Topic Stats

• 1,084 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F2000_(resized).JPG
ColorLED_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.
#1001 3 years ago

You don't have to suck at ghostbusters to not like it.

My best is around 950 million. at this point im usually getting around 60-100 which is good enough to win a lot of games.

But it's in a bank with kiss, walking dead LE, and thrones LE. And after a few games of ghostbusters id rather play any of them. On account of them being more fun.

#1002 3 years ago

So Kiss is more compelling than GB to you? Even with the new code, that's one simplistic game.

Maybe that's the thing? You like your games on the simple side? You must love Tron.

#1003 3 years ago

This young player looks like he enjoyed the Premium.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

So Kiss is more compelling than GB to you? Even with the new code, that's one simplistic game.
Maybe that's the thing? You like your games on the simple side? You must love Tron.

I said more fun. Not compelling.

My thing is playing games that are fun, like thrones, walking dead, and to a lesser extant kiss.

What's your thing? Doing the whole "well if you like X GAME then you must LOVE Y GAME!!!" Thing?

That's one if my least favorite pinside gambits. It makes no sense. I was bitching about WOZ once and someone said "oh yeah? You must HATE TZ!!!"

None of that makes any sense. Why do people do that? How is it supposed to win an argument? I do not find this tactic compelling at all!

(Oh yeah, I love Tron)

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A shit score on TWD can happen to anyone. Brutal game. I either get nothing or 200 million+ on my pro.
Actually, that's a good comparison for this GB discussion. TWD is a brutal game, and everyone knows it. But you can progress through the modes, and if you do well, the scoring rewards you evenly and fairly. If you don't don't complete the modes, your loss (you didn't get the points) and you move to the next one.
GB current code has none of this ... its just not enjoyable to play as it is currently. I said this like on Page 1 of this thread, I just don't come back here and bang on about it like some do.
GB is going to get very old fast in a home collection unless the code is changed. That's what Rare is saying. And I agree 100 percent.
And Levis points about the cheap drains, air balls etc have been repeated by many (including myself) many times. Hey, not every game is going to do this ... But the 4 pros I've played have ALL done it. And when that happens, you just don't want to put another $1 in the coin slot.
rd

Your opinion is not consistent with that of Cornelius.

Therefore, I must conclude that you have not actually played GB.

Nice try though, rd.

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your opinion is not consistent with that of Cornelius.
Therefore, I must conclude that you have not actually played GB.
Nice try though, rd.

Yeah yeah yeah, I see you're still a choad. I'm glad your feelings healed enough for you to reactivate your account. The PBC missed you dearly!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I said more fun. Not compelling.
My thing is playing games that are fun, like thrones, walking dead, and to a lesser extant kiss.
What's your thing? Doing the whole "well if you like X GAME then you must LOVE Y GAME!!!" Thing?
That's one if my least favorite pinside gambits. It makes no sense. I was bitching about WOZ once and someone said "oh yeah? You must HATE TZ!!!"
None of that makes any sense.
(Oh yeah, I love Tron)

I guess the shitty things you said in regards to Mr. Trudeau is what raised my Irish. That and the fact that you completely backpedaled on your original review just kinda got me like, "this guy is just trying to rile people up". So, congrats, a job well done. And I'm not at all surprised you don't like WOZ. You may not like the "if you like this you must love that" argument but if the ruby red slipper fits? Rock that shit, playboy.

#1007 3 years ago

Are you people edging before you post or something?

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Yeah yeah yeah, I see you're still a choad. I'm glad your feelings healed enough for you to reactivate your account. The PBC missed you dearly!

I guess the shitty things you said in regards to Mr. Trudeau is what raised my Irish. That and the fact that you completely backpedaled on your original review just kinda got me like, "this guy is just trying to rile people up". So, congrats, a job well done. And I'm not at all surprised you don't like WOZ. You may not like the "if you like this you must love that" argument but if the ruby red slipper fits? Rock that shit, playboy.

What on earth are you blathering about?

I'm sorry I'm not a Trudeau fan. I respect that he's had a long and successful career but I can count on one hand the games he's made that I think are genuninely great. And when the best of your recent games is mustang, it's probably time to consider hanging em up.

I've made it INCREDIBLY clear that my opinion often changes between my first impression and logging hours on it. Was I trying to rile up the haters when I originally said walking dead sucked, and now say it's great?

I mean, what do you want from me? If you think I'm just pretending to be annoyed by the half-baked nature of ghostbusters and those awful scoleri targets (the worst "feature" I've seen on a game in a very long time) there's really nothing I can do to convince you otherwise.

Also...are you drunk? Be honest.

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Do you know of any places closer to the valley that have it? I went to that Korean place Acye Gogi once and they were planning to get one, but they didn't yet have it as of a few weeks ago. I did play a stock GB pro when I was in Vegas at the pinball hall of fame, it had no post in the center and seemed to play fine for me but I only played two games on it there which isn't enough to determine it's difficulty.

Button Mash and 82 are the only ones I know about in the Southland.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What on earth are you blathering about?
I'm sorry I'm not a Trudeau fan. I respect that he's had a long and successful career but I can count on one hand the games he's made that I think are genuninely great.
I've made it INCREDIBLY clear that my opinion often changes between my first impression and logging hours on it. Was I trying to rile up the haters when I originally said walking dead sucked, and now say it's great?
I mean, what do you want from me? If you think I'm just pretending to be annoyed by the half-baked nature of ghostbusters and those awful scoleri targets (the worst "feature" I've seen on a game in a very long time) there's really nothing I can do to convince you otherwise.

I don't want anything from you other than maybe a little easing up on the lovable PBC stinker bullshit. all your posts seem finely tuned to come across as you >>> everyone else ever and I'm sorry, that's boring.

Also, no, I'm not drunk, and that's bullshit that you think that a person has to be drunk to have the AUDACITY to disagree with you. I'm not part of the PBC groupthink. I doubt I ever will be. But hey, I promise to buy you a tall boy of swill at ReplayFX if our paths cross.

And RobT, if you want to meet at any spot in LA / SD with Ghostbusters, I'll buy you a beer and we'll discuss the intricacies of busting ghosts. And count how many air balls we get.

#1012 3 years ago

That kid is pretty good.

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

button mash has GB???!? They didn't two weeks ago.

And frankly, the food at BM >>>>> the games. 82 had all their games running smoothly, BM had issues with just about every pin there. And don't even get me started on the broken ass videogames. Cool Sega Hologram game though (with a busted joystick).

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Aw, honey, forty years of being old enough to play pinball and you've never heard of edging?

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I don't want anything from you other than maybe a little easing up on the lovable PBC stinker bullshit. all your posts seem finely tuned to come across as you >>> everyone else ever and I'm sorry, that's boring.
Also, no, I'm not drunk, and that's bullshit that you think that a person has to be drunk to have the AUDACITY to disagree with you. I'm not part of the PBC groupthink. I doubt I ever will be. But hey, I promise to buy you a tall boy of swill at ReplayFX if our paths cross.
And RobT, if you want to meet at any spot in LA / SD with Ghostbusters, I'll buy you a beer and we'll discuss the intricacies of busting ghosts. And count how many air balls we get.

It's incredibly early on the west coast for you to be this drunk. I'm worried about you.

What's PBC? The cheap domestic beer you've been knocking back all day?

The funny thing is, I couldn't care less if people have the audacity to disagree with me. It happens. You are the one who seems to get upset by that kind of thing.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Aw, honey, forty years of being old enough to play pinball and you've never heard of edging?

No. Sorry. And I don't have an issue with you, do you have to have an issue with me? Or is my disagreeing with Edgy Levis so horrible to your delicate constitution?

Edgy Levis, you're a full-fledged member of the Pinside Boys Club. Never seeing the sharp end of moderation, having lesser Pinsiders genuflect in your presence... I dunno, that and coming #3 in a PAPA sanctioned tourney seems to be your highlights.

But what do I know, I'm drunk. Did you know Ballast Point makes cocktails IN A CAN now?

#1017 3 years ago

Goddamn maybe I AM drunk.

Or posting from an iPad.

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

No. Sorry. And I don't have an issue with you, do you have to have an issue with me? Or is my disagreeing with Edgy Levis so horrible to your delicate constitution?

No, it's just a joke, lmao.

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

No, it's just a joke, lmao.

Are we talking knife play? That's WAAAAAAAY too kinky for my old ass.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

button mash has GB???!? They didn't two weeks ago.

Hmm, I think I'm mistaken then, a friend talked about playing it, but I guess it was 82 and I conflated them. So if they didn't 2 weeks ago I think they probably don't now, sorry!

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Are we talking knife play? That's WAAAAAAAY too kinky for my old ass.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edging

Since you asked.

#1022 3 years ago

Dear lord, Coors-nelious is having a full-fledged drunken meltdown, and for absolutely NO reason - that's the weirdest thing about it. I haven't insulted you at all - unless worrying about your troubling drinking habits is considered an insult. I'm trying to help here.

Meanwhile you've been calling me names and insulting my pinball ability for like two pages now. Because I think ghostbusters could use a little more time in the oven! It's bizarre.

Listen melty, calm down, I have no idea who you are and I don't know anything about you, except that you REALLY like ghostbusters and get really upset when someone points out it's flaws.

Is that really enough to build a full-blown flame war on?! I don't think so.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one. Also...my pinball highlight was probably finishing #1 at Magfest 2016 - a PAPA circuit!- or maybe winning papa C last year. But let's go with Magfest, for sure the competition was better.

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, I think I'm mistaken then, a friend talked about playing it, but I guess it was 82 and I conflated them. So if they didn't 2 weeks ago I think they probably don't now, sorry!

S'all good man, I was afraid I somehow missed something!

PS you should make your way down to PL next time there's a weekend event. I'd like to buy you an adult beverage.

#1024 3 years ago

And evenmoreso at trenchbull's original accusation! LOOOOOOL

BTW Edgy Levis, I wouldn't touch Coors with a ten foot pole. It's bad enough you keep insinuating I'm drunk (kinda like you keep insisting you encountered numerous air balls in GB), but to insist I drink swill? Fucking pistols at dawn, man!

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dear lord, Coors-nelious is having a full-fledged drunken meltdown, and for absolutely NO reason

it's weird...GB is much better if you're a happy drunk. It personally enrages me all the time.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it's weird...GB is much better if you're a happy drunk. It personally enrages me all the time.

Hey thanks for the neg dude, every one helps keep my teeth white

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

That honestly sounds like a plan. I need to get out and play the pin.

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Hey thanks for the neg dude, every one helps keep my teeth white

I don't know what that means...what am i missing?

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oh yeah? Well.... #103 baby!!! I know you're jealous of that TWD goose egg. COMPETITION CATCH SPEED KNOTS

How is that ticket as high as 103? Haha. Jk lol. That's the PAPA effect I guess. But those are some bad scores.

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But those are some bad scores.

I swear, if you're on Pindigo, I've got way better scores on those games than I did on anything during INDISC. I just lack the minerals to compete, I guess.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know what that means

Check out Paul Mooney sometime - actually, don't. He'd probably make your head explode.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wasn't that clear several pages ago?

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The expert speaks!

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I swear, if you're on Pindigo, I've got way better scores on those games than I did on anything during INDISC. I just lack the minerals to compete, I guess.

Hey man I hear ya. I have not been in the competitive scene for very long, but that would've been a pretty humbling day for me for sure. That's the worst, putting up scores like a noob when you know you can do exponentially better. Makes the big time players play that much more impressive.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For reals....which might I add I completely endorse!

#1036 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The expert speaks!

If I remember correctly, iceman's a fellow CPA. We know how to drink.

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Look dude, you're the one who doesn't recognize The Who's album cover. (I loved it, even if Roger Daltry didn't. It has Space Duel front and center! Oh, Space Duel is a game made by Atari. Atari was a rad videogame company. Perhaps you've heard of them?)

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And Levis points about the cheap drains, air balls etc have been repeated by many (including myself) many times. Hey, not every game is going to do this ... But the 4 pros I've played have ALL done it. And when that happens, you just don't want to put another $1 in the coin slot. rd

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not the only one complaining about the air balls and cheap drains. Maybe you are just the only person who is good at pinball?

Regarding airballs, do you guys remember what slope the game was at? I measured the one I played in Vegas and it was 20 degrees, which seemed really steep and the bubble level seemed to indicate that as well. But now I'm wondering if that would affect airballs as I didn't get any playing there.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I was just at Pinz in Studio City playing it.
I played w a guy who got like 3 billion and had no idea what he was doing. I was in the 300 million area trying to pick off the modes. He got his score by (I think) getting loopin supers, storage MB, and PKE frenzy all going at once....maybe some other things!
Clearly trying to play thru the story isn't the way to get points. It seems to be all about all the other little goals scattered about the playfield. I think maybe I just need to rethink how this game is structured. I think it's actually kind of like Congo in some ways. Collecting ghosts is kind of like collecting the diamonds on Congo.
I was also getting the hang of the physics a bit and had a few good runs of finishing modes and linking them together. Due to this structure, I'm ok with the linear ladders. While it's frustrating if you have to repeat modes, it is fun to string together a "story" if you're jamming on it well. I still think an option for replaying/completion would be great, especially for casual players....

Interesting, I was in the ~300 million range as well. Ok cool I'll have to roll by Pinz when I get a chance.

Quoted from trunchbull:

Lol, only with a female play partner, not with pinside.

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

This young player looks like he enjoyed the Premium.
» YouTube video

Premium looks pretty good...

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

(I loved it, even if Roger Daltry didn't.

Fucking horrible album...i was always amazed that somone put that album as an avatar...uff

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fucking horrible album...i was always amazed that somone put that album as an avatar...uff

HOW CAN YOU HATE ON EMINENCE FRONT.

I was gonna also include "Another Tricky Day" in with that, but that was from Face Dances.

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I remember correctly, iceman's a fellow CPA. We know how to drink.

To maintain some sanity it's required right?

Yep I spotted it right away, been there done that many times.

I give Corn a big thumbs up, been a while since we've had a good drunken rant.

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

HOW CAN YOU HATE ON EMINENCE FRONT.

I don't...that is sadly only 1 song on the album.

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

To maintain some sanity it's required right?
Yep I spotted it right away, been there done that many times.
I give Corn a big thumbs up, been a while since we've had a good drunken rant.

But you're not right about half of this statement so pump your brakes there, tough guy.

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're right, other than that song, the album cover is the best thing about it.

#1046 3 years ago

I gets no love for telling Reality Studio where the GBs are. Dissed, or ignored?

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I gets no love for telling Reality Studio where the GBs are. Dissed, or ignored?

Too many new posts here to catch them all lol, thx

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Eminence front is lame. Don't get the affection for that song.

Five note riff and a song that goes nowhere for a long, long time.

Face dances and Hard are both depressing.

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pinz bowling alley and Family Arcade have it too.

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eminence front is lame. Don't get the affection for that song.
Five note riff and a song that goes nowhere for a long, long time.
Face dances and Hard are both depressing.

You're just gonna shit all over everything I say, aren't you? Those five notes were awesome to those of us who bugged out over Kraftwerk and, later, techno. Carl Craig and whatnot.

I'll give you that both albums are from a band way past their prime, sure. They should have died before they got old, etc. (but The Ox went out rock and roll as fuck)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North Andover, MA
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
$ 12.99
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside