Topic Stats

• 1,084 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F2000_(resized).JPG
ColorLED_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.
#351 4 years ago

Most of the people on pinside are not actually that good of players tbh. So games like gb will seem tough to them.

They will most likely , Close the outlanes, set to 5 balls and set replay to extra ball, then come on pinside and post billions of point scores and tell everyone how you made it to such and such a wizard mode.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Well..... I own some tough sterns, including TWD and IM. The GB outlanes are not even close to the severity of IM. Repeat - Play Better!
That all being said, the flipper gap is pretty big!

When the ball fly's half way across the playfield and lands in the outhole. Or flops over the slings, ramps, plastics and into the drain after hitting a target has nothing to do with... "Play better".

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

When the ball fly's half way across the playfield and lands in the outhole. Or flops over the slings, ramps, plastics and into the drain after hitting a target has nothing to do with... "Play better".

No ball control = need to play better. I agree it all has to do with playing better.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

No ball control = need to play better. I agree it all has to do with playing better.

What a feed. Read what the guy said.

Quoted from Spock:

When the ball fly's half way across the playfield and lands in the outhole. Or flops over the slings, ramps, plastics and into the drain after hitting a target

What's that got to do with playing better? When the ball randomly flies over the slings? Sheeeesssh.

Quoted from pinballkyle:

Well..... I own some tough sterns, including TWD and IM. The GB outlanes are not even close to the severity of IM. Repeat - Play Better!
That all being said, the flipper gap is pretty big!

Have you played the game?

I don't think one person has said the centre drain is an issue. Again, read what people are saying.

rd

#355 4 years ago

That I agree with, and I've encountered some nasty air balls particularly from the drops which I hope to resolve if someone has some insight on how to make them work better. But that has 'nothing' to do with the Outlane gap and sling placement. It's pretty similar with most new sterns.

Quoted from Spock:When the ball fly's half way across the playfield and lands in the outhole. Or flops over the slings, ramps, plastics and into the drain after hitting a target has nothing to do with... "Play better".

#356 4 years ago

Guys, air balls are common in new games. They calm down over time. Let it break in.

#357 4 years ago

if the drops are giving you a lot of air. You can always take out the back screws to the drop housing (lightly loosen the fronts), and add thick washer under the bracket between the wood and the metal, and put the screws back in. Tighten all screws. If you do it to only the back of the bracket. It will tip the drop slightly forward keeping the ball more downward.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

But that has 'nothing' to do with the Outlane gap and sling placement. It's pretty similar with most new sterns.

In my case, after the ball would pop off plastics it would end up rolling off and hopping into either outlanes. I plan on putting a few more hours on the game after its been broken in.

#360 4 years ago

are the wire guides that divide the outlanes and the return inlanes, pressed in or bolted from under the playfield?

any photos of topside and bottom side of this area, please

#361 4 years ago

23 seconds in

#362 4 years ago

Yeah I'm going pro tired of these overpriced premiums you always get more bang for the buck and most titles the pro usually plays better
Examples
Kiss le ball lock problems with genes head
Metallica le hammer never works right
Xmen le; the pro just plays better
Twd le major left ramp problems and not near as smooth as the pro
Seems like on ghostbusters premium lots of watching those magnetic slings just not for me

#363 4 years ago

i ordered also a PRO

will install some nice Mods like shaker RGB leds, Subwoofer Kit

i like regular Slingshots

#364 4 years ago

My buddy just switched from an le to pro too after seeing the magnetic slingshot video; plus very wierd that stern has not posted any le video footage; with got it was posted right away; I'm thinking the le is giving them problems as usual

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah I'm going pro tired of these overpriced premiums you always get more bang for the buck and most titles the pro usually plays better
Examples
Seems like on ghostbusters premium lots of watching those magnetic slings just not for me

Don't get me wrong I think Ghostbusters pro not only looks incredible but also offers a lot of game compared to other pro's. GB pro reminds me of Metallica pro in terms of value due to everything packed in it.

However, Stern has clearly invested more money on this title (toys, licensing, art, etc) and it really shows at the premium / LE level. On nearly all other premiums you may get one, maybe two more interactive toys and how much they are actually interactive is debatable. With Ghostbusters premium Stern is including 4 substantial and innovative interactive features over the pro. The main ramp is completely metal and drops under the playfield into a physical ball lock that is integrated with a VUK / scoop shot on the top, there's the magnetic slings, the peppers ghost Ecto Goggles toy and finally the moving Slimer toy. Those are just the big items, then there's the extra unique ramp and the highly detailed library and storage facility molds as well.

It's still hard to stomach the extra price of the premium but it's nice to see that there's multiple substantial extra's being included that are truly interactive.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Examples

Going pro also for these very same reasons. I also think the lack of multi color GI in the the premium was a huge mistake. It would've been cool as fk if the whole game turned green when you get "slimed" or something. Oh well. I think it's hilarious these people hyping the premium without ever having played one. I put a bunch of games on the pro and think it's a gorgeous fun playing machine.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

23 seconds in
ยป YouTube video

Good eye. So magnets

image.jpgimage.jpg

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Don't have either of these problems on mine.

#369 4 years ago

Ok. Funny post. I route a TWD, because of it being a drain monster I added slingshot posts to the outlanes. Makes the game so much more accessible. Trying the same thing on gb, nope! This game definitely isn't even in the realm of draineyness of games like TWD, IM, and others.

image_(resized).jpeg

#370 4 years ago

Are those sling magnets look bigger than standard also the core looks larger also?mabey just seeing things"

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Ok. Funny post. I route a TWD, because of it being a drain monster I added slingshot posts to the outlanes. Makes the game so much more accessible. Trying the same thing on gb, nope! This game definitely isn't even in the realm of draineyness of games like TWD, IM, and others.

image_(resized).jpeg

It's not "drainy" because you have reduce the drain area to about 3 percent larger than a pinball.

That's crazy man. You probably never drain at all now. I'm sure well see people Actually follow thru with this mod!!!

It's not really the size of the drains. It's the constant side to side movement of the ball and the shape of the inlanes.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not "drainy" because you have reduce the drain area to about 3 percent larger than a pinball.
That's crazy man. You probably never drain at all now. I'm sure well see people Actually follow thru with this mod!!!
It's not really the size of the drains. It's the constant side to side movement of the ball and the shape of the inlanes.

I agree with ya....but I'm not finding much side to side movement on this game either.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

image_(resized).jpeg

Is there something wrong with that PF or is it just the pic? It looks like it's chipped around those switch edges and post hole...?

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Is there something wrong with that PF or is it just the pic? It looks like it's chipped around those switch edges and post hole...?

That's the way Sterns are with the little indent.
EDIT: Oh sorry did you mean the side edges? I'm sure they all look like that close up.

#375 4 years ago

Yup. The one I played in Nashville last week has the same issues on the in and out lanes. Almost like is was intended when it was routed.

IMG_9901_(resized).JPG

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I expect this will be less of an issue on the premium/LE.

#377 4 years ago

Iron Man is the most drain heavy game I can think of when it comes to the outlanes. Granted, I keep my outlanes all the way open, but nothing else I've ever owned even compares to that.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Iron Man is the most drain heavy game I can think of when it comes to the outlanes. Granted, I keep my outlanes all the way open, but nothing else I've ever owned even compares to that.

Agreed.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the way Sterns are with the little indent.
EDIT: Oh sorry did you mean the side edges? I'm sure they all look like that close up.

The side edges look rough cut and I see the indentations but that one to the right of the ball looks odd, must be the photo.

#380 4 years ago

If you have not played GB yet, it's way more drainy than IM. It's not the size of the opening. There's little to no rubber there to nudge the ball with. You have to concentrate on nudging to keep the ball completely out of the area. Problem with that is the ball is moving so fast you rarely even have time to react so you just watch it go bye bye.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If you have not played GB yet, it's way more drainy than IM. It's not the size of the opening. There's little to no rubber there to nudge the ball with. You have to concentrate on nudging to keep the ball completely out of the area. Problem with that is the ball is moving so fast you rarely even have time to react so you just watch it go bye bye.

Right. It's not the size of the opening, it's the shape and constitution of the inlane railed. Plus any missed shot sends ball careening towards outlanes at wicked speed.

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Are those sling magnets look bigger than standard also the core looks larger also?mabey just seeing things"

posted this in another thread but would like to address it here as well...goes along with what you asked:

Are the magnets just normal magnets like that used in other pinballs that simply pulse or do they move? To me they seemed to move in a circle motion in the test video we saw. Think Target logo. Does the magnets move in a circle around the center dot on the logo? I think they might? Thoughts?

7030868d66d4fc48a58492444ed9c2e15c2f36da_(resized).jpg

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

posted this in another thread but would like to address it here as well...goes along with what you asked:
Are the magnets just normal magnets like that used in other pinballs that simply pulse or do they move? To me they seemed to move in a circle motion in the test video we saw. Think Target logo. Does the magnets move in a circle around the center dot on the logo? I think they might? Thoughts?

7030868d66d4fc48a58492444ed9c2e15c2f36da_(resized).jpg

they pulse...moving magnets? Not sure I've seen that.

#384 4 years ago

I like the game. But the flipper gap is a dealbreaker for me. So unnecessary.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

With the outlanes fully open, many game have higher slings than outlane posts, making it almost impossible to get any sort of nudge in once it passes the sling. At least with GB the lane guides are even with the top of the sling, despite not having rubber to give you bounce.

#386 4 years ago

Then I guess 1/3 of stern release's are unnecessary for you

#387 4 years ago

I can't wait to earn my score on gb pro, and clean out the dollar bills

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

guess you can never buy any Trudeau. As it's been stated dozens of times all his games have this. BOP, Creech, Congo, JD, mustang, wwe, etc.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

just install slightly longer bats and all solved...

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just install slightly longer bats and all solved...

At the same time you could put a rubber band across the outlanes to eliminate them, install a large star post between the longer flipper bat to completly eliminate center drains, Jack up the front legs to eliminate the playfeild angle and go out and buy hundreds of "participant" trophys to give to everyone who plays so everybody can be a whiner... I mean winner. .
Might as well pick up a bsd or Dr who and replace the lightning flippers with regular ones while your at it.

#391 4 years ago

Haven't played it yet.
But the LE looks like TMNT and Bonebusters had a baby.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Might as well pick up a bsd or Dr who and replace the lightning flippers with regular ones while your at it

I couldn't stand my BSD with the lightning flippers installed. The shots not feeling natural was the main reason, not because of center drains though. Once I installed normal flippers, man was the game so much more fun and natural feeling.

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Haven't played it yet.
But the LE looks like TMNT and Bonebusters had a baby.

So, Teenboners?

#394 4 years ago

No, Bone Teeners!

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I couldn't stand my BSD with the lightning flippers installed. The shots not feeling natural was the main reason, not because of center drains though. Once I installed normal flippers, man was the game so much more fun and natural feeling.

And boring... I know it is a tiny change and the flippers are not that much bigger, but it takes some of the stress of the game away. And BSD is a game that lives on stress. I want to feel a little uneasy as I play it, because I'm supposed to be battling with a vampire. That is supposed to be stressful.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And boring... I know it is a tiny change and the flippers are not that much bigger, but it takes some of the stress of the game away. And BSD is a game that lives on stress. I want to feel a little uneasy as I play it, because I'm supposed to be battling with a vampire. That is supposed to be stressful.

I wanted to enjoy the game while I owned it and not be stressed out over playing. I kept the lightning flippers on for a week, but the shots just were not fun and flowing for me. From what I've read, the game as designed for normal flippers and it felt like it.

But that's why when someone owns a game, they can adjust, mod and tweak it the way they want to enjoy it.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'd have to agree with this...the lightning flippers make achievement really satisfying on this title...

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

But that's why when someone owns a game, they can adjust, mod and tweak it the way they want to enjoy it.

Absolutely correct. Everyone should set them up exactly how they like them. I was just expressing my opinion that I don't like the game like that. In BSD I like it to have a hard edge.

And also correct, the game was designed for normal flippers. However the ball times were too long and they were swapped for lightning flippers to make it harder. I think the story is that a distributor started that, and then it became the standard to have lightning flips.

#399 4 years ago

Im not sure I understand the issue with "flipper gap".
To me its kinda like a Thigh Gap......Im just happy to be there to play!

#400 4 years ago

I was thinking designing GB to use lightening flippers to get the wider gap might have been a better option. That way people could put in regular flippers to get the traditional gap if the game was too center drainy for them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside