scene continue much better and gives it a little more of a challenge.I just found this game still in the box about 4 months ago and I think it is 1 of the best pins in my collection,even before this new update. This game has no disappointment for me at all.

Quoted from PINPSYCHO:

Glad you mentioned that. I went back in and looked at the options for the scenes and thought I had it on the harder 1. Didn't see the scenes continue but just the last scene continue before. Like the scene continue much better and gives it a little more of a challenge.I just found this game still in the box about 4 months ago and I think it is 1 of the best pins in my collection,even before this new update. This game has no disappointment for me at all.

I totally agree. Out of all the pins I have, ghostbusters is so much fun. I think it’s better than Munsters. Didn’t have a problem with the original code. Must say, the lights and call outs are way better. Normal flipper strength is better. The default is strong and it’s not necessary... it’s too much.

#52 4 years ago

The new code update although I love it , now my fairly new Ghostbusters resets if you get deep into the game has anyone else had this issue

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I love the new code. I wouldn't change a thing. Well done Dwight.

My game resets now when you get deep into the game the display actually says game resetting it only happens when you get deep into the game has this happened to you my games lesson a year old it never did it with the old code

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How deep? Like AYAG deep?

We came we saw. And later it was during backoff man and storage facility multi ball/ same time. A lot going on. Both times today I was at 1 billion plus. So pretty deep. A crappy game didn’t happen. Never ever happened with old code. Do you think I should reinstall and re-download

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

We came we saw. And later it was during backoff man and storage facility multi ball/ same time. A lot going on. Both times today I was at 1 billion plus. So pretty deep. A crappy game didn’t happen. Never ever happened with old code. Do you think I should reinstall and re-downloadWhat’s ayag

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I don’t think it will hurt. I haven’t had anything like that happen and I’ve had several 5 billion+ point games. Haven’t gotten to AYAG and feel like someone mentioned it reset on them when they got there but may have been in beta when it happened.

Well thanks for your help my friend I really appreciate it. I’m a little frustrated because there was nothing wrong with my game like I said it’s only less than a-year-old Started acting up this week when I updated the new code it was when I had gotten into the billions in points and there was a lot going on
Please let me know if something similar happened to you. I totally love the new code and I think the game is awesome. But I’m not happy that my Games doing this now. I have five other new stones with no issues and I’ve done code updates on them it makes me wonder if it’s software

#65 4 years ago

Spoke with Stern tech this morning.. new code causes game to reset when deep into game. I’m not the only person that they ve heard that from. Please email stern if you have this problem. You eventually will

#74 4 years ago

Swapped out power distribution board. I put money it’s software. Did it to someone else also

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The reset I saw seems directly related to Midnight madness. Did you have that going? If not, your issue may not be software. Try and make note of exactly what was going on when it reset if it happens again. That will help Dwight immensely.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The reset I saw seems directly related to Midnight madness. Did you have that going? If not, your issue may not be software. Try and make note of exactly what was going on when it reset if it happens again. That will help Dwight immensely.

All I can say is that is was deep into game. During storage facility multiball plus mode scene. And only when score was over a billion. Never happens with a score less than that. Never ever happened with previous code with scores over a billion. I don’t score a billion plus ever time. Maybe 1 in 30 games.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

All I can say is that is was deep into game. During storage facility multiball plus mode scene. And only when score was over a billion. Never happens with a score less than that. Never ever happened with previous code with scores over a billion. I don’t score a billion plus ever time. Maybe 1 in 30 games.

Like I said. The game is well kept, never overplayed or left on. 7 months old played many a good game and this only happened after the new code was installed last weekend. It’s not voltage from outlet, the surge protector, the power distribution board, node board. Swapped out for Munsters boards and same thing happened. 3 times total on 1 week. And only on billion plus scores

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I doubt its a power issue. I find it very strange to think that a power issue would make the machine shutdown and restart itself. Usually with power issues you notice a lack of power, not a resetting of the system.

Topper. That’s it

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Plenty of games have reset issues with power issues. I believe he said it is happening when he has over a billion points and the game is going nuts...so just trying to gather all the facts.

Swapped boards and it happened. Once

#98 4 years ago

How could it not be something with the code if it hadn’t happened before. And as I said I’ve played 102 cans of the old code and it never happened and now it’s happening. And I switched out the Power distribution board and it happen. When I look at what has changed the only thing that is changed is the code. I love the code to but I don’t like it we setting during the game

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it being a code issue is possible. But your over a billion theory is not correct as others have stated no issues with those types of scores. So not a code issue with over a billion scores. Keep playing and try to reproduce and remember exactly what series of events led to the reset.

Ok. I will. Try tonight. And I’m off Friday. I really do appreciate the help. It must be as you get further up the ladder hence your scores are higher the further you go you’re probably right
I’ll pay closer attention to what actually is going on.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There are a few buys in the code, we have been finding them and reporting to Stern. I am sure another update will be out soon.
Report your issues to Stern and see what they say.
Have you tried re-installing the code and doing a full install? We will be doing that and if that does not fix some of our bugs, we will be putting the old code back in for now.

Yep. Re installed. Spoke with stern tech and they Forwarded my email to the engineers
I also copied and paste people that were having the same issue with rebooting with the new code. I appreciate the help

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

With all the new interest in GB any chance Stern will make a new batch of toppers?

Maybe. But you might want to reconsider considering the Munsters topper nightmare!

#105 4 years ago

The first one I got after a three month wait came to me internally in pieces. I finally got one yesterday working. It is pretty cool I asked Stern to send me return shipping for the other and they sent me the new one without any return shipping so now I have one that works and one that doesn’t work

1 week later
#135 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

My premium on soft flipper power is getting far fewer airballs.

Agree. Did the same. Game is awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sebastian88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-new-code-116-opinions?tu=sebastian88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.