Topic Stats

• 1,084 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F2000_(resized).JPG
ColorLED_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Super fast game, and drainy. Though not really down the middle - you miss, the ball sails into the outlanes. I predict a strong market of "outlane extenders" for people who aren't good at pinball.

This mirrors my review I posted when I played the protos at Amusement Expo in Vegas.

Very drainy game, and as another poster said in another post, I have had a number of balls jump the lanes and drain. Some people here are going to find it very frustrating.

Quoted from DaveH:

Half assed word is: It's decent, but it doesn't quite hit the mark for me. I don't have any big complaints

I got to play the game a lot more at the PAPA facility where they had 2 pros set up.

Same as Dave, I don't have any major complaints (art is cool, lots of toys (TM panzerfreak) but the game didn't have that "one more game" factor for me. Don't know what it was, the rules maybe? The layout? The cheap drains? Dunno. After a while I found myself joining my wife at the nearby TWD, even though we have one of those at home.

I didn't dare post this in the Official Fan Boy thread for fear of being hung, drawn and quartered.

rd

#199 4 years ago

Unless the rules change substantially, the average pinsider is going to be playing A LOT of the Scared librarian and Who Bought the Dog modes.

rd.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It would make sense to cycle each ladder of modes based on pop hits for one ladder, slingers for another, and certain switch hits for the other

My thoughts exactly. Just to mix it up.

rd

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

This game isn't a drain monster!

Ok ... You've got 3 guys in this thread in the top 200 players in the world who say it is ... So yeah ...

rd

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

No ball control = need to play better. I agree it all has to do with playing better.

What a feed. Read what the guy said.

Quoted from Spock:

When the ball fly's half way across the playfield and lands in the outhole. Or flops over the slings, ramps, plastics and into the drain after hitting a target

What's that got to do with playing better? When the ball randomly flies over the slings? Sheeeesssh.

Quoted from pinballkyle:

Well..... I own some tough sterns, including TWD and IM. The GB outlanes are not even close to the severity of IM. Repeat - Play Better!
That all being said, the flipper gap is pretty big!

Have you played the game?

I don't think one person has said the centre drain is an issue. Again, read what people are saying.

rd

1 week later
#592 4 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

So this thread is telling me that I need to get a Stars...

A lot of the guys on Pinside would do well to buy themselves a classic, challenging Solid State game like Stars, Meteor, Mata Hari .. The list goes on ...

A game doesn't need to have the kitchen sink glued to the Playfield to be fun.

rd

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

A toilet did absolutely nothing for SP.

What about Austin Powers?

rd

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure if I'm making myself clear, but I'm not a big fan of the Scoleri Brothers drop targets

I did get that impression....

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are FINALLY getting into some type of groove on a game with too many cheap drains?

This is TWD in a nutshell. I was just (like, 5 mins ago) having a killer ball on my TWD pro, I hit a legitimate shot, and the game rewards me by firing the ball so fast down the left drain, the Playfield has scorch marks.

Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Honestly, I think my chief complaint about GB Pro is that it seems to attract kids and other non-pinheads more than other machines in a bank and they never really have a chance

This is a legitimate complaint, and one echoed by some of the top "guys" in pinball. Location pinball is going to die if people don't keep putting quarters into games. If a kid sticks $1 into GB or TWD and the whole $1 is gone in a minute or so, he's gonna put his $1 somewhere else where he can play for longer for his $1.

If the machine isn't earning, the operator isn't going to bother with pins any more. No pins on location means no new kids get addicted to them, they don't want to buy a pin when they get older, and so on down the line, and pinball goes down the gurgler.

rd

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I love games with code that rewards bad players with something on the last ball. You take someone who was going to walk away with a bad perception to having fun and hopefully coming back for more.

That's why the DE games were good, if you haven't lit the multiball, it's lit for you on the third ball. Gives the customer (and that's what they are, let's not forget that..) some bang for their buck.

For the average dude, if they can get 4 or 5 balls going at one time, that's a good game. I was literally just talking to my powdercoater 20 minutes ago, and he said "do you have those pinball machines where like 6 balls come out at the same time? I love that shit!!"

rd

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So RD have you played the game ? What are your thoughts ? Danni ?
What say you all mighty and powerful RD ?

Dunno about being mighty...

I did post my review early on. Pretty much the same verdict as Levi.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-my-half-ass-review?tu=rotordave#post-3111373

rd

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Crazy airballs when hitting the left standup next to to the left ramp. God damned ball would fly the length of the game, thru the air, and land in the left outlan

The Canadian guys would just tell you to "play better".

rd

2 weeks later
#782 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I tend to agree with the OP on this. I liked the game at first. The more I play, the more I want to lock the design team of this game in a room with three seashells.

Haha classic!

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The one on location that we play in league is all factory settings and latest code and the GC is 3 Billion.

I saw some big scores going up at PAPA and that would have been the old code. I think KME got 4b on the old code.

rd

1 week later
#934 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

you can hit the middle ramp as the Lannister family all day long on GoT and get beauchamp points

Nope. Totally wrong.

No shot in GOT will give you mega points (except the ram in multiballs, after you build up to the SJ)

Combinations of shots will. GOT is all about combinations.

rd

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Maybe you (CrazyLevi) just suck at pinball?

PAPA would tend to disagree.

(Hint: he's number 3)

rd

image_(resized).png

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oh yeah? Well.... #103 baby!!! I know you're jealous of that TWD goose egg. COMPETITION CATCH SPEED KNOTS

A shit score on TWD can happen to anyone. Brutal game. I either get nothing or 200 million+ on my pro.

Actually, that's a good comparison for this GB discussion. TWD is a brutal game, and everyone knows it. But you can progress through the modes, and if you do well, the scoring rewards you evenly and fairly. If you don't don't complete the modes, your loss (you didn't get the points) and you move to the next one.

GB current code has none of this ... its just not enjoyable to play as it is currently. I said this like on Page 1 of this thread, I just don't come back here and bang on about it like some do.

GB is going to get very old fast in a home collection unless the code is changed. That's what Rare is saying. And I agree 100 percent.

And Levis points about the cheap drains, air balls etc have been repeated by many (including myself) many times. Hey, not every game is going to do this ... But the 4 pros I've played have ALL done it. And when that happens, you just don't want to put another $1 in the coin slot.

rd

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Regarding airballs, do you guys remember what slope the game was at? I measured the one I played in Vegas and it was 20 degrees, which seemed really steep

I can guarantee you it wasn't 20 degrees. Or the ball wouldn't go more than 10" from the flipper.

You know you can't level a machine from the glass right? Actual Playfield angle should be 6.5ish, not the glass. They are not the same thing.

rd

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you don't like that song, I don't even want to know what you think is good music.

Eminence Front is cool? So you ARE an accountant!

rd

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You Aussies and living in the future. Just don't tell me who wins the CLE v GSW game.

Yeah, those crazy Aussies eh?

rd

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Aussies, NZ, same difference. Haha

How's it in Canada ehhh?

Now, talking of good fun code, Danni and I just had a game of GOT pro. Still a few bugs to be ironed out (like when it just sword locked a ball on me in the middle of Hand of the King and the multiball stopped!) but 97% cool.

We choose random Houses and duke it out. Lots of options. We just played Greyjoy, which is awesome when you get it all going (as I did in this game) and not so awesome when you don't (as Danni didn't ... Hahaha)

PS Danni gets savage when she gets thrashed.

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

2 months later
#1071 3 years ago

My ode to Ghostbusters Pro (after 3 shit games in a row...)

Feel free to sing it out loud, to the tune of the Ray Parker song.

If there's some-thing flying
Down your outlane
Who you gonna call
Ghostbusters!

When it hits the sling
And perfectly drains
Every single time
Ghostbusters!

Hit the captive ball
Per - fect - ly
Down the side it goes
Ghostbusters!

Hit right or-bit
Around it comes
Straight down the guts
Ghostbusters!

Hit the ghost
Every time
Never works
Ghostbusters!

Play the same
Mode every game
Who bought the dog?
Ghostbusters!

I could continue but my wit is drained by defeat.

rd

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Play better" Rd

Yeah, we discussed that. Hard to play better with the ball draining from all the bad designing.

rd

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If you're tired of playing "Who bought the dog?" switch the game to Spanish so you can play the fresh new "Que compró el perro?" mode! See, all new and not boring at all!
¿Quién soltó los perros? Rotor de Dave soltó los perros!

That's f**king genius.

The place where it is routed has finally taken out the overhead flouro tubes that used to blind you with glass glare when you played, so if I ask them for Spanish I might get it in a year or two.

rd

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just buy one RD, will save a lot of money in the long run

Not when I smash it with a hammer, it wouldn't...

rd

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I would watch that video
I see Avengers is going to make a space for GB

It's making space for something farrrrr cooler than a GB.

rd

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why don't you try tweaking the level a bit? Had to do that with my TWDLE to make it play great.
It's not "bad designing" on my GBLE, it plays great. The pro plays totally different. "Buy better"

I don't own one. I play it on location.

Not everyone can afford to buy every $16,000 NZD toy that comes out, Ice .... or chooses not to ...

$16,000 bucks (which is the cost of a GB LE in NZ) buys me between 8-12 classic Sterns or Ballys out of the States (including shipping) and I would much rather go that way, to be brutally honest. These old games get a thrashing from kiwi pinheads when they come to my place, most of them have never seen any of these old titles.

Check out my SUPER SWEET Flight 2000 which just arrived from Los Angeles ... moist beyond belief!

rd

F2000_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.00
$ 199.99
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 218.00
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside