You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2038EC22-B6F4-4152-9177-33664872E0AA (resized).png
71518035_2569906753030885_9079203445155561472_n (resized).jpg
71010727_2569906683030892_1695035785696247808_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 11.44.09 AM (resized).png
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

That was my point...

That isn't much of a point to make.

A good game is still very much earned, it's just *a lot* more points than it was before. It's not like people are going to be competing or comparing scores across different versions of the game. You said the point inflation was "concerning", and that makes no sense. Who cares? Do you not like larger numbers? Afraid the high score won't be able to fit on the display?

#52 4 years ago

The new code update although I love it , now my fairly new Ghostbusters resets if you get deep into the game has anyone else had this issue

#53 4 years ago

Anyone waiting for the closed gap vault edition to be announced? Nothing on the radar yet but it does seem like a logical next step.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I love the new code. I wouldn't change a thing. Well done Dwight.

My game resets now when you get deep into the game the display actually says game resetting it only happens when you get deep into the game has this happened to you my games lesson a year old it never did it with the old code

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Still is. Just 3x single SJPs you collect in succession. Way better now imo.

How? Just let me collect and get on with it.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

My game resets now when you get deep into the game the display actually says game resetting it only happens when you get deep into the game has this happened to you my games lesson a year old it never did it with the old code

How deep? Like AYAG deep?

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How deep? Like AYAG deep?

We came we saw. And later it was during backoff man and storage facility multi ball/ same time. A lot going on. Both times today I was at 1 billion plus. So pretty deep. A crappy game didn’t happen. Never ever happened with old code. Do you think I should reinstall and re-download

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

We came we saw. And later it was during backoff man and storage facility multi ball/ same time. A lot going on. Both times today I was at 1 billion plus. So pretty deep. A crappy game didn’t happen. Never ever happened with old code. Do you think I should reinstall and re-downloadWhat’s ayag

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

We came we saw. And later it was during backoff man and storage facility multi ball/ same time. A lot going on. Both times today I was at 1 billion plus. So pretty deep. A crappy game didn’t happen. Never ever happened with old code. Do you think I should reinstall and re-download

I don’t think it will hurt. I haven’t had anything like that happen and I’ve had several 5 billion+ point games. Haven’t gotten to AYAG and feel like someone mentioned it reset on them when they got there but may have been in beta when it happened.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I don’t think it will hurt. I haven’t had anything like that happen and I’ve had several 5 billion+ point games. Haven’t gotten to AYAG and feel like someone mentioned it reset on them when they got there but may have been in beta when it happened.

Well thanks for your help my friend I really appreciate it. I’m a little frustrated because there was nothing wrong with my game like I said it’s only less than a-year-old Started acting up this week when I updated the new code it was when I had gotten into the billions in points and there was a lot going on
Please let me know if something similar happened to you. I totally love the new code and I think the game is awesome. But I’m not happy that my Games doing this now. I have five other new stones with no issues and I’ve done code updates on them it makes me wonder if it’s software

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How? Just let me collect and get on with it.

I want multiple shots at it. I’ll try and beef up my multipliers and left spinner before collecting it. If I accidentally hit it too early I got two more loaded up. Plus it’s like a mini looping super mode. Haha

#62 4 years ago

Had a good deep game tonight but have a question, probably dumb but here goes. My magna sling (left) was the only thing blinking and stayed on after hit. Anyone know why? Thanks

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want multiple shots at it. I’ll try and beef up my multipliers and left spinner before collecting it. If I accidentally hit it too early I got two more loaded up. Plus it’s like a mini looping super mode. Haha

Was just playing and wanted to jump back on to say that it is better splitting so you can build prior to collecting.....great minds.....

#64 4 years ago

first make sure to download the right version of the code pro/premium/LE if you have any problems.

#65 4 years ago

Spoke with Stern tech this morning.. new code causes game to reset when deep into game. I’m not the only person that they ve heard that from. Please email stern if you have this problem. You eventually will

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Spoke with Stern tech this morning.. new code causes game to reset when deep into game. I’m not the only person that they ve heard that from. Please email stern if you have this problem. You eventually will

I’ll be very interested to know what this is. I’ve seen 15+ games over a billion (with one over 12b and just a few shots away from Are You A God) without seeing this issue. So, it’s no guarantee. Maybe some specific combo of stuff makes it happen.

Does it seem like a software thing or a hardware thing? Not actually sure how you’d tell the difference.

Mine was in Competition Mode, so maybe derandomizing stuff avoids it?

#67 4 years ago

I own my Pro over 2 years now. Bought it nib. Made approx 3500 games on 1.13code without any reset. Made 150 games on 1.16 also without resets. So something is strange here.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

What model do you have?

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

What setting is it to disable the second extra ball?

I believe there's a setting for a second extra ball once 2 scenes are completed. Default is enabled which given the new default settings I think is too generous considering 2 scenes can be marked auto completed as long as they are attempted, not to mention shots can be spotted with the ghost target.

#70 4 years ago

Duplicate

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Mine was in Competition Mode, so maybe derandomizing stuff avoids it?

I don't think that's it, because mine is not in competition mode, and I've gotten deep in the game several times without any resetting issues. I had one game play thru all of the ladders nearly twice. Points were in double-digit B's. No hiccups in regular play, WCWS or WRTBY modes.

It seems machine/hardware specific if some people are having resets and some aren't. Hopefully Stern can replicate it and get it taken care of. I can't imagine finally getting the update we've been waiting for and not being able to play it through.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Just curious what settings on your game were changed? I had one that a flasher on right sling would stay on after several plays. Installed back to factory and all is good. It seems that if some unique feature adjustments are changed the code may get confused if that makes any sense?

#73 4 years ago

Anyone else notice that when your ball ends and it totals up your points you still get that split-second glitch screen right before it starts next ball? I thought surely that was a mistake in 1.13 that would finally be cleaned up with the new update.
Anyway Dwight and the Top Men really went above and beyond to try and please the crowd which is rather impressive in this day of corporate America, right up to giving everybody God Mode last min, great job guys!!

#74 4 years ago

Swapped out power distribution board. I put money it’s software. Did it to someone else also

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from PINPSYCHO:

I just downloaded the new code 2 days ago and wanted to see what other people thought about it. Like it over all but don't like the darkening of the play field lights during certain parts of the game. The arrows lighting up for the left ramp look cool but they didn't need to take away so much of the GI lighting during that. Makes the playfield very dark. The only other problem I had was that it made the stern shaker motor shake the game to the point it rattled the whole game and was so annoying I unplugged it. Went back in and changed the degree of the weights and fixed the problem.

I actually like how it does that. I think it looks awesome.

and yes! I had to turn my shaker down. Mines on Normal now and I still feel like its pretty heavy shaking..

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I have ghost target spotting for mode shots disabled and disabled scenes automatically continuing. I'll have to try your 1 ball save and no 2nd extra ball settings. Seems like theres too many extra balls at default settings.

Can you please explain what the Ghost Target Spotting is for? I havent had a chance to play around with the new code nearly as much as ive wanted and I have heard about this a few times from people.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Swapped out power distribution board. I put money it’s software. Did it to someone else also

The reset I saw seems directly related to Midnight madness. Did you have that going? If not, your issue may not be software. Try and make note of exactly what was going on when it reset if it happens again. That will help Dwight immensely.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The reset I saw seems directly related to Midnight madness. Did you have that going? If not, your issue may not be software. Try and make note of exactly what was going on when it reset if it happens again. That will help Dwight immensely.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

All I can say is that is was deep into game. During storage facility multiball plus mode scene. And only when score was over a billion. Never happens with a score less than that. Never ever happened with previous code with scores over a billion. I don’t score a billion plus ever time. Maybe 1 in 30 games.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

All I can say is that is was deep into game. During storage facility multiball plus mode scene. And only when score was over a billion. Never happens with a score less than that. Never ever happened with previous code with scores over a billion. I don’t score a billion plus ever time. Maybe 1 in 30 games.

Like I said. The game is well kept, never overplayed or left on. 7 months old played many a good game and this only happened after the new code was installed last weekend. It’s not voltage from outlet, the surge protector, the power distribution board, node board. Swapped out for Munsters boards and same thing happened. 3 times total on 1 week. And only on billion plus scores

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

3 times total on 1 week. And only on billion plus scores

Is your game a Premium? Do you have a topper, shaker motor, any power drawing mods out of curiosity?

#81 4 years ago

This is really minor and really dumb, but I want them to take the new callouts out from "Who Brought The Dog?":

(1) The new sound clips sound really bad. (Not counting the ones that were already attract mode sounds like "Boggle/Super Mario Bros.")
(2) Some of the new clips are not even from that scene of the movie?!
(3) They only changed the callouts for that mode and that mode only? (Because it is the one people complained about the most I guess...)

I can change them in Pinbrowser obviously and this is an extremely minor nitpick but it is annoying the shit out of me the more I think about it (and I thought it was fine the way it was originally... since that is like... the name of the mode and stuff.)

#82 4 years ago

I think the sound has gotten worse with the update. You cannot change the base.I changed all the speakers to jbl, before the update it sounded great. Anyone else that think the sound isn't as good as it was?

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Like I said. The game is well kept, never overplayed or left on. 7 months old played many a good game and this only happened after the new code was installed last weekend. It’s not voltage from outlet, the surge protector, the power distribution board, node board. Swapped out for Munsters boards and same thing happened. 3 times total on 1 week. And only on billion plus scores

Quoted from LouMatt:

Is your game a Premium? Do you have a topper, shaker motor, any power drawing mods out of curiosity?

I doubt its a power issue. I find it very strange to think that a power issue would make the machine shutdown and restart itself. Usually with power issues you notice a lack of power, not a resetting of the system.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I think the sound has gotten worse with the update. You cannot change the base.I changed all the speakers to jbl, before the update it sounded great. Anyone else that think the sound isn't as good as it was?

I have been thinking that also. I cannot seem to get my music and call outs the same as they were previously. Had to turn up the subwoofer also from where it was.

I also noticed that before the update, my machine was very loud at very low volume numbers. I used to compare that to my TWD machine as TWD would be much higher in the numbers to match GB. After the update, they are around the same now..

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have been thinking that also. I cannot seem to get my music and call outs the same as they were previously. Had to turn up the subwoofer also from where it was.
I also noticed that before the update, my machine was very loud at very low volume numbers. I used to compare that to my TWD machine as TWD would be much higher in the numbers to match GB. After the update, they are around the same now..

Exactly how I experience it. I have a Premium. Before this was the best game in terms of sound.

#86 4 years ago

I wish ColorDMD would chime in and at least let us know their update is being released soon. Really enjoying the new code. My highest score is 900 millionish so I need to practice.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I doubt its a power issue. I find it very strange to think that a power issue would make the machine shutdown and restart itself. Usually with power issues you notice a lack of power, not a resetting of the system.

Topper. That’s it

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I find it very strange to think that a power issue would make the machine shutdown and restart itself.

Plenty of games have reset issues with power issues. I believe he said it is happening when he has over a billion points and the game is going nuts...so just trying to gather all the facts.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Topper. That’s it

Try unplugging it...get over a billion, see what happens

#90 4 years ago

Anyone having issues with the right saucer(pro) kicking the ball back out? It will register that the shot was made, but then ball will just sit until ball search clears it.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Plenty of games have reset issues with power issues. I believe he said it is happening when he has over a billion points and the game is going nuts...so just trying to gather all the facts.

Really? Never knew that.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Anyone having issues with the right saucer(pro) kicking the ball back out? It will register that the shot was made, but then ball will just sit until ball search clears it.

My Pro has had zero issues with new code. I have the factory topper and factory shaker motor installed

#93 4 years ago

I think the fact that a few others have had this issue with the old code is something to keep note of as well. Myself included.... Only 1 time literally. And I have no mods..

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Anyone else notice that when your ball ends and it totals up your points you still get that split-second glitch screen right before it starts next ball? I thought surely that was a mistake in 1.13 that would finally be cleaned up with the new update.
Anyway Dwight and the Top Men really went above and beyond to try and please the crowd which is rather impressive in this day of corporate America, right up to giving everybody God Mode last min, great job guys!!

I noticed this right away as it was something that has always bothered me. I too assumed it would have been addressed. I had an email exchange with Chas about it yesterday to see if he could get an answer from Dwight and Team on if it will ever be addressed. He did confirm he passed the message along but not sure if I'll actually hear anything back. Hope they do remedy.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I haven't had any issues with the new code. I've gotten pretty deep into the game with 6 billion+ scores....I dunno.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This is very likely caused by a loose switch. The ball goes in and triggers the switch ever so briefly but the switch sinks downward so that it’s no longer closed anymore. The game thinks the ball has already left the area.

This happened early on to a lot of people on the left scoop, but the same principle would apply on the right side.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Swapped boards and it happened. Once

#98 4 years ago

How could it not be something with the code if it hadn’t happened before. And as I said I’ve played 102 cans of the old code and it never happened and now it’s happening. And I switched out the Power distribution board and it happen. When I look at what has changed the only thing that is changed is the code. I love the code to but I don’t like it we setting during the game

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

How could it not be something with the code if it hadn’t happened before.

I think it being a code issue is possible. But your over a billion theory is not correct as others have stated no issues with those types of scores. So not a code issue with over a billion scores. Keep playing and try to reproduce and remember exactly what series of events led to the reset.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

How could it not be something with the code if it hadn’t happened before. And as I said I’ve played 102 cans of the old code and it never happened and now it’s happening. And I switched out the Power distribution board and it happen. When I look at what has changed the only thing that is changed is the code. I love the code to but I don’t like it we setting during the game

There are a few bugs in the code, we have been finding them and reporting to Stern. I am sure another update will be out soon.

Report your issues to Stern and see what they say.

Have you tried re-installing the code and doing a full install? We will be doing that and if that does not fix some of our bugs, we will be putting the old code back in for now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 103.00
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-new-code-116-opinions/page/2?hl=olaa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.