Topic Stats

• 1,084 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F2000_(resized).JPG
ColorLED_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eminence front is lame. Don't get the affection for that song.

If you don't like that song, I don't even want to know what you think is good music.

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinz bowling alley and Family Arcade have it too.

This guy definitely has me on ignore.

ADAM REED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SETH MACFARLANE

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Regarding airballs, do you guys remember what slope the game was at? I measured the one I played in Vegas and it was 20 degrees, which seemed really steep

I can guarantee you it wasn't 20 degrees. Or the ball wouldn't go more than 10" from the flipper.

You know you can't level a machine from the glass right? Actual Playfield angle should be 6.5ish, not the glass. They are not the same thing.

rd

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you don't like that song, I don't even want to know what you think is good music.

Eminence Front is cool? So you ARE an accountant!

rd

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Haha.
Friday afternoon funnies. Well, where I am anyways.
rd

You Aussies and living in the future. Just don't tell me who wins the CLE v GSW game.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

The idea of these guys downing a few lukewarm Coors, loosening their ties, and rocking out to It's Hard certainly brings me a chuckle.

Guys, there was a GREAT band in the 60s and 70s called the Who. You should really check that stuff out.

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You Aussies and living in the future. Just don't tell me who wins the CLE v GSW game.

Yeah, those crazy Aussies eh?

rd

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The idea of these guys downing a few lukewarm Coors, loosening their ties, and rocking out to It's Hard certainly brings me a chuckle.
Guys, there was a GREAT band in the 60s and 70s called the Who. You should really check that stuff out.

Just saw The Who in concert they rocked the place but in all fairness the kings of the 60s and most of the 70s were The Beatles

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, those crazy Aussies eh?
rd

Aussies, NZ, same difference. Haha

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's like you've got The Who mixed up with Steely Dan...

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I can guarantee you it wasn't 20 degrees. Or the ball wouldn't go more than 10" from the flipper.
You know you can't level a machine from the glass right? Actual Playfield angle should be 6.5ish, not the glass. They are not the same thing.
rd

Of course but even the bubble level on the playfield showed a very steep incline, I had pasted a pic of it earlier in this thread someplace.

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Aussies, NZ, same difference. Haha

How's it in Canada ehhh?

Now, talking of good fun code, Danni and I just had a game of GOT pro. Still a few bugs to be ironed out (like when it just sword locked a ball on me in the middle of Hand of the King and the multiball stopped!) but 97% cool.

We choose random Houses and duke it out. Lots of options. We just played Greyjoy, which is awesome when you get it all going (as I did in this game) and not so awesome when you don't (as Danni didn't ... Hahaha)

PS Danni gets savage when she gets thrashed.

rd

image_(resized).jpeg

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How's it in Canada ehhh?
Now, talking of good fun code, Danni and I just had a game of GOT pro. Still a few bugs to be ironed out (like when it just sword locked a ball on me in the middle of Hand of the King and the multiball stopped!) but 97% cool.
We choose random Houses and duke it out. Lots of options. We just played Greyjoy, which is awesome when you get it all going (as I did in this game) and not so awesome when you don't (as Danni didn't ... Hahaha)
PS Danni gets savage when she gets thrashed.
rd

Glad you are enjoying GOT code since Dwight wrote it hopefully this bodes well for GB codes future development

#1066 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You were in the 300M range? So...~half of your score was from the Terror Dog???

Half of my 464 million score was from a 17x multiplier. No idea how I got that high.

#1067 3 years ago

well, simply by collecting these multipliers : PKE lanes, pop bumpers & mystery

1 week later
#1068 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I put a few hours in on Ghostbusters today, at Pioneers Bar in NYC - your only stop for Ghostbusters pinball!
I liked it. It's a much different game than we've seen lately, fairly unorthodox layout. Refreshing after the likes of KISS and GOT.
Super fast game, and drainy. Though not really down the middle - you miss, the ball sails into the outlanes. I predict a strong market of "outlane extenders" for people who aren't good at pinball.
THere are really only two "easy" shots - the left ramp, and the right orbit kinda thingee. Other shots are all very tight, especially that left orbit. Tight shots, tough to get in a groove.
So it's a challenging game for sure. Decent scores seemed to be in the 100 million range. Best scores I had were a couple 500 plus and my mic drop, time to go home and eat gefilte fish game of 950.
Don't really have any complaints except the slimer didn't seem to work so well. Wouldn't always register. Also the pop slot award Light Storage is kind of pointless because it only lights ONE lock, and then you have to hit the newton ball to light further ones which would have lit all of them anyway. Also the pioneers game has very shallow flippers so bounce passing and traps are difficult. DOn't know if this is intended but if it were my game I'd probably adjust them a little.
You GB fanboys will love it. I do have to say...I know you have to do it because it's Ghostbusters but gott-damn would I get sick of that song in home use. It burrows into your brain and won't leave and that's not a good thing.
piss and moan update from a week later:
OK, I'd like to add about 25% more ass to this review...and it's not gonna be pretty.
I have some grievances I'd like to air.
Put a bunch more time on this game, at a launch tournament yesterday and about an hour today.
This game - simply put - is frustrating, sometimes maddening, and not a whole lot of fun.
Most of it has to do with the layout, which seems like it was designed by a masochist for his own pleasure. The double inlanes - unlike what you would see in a lawlor game - seem designed to pitch the ball out. SLimer often results in totally random outlane drains you that happen suddenly and you have no hope of saving. The drop targets...Dear lord, what is the point of these things? These scoleri targets pop up - blocking the two most important shots in the game. Shooting them often means certain death. Or total brick. Followed by certain death. They seem to be there for only one reason - to annoy you. If you aren't already annoyed by the unncecesarilly large center gap, the ridiculous outlanes, or the random nature of the game. You don't even seem to get anything worthwhile when you shoot them and somehow manage to keep the ball in play. How about a multiball for nailing 4 of them or something? How about picking off mode shots. How about ANYTHING that seems to justify the existence of this obnoxious feature?
The left ramp shot has it's own peculiarities. If you miss the shot, there's a good chance the ball will ricochet off the standups, fly into the air, and land on the Sigourney plastic on the lower left, where it will then either roll back into play, or sail into the left outlane. Well, since this is Ghostbusters, it's always gonna sail into the outlane, cause that's what this game does.
The repetitive nature of the modes, which people were saying was gonna be an issue earlier, and I pushed aside as petty whining, has also started to manifest itself. And this brings you to the software issues. Not only do you get really sick of playing these modes (which are all the same) over and over again, you get sick of the "skill shot." The only way to play this game with any kind of consistency is to short plunge in front of Stay Puft, have the ball roll down without validating the playfield, and then try to hit whatever skill shot you picked. If you drain, you'll get a chance to do it again. So every ball starts with often multiple attempts to get the skill shot, which rewards you with often crazy unbalanced scores and the chance to (yay!!!!) play one the modes that are quickly wearing out their welcome. If you miss the skill shot, you get to start slimer, which is basically the only thing lit. Or you can just smash a brick through the glass and place the ball into either outlane or the huge flipper gap, cause that's what's gonna happen anyway once you start slimer.
I don't know man. It just doesn't seem very fun at this point. Turn off the tilt, and buy whatever aftermarket stuff the mod gang comes up with to make this thing somewhat playable and we might be on to something. But right now it's just very frustrating and gets old fast.

Drama much?

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just crazy we have to mod, add upgrades and fixes just to make this pin enjoyable.
GB... FAIL

Who is "we"?
I find it enjoyable as it sets.

#1070 3 years ago

Pointless comment on 2-month old thread much?

1 month later
#1071 3 years ago

My ode to Ghostbusters Pro (after 3 shit games in a row...)

Feel free to sing it out loud, to the tune of the Ray Parker song.

If there's some-thing flying
Down your outlane
Who you gonna call
Ghostbusters!

When it hits the sling
And perfectly drains
Every single time
Ghostbusters!

Hit the captive ball
Per - fect - ly
Down the side it goes
Ghostbusters!

Hit right or-bit
Around it comes
Straight down the guts
Ghostbusters!

Hit the ghost
Every time
Never works
Ghostbusters!

Play the same
Mode every game
Who bought the dog?
Ghostbusters!

I could continue but my wit is drained by defeat.

rd

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I could continue but my wit is drained by defeat.
rd

"Play better" Rd

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Play better" Rd

Yeah, we discussed that. Hard to play better with the ball draining from all the bad designing.

rd

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Play the same
Mode every game
Who bought the dog?
Ghostbusters!

If you're tired of playing "Who bought the dog?" switch the game to Spanish so you can play the fresh new "Que compró el perro?" mode! See, all new and not boring at all!

¿Quién soltó los perros? Rotor de Dave soltó los perros!

#1075 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If you're tired of playing "Who bought the dog?" switch the game to Spanish so you can play the fresh new "Que compró el perro?" mode! See, all new and not boring at all!
¿Quién soltó los perros? Rotor de Dave soltó los perros!

That's f**king genius.

The place where it is routed has finally taken out the overhead flouro tubes that used to blind you with glass glare when you played, so if I ask them for Spanish I might get it in a year or two.

rd

#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, we discussed that. Hard to play better with the ball draining from all the bad designing.
rd

Just buy one RD, will save a lot of money in the long run

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just buy one RD, will save a lot of money in the long run

Not when I smash it with a hammer, it wouldn't...

rd

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not when I smash it with a hammer, it wouldn't...

rd

I would watch that video

I see Avengers is going to make a space for GB

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Maybe if the game is to hard we can get the modders to make a game with a tissue dispenser

Copywrite violation, tissue dispenser mod is from Pee Wee's Funhouse and is not a mod but factory installed.

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I would watch that video
I see Avengers is going to make a space for GB

It's making space for something farrrrr cooler than a GB.

rd

#1081 3 years ago

Love GB. Fixed my subway opto and we were back in the game. I owned the storage unit tonight! WOW I was shocked! If the two of the silver balls would have not been air balls over the out bound lanes I wonder what I could have gotten. We tried a few Glo-Balls the other night and it seemed to control air balls better. However, after everyone left I checked out the Glo-balls and they didn't fair well at all. I love the ColorLED. Thanks Randy Now, I need to find away to keep the balls on the PF and not against the glass. This is a great game even with issues. I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon. Matter of fact never.

Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
ColorLED_(resized).jpg

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Why don't you try tweaking the level a bit? Had to do that with my TWDLE to make it play great.

It's not "bad designing" on my GBLE, it plays great. The pro plays totally different. "Buy better"

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why don't you try tweaking the level a bit? Had to do that with my TWDLE to make it play great.
It's not "bad designing" on my GBLE, it plays great. The pro plays totally different. "Buy better"

I don't own one. I play it on location.

Not everyone can afford to buy every $16,000 NZD toy that comes out, Ice .... or chooses not to ...

$16,000 bucks (which is the cost of a GB LE in NZ) buys me between 8-12 classic Sterns or Ballys out of the States (including shipping) and I would much rather go that way, to be brutally honest. These old games get a thrashing from kiwi pinheads when they come to my place, most of them have never seen any of these old titles.

Check out my SUPER SWEET Flight 2000 which just arrived from Los Angeles ... moist beyond belief!

rd

F2000_(resized).JPG

3 months later
#1084 3 years ago

I owned an Le until the inserts were rooted so I had to return it. I've been an advocate for the game up to this point... HOWEVER... after a bit of a break from playing it I got to play my friends premium (10games) the other and I'm starting to agree and see past the theme that this is one poorly designed game. I've been ragging my st premium in the meantime which hasn't helped but it has helped me see the difference between a well designed game and a shit one. And I'm not talking about flow, I mean the shots are straight up poorly designed. Even the right subway ramp which is awesome has the stand up target air ball issue. The rest of the shots feel clunky and just not right.

I was always of the mind to at least to get a gb premium or pro again after me Le, but now not so much. We all know JT designs are a bit left of field and I do love his ideas but for the most part this game needed a bit more testing and rethinking before it went into full production.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside