(Topic ID: 170268)

Ghostbusters new ball/ Glo ball question.

By Magicchiz

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Schwaggs
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20161005_105935 (resized).jpg
20161005_105911 (resized).jpg
20161005_105919 (resized).jpg
20161005_110512 (resized).jpg
20161005_110451 (resized).jpg
pink (resized).jpg
green (resized).jpg
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Ok so looking it appears that the captive ball on the GB is not a normal Newton ball. So I am assuming I can put the glow balls in there. Anyone done this and is there any loss of momentum with the covered glo-balls instead of a normal pinball?
Magicchiz

#2 2 years ago

Sorry topic should have said Newton Ball. Or captive ball
Magicchiz

#3 2 years ago

Nope glo balls look great and don't inhibit function at all.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Nope glo balls look great and don't inhibit function at all.

Yup I have them too, no issues and they look great!

#5 2 years ago

Good enough, wow so easy to change. You can tell I am used to bally williams and newton balls. Didnt think I could chage them. My first new in box pin, and 2nd stern.
Magicchiz

They look great.

#6 2 years ago

I was thinking of doing this too. Would love to see a picture to see how they look.

#7 2 years ago

Here is the only photo I have that shows the captive balls somewhat.
We used 3 green on the left and one pink on the right.

IMG_2821 (resized).JPG

Edit..
Found the photo's we did with the Mezels at Texas Pinball Festival back in March.

green (resized).jpg

pink (resized).jpg

#9 2 years ago

Ok so I need to go get some pictures but I changed out the front ball from silver to glo green and pink. Looks really good. That was what I was talking about in the original post. Weather to leave the front ones regular silver or change them.
I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.
Magicchiz

#10 2 years ago

I have seen this as well and it looks great I did not have enough of either globals to do this but plan on buying a couple more

#11 2 years ago

where do you buy those balls ?

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjm:

where do you buy those balls ?

Mezel mods

#13 2 years ago

This was talked about in the main GB owners thread. I think people are getting a little mixed up here about what you actually asked. The general consensus in that thread, was that actually replacing the front captive ball does cause problems. You will lose momentum and it will make it harder to push the balls into their target if your front ball is a glo ball. I tried this on mine as well, and came to the same conclusion. Luckily, they were easy enough to swap back the standard pinball into the front of each captive section.

#14 2 years ago

Yes.....I too, needed to leave the Metal front ball for Energy transfer.
The Glo balls, appear to fly over a bit easier, and I have noticed I dont get the "streak"
in the middle of the clear plastic cover as easily, as I do with metal.....OCD...drives me a little crazy!

#15 2 years ago

Still trying to figure out if that is true.
Magicchiz

20161005_110451 (resized).jpg

20161005_110512 (resized).jpg

#16 2 years ago

I am also trying out a few things on the rails just to see if there is much difference. Or just another nudge chance before a side drain.
One is hard to see. I only had black post rubbers to cut one up. So it would be to just cut and place a post rubber over the larger of the out rail. With nothing on the inside smaller rail. The second is the glow titans on both. Seem to work well and even with it split at back they have not popped off yet.

20161005_105919 (resized).jpg

20161005_105911 (resized).jpg

20161005_105935 (resized).jpg

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Still trying to figure out if that is true.
Magicchiz

Any luck using glo-balls in the newton cage? I was thinking about doing this too, but figured I'd ask before buying them.

#18 2 years ago

Well I have taken out the regular balls and replaced with balls in the cage with glo balls. With a direct hit I am not seeing a big difference. Although I may put the regular ones back in and see if I get any easier shots or glancing shots on the regular ones better. The glo balls sure do look better. I have no issues with the librarian captive ball and glo. It is interesting that I had replaced my Rays Ball busters to blue glo balls in my BBB. I find there is just a little drag to them. I think it is because of the coating. I think it might be the same with the green ones due to having to go up and around the loop and having to transfer momentum thru 3 balls.
I say try Glo. but each to their own.
Magicchiz

Boy is it a tough shot those green ones.
JC

#19 2 years ago

Thanks!
One more quick question. Are the green glo-balls the "Monster Green" or "Lightning Yellow"?

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Thanks!
One more quick question. Are the green glo-balls the "Monster Green" or "Lightning Yellow"?

They are the Monster Green.

3 months later
#21 2 years ago

Has anybody used the "Glow in the dark" green Glow-balls instead of the fluorescent green Glow-balls? If so, how do they look, do they really glow in the dark?

Thanks

#22 2 years ago

I have the glow balls in the front position and notice zero difference in energy transfer. Could it be that the people that have an issue are clamping the front ball down too tight? I left mine a little looser, with some effort, you can turn the ball in the mount.

Also, it looks WAAAAAY cooler to have the front ball colored!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside