image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 7 years ago

It's really simple, if you don't like the GB song, replace it!

I've got 3 ac/dc songs left and the rest are my own picks like Thunder Road, Sweet Home Alabama, We Will Rock You, Hit me with your Best Shot, Don't Look Back and a few others.

Pat Benatar's Hit me with your best shot might fit nicely into GB! Rotate em out and around.

#88 7 years ago

Oh hell yeah, I'll throw some Kung Foo Fighting in any pin.

Might loop it into my TWD to get some upbeat Zombie kill going

#94 7 years ago

Ignore User is your friend. Use it and live in peace. Had it for awhile, then had to click ignore upon return.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I have no intentions of doing that. I will respond to your posts as I deem appropriate. Is that ok with you?

You talking to me? Or the "ignored user comments"? Is that ok?

Even though you are an "expletive", I wouldn't put you on ignore. Only have one of those.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I was talking to rarehero

Blissfully, I can't see a thing he posts.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You might want to change your mind about him. When it comes to pinball there is no one who's opinion I respect more. Even when Rarehero and I disagree his thoughts still carry weight with me.

No thanks. I'm happy as is now. Plenty of opinions I respect and people i like here.

It's not like it hasn't taken years to get to this point.

#129 7 years ago

I love different, difficult and unique pins. This one looks like its right down my alley. Not that I'm a great player or anything I just like a challenge.

TWD definitely made me a better player! I'm looking forward to the journey with GB.

I'm wondering about the magna sling action and too many balls center draining based on that Stern video. A center post for the premium/le? I'm not a fan of those and don't like it much on my SM.

#232 7 years ago

A huge reason that GB will be popular is that it's NOT Kiss or SM or Lotr or ST or any other cookie cutter easy fan layout.

If it was, you'd have one less buyer right here

If it's FUN it won't f Ing matter. Any type of player will like it. Bad players can make it easier for themselves

#233 7 years ago

I own RS and love it. It's mostly linear

GB modes should and will be random

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

it's not about seeing everything in one game, but it's about having a different experience everytime you push start.

And that the game makes you WANT to experience everything that it has to offer

Some pins I push start for a few games of fun factor. Like SM and WH2O. It doesn't drive me to beat the game. It's just good for some fun.

TWD drove me to WANT to beat it and I have twice and have seen all it has to offer.

And I still love it for the whole package of uniqueness, code, layout and immersiveness.

I like unique and immersive pins that make me WANT to play it to see everything it has to offer whether I get there or not

What a great hobby!

1 week later
#497 7 years ago

If you watched the JD live stream a while back you saw a huge score get racked up by Dwight because he knew how to get the huge bonus multipliers!

The scoring is way out of balance right now. Hopefully Dwight tightens that up.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Get ready to dial it way back. My wife excited for the theme and look, but I can see her rage quitting this thing right quick.

Hilarious. My wife had enough of my new Indy 500 after a few plays.

Wife and kids had no interest in my TWD but they want to play GB! It needs to be set up as "playable" for the stiffs.

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not just the walking dead that does it. My indy 500 does the same thing. Ihave one game for 700 million and the next 6 i'm lucky to get 30 million. Make the turbo shot....rejected...rolls out, into a hair trigger sling. Puff puff pass drain. SOB!!!

Me too with Indy. I'm getting a ton of turbo shot rejects! Might have to take that Cliffy off.

Good to know its not just me having those kind of games, a good one mixed in with some mediocre and shitty ones.

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yes- lets do it SunKing! Ready..set... go!

That's hilarious.

4 weeks later
#815 7 years ago

I have RS and Indy, I love the randomness of Indy500 every time you hit the start button.

The mostly linear nature of RS is fun for a while but its not a game you can play hours on end, over and over again. I play it a bit and come back to it days or weeks later.

I'm not interested in GB being RS oriented and the scoring seems very unbalanced at this point.

Make us want to play it non stop, I'm not buying GB to be a "filler pin", not at $8k.

#818 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think GB is hard, real hard. And to be honest it isn't a ton of fun. But trying to cry to the designer to make it easier...I don't know just seems week sauce. Don't like it dont play it. Too hard, play another game. Just because you jerk off all over the theme

TWD was "real hard". Took months to break it in and beat it and it was a ton of fun along the way, still is.

For the average player, a hard pin takes a long time to tweak and YOU make it easier by "practice", yeah man, "we talkin bout practice"!

"Easy" pins get boring fast. Still can be great fun like Ac/dc, SM and Lotr, just not play it over and over again fun.

TWD is true genius to me. I hope they make a pin I want to play as much as i did that one again!

I don't listen to the "too hard" nonsense after TWD. Does it have the potential to be great? Can Dwight deliver?

Maybe GB will just look great and suck overall, but it won't be because its too F ing hard.

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"I spent 8 goddamn thousand dollars on this you better make it easier so I can like it!" Strange times getting stranger.

Ain't that the truth. $8k is a joke to begin with but it better kick your ass for that much.

However, if it kicks your ass and its no fun then we have a problem! Need potential for greatness nowadays.

Borg and Lyman get it. I have faith still.

#975 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Maybe It's Hard like your avatar?

How F ed up are you right now? What are you smoking/drinking?

#1032 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also...are you drunk? Be honest.

Wasn't that clear several pages ago?

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I remember correctly, iceman's a fellow CPA. We know how to drink.

To maintain some sanity it's required right?

Yep I spotted it right away, been there done that many times.

I give Corn a big thumbs up, been a while since we've had a good drunken rant.

2 months later
#1072 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I could continue but my wit is drained by defeat.
rd

"Play better" Rd

#1082 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, we discussed that. Hard to play better with the ball draining from all the bad designing.
rd

Why don't you try tweaking the level a bit? Had to do that with my TWDLE to make it play great.

It's not "bad designing" on my GBLE, it plays great. The pro plays totally different. "Buy better"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-my-half-ass-review?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.