Topic Stats

• 1,084 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F2000_(resized).JPG
ColorLED_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#841 3 years ago

I had a blast playing Ghostbusters Pro. I really, really, REALLY doubt the validity of the claims of the people who are saying they played it and oh, it's the suxxxxxor.

I know it's just opinions and all that but like KPG said, pinball is about fun and GB has it in spades. So you can get a bijillion points by spamming one shot over and over; you can hit the middle ramp as the Lannister family all day long on GoT and make beaucoup points, but that's a fun machine somehow and GB isn't?

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. No you can't. If you hit the center ramp all day on GOT you will never score well, and there is only one mode that kind of rewards you for hitting that ramp a bunch. (Stark mode)

Oh... I thought it was Lannister. But in any event, that mode DOES reward you handsomely for spamming one shot, right? So, I mean... it's a thing. Just like cranking one shot in just about any game will eventually give you a high score. Pinball games are getting a lot closer to videogames in as much you're trying to get to the "end", and that's where - IMHFO - a lot of the fun is in GB.

We can't all be pinball wi... we can't all be PAPA champions. Some of us are happy with making a lot of pretty lights blink.

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just crazy we have to mod, add upgrades and fixes just to make this pin enjoyable.
GB... FAIL

Overly dramatic. I really hope you've played the game and formed your own opinion.

#867 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm sorry but you guys sound ridiculous.

Welcome to the Pinside message board!

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Nope, have not played it but reading through this thread things don't sound real promising...

The biggest complainers have a track record of complaining about everything. I was expecting to hate on the machine based on all the whining in this thread, but then I played it and thought it was boss. Seriously, don't believe the anti-hype; check it out for yourself.

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one's opinion is wrong....it's an opinion.
That being said - does anyone have the opinion that playing the same mode 5 times in a row makes the game fun?

Yes. Make a pinball machine that's better and we'll talk. otherwise this sounds like sour grapes from people that find happiness in being the poop in the punchbowl.

I know there's only so much you can talk about as far as modern pinball is concerned, but do you dudes with your constant negativity think you're pushing the hobby forward? 'Cause you're not. especially with talk like "John Trudeau is a shitty pinball designer". he's better than the naysayers will ever be.

#894 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really?
JT has designed one classic machine and a whole lot of mediocre to bad.

And you've made a whole lot of mediocre posts, should you stop posting because of it?

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Didn't answer my question. I don't have to make a game...there are 100's of mode based games that have set a precedent already. We know what works and what's fun in mode based games. Moving from mode to mode (with rewards if completed) is fun. Playing the same mode over and over and over is not.

I'm giving you a well thought out arguments for the mode issue based on a decade of in-depth pinball play and rules understanding. How dare you chalk it up to "negativity". I have an opinion that's valid, based on experience - and "pushing the hobby forward" is irrelevant to this discussion. I've been rooting for Trudeau - I love Congo! Mustang is a nice player (not a fan of the theme though). WWE is a bomb. GB has a lot of great things going on, but has some baffling things as well. No one is under any obligation to suck up to the designers. We're players and buyers, and we will have opinions based on our experience with the game.

I'm going to be honest with you, Rarehero: the people saying "This game is too hard!" or "It's just not fun" - methinks they haven't played it.

Or they have an issue with the way the GB franchise is going, and this is their passive-aggressive way of showing it.

Or they think that because they've flipped the silver ball a few times in their life, they are experts on game design.

Or they're just padding their Pinside post count.

Or they're appealing to the PBC.

But if you love pinball, and you're going to give an awesome pinball machine such a hard time because, well, you know everything and everybody else doesn't? That's extra weaksauce. And I'd love to see your pinball designs.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Huge flipper gap makes the game too hard for the amount of content in the game
-Forced replay of modes is a roadblock for players to enjoy the characters and humor of the license.

And how is that I played the game and don't share the same sentiments AT ALL? I guess I'm just a blind, drooling fanboy who likes any ol' Pinball games.

PS Thank YOU! The toilet's clogged.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Enough with the defensive bullshit and insults. Just have a conversation with me.
Once again I ask - do you enjoy playing "We Got One" 3 or 4 times in a row when you COULD be playing the other modes in the ladder instead?

There's no bullshit and insults dude, there's an Archer quote and my disbelief as to whether you've actually played the games or not.

I don't recall EVERY SINGLE MODE I PLAYED. All I can tell you is: I had a good time, I kept coming back to it, I made MB happen almost every game and I got me some nice scores to boot. Can't think of ONE instance of a SDTM - but I could tell you that I've had a SDTM about a million times out of Gene's head on KISS.

And then I read these comments about how "oh the game is too hard" or "oh it's repetitive" or "oh the flippers are to small" and I swear to god I gotta wonder if there's a smear campaign going on. Which amuses me, I thought only JJP games get smeared around here. But it also pisses me off because the people doing the most complaining are part of the PBC so they've got all these people reading their posts and being like, "oh, they must be right" when I, as a huge fucking pinball nerd, am saying NO, THEY'RE NOT, FORM YOUR OWN OPINION.

Crystal clear or crystal pepsi?

#901 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Lol, just funny to see some of you acting like someone slapped your wife or kicked your dog when someone says something negative about GB... very personal theme I guess!
So GB sucks, who cares! Bring on the next title Stern!

I'm a huge pinball nerd. I didn't like people dissing the amazing, groundbreaking WoZ because Ruby Red Flippers challenged their masculinity, and I don't like people dissing a game that it's really seeming like they've never played.

FORM

YOUR

OWN

OPINION

is that so much to ask?

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It appears to be for you! You don't seem to take others opinions very well if they are negative towards GB.

Holy cow I'm going to say this one more time: I DONT THINK THE NAYSAYERS HAVE PLAYED IT AND / OR SPENT MORE THAN 5 MINUTES WITH IT.

Negative opinions are one thing but when people are like OH MY GOODNESS THE FLIPPER GAP IS TOO HUGE and I play it and I don't ever find that to be the case? Don't you think there's just something a LITTLE off about that? Or is it because I'm just some random goofball on the internet and the naysayers are all top seeded members of the PBC?

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I played the game and don't watch Archer. The rest of your conspiracy theory ignored....

Don't watch Archer but got a Family Guy avatar? oooooooh, maybe we're dealing with a difference of tastes.

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Again - try something like LOTR. Beloved game.

Waaaaay too easy of a game, I get bored.

#909 3 years ago

Sweet downvote, Rarehero.

I wonder what the Pinside turnover rate is like?

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are you avoiding the topic of forced mode replay vs. mode advancement?

Because I don't give a shit? Fun is fun, I find the game fun, you don't, sell the game Mr. Moneybags and find a new topic to complain about.

#915 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well I have played it, I have had to two different sessions on it at Pub 340 in Vancouver, I was recently in Edmonton and it hit the Denizen Hall and played it there. Then I hit the NWPS on sunday and tried it once again. So I have played three different machines on 4 separate occasions. You just sound like a ranting child, take it down man. By the way if anyone is ever in Edmonton the Denizen Hall was awesome, great place to play. Pub 340 is great too but it is too seedy for some, so just be warned.

Well I was going to give you props for having a different opinion, but then I get the ranting child bullshit and I'm like, well, shit. Why bother?

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Try having a conversation instead of deflecting. And don't get butthurt over downvote. It means "Disagree". I disagree with how you're making accusations and ignoring questions.

Eh, the conversations around here are popularity contests.

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're new, I take it? Taste isn't the issue.

I get it, you work for the shitty show. Golfclap.

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Wow, Cornelius you are really taking this personal! Are you one of the guys that paid 10k for your LE?
6k by Christmas!

You can look at my game collection dude, I can't afford new machines.

Quoted from Darscot:

Dude you saying the naysayers are all liars and never even player it and blasting all caps, got call it like I see it.

I appreciate the cut of your jib. I hope you enjoyed some poutine and back bacon after wasting your time with the shitty GB machines.

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Center post?!
It's not even a particularly center-drain prone game. The important shots are all off to the side.
My experience anyway.

Just an example: it went from the above comment to OH MY GOD THERE'S LIKE A FOOTBALL FIELD LENGTH BETWEEN THE FLIPPERS

And I'm supposed to believe a lot of time was spent on this machine?

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, what a fucking asshole...

Sorry, it's a shitty show IMHFO. I'm sure you get paid well on it, so good for you. Glad you can buy a bunch of pins that you can turn around and go on Pinside and talk about how shitty they are.

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ah, more insults. Hey, I tried to keep it civil. Can I call you Mr. Fuckface Piece of Shit, since we're on an asshole to asshole basis right now?

You can just call me Fuckface for short.

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I honestly hit a poutine food truck for lunch today, gourmet level poutine, it was killer,enjoyed every bite.

I'm insanely jealous, no joking whatsoever

#932 3 years ago

"Doesn't agree with me" = "Not engaging like a human being"

By the way, the ignore button is the last resort of a scoundrel. Although I have Russel_H or Marshall_H or whoever on ignore because they were just a shitbag's mouthpiece. But still. SORRY I DISAGREE WITH YOU OH RAREHERO

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've probably played 10 hours on this game since I made my original comments. The flipper gap is indeed a drag, especially considering the trademark "Trudeau pop bumper center drain" action.

Maybe they should just eliminate the flipper gap altogether so that your ball times can last longer? Something tells me you'd still find a way to complain about how, like, you just can't death save like you used to.

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope. Totally wrong.
No shot in GOT will give you mega points (except the ram in multiballs, after you build up to the SJ)
Combinations of shots will. GOT is all about combinations.
rd

I'm not saying this is a score that would guarantee me 1st place in all competitions, but I wasn't mad at this at all, and this was just me spamming the middle ramp:

image_(resized).jpeg

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also I don't think you know what "death save" means. You can do them on ghostbusters.

Not if there wasn't a flipper gap. Or at least, it'd be quite difficult.

I mean, I think that's the case. I've only been playing pinball for 40 years now. Don't know if I know all the newfangled slang.

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, then surely, with your pinball experience dating back to the nixon adminstration

Man, between that comment and your comment about Mr. Trudeau, you really lack respect for your elders.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The real question is, why did stern rush this game out without it being properly tested and refined? I mean , the sales were already there. It's not like they had any strict deadlines to make. Maybe they were just too cheap.

I don't know man, maybe Stern should hire you and Kaneda as the heads of QC. Yawl both know everything, nobody else knows a goddamn thing, and you're both the best thing since handiwipes.

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus I don't know what to think now...Cornelius is making more sense to me by the minute

I'm not going to be satisfied until o-din posts a picture of Planet of the Apes.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Man... is it male PMS day... or maybe it's low T...

Maybe It's Hard like your avatar?

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have plenty of respect for my elders. Doesn't mean I need to agree with them.

Or think that they should continue making games?

Again, I gotta say - I didn't experience ANY air balls or cheap drains. Maybe you just suck at pinball?

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

GB has REALLY brought out the insanity of people; it's so bizarre.

Is being passionate about something you care about really the definition of "insanity"? It's not like I'm going to the association of cake baking website and going on and on about how rad GB is.

I wouldn't even be so upset about the negative comments about the game if it just didn't seem like the negativity is coming from people who really haven't played the game.

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

You are complaining about negativity?
Pot, meet Kettle.

I don't accept critiques from Kaneda's ballsaver.

#961 3 years ago

BY THE WAY, I have some negative comments about Ghostbusters Pro!

1) The ball gets hung up on Slimer sometimes.
2) If the ball goes backwards slowly where the gate is by the "stay puft marshmellow man" insert, it tends to come to a complete stop at the gate. THIS IS NOT A STEVE RICHIE GAME FOLKS
3) The right ramp is the smallest opening I have ever seen for a ramp on a pinball machine (note: this isn't really negative as I like difficult shots)
4) Not enough Bill Murray.
5) The ball comes to a standstill when it comes off of the left ramp into the ghost deposit chamber thingy. STILL NOT A STEVE RICHIE GAME

and the absolute worst thing about GB is:

6) the damn "choose the bacon unless there is a star" video mode tip that they mentioned during the Deadflip stream DOES NOT WORK.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That must be it! Anyone who has an opinion that is not consistent with Cornelius means that they are full of shit and didn't even play the pin.

Dude, did the PBC get a google alert to come after me or something?

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I suppose one could question whether or not you had actually played GB based on your positive experience. (Devils advocate here)

Fair enough.

https://vine.co/v/iVWtFZd6hXp

I guess one could say I was only standing next to the machine, never playing it... but hey, either way, no air balls encountered!

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That's what I like about reading peoples reviews, both positive and negative. Sifting through all the reports to see how serious the issues are (and every game has them) and if they are likely to be fixed.

The craziest thing about me flying the flag for GB?? In all honesty, I kinda like GoT a little more.

I just hate to see a good game get all shitted on, and I especially hate to see Mr. Trudeau get dissed. As you can see from my collection, dude has a special spot in my heart (and pin lineup).

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How F ed up are you right now? What are you smoking/drinking?

Not at all, and BWilson completely understood what I meant.

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

No, the thread blew up, people see that, wonder what's going on, then come see what it is, and walk into this.

They walked into a.... spirited discussion about pinball???? On PINSIDE!?!?!?!?!

Outrageous.

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe you are just the only person who is good at pinball?

Better than you at the very least.

Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Do you know of any places closer to the valley that have it?

Family Amusement Center
Pinz

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

PAPA would tend to disagree.
(Hint: he's number 3)
rd

Oh yeah? Well.... #103 baby!!! I know you're jealous of that TWD goose egg. COMPETITION CATCH SPEED KNOTS

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1000 3 years ago

I do alright when I play pinball for fun and recreation, but put me in a competition and I choke hard. That TWD score humbled me greatly.

But yeah, Ghostbusters. Great pin. Check it out.

#1002 3 years ago

So Kiss is more compelling than GB to you? Even with the new code, that's one simplistic game.

Maybe that's the thing? You like your games on the simple side? You must love Tron.

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your opinion is not consistent with that of Cornelius.
Therefore, I must conclude that you have not actually played GB.
Nice try though, rd.

Yeah yeah yeah, I see you're still a choad. I'm glad your feelings healed enough for you to reactivate your account. The PBC missed you dearly!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I said more fun. Not compelling.
My thing is playing games that are fun, like thrones, walking dead, and to a lesser extant kiss.
What's your thing? Doing the whole "well if you like X GAME then you must LOVE Y GAME!!!" Thing?
That's one if my least favorite pinside gambits. It makes no sense. I was bitching about WOZ once and someone said "oh yeah? You must HATE TZ!!!"
None of that makes any sense.
(Oh yeah, I love Tron)

I guess the shitty things you said in regards to Mr. Trudeau is what raised my Irish. That and the fact that you completely backpedaled on your original review just kinda got me like, "this guy is just trying to rile people up". So, congrats, a job well done. And I'm not at all surprised you don't like WOZ. You may not like the "if you like this you must love that" argument but if the ruby red slipper fits? Rock that shit, playboy.

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Are you people edging before you post or something?

I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What on earth are you blathering about?
I'm sorry I'm not a Trudeau fan. I respect that he's had a long and successful career but I can count on one hand the games he's made that I think are genuninely great.
I've made it INCREDIBLY clear that my opinion often changes between my first impression and logging hours on it. Was I trying to rile up the haters when I originally said walking dead sucked, and now say it's great?
I mean, what do you want from me? If you think I'm just pretending to be annoyed by the half-baked nature of ghostbusters and those awful scoleri targets (the worst "feature" I've seen on a game in a very long time) there's really nothing I can do to convince you otherwise.
Also...are you drunk? Be honest.

I don't want anything from you other than maybe a little easing up on the lovable PBC stinker bullshit. all your posts seem finely tuned to come across as you >>> everyone else ever and I'm sorry, that's boring.

Also, no, I'm not drunk, and that's bullshit that you think that a person has to be drunk to have the AUDACITY to disagree with you. I'm not part of the PBC groupthink. I doubt I ever will be. But hey, I promise to buy you a tall boy of swill at ReplayFX if our paths cross.

And RobT, if you want to meet at any spot in LA / SD with Ghostbusters, I'll buy you a beer and we'll discuss the intricacies of busting ghosts. And count how many air balls we get.

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Button Mash and 82 are the only ones I know about in the Southland.

button mash has GB???!? They didn't two weeks ago.

And frankly, the food at BM >>>>> the games. 82 had all their games running smoothly, BM had issues with just about every pin there. And don't even get me started on the broken ass videogames. Cool Sega Hologram game though (with a busted joystick).

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Aw, honey, forty years of being old enough to play pinball and you've never heard of edging?

No. Sorry. And I don't have an issue with you, do you have to have an issue with me? Or is my disagreeing with Edgy Levis so horrible to your delicate constitution?

Edgy Levis, you're a full-fledged member of the Pinside Boys Club. Never seeing the sharp end of moderation, having lesser Pinsiders genuflect in your presence... I dunno, that and coming #3 in a PAPA sanctioned tourney seems to be your highlights.

But what do I know, I'm drunk. Did you know Ballast Point makes cocktails IN A CAN now?

#1017 3 years ago

Goddamn maybe I AM drunk.

Or posting from an iPad.

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

No, it's just a joke, lmao.

Are we talking knife play? That's WAAAAAAAY too kinky for my old ass.

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, I think I'm mistaken then, a friend talked about playing it, but I guess it was 82 and I conflated them. So if they didn't 2 weeks ago I think they probably don't now, sorry!

S'all good man, I was afraid I somehow missed something!

PS you should make your way down to PL next time there's a weekend event. I'd like to buy you an adult beverage.

#1024 3 years ago

And evenmoreso at trenchbull's original accusation! LOOOOOOL

BTW Edgy Levis, I wouldn't touch Coors with a ten foot pole. It's bad enough you keep insinuating I'm drunk (kinda like you keep insisting you encountered numerous air balls in GB), but to insist I drink swill? Fucking pistols at dawn, man!

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it's weird...GB is much better if you're a happy drunk. It personally enrages me all the time.

Hey thanks for the neg dude, every one helps keep my teeth white

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But those are some bad scores.

I swear, if you're on Pindigo, I've got way better scores on those games than I did on anything during INDISC. I just lack the minerals to compete, I guess.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know what that means

Check out Paul Mooney sometime - actually, don't. He'd probably make your head explode.

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wasn't that clear several pages ago?

Look dude, you're the one who doesn't recognize The Who's album cover. (I loved it, even if Roger Daltry didn't. It has Space Duel front and center! Oh, Space Duel is a game made by Atari. Atari was a rad videogame company. Perhaps you've heard of them?)

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fucking horrible album...i was always amazed that somone put that album as an avatar...uff

HOW CAN YOU HATE ON EMINENCE FRONT.

I was gonna also include "Another Tricky Day" in with that, but that was from Face Dances.

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

To maintain some sanity it's required right?
Yep I spotted it right away, been there done that many times.
I give Corn a big thumbs up, been a while since we've had a good drunken rant.

But you're not right about half of this statement so pump your brakes there, tough guy.

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't...that is sadly only 1 song on the album.

You're right, other than that song, the album cover is the best thing about it.

#1046 3 years ago

I gets no love for telling Reality Studio where the GBs are. Dissed, or ignored?

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eminence front is lame. Don't get the affection for that song.
Five note riff and a song that goes nowhere for a long, long time.
Face dances and Hard are both depressing.

You're just gonna shit all over everything I say, aren't you? Those five notes were awesome to those of us who bugged out over Kraftwerk and, later, techno. Carl Craig and whatnot.

I'll give you that both albums are from a band way past their prime, sure. They should have died before they got old, etc. (but The Ox went out rock and roll as fuck)

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinz bowling alley and Family Arcade have it too.

This guy definitely has me on ignore.

ADAM REED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SETH MACFARLANE

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Eminence Front is cool? So you ARE an accountant!

It's like you've got The Who mixed up with Steely Dan...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside