You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2038EC22-B6F4-4152-9177-33664872E0AA (resized).png
71518035_2569906753030885_9079203445155561472_n (resized).jpg
71010727_2569906683030892_1695035785696247808_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 11.44.09 AM (resized).png
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

I just downloaded the new code 2 days ago and wanted to see what other people thought about it. Like it over all but don't like the darkening of the play field lights during certain parts of the game. The arrows lighting up for the left ramp look cool but they didn't need to take away so much of the GI lighting during that. Makes the playfield very dark. The only other problem I had was that it made the stern shaker motor shake the game to the point it rattled the whole game and was so annoying I unplugged it. Went back in and changed the degree of the weights and fixed the problem.

#2 4 years ago

Add a couple spotlights for the dark areas. I think overall it a huge improvement and in my opinion was worth the wait.

Quoted from PINPSYCHO:

I just downloaded the new code 2 days ago and wanted to see what other people thought about it. Like it over all but don't like the darkening of the play field lights during certain parts of the game. The arrows lighting up for the left ramp look cool but they didn't need to take away so much of the GI lighting during that. Makes the playfield very dark. The only other problem I had was that it made the stern shaker motor shake the game to the point it rattled the whole game and was so annoying I unplugged it. Went back in and changed the degree of the weights and fixed the problem.

#3 4 years ago

Love the new code - it’s a completely different game now. Dwight and crew did a great job.

By default, the shaker is set to maximum use. You can change the setting - I put it at moderate.

#4 4 years ago

I love the new code. I wouldn't change a thing. Well done Dwight.

#5 4 years ago

Yeah gotta say! It’s pretty sweet !
Nice job Dwight! Better late than never and it’s really good !

#6 4 years ago

STILL NO BALL LOCK INFORMATION ON THE PRO MODEL! Please! Tell me what ball is currently being locked!? 1st? 2nd? Last?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

STILL NO BALL LOCK INFORMATION ON THE PRO MODEL! Please! Tell me what ball is currently being locked!? 1st? 2nd? Last?

Isn't there a light on the storage facility plastic that indicates the number of balls locked?

#8 4 years ago

This. Green and Red.

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 11.44.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-28 at 11.44.09 AM (resized).png
#9 4 years ago

Thanks Aztarac. I already have it set on minimal. The only way I was able to correct the problem was to set the weights at a 90 but it did work so no longer a problem

#10 4 years ago

Thankful we got one.

#11 4 years ago

I installed the new code last night and played about a dozen games. Love it!!!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Add a couple spotlights for the dark areas. I think overall it a huge improvement and in my opinion was worth the wait.

Any ideas on where to power in the spotlights. I have a bunch of them here but can't tap in to the GIs because they dim out so much that the spotlights would be dim and not help the problem. I use Matrix on all of my machines so I don't have to do any hacking and even thought about tapping into the coin door lights but they go dim also at the same time everything else goes dim. It isn't a huge problem. The game looks fine when I turn the overhead lighting on in my game room just would like to light the game up with out lighting the whole room up.

#13 4 years ago

Simply put...Ghostbusters is now a masterpiece. Incredible code work by Dwight and team

I did make several tweaks though to make the game more challenging. The new default settings are too easy in my opinion.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Simply put...Ghostbusters is now a masterpiece. Incredible code work by Dwight and team
I did make several tweaks though to make the game more challenging. The new default settings are too easy in my opinion.

Are you going to start a new 1.16 bug collecting thread?

#15 4 years ago

It’s great. Used to be psyched when I got 150 mil. My buddy updated his Pro and we shot 5 and 9 billion respectively. So much easier to progress.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Are you going to start a new 1.16 bug collecting thread?

I don't have it in me lol.

#17 4 years ago

Now I think the problem I was having wasn't so much the darker play field but the flashers and the inserts flashing taking my eyes out of focus. My old eyes aren't what they use to be. I turned down the flasher power and insert power and their %s and can see the game a lot better now in a dark setting. Love what stern has done with all the things that you can fine adjust like the lighting,coils,speakers etc.

#18 4 years ago

GB Kicks Ass!!!

#19 4 years ago

Amazing amazing amazing update all around. I have a lot of thoughts, but no one cares lol.

One minor gripe: some of the new call-outs they added were not mixed properly and really stand out/sound bad. Specifically the new "Who Brought The Dog?" call-outs. (To be clear, I was not one of the people who cared about the same one being used all the time before. And they already had well-mixed attract mode call-outs from Louis so not sure why they slapped in some new ones on top of that. Very minor, but it is kind of annoying and sloppy and I hear them all the time now )

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Curious what you changed. I tried to change as little as possible while also cranking up the difficulty and settled on these:
• Ball saves per ball back to 1
• "Scene Continues" behavior
• No 2nd extra ball for completing scenes

#21 4 years ago

Just did update. Agree, even better now. I believe it is one of the most underrated games ever made. Although made the adjustment in menu for scene to continue at the end of ball. Don’t want it to be too easy

#22 4 years ago

The game rules!

#23 4 years ago

To chirp in with everyone else, this code has made the game. Full disclosure, I never minded the previous code, but not enough to buy it.

After playing the updated code I want this in my collection.

#24 4 years ago

I have pro. I feel there is no really difference. Got it new and I don’t regret it at all

#25 4 years ago

Between pro and LE. It’s the color dmd that’s a must

#26 4 years ago

I want to play the new code but might be back in on a premium. I was very frustrated early in and sold mine within 3 weeks of buying.

I loved the magna slings and the over under ramp for storage facility, so premium all the way baby!!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It’s great. Used to be psyched when I got 150 mil. My buddy updated his Pro and we shot 5 and 9 billion respectively. So much easier to progress.

This is my biggest concern with the new code. It feels like points and progress are being given to me...not earned. I scored 3B with only three modes of progress. All of those points came from WCWS and SFMB. Extra Balls have also increased, which makes scoring easier as well.

IMHO the old code and the new code have to be mixed.

#28 4 years ago

My right slingshot flashers are now stuck on. I got about 5 games in with 1.16 before this started and never had issue on previous software. They used to reset after bonus and go away for awhile but now they come back on at next ball. I assume this isn't a feature? Uploading vid to YouTube soon.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This is my biggest concern with the new code. It feels like points and progress are being given to me...not earned. I scored 3B with only three modes of progress. All of those points came from WCWS and SFMB. Extra Balls have also increased, which makes scoring easier as well.

What you are mentioning is adjustable in the settings. You can make it harder to finish the modes like before.

#30 4 years ago

Played a few games last night, I liked it!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

My right slingshot flashers are now stuck on. I got about 5 games in with 1.16 before this started and never had issue on previous software. They used to reset after bonus and go away for awhile but now they come back on at next ball. I assume this isn't a feature? Uploading vid to YouTube soon.

Alright I did factory reset and reloaded software and that fixed it for the better part of an hour of constant play. Then it happened again. This time I did factory reset and the problem went away again and seems to be gone with factory settings only. I did play around with a number of new adjustments in the menu plus I have all EB's off etc so maybe it's a configuration that most people don't play with.

#32 4 years ago

AMAZING!!!!!!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I want to play the new code but might be back in on a premium. I was very frustrated early in and sold mine within 3 weeks of buying.
I loved the magna slings and the over under ramp for storage facility, so premium all the way baby!!

Hey Troy,
Good luck finding one! I gave up and so going Pro for now.

#34 4 years ago

I posted this in the other thread and sent it through to Dwight as well

Had a good session with the kids (they love the God Mode) and I noticed 2 bugs during "God Mode" and reported them to Dwight, so keep an eye on them and confirm if it happens with you guys as well.

Bug 1 - left flip + start does not end the game in “God Mode” when at the 2nd and 3rd player point on 2 occasions just added another player

Bug 2 - if you are playing 2 player “God Mode” and during the 2nd player the start is pushed to allow a 3rd player it adds Player 3 BUT it also adds an extra ball / turn to the 2nd player after their God Mode turn is completed but the extra ball is in a regular game and lights mode and not in a “God Mode” - we let it drain and then 3rd player god mode starts as regular. We had this same sort of thing happen a couple of random times as well when we started the comp with 3 - 4 players from the beginning before player 1 starts and it added the weird extra ball after the god mode of player 2 on 2 occassions. So there seems a random bug between player 2 and 3.

I haven't played much of the regular game mode and was played like crap so didn't see much change yet but I noticed some of the minor changes at the lower end.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Just did update. Agree, even better now. I believe it is one of the most underrated games ever made. Although made the adjustment in menu for scene to continue at the end of ball. Don’t want it to be too easy

Glad you mentioned that. I went back in and looked at the options for the scenes and thought I had it on the harder 1. Didn't see the scenes continue but just the last scene continue before. Like the scene continue much better and gives it a little more of a challenge.I just found this game still in the box about 4 months ago and I think it is 1 of the best pins in my collection,even before this new update. This game has no disappointment for me at all.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You will score in the billions more frequently, but don't be confused by that being a great score anymore. This game can be blown up for 100 billion now by mortals.

#37 4 years ago

Had just as much fun building stuff for this 1 as playing it. Game comes loaded but needed to add a little piece of me to it.

71010727_2569906683030892_1695035785696247808_n (resized).jpg71010727_2569906683030892_1695035785696247808_n (resized).jpg71518035_2569906753030885_9079203445155561472_n (resized).jpg71518035_2569906753030885_9079203445155561472_n (resized).jpg
#38 4 years ago

I really like the new code. It still kicks my ass...but I get to see more and it leads to new more interesting strategies in scoring. I also like the ability to change flipper strength as well as flasher and insert brightness.
The default setting on the scene continue is fine for me but it's nice to have it if you want it. Ghostbusters was always a great package but now it's a real player.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from PINPSYCHO:

Glad you mentioned that. I went back in and looked at the options for the scenes and thought I had it on the harder 1. Didn't see the scenes continue but just the last scene continue before. Like the scene continue much better and gives it a little more of a challenge.I just found this game still in the box about 4 months ago and I think it is 1 of the best pins in my collection,even before this new update. This game has no disappointment for me at all.

Quoted from PINPSYCHO:

I totally agree. Out of all the pins I have, ghostbusters is so much fun. I think it’s better than Munsters. Didn’t have a problem with the original code. Must say, the lights and call outs are way better. Normal flipper strength is better. The default is strong and it’s not necessary... it’s too much.

#40 4 years ago

What were the major changes in the code? Pardon my laziness—I’m sure they are listed in detail somewhere. Are modes no longer in the same order? Were the skill shots changed? I really liked owning the game but sold it after I couldn’t wait any longer for an update.

#41 4 years ago

I don’t own GB anymore but am glad you guys finally got the update you deserved. So much potential in that game, can’t wait to play.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

What were the major changes in the code? Pardon my laziness—I’m sure they are listed in detail somewhere. Are modes no longer in the same order? Were the skill shots changed? I really liked owning the game but sold it after I couldn’t wait any longer for an update.

It’s much easier to start modes now and when you lose a ball the mode ends.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It’s much easier to start modes now and when you lose a ball the mode ends.

I just read the change log. Looks like the wait might have paid off.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Curious what you changed. I tried to change as little as possible while also cranking up the difficulty and settled on these:
• Ball saves per ball back to 1
• "Scene Continues" behavior
• No 2nd extra ball for completing scenes

I have ghost target spotting for mode shots disabled and disabled scenes automatically continuing. I'll have to try your 1 ball save and no 2nd extra ball settings. Seems like theres too many extra balls at default settings.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I have ghost target spotting for mode shots disabled and disabled scenes automatically continuing. I'll have to try your 1 ball save and no 2nd extra ball settings. Seems like theres too many extra balls at default settings.

What setting is it to disable the second extra ball?

#46 4 years ago

Scolleri brothers no longer 3XSJP? SMH

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I totally agree. Out of all the pins I have, ghostbusters is so much fun. I think it’s better than Munsters. Didn’t have a problem with the original code. Must say, the lights and call outs are way better. Normal flipper strength is better. The default is strong and it’s not necessary... it’s too much.

Yeah I think GB is in a total different league than Munsters. Liking Munsters in my opinion has to do a lot with how old you are and if you can relate to the tv show.Simple in play also compared to many of the other titles.I own 1 but I wouldn't recommend it to people who only have room for a machine or 2. The play field didn't offer very much eye appeal to me as far as toys. The art work I think is awesome. I built more mods for it than I have on any of my other machines and got a lot of enjoyment doing that.But GB is 1 of the few games that keeps me from right away going back to my 90s Bally williams games.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

You will score in the billions more frequently, but don't be confused by that being a great score anymore. This game can be blown up for 100 billion now by mortals.

That was my point...

#49 4 years ago

One thing I would change back to the old way if I could is looping supers. It doesn't stack with other modes anymore and it basically stops the game when it's ready until you start and complete it. I thought it was fine combined with other modes and I don't like risking a ball to complete a non ladder mode just because I'm forced to.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Scolleri brothers no longer 3XSJP? SMH

Still is. Just 3x single SJPs you collect in succession. Way better now imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 103.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-new-code-116-opinions/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.