image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trunchbull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 8 years ago

The GB theme just makes me want to listen to Huey Lewis and the News.

#152 8 years ago

Got a chance to play on location last night, it's great but the previously mentioned grievances definitely applied. I had at least five airball drains in ten games, which was kind of a bummer, a couple bouncing over the flippers but the majority doing a nifty little hop over the outlane rails. The popup targets rarely registered and more often just stayed up for a while, blocking shots until the mode ended. The flipper gap is a real pain, especially when the ball just kind of dribbles out of the pops and goes clean down the middle. Sadly, the arcade had their stereo up too loud for me to hear any of the game music but I caught a bit of the theme song, which was pretty rad.

Agreeing on the awkward blend of 3D video and 2D art. Part of the charm of the DMD as a format is the low-res animation (eg, the castle wiggling around before it explodes in MM, or the add-a-ball in WH20's whirlpool challenge, or anything with the dog in WCS), and the post-converted 3D-to-2D animation looks kind of cheap in comparison, especially when they're side by side. It's too bad, too, because some of the 2D animation is terrific (the spooked librarian is great), but that's a minor nitpick.

Curious to put more games in and see where the action leads, and hopefully on a table that's properly leveled (come on, guys, it's literally right out of the box, get it together).

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Out of the right side? This shouldn't happen...the game might be unlevel.
I've had some out of the left exist of the pops, but I wouldn't describe it as "dibbling".

Out of the left side, yeah - out the right was fine. Not sure what was going on up there but more than once it seemed to kind of slowly roll out and go right down the middle. The machine had a slant to the right, though (which made trapping on the left flipper almost impossible) so maybe when level it's not an issue.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where are all these center drains coming from? Slimer or the GHOST targets? I didn't see it.

That and the left bumper exit were where all mine were coming from, and they went right down the middle.

#422 7 years ago

The flipper gap worries me less than the balls hopping over the outlanes, but hopefully with time that'll become less of an issue.

#480 7 years ago

I'm definitely looking forward to getting more play in on this game, but I do hope either there'll be fewer outlane-hopping airballs as the machines age or operators put in some of mod for that. It'll be interesting to see a strategy develop. Finding out what NOT to hit seems important.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

To play GB right. It has to be level. Checked on the playfield and not use the bubble in the machine.

Sadly the one I played on had a bit of a tilt to the right, which meant a lot of STDM drains that probably wouldn't have been an issue otherwise, so this is definitely important (as if it ever isn't, haha).

1 month later
#803 7 years ago

To be fair, that's like, every mode-based pin, but most incentivize it by making the sub-modes in the wizard mode worth more when you've actually done work on the modes getting there. I actually didn't know you had to finish every mode on GB - do you have to totally restart, or just pick up where you left off? Imagine having to hit all the GREED targets on TZ before you can move on.

#810 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It works in Road Show though since the game is physically easy. And has continues. No one has ever complained about not being able to see the West coast in Road Show.

You also don't have to complete the modes, thankfully, though Red will insult you if you do nothing. What's the end-of-tour payoff in GB? Road Show also has way, way more callouts, and the modes are really "present" when you're in one, which I think kinda helps get over the linearity fatigue.

#828 7 years ago

My issue is less with the flipper gap (annoying but work-around-able) and more with the sparse gameplay.

#882 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes: 2 ramps, 2 eject holes, 2 drop targets, 2 captive balls, bash toy, 3 rollover lanes, double inlanes, outer orbit, inner orbit, etc, etc, etc = sparse gameplay.

I mean more re: modes, callouts, general action that's not just what you're doing on the playfield. The playfield's cool enough, but the action feels kinda disconnected from the story, and you get all these dead spots where it's just you, the ball, and the music, which is OK but for a pin based off a comedy I was expecting a lot more, you know comedy. Nothing funny happens in Who Brought The Dog, or We Got One, it's just action that happens that references an event in the movie, as if the reference itself were enough to be entertaining.

#924 7 years ago

It's funny because I do play it every time I see it, and I probably will down the line because I enjoy the playfield and music, but I wish the game were more irreverent in its modes. "Stop the books from floating back and forth"? What? And when you do something in a mode, nothing of note happens, which is weird because this seems like a theme begging for a ton of funny visual imagery, which I'm really missing. It's a bummer! I think they were a little bit hamstrung by the dry humor of the film (all the callouts from it feel very subdued).

#968 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Bottom line is Pinside is the end-all be-all of the pinball world.

Don't say dirty things, God might hear you.

#992 7 years ago

This thread is one dropped bottle of olive oil from an extremely cathartic orgy.

#1007 7 years ago

Are you people edging before you post or something?

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Aw, honey, forty years of being old enough to play pinball and you've never heard of edging?

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

No. Sorry. And I don't have an issue with you, do you have to have an issue with me? Or is my disagreeing with Edgy Levis so horrible to your delicate constitution?

No, it's just a joke, lmao.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 103.00
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trunchbull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-my-half-ass-review?tu=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.