You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2038EC22-B6F4-4152-9177-33664872E0AA (resized).png
71518035_2569906753030885_9079203445155561472_n (resized).jpg
71010727_2569906683030892_1695035785696247808_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 11.44.09 AM (resized).png
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it being a code issue is possible. But your over a billion theory is not correct as others have stated no issues with those types of scores. So not a code issue with over a billion scores. Keep playing and try to reproduce and remember exactly what series of events led to the reset.

Ok. I will. Try tonight. And I’m off Friday. I really do appreciate the help. It must be as you get further up the ladder hence your scores are higher the further you go you’re probably right
I’ll pay closer attention to what actually is going on.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There are a few buys in the code, we have been finding them and reporting to Stern. I am sure another update will be out soon.
Report your issues to Stern and see what they say.
Have you tried re-installing the code and doing a full install? We will be doing that and if that does not fix some of our bugs, we will be putting the old code back in for now.

Yep. Re installed. Spoke with stern tech and they Forwarded my email to the engineers
I also copied and paste people that were having the same issue with rebooting with the new code. I appreciate the help

#103 4 years ago

With all the new interest in GB any chance Stern will make a new batch of toppers?

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

With all the new interest in GB any chance Stern will make a new batch of toppers?

Maybe. But you might want to reconsider considering the Munsters topper nightmare!

#105 4 years ago

The first one I got after a three month wait came to me internally in pieces. I finally got one yesterday working. It is pretty cool I asked Stern to send me return shipping for the other and they sent me the new one without any return shipping so now I have one that works and one that doesn’t work

#106 4 years ago

You should film your games. Set up a go pro ....then you will have good filmic proofs.

#107 4 years ago

Having watched but not played the update, I think that failing to reimagine the mode play -by using more of the playfield features and diversifying how to progress through modes -was a big missed opportunity.

#108 4 years ago

Wow! I really want to play it with the new code now.

#109 4 years ago

Game froze up on the papa twitch stream this week, 37 min mark.

#110 4 years ago

I have created a 1.16 bug list if someone is interested.

Ghostbusters Bug report 1.16 PRO-Model
1. Add a alert sound for timers running out(Left captive balls)
2. Music within „AYAG Victory laps“ is to dim. Can barely be heard due to the „louder“ sounds effects.
3. Music is not properly stopped at the end of „AYAG“ victory laps. Plays during bonus count.
4. Left orbit skill shot cheat does still work. If you plunge the ball soft so it just rolls over the loop switch but doesn´t make it trough the gate behind Marshmallow-Man and then rolls back again over the loop switch. The skill shot is then still being awarded. ONLY if skill shot doesnt start a scene.
5. Add a sound effect for hurry-up time out for „light playfield multipliers“ at the captive balls.
6. Add a sound effect for „light playfield multipliers“ awarded from captive balls.
7. Extra ball light show shouldn´t play during multiballs. Even if it has a blow off. Balls are lost to easily.
8. Spook Central hurry-up still starts to early if you blow off the start sequence.
9. Add a flasher lightshow during Loopin supers. So the playfield is not so empty and dark.
Use the two red mars dome flashers at the ramp, they actually dont do much in the game. What about leting them each alternate double flash the whole time?
10. „light playfield multipliers“ being awarded incorrect from the captive balls.
If either „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer has been started. And during either of those timers the „light playfield multipliers“ timer is being started via a ramp shot. If then „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer times out and the balls are being reset, „light playfield multipliers“ is awarded when they shouldn´t be.
11. There are some lights missing at the start animation of Storage Facility multiball.
Library Lock Arrow(red)
Super Jackpot arrow(red)
Spinner Flasher(red)
Stay Puft(red)
12. During the swipe attract mode lamp effect and Bonus count. Some of the lights stay lit, when they should not be. Gear standup target light, depending on which were lit during gameplay.
13. Use the middle Ghost ladder 20,40,60,80,100 during „WARTBY“ to indicate how much ghosts have been collected.
14. Speed up the blink frequency of the right arrow light. When the „River of Slime“ timer runs out.
15. Gear target, Captive ball(left and middle) and River of Slime timers are not properly held if ball is sitting in left scoop, left up-post or subway. For example the ball is being held at the subway to indicate 10 Ghosts collected Storage Facility is lit. The timers can run out.
16. Rework multiball ball save feature. If balls are being kicked out at the left or right scoop. A ballsaver activates for a few seconds and saves drained balls. It´s possible to save multiple balls during one ballsave timer.
-Limit the amount of balls being saved to 1 ball per save.
-Limit the amount of ball saves started via scoops during multiball to 3 or make it adjustable.
17. God mode Adjustments.
-If Game mode is set to God mode, add an adjustment to disable this after a power cycle.
-Add an adjustment for starting God mode via key combination. Both flippers then start. So it can be played on location. Also would be nice to add a display advertisement lets say "Are you a God? Hold both flipperbuttons and press start. To proof you really are!"
18. „light playfield multipliers“ are being awarded via the captive balls, without shooting the captive ball around the loop. Just hitting the ball slightly is enough? Is this on purpose or an issue?
19. Slimer slime is erasing River of Slime shots. If there were some River of Slime shots lit and you hit slimer. The purple slime gets exchanged by green slime? Is this on purpose? Or should both shots stay lit?
20. Slimer is not ending skill shot. If the ghost target is hit to start slimer at the beginning of the ball. Skill shot is still available for collecting. Shouldn´t it end the skill shot?
21. (PRO only) Right ramp registering two hits instead of one, if a ball is being shoot up the right ramp slowly. One of the 3 inline switches registers a hit, if the ball starts then rolling slowly back down the lower exit switch registers another hit.
22. Add a little Slimer multiball. If in Mainplay and ladders are ready to start a mission. Hit the Ghost target 4 times to spell Ghost (G always spelled) and start a little two ball multiball. Without add-a-balls.
23. Librarian mini mode should not be allowed to start during active scenes.
24. There are some lights missing at the extra ball awarded animation.
Stay Puft(Green)
Stay Puft(White)
25. Left captive balls award „light Storage Facility“ even when the final Storage Facility shot is already lit.
-“light Storage Facility“ timer also keeps running during SF multiball if “light Storage Facility“ timer has been started before SF Multiball start. “light Storage Facility“ can be awarded during multiball.
26. Pict-o-pops do award add time when there is nothing to add time.
27. If bonus is maxed at 20X and PKE lanes are completed again. Add an reward.
28. Rework Playfield multiplier rule. These are way to easy to get. So scores went through the roof to quick and easy.
29. Sometimes left captive balls start both „light Storage Facility“ and „light Super Jackpot“ timers at the same time. Also gives out both awards with the same shot.
30. After finishing WARTBY the ball should not be auto plunged at the start of AYAG.
31. The sound quality of some sounds is worse. For example the new speech calls at "Who brought the dog" might be an software issue?
32. Some of the new music and sound effects are played at different volumes.
33. Backbox lightning effects are sometimes reversed to the GI lamp effects. For example at the start of AYAG.
34. Ladder modes are not properly awarded. When the ball drains during grace period after mode timer has run out.
35. Left captive balls give out gear award when „light playfield multipliers“ is collected.
36. If god mode adjustment is changed to normal mode, while in god mode bonus count. You can keep playing a normal game on ball 2 with the score achieved in god mode.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I noticed this right away as it was something that has always bothered me. I too assumed it would have been addressed. I had an email exchange with Chas about it yesterday to see if he could get an answer from Dwight and Team on if it will ever be addressed. He did confirm he passed the message along but not sure if I'll actually hear anything back. Hope they do remedy.

I looked closer and can tell the 'glitch screen' is supposed to be your score, which would make since to display there since the last thing before the glitch is your Total Bonus, so your Total Score should be next. Instead it goes to the next ball and you have to wait for the Skill Shot screen to go away before you find out what your score is. As much as ppl made a point about how GB never shows your score this would be a great place to accommodate that = its there they just need to let it display for more than a fraction of a second.
I also think it would make since for the Instant Info to show you how many ghosts you have, especially since it flies through that info at the end of your ball... sometimes you want to know how close you are to mass hysteria! /:

#112 4 years ago

Have any of you guys played the God Mode on it yet? Any thoughts? It think it's kinda cool. I wish Stern would continuously update game code on their machines to add new features, modes, etc for all their games for a few years after release. More of these alternate play modes would be awesome. I feel like the software on Star Wars is a little weak gameplay-wise. I brought this up a couple times with various Stern employees and they don't seem to see the value in it. I think it was Trudeau, was saying at one of the pinball expos that the black inserts with the plastic guides in the ball drains were supposedly going to contain motorized Proton Pack guns that would shoot some kind of light show onto the table. They were supposedly cut due to costs or engineering issues. If that was true, I wish they would have made it or at least made it an optional buy option at this point.

#113 4 years ago

anyone noticed the following sound glitch? Im not sure when it happens.
its the classical GB sound (start melody of "who you gonna call?") when you collect the skillshot.
this sound plays at certain situations twice, offeset, overlayed by it self.
Do you know how to reproduce it?

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I think the sound has gotten worse with the update. You cannot change the base.I changed all the speakers to jbl, before the update it sounded great. Anyone else that think the sound isn't as good as it was?

There is no adjustment for bass on the cabinet speaker. It was accidentally left out.

#115 4 years ago

Anyone notice that the physical knocker option has disappeared?

#116 4 years ago

Anyone noticed weaker flippers during multiball?
It feels about -30% ish.
I wonder if this is on purpose to reduce crazy flying balls.

I run my game on medium flipper strength.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Anyone notice that the physical knocker option has disappeared?

It’s still there. I have a physical knocker in GB and it works. You have to go back in the menu to enable it... it’s off by default.

#118 4 years ago

Anyone else notice the audio quality of some of the new dialogue especially the stuff from Rick Moranis is very poor quality?

Were there any new animations added? I played through a couple games were I progressed pretty far and while I heard new stuff, I didn’t see anything on the color dmd other than some text that needs color.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Quoted from marspinball:

Maybe. But you might want to reconsider considering the Munsters topper nightmare!

The GB topper works fine, no issues like what happened with Munsters. The new code update actually made it more interactive. If they make more, buy one. You wont regret it.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

My game resets now when you get deep into the game the display actually says game resetting it only happens when you get deep into the game has this happened to you my games lesson a year old it never did it with the old code

Before the update, my game would reset whenever the game was going crazy (particularly during Mass Hysteria). Got to a point where I let the game sit unplayed for ages, waiting for new code.

Have now had 12 games on the new code (4 games with 3 people), and no resets yet. Last game I played was a 4B point game that went through nearly everything, so I feel a bit more confident that playing GB won't lead to a disappointing reset...fingers crossed (hopefully not the streams).

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It feels about -30% ish.

I haven’t noticed this at all, and I doubt that would be intentional.

I would test at different strengths to see if it makes a difference. Are you getting the right voltage from the outlet? I also know that with Ghostbusters, if the end of stroke switch registers open and closed from vibration, it can give you weak flips. You can figure this out in switch test by banging on the playfield and see if they trigger. I couldn’t make mine register perfectly so I bent the switch so it was always open and the problem went away. (The better fix would be to replace the switch with once that registers consistently).

#122 4 years ago

I just got to spend some time on the new code. Big improvement! Feels much more polished and cohesive.

My only gripe is the music. Some of the tracks are just too quiet. Oh well. Not that big of a deal.

#123 4 years ago

I noticed the scream feature was weak as hell. Didn’t scare me at all, or make the hairs on my arms stand like it normally does.

The volume is certainly lower than it was before. This game was LOUD. No bass controls for the cab speaker, wtf?

Overall, I’ll take the improvements over what was sorta messed up.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It feels about -30% ish.

I get weak flippers once in a while where I didn’t before.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I just got to spend some time on the new code. Big improvement! Feels much more polished and cohesive.
My only gripe is the music. Some of the tracks are just too quiet. Oh well. Not that big of a deal.

Are you running custom? I don't have any volume issues on my custom for prem and le so you shouldn't have any lower volume. It's not a Stern problem

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I haven’t noticed this at all, and I doubt that would be intentional.
I would test at different strengths to see if it makes a difference. Are you getting the right voltage from the outlet? I also know that with Ghostbusters, if the end of stroke switch registers open and closed from vibration, it can give you weak flips. You can figure this out in switch test by banging on the playfield and see if they trigger. I couldn’t make mine register perfectly so I bent the switch so it was always open and the problem went away. (The better fix would be to replace the switch with once that registers consistently).

thanks i guess i have to check this again. i already killed a fuse by short circuit, i have no idea where to put the voltmeters cables
which switch do you mean, the one from the buttons or the EOS?
Vibrations seems to make sense, since in MB everything is shaking permanently from the shaker motor.

i have had weak flippers before, if a ball hits the flipper perfect at the end, best angle for maximum force.
i cleaned all switches and bent those EOS switches a tiny bit. it helped in that case.

Quoted from PinLen83:

I noticed the scream feature was weak as hell. Didn’t scare me at all, or make the hairs on my arms stand like it normally does.
The volume is certainly lower than it was before. This game was LOUD. No bass controls for the cab speaker, wtf?
Overall, I’ll take the improvements over what was sorta messed up.

what i noticed they did on the sound is, they added one lower volume step. So volume 1 feels now 50% less loud. Good for my familiy!
Also the bass only activates at volume step 2, at step 1 only the backbox speakers are working.

Another bug i found is that the Scoleri Brothers occasionally wont come out at SFMB, or they wont come out after i shot them down.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

which switch do you mean, the one from the buttons or the EOS?

EOS

If vibration causes it to open and close quickly, it could be causing weak flips.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s still there. I have a physical knocker in GB and it works. You have to go back in the menu to enable it... it’s off by default.

Thanks
Yes, my fault, I missed it

#129 4 years ago

Has anyone experienced fewer airballs due to the new code allowing flipper and auto launch power adjustments? I am buying a NIB Pro this week and wanted to be prepared.

#130 4 years ago

My premium on soft flipper power is getting far fewer airballs.

#131 4 years ago

I play with medium power flippers and the game seems a lot more controllable and less of a drain monster. Stern have done a top job with this update.

#132 4 years ago

I made my flipper power to lowest setting. Can still backhand left ramp. Overall seems much improved.

#133 4 years ago
2038EC22-B6F4-4152-9177-33664872E0AA (resized).png2038EC22-B6F4-4152-9177-33664872E0AA (resized).png
#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Has anyone experienced fewer airballs due to the new code allowing flipper and auto launch power adjustments? I am buying a NIB Pro this week and wanted to be prepared.

yes, set flipper power to medium, tough eject power at the lowest, reduce auto plunger power too.
i still recommend to install an airball protector infront of the scoleris or you can install the angled brackets.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

My premium on soft flipper power is getting far fewer airballs.

Agree. Did the same. Game is awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-new-code-116-opinions/page/3?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.