image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#633 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This is a legitimate complaint, and one echoed by some of the top "guys" in pinball. Location pinball is going to die if people don't keep putting quarters into games. If a kid sticks $1 into GB or TWD and the whole $1 is gone in a minute or so, he's gonna put his $1 somewhere else where he can play for longer for his $1.
If the machine isn't earning, the operator isn't going to bother with pins any more. No pins on location means no new kids get addicted to them, they don't want to buy a pin when they get older, and so on down the line, and pinball goes down the gurgler.
rd

I totally agree. I was eyeing this game for location but it seems too brutal. Most of the people playing on location are not very good and dumping coins in and not having fun gets old fast. I want people to walk away with a smile not a frown that is the only way they will come back and location pinball will grow. I had a game with a switch problem that made getting multiball pretty easy. It was killing it so I ended up leaving it alone for a while.

I love games with code that rewards bad players with something on the last ball. You take someone who was going to walk away with a bad perception to having fun and hopefully coming back for more.

GB looks awesome but if good players are saying it is hard imagine what a noob will think.

#641 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That's why the DE games were good, if you haven't lit the multiball, it's lit for you on the third ball. Gives the customer (and that's what they are, let's not forget that..) some bang for their buck.
For the average dude, if they can get 4 or 5 balls going at one time, that's a good game.
rd

Yep! They get that rush and have a lot of fun and want to do it again. They walk away with a smile!

WOZ does multiball or extra balls with the mystery award on the 3rd ball a lot if you are not doing well. I think it also does add a balls more on lower scoring games too but not as certain about that. Wish that was common on Sterns.

1 week later
#739 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, but back then, on route mattered as it was 97% of the sales. today. 90% of sales is private home buyers. So it doesn't matter as much for the success of a game based on it's ability to earn on route.

A decent amount of sales still goes to people who operate, maybe this is more the case out of the US though. For recent Stern games in New Zealand I would estimate that over half maybe up to 2/3rds of games are going on location for a time. This is more the case than it used to be here because interest in pinball has grown and the exchange rate and stern price increases have bumped prices of NIB games by almost 50% in the last couple years.

GB is a tricky one for me as I am worried it is too hard for a location game. Heck I have heard people complaining that GoT is too hard. The only way I would pick up a GB now is if I could make it a bit less brutal and stern fixes slimer so it can stand up to location play. Killer theme for location but it needs the rest too.

What works on location is not the same as what pinheads want. I'm a bit worried that Stern is listening too much to pinheads and not considering new location players. Good location games are simple to understand (e.g. bash sparky) with visible goals (go around the munchkin hut, bash in doors of the castle or prison, etc) and doesn't brutalise a novice player. As much as I want to buy one it isn't quite there yet. Maybe if they rework it a bit it will be.

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If the game is too brutal on location then perhaps lower the price to play to balance short game times. Or set it to 5 ball. Honestly, it's no more brutal than twd or iron man. The left outlane is probably the most brutal aspect.

Guess those are options but I like to keep games consistent pricing wise so I wouldn't do it. I don't want to have to explain this to a customer either.

I am less worried about the cheap drains as that seems very fixable, there are things you can do with TWD. Slimer is what worries me the most, seems to either be too sensitive or not sensitive enough. They need to fix that. I may well pick one up still but I will have to see if there are fixes or not. Location is very different playwise. I want all my games working 100% and I would not site a game that required the same thing to be adjusted every week or so. I have had flaky games before and getting a txt that the game you just fixed is broken again really sucks. I get rid of those games fast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 103.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-my-half-ass-review?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.