Topic Stats

• 1,084 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John1210
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F2000_(resized).JPG
ColorLED_(resized).jpg
Storage_(resized).jpg
Glo-Balls_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg

There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 22.
#901 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Lol, just funny to see some of you acting like someone slapped your wife or kicked your dog when someone says something negative about GB... very personal theme I guess!
So GB sucks, who cares! Bring on the next title Stern!

I'm a huge pinball nerd. I didn't like people dissing the amazing, groundbreaking WoZ because Ruby Red Flippers challenged their masculinity, and I don't like people dissing a game that it's really seeming like they've never played.

FORM

YOUR

OWN

OPINION

is that so much to ask?

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

FORM
YOUR
OWN
OPINION
is that so much to ask?

It appears to be for you! You don't seem to take others opinions very well if they are negative towards GB.

#903 3 years ago

I played the game and don't watch Archer. The rest of your conspiracy theory ignored....

Quoted from Cornelius:

I don't recall EVERY SINGLE MODE I PLAYED.

You probably didn't start any....or saw the same one over and over.

There's more to story/mode based games than multiball and scores. You're playing for the experience. Right now too much of that experience is unobtainable, even for good players.

Again - try something like LOTR. Beloved game. Every time you hit the mode start shot (Ring), you get a new mode...new shots, new voices,new music. That is exciting and fun. If every game of LOTR forced you to start with Witch King and complete it before being able to play other modes, LOTR would be a hated game. Those who finish LOTR modes are rewarded with an Elf Gift. Those who don't do not get a gift, but are not punished by playing the same mode again.

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It appears to be for you! You don't seem to take others opinions very well if they are negative towards GB.

Holy cow I'm going to say this one more time: I DONT THINK THE NAYSAYERS HAVE PLAYED IT AND / OR SPENT MORE THAN 5 MINUTES WITH IT.

Negative opinions are one thing but when people are like OH MY GOODNESS THE FLIPPER GAP IS TOO HUGE and I play it and I don't ever find that to be the case? Don't you think there's just something a LITTLE off about that? Or is it because I'm just some random goofball on the internet and the naysayers are all top seeded members of the PBC?

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I played the game and don't watch Archer. The rest of your conspiracy theory ignored....

Don't watch Archer but got a Family Guy avatar? oooooooh, maybe we're dealing with a difference of tastes.

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Again - try something like LOTR. Beloved game.

Waaaaay too easy of a game, I get bored.

#907 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Me thinks you didn't read my review. Scroll back and read my first impressions. I played it & have a Premium on order.
In case you don't feel like it, short version:
-Huge flipper gap makes the game too hard for the amount of content in the game
-Forced replay of modes is a roadblock for players to enjoy the characters and humor of the license.
These things de-fun the game. Gap and outlanes can be fixed with mods. The mode completion thing is up to Dwight. If anyone feels the same way about the forced mode replays, please let the people at Stern know. If it's clear that this is something that many feel reduce the fun factor of the game, perhaps we'll get an option setting to change it. Thank you!

FFS! Sell the game already. Nothing is going to please or change anything for you with this game.

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

FFS! Sell the game already. Nothing is going to please or change anything for you with this game.

Not true. If the code is revised to not force mode replay, I will be pleased.

#909 3 years ago

Sweet downvote, Rarehero.

I wonder what the Pinside turnover rate is like?

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Waaaaay too easy of a game, I get bored.

Why are you avoiding the topic of forced mode replay vs. mode advancement?

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Don't watch Archer but got a Family Guy avatar? oooooooh, maybe we're dealing with a difference of tastes.

You're new, I take it? Taste isn't the issue.

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Holy cow I'm going to say this one more time: I DONT THINK THE NAYSAYERS HAVE PLAYED IT AND / OR SPENT MORE THAN 5 MINUTES WITH IT.
Negative opinions are one thing but when people are like OH MY GOODNESS THE FLIPPER GAP IS TOO HUGE and I play it and I don't ever find that to be the case? Don't you think there's just something a LITTLE off about that? Or is it because I'm just some random goofball on the internet and the naysayers are all top seeded members of the PBC?

Well I have played it, I have had two different sessions on it at Pub 340 in Vancouver, I was recently in Edmonton and it hit the Denizen Hall and played it there. Then I hit the NWPS on Sunday and tried it once again. So I have played three different machines on 4 separate occasions. You just sound like a ranting child, take it down man. By the way if anyone is ever in Edmonton the Denizen Hall was awesome, great place to play. Pub 340 is great too but it is too seedy for some, so just be warned.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why are you avoiding the topic of forced mode replay vs. mode advancement?

Because I don't give a shit? Fun is fun, I find the game fun, you don't, sell the game Mr. Moneybags and find a new topic to complain about.

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Sweet downvote, Rarehero.
I wonder what the Pinside turnover is like?

Try having a conversation instead of deflecting. And don't get butthurt over downvote. It means "Disagree". I disagree with how you're making accusations and ignoring questions.

#915 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well I have played it, I have had to two different sessions on it at Pub 340 in Vancouver, I was recently in Edmonton and it hit the Denizen Hall and played it there. Then I hit the NWPS on sunday and tried it once again. So I have played three different machines on 4 separate occasions. You just sound like a ranting child, take it down man. By the way if anyone is ever in Edmonton the Denizen Hall was awesome, great place to play. Pub 340 is great too but it is too seedy for some, so just be warned.

Well I was going to give you props for having a different opinion, but then I get the ranting child bullshit and I'm like, well, shit. Why bother?

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Try having a conversation instead of deflecting. And don't get butthurt over downvote. It means "Disagree". I disagree with how you're making accusations and ignoring questions.

Eh, the conversations around here are popularity contests.

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're new, I take it? Taste isn't the issue.

I get it, you work for the shitty show. Golfclap.

#918 3 years ago

Wow, Cornelius you are really taking this personal! Are you one of the guys that paid 10k for your LE?

6k by Christmas!

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Well I was going to give you props for having a different opinion, but then I get the ranting child bullshit and I'm like, well, shit. Why bother?

Dude you saying the naysayers are all liars having never even played it and blasting all caps, got call it like I see it.

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Because I don't give a shit? Fun is fun, I find the game fun, you don't, sell the game Mr. Moneybags and find a new topic to complain about.

Ah, more insults. Hey, I tried to keep it civil. Can I call you Mr. Fuckface Piece of Shit, since we're on an asshole to asshole basis right now?

I'm discussing the game because no Stern code is set in stone. Code updates can massively change the gameplay and fun of a game if the programmer is open to it. It's happened before. Lonnie added an option to fix the Transformers roadblock, for example. Lyman added many player suggestions to Metallica.

Feedback is important!

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Wow, Cornelius you are really taking this personal! Are you one of the guys that paid 10k for your LE?
6k by Christmas!

You can look at my game collection dude, I can't afford new machines.

Quoted from Darscot:

Dude you saying the naysayers are all liars and never even player it and blasting all caps, got call it like I see it.

I appreciate the cut of your jib. I hope you enjoyed some poutine and back bacon after wasting your time with the shitty GB machines.

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I get it, you work for the shitty show. Golfclap.

Wow, what a fucking asshole...

#923 3 years ago

Reminds me of AP, "Scotty, Take it down a notch".

scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg

#924 3 years ago

It's funny because I do play it every time I see it, and I probably will down the line because I enjoy the playfield and music, but I wish the game were more irreverent in its modes. "Stop the books from floating back and forth"? What? And when you do something in a mode, nothing of note happens, which is weird because this seems like a theme begging for a ton of funny visual imagery, which I'm really missing. It's a bummer! I think they were a little bit hamstrung by the dry humor of the film (all the callouts from it feel very subdued).

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Center post?!
It's not even a particularly center-drain prone game. The important shots are all off to the side.
My experience anyway.

Just an example: it went from the above comment to OH MY GOD THERE'S LIKE A FOOTBALL FIELD LENGTH BETWEEN THE FLIPPERS

And I'm supposed to believe a lot of time was spent on this machine?

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, what a fucking asshole...

Sorry, it's a shitty show IMHFO. I'm sure you get paid well on it, so good for you. Glad you can buy a bunch of pins that you can turn around and go on Pinside and talk about how shitty they are.

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

You can look at my game collection dude, I can't afford new machines.

I appreciate the cut of your jib. I hope you enjoyed some poutine and back bacon after wasting your time with the shitty GB machines.

I honestly hit a poutine food truck for lunch today, gourmet level poutine, it was killer,enjoyed every bite.

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ah, more insults. Hey, I tried to keep it civil. Can I call you Mr. Fuckface Piece of Shit, since we're on an asshole to asshole basis right now?

You can just call me Fuckface for short.

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I honestly hit a poutine food truck for lunch today, gourmet level poutine, it was killer,enjoyed every bite.

I'm insanely jealous, no joking whatsoever

#930 3 years ago

Would be nice if you didnt have to complete the modes if you were newbie or bad player but then the game might be to easy. Maybe Dwight could make it a setting to turn off mode completion but im leaving mine the way it is. If it takes 5x to get past the couple shots on "who brought the dog" i can see hating on the game and thats some poor playing really. You can move the skill shot to any mode shot before plunging to start the mode corresponding with the shot as long as you make the skill shot first before hitting anything else. So if you dont want to see a mode over and over start a different one. My 6yr old completed 3 modes last night and got his first Storage Mball today. I think alot of location games are setup to take your money more then have fun on with short ball savers, open outlanes, and steep angles.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Sorry, it's a shitty show IMHFO. I'm sure you get paid well on it, so good for you. Glad you can buy a bunch of pins that you can turn around and go on Pinside and talk about how shitty they are.

I don't have to justify my career or how I "hobby" to you. This is a good place with good people who have great insight and experience with pinball. For some reason, you're choosing to be a vomit's vomit rather than engaging people like a human being. Nothing else to say to you.

Ignore button, activate.

#932 3 years ago

"Doesn't agree with me" = "Not engaging like a human being"

By the way, the ignore button is the last resort of a scoundrel. Although I have Russel_H or Marshall_H or whoever on ignore because they were just a shitbag's mouthpiece. But still. SORRY I DISAGREE WITH YOU OH RAREHERO

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Just an example: it went from the above comment to OH MY GOD THERE'S LIKE A FOOTBALL FIELD LENGTH BETWEEN THE FLIPPERS
And I'm supposed to believe a lot of time was spent on this machine?

I've probably played 10 hours on this game since I made my original comments. The flipper gap is indeed a drag, especially considering the trademark "Trudeau pop bumper center drain" action.

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

you can hit the middle ramp as the Lannister family all day long on GoT and get beauchamp points

Nope. Totally wrong.

No shot in GOT will give you mega points (except the ram in multiballs, after you build up to the SJ)

Combinations of shots will. GOT is all about combinations.

rd

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've probably played 10 hours on this game since I made my original comments. The flipper gap is indeed a drag, especially considering the trademark "Trudeau pop bumper center drain" action.

Maybe they should just eliminate the flipper gap altogether so that your ball times can last longer? Something tells me you'd still find a way to complain about how, like, you just can't death save like you used to.

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope. Totally wrong.
No shot in GOT will give you mega points (except the ram in multiballs, after you build up to the SJ)
Combinations of shots will. GOT is all about combinations.
rd

I'm not saying this is a score that would guarantee me 1st place in all competitions, but I wasn't mad at this at all, and this was just me spamming the middle ramp:

image_(resized).jpeg

#937 3 years ago

Starting to think maybe the Pro version is a big problem here, as it's all that's available now and really sucks compared to the Prem/Le with real locks, harder to hit steep ramp, magical slings etc. Won't fix code concerns but I believe Jack Dangers peeps enjoyed it 3x more! The Pro on this mother feels like a plastic one-ramp POS kids toy. Ya'll should not have bought that ver. Shame you couldn't even wait one more month for the Prem to come out before pulling the trigger

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Maybe they should just eliminate the flipper gap altogether

No, that would be incredibly stupid. A pinball game needs a gap between the flippers or it will be much too easy.

Which would have been good is if they had tested this game more and implemented changes. It's clear to me that this game was rushed out warts an all. I mean, the center ramp is the main shot of the game! And if you miss this fairly tight shot, you'll hit a standup. Which means there's a huge chance of an air ball which lands on the left plastic and ends up who knows where.

Playing ghostbusters is a very unrefined and frustrating experience.

Also I don't think you know what "death save" means. You can do them on ghostbusters.

#939 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Playing ghostbusters is a very unrefined and frustrating experience.

You say that like its a bad thing.

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also I don't think you know what "death save" means. You can do them on ghostbusters.

Not if there wasn't a flipper gap. Or at least, it'd be quite difficult.

I mean, I think that's the case. I've only been playing pinball for 40 years now. Don't know if I know all the newfangled slang.

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lets be honest though - 99.9999% of players do NOT play games that way. Only people looking for tournament exploits. Pretty much every mode based game ever doesn't require completion to advance..."timing out modes" is generally a non issue. Only people who aren't playing for fun will do that. Most mode based games give you some reward for completion - but do not require it.

Depends on your objective.. on Stern StarTrek for instance you do need to complete the mode to keep advancing the missions. Exploits in games that impact tournament play either get cleaned up in the game (like AC/DC has) or get left out of tournaments period (BoP for instance).

I was speaking more to you point about 'no one does this' - sure they do.. it depends on the style of the player and their objectives. And in games with interested programmers like Lyman who want their game to excel and not seen as having some 'weakness' have put in extra time to polish those rough points out when they are found.

I'm not disagreeing with you regarding desire to see change here.. just disagreeing over your statement about people playing a certain way and the lack of consequences in some suggestions.

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Not if there wasn't a flipper gap. Or at least, it'd be quite difficult.
I mean, I think that's the case. I've only been playing pinball for 40 years now. Don't know if I know all the newfangled slang.

Well, then surely, with your pinball experience dating back to the nixon adminstration, you know that with no flipper gap a death save could still be accomplished by raising the flipper.

The point is moot as I don't think they'll be making machines like that anytime soon.

The real question is, why did stern rush this game out without it being properly tested and refined? I mean , the sales were already there. It's not like they had any strict deadlines to make. Maybe they were just too cheap.

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, then surely, with your pinball experience dating back to the nixon adminstration

Man, between that comment and your comment about Mr. Trudeau, you really lack respect for your elders.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The real question is, why did stern rush this game out without it being properly tested and refined? I mean , the sales were already there. It's not like they had any strict deadlines to make. Maybe they were just too cheap.

I don't know man, maybe Stern should hire you and Kaneda as the heads of QC. Yawl both know everything, nobody else knows a goddamn thing, and you're both the best thing since handiwipes.

#944 3 years ago

Jesus I don't know what to think now...Cornelius is making more sense to me by the minute
Although I don't think it's a ton of fun, and I've played a lot of it, I don't need the game to be changed. Some games are harder than others. JT has never been one of my favorite designers.

#945 3 years ago

I wish there was an emoji of a guy sitting back eating popcorn.

The past 55+ posts have been pure Gold!

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus I don't know what to think now...Cornelius is making more sense to me by the minute

I'm not going to be satisfied until o-din posts a picture of Planet of the Apes.

#947 3 years ago

Man... is it male PMS day... or maybe it's low T...

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Starting to think maybe the Pro version is a big problem here, as it's all that's available now and really sucks compared to the Prem/Le with real locks, harder to hit steep ramp, magical slings etc. Won't fix code concerns but I believe Jack Dangers peeps enjoyed it 3x more! The Pro on this mother feels like a plastic one-ramp POS kids toy. Ya'll should not have bought that ver. Shame you couldn't even wait one more month for the Prem to come out before pulling the trigger

Starting to think you don't know what you're talking about.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Man... is it male PMS day... or maybe it's low T...

Maybe It's Hard like your avatar?

#950 3 years ago

Geez some people on both sides of the fence have really got their panties in a bunch over a pinball game.
This thread is hilarious, it is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1084 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside