image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshodbrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Fixed the slimer bash toy. It now registers 100% of the time with a hit. And won't register by shaking the machine.
Now the game is fun, less frustrating.

Can you comment on what you did to fix Slimer? Ive got my game coming in tomorrow and might need to make a similar adjustment

#300 8 years ago

Anyone want to take a wild guess at how many pro play fields went out with the spelling error on Negative Reinforcement? is there a way to tell from serial numbers what number in a batch a particular machine was in? I have heard of other nearby folks who got their games the same time as me, but didn't have the error.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

GB already has a generous ball saver. Default is 9 seconds. Also, there is a short ball saver whenever the ball is kicked from the right saucer.

Thank god for that that ball saver on the saucer, i normally would clench my butthole a little bit on that shot coming back at me. The only thing that makes me nervous now is when the ball gets bouncing crazy between the slings, or when it drops out of the left side of the pop bumpers. i think i have a pretty good feeling for everything else now that ive had a few days to get used to it.

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Any tips on hitting the Ghost target in a way that won't result in SDTM? From the videos I've seen it seems using the left flipper almost always results in SDTM, but from the right flipper, although a much tougher shot, is safer.

I find hitting the left half of the ghost target works best for me, if its dead center or I cram it hard into the right side, it feels like it always fires back at me down the middle

#542 7 years ago

i dropped my out lane posts last night, but actually checked my audits after and saw that the left out lane was slightly higher drains than the right, but nothing compared to center drains (3 to 4 times higher). The out lane drains just feel cheap sometimes, and more so after the ball goes nuts in the slings. If anything, I'm betting the slings on the premium/LE will be nicer to deal with with than these cranked up Pro slings. Also, I see the slings power can be reduced in the menu, but i have not done this... has anybody else reduced the sling power and had positive results?

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Am I the only person that likes a pin to kick you in the nuts and dare you to come back for more?
I have a short attention span . I guess I prefer brutal games with short ball times.

For me, I'm so excited to get to the higher scenes on the ladder, when I get a new one lit and start the scene, and then drain it before i can finish it, its like "Uggggggggggggggggh". it keeps me coming back. Last night i was getting further than i had before, and kept telling myself, OK, 1 more game and then I'm going to bed. 90 minutes later I'm still playing! I started having some pretty good games towards the end of the night. it was hard to walk away from it.

3 weeks later
#745 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just a little anecdotal evidence. I went to Pub 340 in Vancouver they have a GB and 10 other games. Every person played GB but quickly moved on. The only reason I went was to play it but the cheap drains and lane jumps sour it quickly. If your an operator with several games in a location it's probably great because it brought people in and they spent money. I was just surprised how little money GB got. In a one pin set up I think it would not earn well at all.

if they just got the thing and it doesn't have more than a couple hundred plays on it, its totally gonna be a drain monster. Mine was brutal the first week or two, and i was starting to regret my decision, but now it seems like a lot less BS happening and a mere mortal can play it for a while without cheap drains.

#747 7 years ago

Also, mines been waxed twice in the last month. It'll be noticeably faster after the wax, but still not draining like it was on day 1!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshodbrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-my-half-ass-review?tu=joshodbrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.