Topic Stats

• 1,084 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F2000_(resized).JPG
ColorLED_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Unless the rules change substantially, the average pinsider is going to be playing A LOT of the Scared librarian and Who Bought the Dog modes.
rd.

That will have to be changed. It can't stay linear like that because the game would get boring fast for average players.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think brutal games need a clever rule set that are non-linear, or allow you to select modes, otherwise most players will never get to see most of the game. "Deep" games with stories to tell should be a little easier.
TWD, Metallica for example can be brutal (TWD more so) but the rule set is non linear, so it's possible to see a lot early in the game without having to slug away at modes. On ACDC, which can also be brutal, the player can select all the modes from the beginning.
LOTR, Hobbit, Tspp need to be less brutal so you can progress through the game and see the story.
Not sure where GB fits in rules wise, but hopefully the rules allow for its difficulty.

Agreed 1000%.

I can't help but think Lyman's style of coding would have paired perfectly with the physically brutal part of the game.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Unless the rules change substantially, the average pinsider is going to be playing A LOT of the Scared librarian and Who Bought the Dog modes.
rd.

Good thing we not average RD,

Mix it up with some....Scared Dog and Who Brought the Librarian?

#204 4 years ago

I've been seeing We got one!! More than anything else

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I've been seeing We got one!! More than anything else

That along with Librarian and Dog are the first in each "rung" of the 3 mode ladders, so that's what we've been seeing. It'd be interesting to hear from their who have it in their home already (or played extensively on location) how far into each ladder they've progressed....if it feels more doable once you get the hang of it, or if it feels impossible due to the difficulty of the physical design.

#206 4 years ago

It would make sense to cycle each ladder of modes based on pop hits for one ladder, slingers for another, and certain switch hits for the other. That way they're always randomizing but still somewhat player controlled. Sort of like the beer can modes on FGY, if I have beer can lit early, I'm gonna get some pops action to cycle it.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It would make sense to cycle each ladder of modes based on pop hits for one ladder, slingers for another, and certain switch hits for the other. That way they're always randomizing but still somewhat player controlled. Sort of like the beer can modes on FGY, if I have beer can lit early, I'm gonna get some pops action to cycle it.

I second this idea. Whitewater does the same type of thing for when you hit the whirlpool. You can dictate what challenge you want to start with by hitting the ball through the bumpers. Once you have a challenge you like, then you hit it in the whirlpool to start that challenge. If you don't like the challenge that's lit, then hit the ball through the bumpers again until you get one you like. I think this would be great for GB in regards to modes.

#208 4 years ago

I'm waiting on a NIB Met Pro, and the wife says can we cancel and get a GB lol.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Although I've only played maybe 15 games, it really doesn't seem overly difficult in advancing scenes

#210 4 years ago

GB seems to drain fast, so it's a "one more game" type machine.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

My Half A$$ review.....
I adjusted the lanes. Adjusted the Scolari Bros drops. And opened up the slimer mech to adjust the switch.

I need to find this service bulletin! Thanks for your replies and information.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It would make sense to cycle each ladder of modes based on pop hits for one ladder, slingers for another, and certain switch hits for the other

My thoughts exactly. Just to mix it up.

rd

#213 4 years ago

So in GB can you select one of the 3 mode groups at all? Or you always start with group 1 then group 2 etc.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So in GB can you select one of the 3 mode groups at all? Or you always start with group 1 then group 2 etc.

From what I see you select one of the three mode groups from the different skill shots

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

From what I see you select one of the three mode groups from the different skill shots

Kinda like Revenge From Mars. There are 3 groups with 3 modes in each group for a total of 9 main modes. You get to pick the group at startup but then you must move linearly through the group. I would also prefer the modes to be random and not linear within each group.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Would be cool to know which file in GB it is, to change out opening music.
What song would you guys want instead
for GB?

I'm interested in changing the closing song, convert it to Bobby Browns "on our own" from GB2. Sure, many don't like that song. I do, so I'll be adjusting it to a 32 second segment during the light show. It'll be my first experience in doing it but know a couple guys who have done it. One changed the closer on my ST that I had.

#217 4 years ago

Good discussion about modes.

Heres what I've gathered so far about how Ghostbusters modes work. There are the 3 different columns of modes. After hitting certain shots the next shot representing a column of modes will start that mode. Will the same mode start every time? For a column yes but the player does have the ability to start a mode from 1 of the 3 columns.

Also, the modes apparently get progressively harder as you make your way through them. Modes like "Spooked Librarian", and "Ok, who brought the dog" are the easiset modes in their columns.

#218 4 years ago

GB Pro's shipping in the U.S. this week? I friggin hope so, I can't wait any longer!!

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I'm interested in changing the closing song, convert it to Bobby Browns "on our own" from GB2. Sure, many don't like that song. I do, so I'll be adjusting it to a 32 second segment during the light show. It'll be my first experience in doing it but know a couple guys who have done it. One changed the closer on my ST that I had.

I wouldn't mind having this song in the game as well. It's just as much apart of GB as Ray Parkers. I still prefer to have the closing song as the theme but Bobby Browns song could be included somewhere.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have and love Road Show so I can take anything. Bring it on!

#221 4 years ago

Anybody who had played Addams family 1000 times has probably started with Mamushaka or Cousin It 800 times.

I don't think it's that big a deal. Many games tend to be linear like that.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody who had played Addams family 1000 times has probably started with Mamushaka or Cousin It 800 times.
I don't think it's that big a deal. Many games tend to be linear like that.

Yea, but at least you can play those 2 modes together.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Kinda like Revenge From Mars. There are 3 groups with 3 modes in each group for a total of 9 main modes. You get to pick the group at startup but then you must move linearly through the group. I would also prefer the modes to be random and not linear within each group.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have and love Road Show so I can take anything. Bring it on!

RFM and RS are pretty easy games, tho. I don't think I've ever seen a complaint about them being too hard to see most or all of the content.

#224 4 years ago

I don't remember seeing the rule that all players are supposed to see everything a machine has to offer or there's some kind of flaw in the game.

Don't see why modes need to be randomized. This is a non-issue. Most people have never seen Everything Simpsons or Rings has to offer , or even ruled the universe of whatever it is in MM. They stil buy these games.

It's also interesting to not almost nobody has played ghostbusters yet and people are talking center posts and software revisions. Cart before the ghostly horse apparition people.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

RFM and RS are pretty easy games, tho. I don't think I've ever seen a complaint about them being too hard to see most or all of the content.

Easier, yes, but RS is very linear. Still I like it a lot.

RFM got tiring fast for me despite "choose your mode"

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, but at least you can play those 2 modes together.

Also you can plug the ball in the pops and truly randomize what mode starts first on Addams.

#227 4 years ago

I am enjoying this game, but haven't quite figured out how to get consecutive super jackpots on the left ramp. I had it once and it blew up my score.

I also can't make the right ramp shot to save my life.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I am enjoying this game, but haven't quite figured out how to get consecutive super jackpots on the left ramp. I had it once and it blew up my score.
I also can't make the right ramp shot to save my life.

That shot - along with the left spinner - is incredibly tight. It is interesting that they matched this crowd-pleaser theme with such a newbie ( or even average player) unfriendly layout. I was kind of expecting something more like kiss.

There are going to be lots of frustrated ghostbusters owners, but then I think well see mods and 5-ball settings to calm down the natives.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't remember seeing the rule that all players are supposed to see everything a machine has to offer or there's some kind of flaw in the game.

Not exactly a "flaw" but certainly a drawback for average players. It's not about seeing everything in one game...that's just not going to happen. But over many games with 'random' mode selections they do eventually get to play all the modes, but not the wizard mode(s).

It may not be an issue for YOU, but it absolutely is for average players.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't see why modes need to be randomized. This is a non-issue. Most people have never seen Everything Simpsons or Rings has to offer , or even ruled the universe of whatever it is in MM. They stil buy these games.
It's also interesting to not almost nobody has played ghostbusters yet and people are talking center posts and software revisions. Cart before the ghostly horse apparition people.

I'm not saying players need to see everything. You're talking about wizard modes and advanced features - I'm talking about just the regular gsme modes. Yes most players won't see everything on TSPP but if they play 6 games, they have the chance to see 6 different modes cuz a different one can start each time.

Since the linear mode nature probably won't change, I'm hoping Dwight will consider an optional setting for mode replay (yes/no). Most mode based games never required you to complete modes - but if you did, you were rewarded. LOTR, Shadow, STTNG, etc - if you start a mode and time out or drain, oh well - onto the next. Some newer stern games like ST and GB require completion - which can feel like a content roadblock. I just watched Applejuice's new video and he starts Spook Central 3 or 4 times. I think an option would be great - those who like the challenge of completion could keep it that way, those who want to see more content within a given game can play it the more "old fashioned" way.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Easier, yes, but RS is very linear. Still I like it a lot.
RFM got tiring fast for me despite "choose your mode"

Believe me, I LOVE Road Show...but as I was saying earlier, the player can tell when there's that "magic" marriage of layout and rules that makes perfect sense for that particular game. For RS it just makes perfect sense....it works. Not sure if it does get on GB. Certainly a lot of people have brought it up as a concern.

#232 4 years ago

A huge reason that GB will be popular is that it's NOT Kiss or SM or Lotr or ST or any other cookie cutter easy fan layout.

If it was, you'd have one less buyer right here

If it's FUN it won't f Ing matter. Any type of player will like it. Bad players can make it easier for themselves

#233 4 years ago

I own RS and love it. It's mostly linear

GB modes should and will be random

#234 4 years ago

I would have loved to see the code similar to MET on this one. Work towards hitting Slimer, Ghost target, Ecto Goggles, and Subway lock X amount of times to build towards the wizard / Crank it Up modes. Then you could select whatever wizard mode you want and attempt to complete them.

Make mini-wizard modes start by hitting X amount of ramps, hitting standup targets X amount of times, etc

The final wizard mode would be accomplished by beating all features and wizard modes, or at least starting them.

*sends email to Lyman to suggest working with Dwight to complete the code*

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

it's not about seeing everything in one game, but it's about having a different experience everytime you push start.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

it's not about seeing everything in one game, but it's about having a different experience everytime you push start.

And that the game makes you WANT to experience everything that it has to offer

Some pins I push start for a few games of fun factor. Like SM and WH2O. It doesn't drive me to beat the game. It's just good for some fun.

TWD drove me to WANT to beat it and I have twice and have seen all it has to offer.

And I still love it for the whole package of uniqueness, code, layout and immersiveness.

I like unique and immersive pins that make me WANT to play it to see everything it has to offer whether I get there or not

What a great hobby!

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Bingo! Video game style progression logic doesn't work well for pins.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I wouldn't mind having this song in the game as well. It's just as much apart of GB as Ray Parkers. I still prefer to have the closing song as the theme but Bobby Browns song could be included somewhere

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quoted from Rarehero:

Bingo! Video game style progression logic doesn't work well for pins.

Both comments are worth repeating. This is my biggest concern if true.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I wouldn't mind having this song in the game as well. It's just as much apart of GB as Ray Parkers. I still prefer to have the closing song as the theme but Bobby Browns song could be included somewhere.

Perhaps during the Scoleri Brothers...since it's one of the few things from GB 2.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Makes sense. No reason they can't be randomized.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My suggestion in the other GB thread (sorry for repeating, but I'd really like to see this added):

New game setting:

MODE PROGRESSION: LINEAR (default)/RANDOM

If you choose RANDOM it would randomize within each tier - so for public library tier you might get "Spooked Librarian" first on some games, "Back Off Man!" on other games.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Not exactly a "flaw" but certainly a drawback for average players. It's not about seeing everything in one game...that's just not going to happen. But over many games with 'random' mode selections they do eventually get to play all the modes, but not the wizard mode(s).
It may not be an issue for YOU, but it absolutely is for average players.

A good example of a compromise is the two, well heck 3, wizard modes in LOTR. You have Destory the Ring which requires each of the games 3 multiballs to just be played but not beaten. After a while that's a realistic obtainable goal for normal players. Then there's There and Back Again which requires all of the modes to be played but not beaten. TABA is tough to reach but certainly not crazy out there. Finally there's Valinor which is extremely hard yet satisfying to get to.

On the other hand there are games like ACDC which only has one wizard mode that is extremely hard to get to. In that game you have to play all 12 songs to reach the wizard mode...there isn't even a mid wizard mode for completing half the songs or something, now that sucks in my opinion.

With Ghostbusters we have two wizard modes. Hopefully one will be locked behind at least attempting each mode while the other requires the scene modes and maybe even multiballs to be beaten.

#244 4 years ago

I like "On our own" as well. I'm not hard to please.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I like "On our own" as well. I'm not hard to please.

I'm hard to please, but I like "On Our Own" as well.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

it's one of the few things from GB 2.

Is Vigo the Carpathian in the game?

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

From what I understand as the mode ladder progresses, they get harder and offer more points ...and Stay Puft is a multiball. So they might have painted themselves into a corner in terms of them having to go in order. That's why I think an option to kill playing them over and over again until complete might be the way to go at this point to give the game a chance at moving along and letting new/average players experience more content. Pros can keep it factory for the extreme challenge.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Better not buy any Trudeau games then, congo, JD, mustang, BOP etc

I don't find those gaps anywhere near GB. Wonder if that's just perception though?

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From what I understand as the mode ladder progresses, they get harder and offer more points ...and Stay Puft is a multiball. So they might have painted themselves into a corner in terms of them having to go in order. That's why I think an option to kill playing them over and over again until complete might be the way to go at this point to give the game a chance at moving along and letting new/average players experience more content. Pros can keep it factory for the extreme challenge.

I don't see how any of those would prevent a setting that allows for randomizing the modes within a tier. I don't care about points, modes with varying difficulty are great and having one of the modes be a multiball is fine too (similar to Quick Multiball as a mode in TAF). Those trade-offs are totally worth it vs the Roadshow-like linear progression mode grind.

You would always have the option of setting the option back to Linear Progression for tournaments if you needed to.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don't see how any of those would prevent a setting that allows for randomizing the modes within a tier. I don't care about points, modes with varying difficulty are great and having one of the modes be a multiball is fine too (similar to Quick Multiball as a mode in TAF). Those trade-offs are totally worth it vs the Roadshow-like linear progression mode grind.
You would always have the option of setting the option back to Linear Progression for tournaments if you needed to.

That works for me ...just trying to think about the best way to convince Dwight to implement it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside