image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballkyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's the video I was talking about. Average guys playing, and it looks frustrating and brutal. I'm sure the better players will have longer ball times, but what's the fun if you can't hardly ever open deep modes? The pin is exciting, but it reminds me of my acdc. People enjoy playing it based off the energy it puts out, but they never get very far to really see the whole game. Still it's fun, but I have several pinball guys even get tired quickly of the brutality of the drains. GB looks to be even more frustrating, but again I need to play it before making a sound judgement.

Acdc is totally playable. Adjust the posts, make some of multiballs easier by the settings and it's great.

Outlane posts are adjustable on these games. All this about GB being a drain monster.......there is a pretty easy fix by moving those posts down!

#344 7 years ago

This game isn't a drain monster! If people are going to change the Outlane posts the ball won't even fit in the Outlane anymore!!!

Play better!

#345 7 years ago

And on a side note someone mentioned a service bulletin about drop targets not going down after a straight hit, can someone post that if possible? I can't find it and it's certainly a problem with this game!

#350 7 years ago

Well..... I own some tough sterns, including TWD and IM. The GB outlanes are not even close to the severity of IM. Repeat - Play Better!

That all being said, the flipper gap is pretty big!

Quoted from rotordave:Ok ... You've got 3 guys in this thread in the top 200 players in the world who say it is ... So yeah ...
rd

#355 7 years ago

That I agree with, and I've encountered some nasty air balls particularly from the drops which I hope to resolve if someone has some insight on how to make them work better. But that has 'nothing' to do with the Outlane gap and sling placement. It's pretty similar with most new sterns.

Quoted from Spock:When the ball fly's half way across the playfield and lands in the outhole. Or flops over the slings, ramps, plastics and into the drain after hitting a target has nothing to do with... "Play better".

#369 7 years ago

Ok. Funny post. I route a TWD, because of it being a drain monster I added slingshot posts to the outlanes. Makes the game so much more accessible. Trying the same thing on gb, nope! This game definitely isn't even in the realm of draineyness of games like TWD, IM, and others.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not "drainy" because you have reduce the drain area to about 3 percent larger than a pinball.
That's crazy man. You probably never drain at all now. I'm sure well see people Actually follow thru with this mod!!!
It's not really the size of the drains. It's the constant side to side movement of the ball and the shape of the inlanes.

I agree with ya....but I'm not finding much side to side movement on this game either.

#428 7 years ago

Got my game dialed for location play. Dropped right Outlane, adjusted slimey, fixed stupid drop target bounce, pulled flippers up, adjusted multiball timer and increased ball save and the game is sweet. This game needs a sh$t load of tuning from the box otherwise it plays way too crazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballkyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-my-half-ass-review?tu=pinballkyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.