Topic Stats

• 1,084 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F2000_(resized).JPG
ColorLED_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.
#51 4 years ago

Aren't the fonts the same exact font used on the original ghostbusters sign that was hung over the firehouse entrance in the early days of their business?

Yes, but don't try explaining that to Aurich.

Why? Every pinball machine you own has finite loops of music. Why is it only a complaint on games with familiar music?

Some looped music is far more annoying and sticks in your head to the point of causing insanity more than other looped music would be. The ghostbusters theme is pretty well known for being a tune that sticks in your head that you can't get out and drives some people crazy...including me.

But of course it is no surprise that the theme music would be used in one of those loops.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At least the GB theme is up beat compared to the borning / dreary themes used in GOT and TWD.

Huh? TWD's music is mostly rock oriented, and actually very good. Nice riffs while jamming a Well/Bloodbath stack. It's a zombie apocalypse, not exactly "upbeat." And yea, much better than that damn WOZ main theme...

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why? Every pinball machine you own has finite loops of music. Why is it only a complaint on games with familiar music? Anyone who loves Ghostbusters loves that song - it's inseparable from the title. If it wasn't there, there'd be more complaints.

For me its that specific song. Its like a childrens jingle or a TV commercial that gets stuck in your head and you can't get rid of it. I understand its importance here, I just don't want to be beaten over the head with it.

(Edit) - Ahhhhh, its in my head right now!!

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For me its that specific song. Its like a children jingle or a TV commercial that gets stuck in your head and you can't get rid of it. I understand its importance here, I just don't want to be beaten over the head with it.
(Edit) - Ahhhhh, its in my head right now!!

I don't get the complaints. It was a huge hit song, most people love it, it's still popular today...why is it wrong for a song to be catchy? Isn't that the point? To complain about the GB song in a GB game is like complaining about ACDC music in an ACDC game - oh wait, people do that too. How come you never hear a complaint about the 15 second music loops most games have for main tunes?

#55 4 years ago

If a huge hit song that people still love comes on the radio, I'll change the station if I'm burned out on it.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Huh? TWD's music is mostly rock oriented, and actually very good. Nice riffs while jamming a Well/Bloodbath stack. It's a zombie apocalypse, not exactly "upbeat." And yea, much better than that damn WOZ main theme...

I was referring to main themes only. TWD and GOT's main theme are the main themes from the shows intros. Also, I didn't mention anything about WOZ...

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Have you flirted with Pinball browser yet?

Absolutely! Tron was already gone by
Then, and a friend really wanted one.
For Metallica, I didn't know the band at all, and was going to turn it into System of a Down, when a Walking Dead came up.
Great that you this up.
I don't follow the other threads, and
Browser is suppose to work on Spike,
has anyone changed the music in GOT?
Would be cool to know which file in GB it is, to change out opening music.
What song would you guys want instead
for GB?

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't get the complaints. It was a huge hit song, most people love it, it's still popular today...why is it wrong for a song to be catchy? Isn't that the point? To complain about the GB song in a GB game is like complaining about ACDC music in an ACDC game - oh wait, people do that too. How come you never hear a complaint about the 15 second music loops most games have for main tunes?

No one is trying to sway your opinion because it can't be swayed. Honestly I'd prefer to hold your opinion, but find the song obnoxious. You won't sway their opinion either.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

No one is trying to sway your opinion because it can't be swayed. Honestly I'd prefer to hold your opinion, but find the song obnoxious. You won't sway their opinion either.

Then don't play the game. The game is called Ghostbusters. It looks and sounds like Ghostbusters.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is it the worst earworm? I'd nominate "Mickey" for that dishonor...
"Oh mickey what a pity you don't understand..."
(enjoy the next hour!)

Oh that's so not nice. Now I have that looping may have to go listen to ghost busters just to get it out...

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was referring to main themes only. TWD and GOT's main theme are the main themes from the shows intros. Also, I didn't mention anything about WOZ...

Ahh ok.. I try to get into Well or Prison right away so don't hear too much of the show theme. WOZ - someone else mentioned it a little ways back, and I agree, it's far more grating than Ghostbusters. Rest of WOZ music I like, but the main theme not so much.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Oh that's so not nice. Now I have that looping may have to go listen to ghost busters just to get it out...

Who ya gonna call??

#63 4 years ago

I've had one on location for three days. My thoughts:

The Ghostbusters theme does not get stuck in my head, but the one that does is the Spooked Librarian music...really awesome and unique as far as pinball music.

Several players have complained that I need to "fix the flipper angles". They're aligned with the pilot holes in the playfield. The flippers are pretty flat even when all the way extended - but that's how most Trudeau games are.

The art and sound package is awesome. Universally praised by everyone who has played it. The Storage Facility Multiball start is cool.

Playfield layout feels very fresh and original. I'm not sure I really like how the right ramp works, but in not knowing the code, I've been mostly ignoring it. I've seen balls catch a few times on the switches that measure how far up the ramp your shot went.

I don't have a good grasp on the rules, but it feels like there is a lot to do and scores range wildly in modes depending on how you play them. Like Game of Thrones, it's going to really reward you for a deep understanding of how to progress through the game.

Slimer wasn't registering consistently at all. I made a not-quite-sure-what-I-actually-did adjustment and it seems better now. The left spinner was stuck horizontal, but bending the bracket fixed that. I've had a few people complain that auto-plunge is on, but it's not, and I suspect that there are bugs in the code. (For example when you boot the game, the first ball you play seems to always be auto-plunged).

The biggest bummer I've seen is balls jumping the inlane/outlane ball guide. It has probably happened in 10% of the games I've played. Also, sometimes you get STDM out of the left exit of the pops...which is uncommon in modern Sterns with how they're typically confining the pops to a separate area with only one source of exit.

Overall, this is the best first impression I've had of a modern Stern game. One player said: "Meh...it's boring", but everyone else that has played it has *really* liked it. Can't wait to figure out how to actually play it!

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

But I need to experience the machine a lot more.

There is one two miles from your house.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Ahh ok.. I try to get into Well or Prison right away so don't hear too much of the show theme. WOZ - someone else mentioned it a little ways back, and I agree, it's far more grating than Ghostbusters. Rest of WOZ music I like, but the main theme not so much.

That sounds like a good strategy for the TWD and all games as the main themes can get old in all of them, lol.

#66 4 years ago

Meanwhile - in an alternate universe - their Stern was NOT able to get the rights to the song and everyone is bitching up a storm.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone who loves Ghostbusters loves that song

I love GB's grew up on those films and I hate that F---ing song.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love GB's grew up on those films and I hate that F---ing song.

That's because you're Canadian and they didn't use "eh" in the song.
Who you going call eh? Ghoastbusters ...Eh!

#69 4 years ago

The GB theme just makes me want to listen to Huey Lewis and the News.

#70 4 years ago

I'm not saying the song should be eliminated. I'm just hoping its usage will be minimized.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

At least it's not the Commodore 64 GB game that played the main theme The. Whole. F*cking. Game

Don't remind us how ancient the GB theme really is!

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not saying the song should be eliminated. I'm just hoping its usage will be minimized.

Like every game ever, each mode or MB will have its own music. This can already be heard in the various gameplay videos.

I hope they change every song to a remix of the GB song just to annoy the 3 people who don't like GB music in a GB game

#73 4 years ago

It's really simple, if you don't like the GB song, replace it!

I've got 3 ac/dc songs left and the rest are my own picks like Thunder Road, Sweet Home Alabama, We Will Rock You, Hit me with your Best Shot, Don't Look Back and a few others.

Pat Benatar's Hit me with your best shot might fit nicely into GB! Rotate em out and around.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's really simple, if you don't like the GB song, replace it!

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And 4 games in, the left flipper died. Massive bummer. But that happens from time to time on a brand new pin. My half assed opinion review will have to wait.

Who ya gonna call? Pinballmike217 is his username on Pinside, and he operates Lanes & Games. I kicked him an email after the flipper issue, and he was there about 40 minutes later. I wish there were more operators like him. He tracked it down to the EOS on the left flipper. So I got to play more, so now I'm half assed!

Half assed word is: It's decent, but it doesn't quite hit the mark for me. I don't have any big complaints. I like the combination of easier and tougher shots. I also really liked the lighting when Slimer was down. In fact overall the game is very well lit.

Bringing Slimer down and hitting him lights scenes (modes). The scoop then starts the scene. There were other times when three shots were lit for mode start.

Slimer shots were delayed (minor code issue) where you hit Slimer, and it registers the effect from it a couple seconds later.

Part of the problem is that Stern has put out some great games lately. While waiting for the repair I was playing a lot of others. TWD, ST, SM, IM and Tron. GB was fine, but those others are better. I realize that isn't fair to say. I am comparing mature games to something that is unfinished. But like I said, this is a half assed review. I'll revisit it after more play. But so far, it isn't going to live up to the hype.

#77 4 years ago

I just got my chance to put some games on this morning at the local barcade and here is my non expert take on the game. First impressions is that this machine is loaded with stuff and feels like a premium, not a pro. Left ramp is smooth, easy to hit , right ramp is not that bad if you've spent time on machines like The Walking Dead(Arena and Crossbow shot). The Slimer Toy would not register hits all the time and the scolary brothers drop targets would not always go down when hit(and hit hard), but I chalk these two things up to typically new game adjustments. I found the toughest thing was getting all of the newton balls on the left side moved over. Couldn't do it for the life of me and it resets each ball. I'm in on an LE and I have to say that I was really impressed by the Pro! I believe Stern has raised the bar on expectations after this release.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

(For example when you boot the game, the first ball you play seems to always be auto-plunged).

If you mean when you hold the start button to restart in the middle of a game, ST:TNG does the same thing. Interestingly, Dwight did the code on that game too.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Then don't play the game. The game is called Ghostbusters. It looks and sounds like Ghostbusters.

I like the game. I am not in love with every aspect of things I like. And that's OK.

#80 4 years ago

I like the game. I am not in love with every aspect of things I like. And that's OK.

Exactly. But fanboys don't have time for people like us. Any criticism of GB means that you hate the game and results in us being told things like "then don't play the game" because we don't like the theme song.

#81 4 years ago

I think the flipper angles are intentional not an oversight. It's meant to make it harder to cradle the ball and easier to hit some of the shots like the right ramp. Walking dead shipped with the left flipper a little shallow for right ramp shots as well. You can change your own game but then you'll get PWNED if you ever play in tournament or somewhere else.

As for the song, there is something about the tune that sticks in your head after. I like the song but it repeats the tune more often than most songs which I think contributed to it sticking in your head. Luckily, those that want to change this song can do so with pinball browser almost as easily as flipping a setting to a new song. So stern should not have to address this.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Super fast game, and drainy. Though not really down the middle - you miss, the ball sails into the outlanes. I predict a strong market of "outlane extenders" for people who aren't good at pinball.

This mirrors my review I posted when I played the protos at Amusement Expo in Vegas.

Very drainy game, and as another poster said in another post, I have had a number of balls jump the lanes and drain. Some people here are going to find it very frustrating.

Quoted from DaveH:

Half assed word is: It's decent, but it doesn't quite hit the mark for me. I don't have any big complaints

I got to play the game a lot more at the PAPA facility where they had 2 pros set up.

Same as Dave, I don't have any major complaints (art is cool, lots of toys (TM panzerfreak) but the game didn't have that "one more game" factor for me. Don't know what it was, the rules maybe? The layout? The cheap drains? Dunno. After a while I found myself joining my wife at the nearby TWD, even though we have one of those at home.

I didn't dare post this in the Official Fan Boy thread for fear of being hung, drawn and quartered.

rd

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Exactly. But fanboys don't have time for people like us. Any criticism of GB means that you hate the game and results in us being told things like "then don't play the game" because we don't like the theme song.

It has nothing to do with fanboys. It's a reaction to a complaint that is assinine. Suggesting GB shouldn't include the most iconic audio associated with the franchise is mindblowingly stupid. Should IJ not include the iconic movie score? Should POTC not include the "Yo ho" song? Should Mustang not include car noises cuz you've heard car noises all your life and are sick of them? Should Addams family not have multiple variations of the classic theme song? Transformers has 3 or 4 versions of the classic theme song. Audio that represents the theme is a strong point & selling point.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

That's because you're Canadian and they didn't use "eh" in the song.
Who you going call eh? Ghoastbusters ...Eh!

So bad. I mean I don't where you guys get this stuff from.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Suggesting GB shouldn't include the most iconic audio associated with the franchise is mindblowingly stupid.

Who said that?

#86 4 years ago

It has nothing to do with fanboys.

Oh, I beg to differ. And your response here basically proves it, since nobody who hates the theme song in this thread ever said what you say in your very next sentence:

It's a reaction to a complaint that is assinine. Suggesting GB shouldn't include the most iconic audio associated with the franchise is mindblowingly stupid.

As I said previously:

But of course it is no surprise that the theme music would be used in one of those loops.

If you are going to be an overly sensitive fanboy, at least try to make arguments that are based on what people are actually saying.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It has nothing to do with fanboys. It's a reaction to a complaint that is assinine. Suggesting GB shouldn't include the most iconic audio associated with the franchise is mindblowingly stupid. Should IJ not include the iconic movie score? Should POTC not include the "Yo ho" song? Should Mustang not include car noises cuz you've heard car noises all your life and are sick of them? Should Addams family not have multiple variations of the classic theme song? Transformers has 3 or 4 versions of the classic theme song. Audio that represents the theme is a strong point & selling point.

You are right. That track must be included it would be silly if it wasn't. But I agree the catchiness of the tune has an unfortunate sticking factor after the fact. Luckily users can swap songs if they want.

#88 4 years ago

Oh hell yeah, I'll throw some Kung Foo Fighting in any pin.

Might loop it into my TWD to get some upbeat Zombie kill going

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why? Every pinball machine you own has finite loops of music. Why is it only a complaint on games with familiar music? Anyone who loves Ghostbusters loves that song - it's inseparable from the title. If it wasn't there, there'd be more complaints.

Exactly. That's the first thing everyone expects when stepping up to a Ghostbusters pin. It's not my favorite music but sounds great when playing this pin.

#90 4 years ago

I played it at Kzoo. It was fun yet brutal at times. I played 3 games and put up 108M and made the 3rd high score. I don't think I got a single multiball. I also noticed the Scolari Bros drop targets would brick on hard direct shots. Overall I liked it enough to consider buying, but also need to try the premium before making up my mind.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are you calling statements of "I don't like the theme song" stupid or "assinine"? It makes sense that the game has the music. And some people don't like that music. Like, you know, I enjoy pinball, but don't like when people go "ha, you must be some sort of pinball wizard!" It's like totally cool if you like that, but why argue if someone doesn't? Like I said earlier, I wish I enjoyed hearing the song more, but I don't. You calling names isn't going to change that.

#92 4 years ago

You calling names isn't going to change that.

It's what he does.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Why are you calling statements of "I don't like the theme song" stupid or "assinine"? It makes sense that the game has the music. And some people don't like that music. Like, you know, I enjoy pinball, but don't like when people go "ha, you must be some sort of pinball wizard!" It's like totally cool if you like that, but why argue if someone doesn't? Like I said earlier, I wish I enjoyed hearing the song more, but I don't. You calling names isn't going to change that.

I called no one a name. I described behavior.

Quoted from Expletive:

It's what he does.

Put me on ignore please. I will extend you the same courtesy.

#94 4 years ago

Ignore User is your friend. Use it and live in peace. Had it for awhile, then had to click ignore upon return.

#95 4 years ago

I have no intentions of doing that. I will respond to your posts as I deem appropriate. Is that ok with you?

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I have no intentions of doing that. I will respond to your posts as I deem appropriate. Is that ok with you?

You talking to me? Or the "ignored user comments"? Is that ok?

Even though you are an "expletive", I wouldn't put you on ignore. Only have one of those.

#97 4 years ago

I was talking to rarehero

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I was talking to rarehero

Blissfully, I can't see a thing he posts.

#99 4 years ago

hahaha!

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Blissfully, I can't see a thing he posts.

You might want to change your mind about him. When it comes to pinball there is no one who's opinion I respect more. Even when Rarehero and I disagree his thoughts still carry weight with me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside