image_(resized).png
stern-ghostbusterspro-cabinetlf-01xjpg-0d86a0_765w_copy_(resized).jpg
am_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
scotty_take_it_down_a_notch_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160528_101331_(resized).jpg
20160528_101348_(resized).jpg
There are 1,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's certainly a shoot on the fly game.

Nope, that's why it was drainy on ya. It's all about making your shots and ball control.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Our machine had right flipper hop though, so pretty much through away the super hard task of starting MB anyway.

It's too bad you had a machine that wasn't working correctly. I'm sure that didnt help first impressions.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Could someone who has the game slice a post rubber and see if it hold on the end of the guide, and doesnt interfere?

I could, I have some spare Cliffy post rubber's. Give me a minute or two (I won't be keeping it on the game mind you).

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Nope, that's why it was drainy on ya. It's all about making your shots and ball control.

LOL

Thanks, I'll change my strategy from missing all my shots and not controlling the ball.

#454 7 years ago

This game seems awesome can't wait to have a brutal game to compliment my scared stiff also it seems a lot of the brutality can be fixed if desired. For one it seems the game plays better after getting broken in and use to the shots, the outlanes post could be adjusted down seems almost all are in the middle, the wire lanes the ball is jumpin could be modified or replaced to be higher then u can always get crazy with longer flippers or center post. Personally I plan on keeping it stock the one adjustment I would make is higher metal lanes if this truly is a problem as I don't belive that interferes with original intent of the game.

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL
Thanks, I'll change my strategy from missing all my shots and not controlling the ball.

Yep, just play better.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's a quick'n dirty photoshop - what if Stern did this from the factory? Shorten the outlane guide, and put a post w/ rubber at the end. Could this solve the drain issues?

Drain_Fix_(resized).jpg

At first thought it seems that might have been the way to go

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Could someone who has the game slice a post rubber and see if it hold on the end of the guide, and doesnt interfere?

Here's what it looks like.

It did seem to make the game easier if that's what people are looking for.

Edit: Requested pic, not how my game is played.

20160502_141339_(resized).jpg20160502_141339_(resized).jpg

#458 7 years ago

I just play the pro for the first time and I only had a few minutes to play but that is all I needed because the ball disappeared so fast all I could do is to feed it more quarters.i have never played a game so brutal and my mustang feels like the a hobbit compared.the flippers needed to be adjusted up a few mm, lower the posts down and raise the lane guides ,I suck so I need all the help I can get and a center post would be really great because the gap looks to be much wider than my mustang but I know it is the same,I need a lot more time on the pin to say anything else

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL

Seriously, the game depends on it! You get punished for missing shots for sure. That ghost stand up is like Palantir, hit that dead on and it's straight down the middle. Same with the drops. Both require grazing shots.

Lots of the feeds set up perfect for dead bounces to a flipper catch.

Mind you, I've had a lot of time on my game already (Close to 100 games), so I'm getting used to the way it shoots.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Oh so you changed the factory setting to a fully closed lane, and then posted a fat score pic?

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's a quick'n dirty photoshop - what if Stern did this from the factory? Shorten the outlane guide, and put a post w/ rubber at the end. Could this solve the drain issues?

Drain_Fix_(resized).jpg

That would help but at this point the game is in production and likely won't change. Good idea. Maybe owners or operators could use a post rubber on the end of the ball lane guide as well? Could just be snipped on one end and then put over the end of the lane guide.

Personally, I would just change the outlane post position to the lowest setting. On most games the middle position is default but on Ghostbusters it should be the lowest setting in my opinion as default.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh so you changed the factory spot to a fully closed lane, and then posted a fat score pic?

Impressive.

I might try the "no outlane" strategy before I try the "make shots and control ball" plan.

Then I'll tell everybody to "play better."

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally, I would just change the outlane post position to the lowest setting. On most games the middle position is default but on Ghostbusters it should be the lowest setting in my opinion as default.

Sure why not...GOT came all the way open and that worked well.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Could just be snipped on one end and then put over the end of the lane guide.

Operators wouldn't go that route because they like to make monies and don;t like rubber part s coming off and gumming things up.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh so you changed the factory swtting to a fully closed lane, and then posted a fat score pic?

Edit: The above pic was requested, it is not how my game is.

Yup! We had a party Saturday night, lots of folks came to play the new pin. Kids here as well. Everyone had a blast with the game (disclaimer: My flippers were functioning normal, as was Slimer)

I put that score up prior to guests arriving.

Started ballroom (left ramp ladder, starts with 'We Got One!' which is 3 shots to complete, then 'He Slimed Me', 3 left ramp shots, an orbit than bash Slimer, so 5 shots) and started Storage Facility multi ball. 10 seconds into that, Mass Hysteria started, which added balls and reversed flippers (for a 6 ball multi). Had 2x and 3x play field scoring running. I thought it was pretty fun.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I might try the "no outlane" strategy before I try the "make shots and control ball" plan.

? I had the post in the lowest spot (which is where it will be for location). The lane was not closed at all.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

? I had the post in the lowest spot (which is where it will be for location). The lane was not closed at all.

Quoted from smokedog:

Edit: The above pic was requested, it is not how my game is.

So did you move the outlane post to the lowest spot or not?

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'm trying to figure out why you thought none of your guests would have any fun on this game unless you stuffed a bunch of aftermarket rubber in the outlanes?

I'm also trying to figure out how you put 6 billion up on this game. You must be one heck of a pinball player!

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So did you move the outlane post to the lowest spot or not?

Yes, it was in the lowest position, as that's where it will be when I put it on location.

It will not have the little piece of post rubber on the ball guide. That pic was requested, so I figured I would oblige. The 6.5 billion was not done with the little piece of post rubber.

#469 7 years ago

This is off topic but does anyone modify AC/DC to ease up on the drains, I have the lanes on the most closed and it is still a bitch.

On the GB topic I think I'm going to head to Pub 340 tonight and check it out.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yes, it was in the lowest position, as that's where it will be when I put it on location.
It will not have the little piece of post rubber on the ball guide. That pic was requested, so I figured I would oblige. The 6.5 billion was not done with the little piece of post rubber.

Right...are not understanding we don't appreciate you telling us to play better, when we're playing it the way it ships and you've made yours easier?

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm trying to figure out why you thought none of your guests would have any fun on this game unless you stuffed a bunch of aftermarket rubber in the outlanes?
I'm also trying to figure out how you put 6 billion up on this game. You must be one heck of a pinball player!

I added the Cliffy post rubber and moved it to the lowest position.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right...are not understanding we don't appreciate you telling us to play better, when we're playing it the way it ships and you've made yours easier?

Huh. And here I was trying to control the ball and make all my shots (which often sends the ball sailing into the outlanes anyway if your shots happen to be slimer, anywhere near a pop bumper, or a drop target) and all i had to do was lower those posts two notches and add some cliffy post rubbers?

I like sanctimonious "play better" bullshit as much as the next guy (I'm a huge fan of STTNG and I think outlane extenders are lame), but I really hate when people post brag scores on altered, non factory games. I'm not impressed.

#473 7 years ago

As far as side drains go, my Iron Man (open lanes), is still worse than GB. GB punishes missed shots more than IM does, however.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

As far as side drains go, my Iron Man (open lanes), is still worse than GB. GB punishes missed shots more than IM does, however.

There can be only one! Time to open up GB and test them. You never know...wide open might even help GB more.

The standard rubber set up on GB seems to shoot the ball down hard if it hits them on the way out.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cool beans bro.

I was just trying to impart that the game is not a flail game at all. I had the game a week at stock and managed a few games around 500 million. And those were accomplished by making shots and ball control.

Sorry for sarcastically (with winky face and all) telling folks to play better. It's Saul Goodman.

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

posts two notches

It's one notch. It ships in the middle.

#477 7 years ago

I didn't think that GB was all that drainy, but I did think that the shots were tight and long with some tough angles. You miss shots more on GB...and that's ok! I like having a non-standard layout that forces you to learn it specifically rather than pounding ramps that are set to those same old sweet spots on a flipper. But it's a fact that in pinball that missed shots lead to drains. Once you start hitting shots, you stay out of trouble so much more. By the end of the night at the launch party, people were having much, much longer ball times.

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Cool beans bro.
I was just trying to impart that the game is not a flail game at all. I had the game a week at stock and managed a few games around 500 million. And those were accomplished by making shots and ball control.
Sorry for sarcastically (with winky face and all) telling folks to play better. It's Saul Goodman.

You were trying to impart that we suck at pinball and that's why you are getting monster scores and we aren't. That's why it was a little disengenious after your reveal that you have altered your game.

Look dude. We all know if you want to play pinball better you "make your shots" and "control the ball."

The point is, I've TRIED it that way. The shallow flippers and wide gap make it difficult to control the ball. It's almost like a 60s EM that way. So it made sense to try to adjust my strategy and make more shots on the fly, rather than getting cute all the time trying to trap the ball. It helped me get my scores up.

If I had the game in my house and I was playing it all the time, I'd manage some 500 million games too. I had a 900 million game on location last week. But my point was that it really just felt lucky. The game is such a chaotic crapshoot it's hard to feel like I really accomplished anything.

But hey, maybe the op will be nice enough to let me close up the lanes, turn off the tilt, and add some rubber, and maybe I'll be able to get some of those awesome 6 billion scores you are racking up.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

You didn't use any emoticons for like 4 posts...but whatever.
I'm just glad Nibor has stopped down voting everyone - account blocked

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's almost like a 60s EM that way.

I said exactly this when I was playing it. EDIT: got a few what we call "Solid State Player" moves where you just let the ball roll off the flipper down the middle.

#480 7 years ago

I'm definitely looking forward to getting more play in on this game, but I do hope either there'll be fewer outlane-hopping airballs as the machines age or operators put in some of mod for that. It'll be interesting to see a strategy develop. Finding out what NOT to hit seems important.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You were trying to impart that we suck at pinball and that's why you are getting monster scores and we aren't. That's why it was a little disengenious after your reveal that you have altered your game.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It was not my intention to trigger anything. I would have figured most OPs would have lowered the post. I typically do for my location games. People seem to enjoy them more, and the games earn more. My bad for assuming.

I have had to nudge and slap save this game more than any other. Also more dead bounces to flipper catches. It seems a lot of the feeds are built for it.

All I can say is give the game more time. Myself, and the many guests who have come to played have enjoyed the game a lot. It's a great lay out, and the software will only get better. I think JT has a winner in this game.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game is such a chaotic crapshoot it's hard to feel like I really accomplished anything.

I can't wait for your GBLE review. Although I guess it's possible the magna slings could make it less chaotic .

#483 7 years ago

To play GB right. It has to be level. Checked on the playfield and not use the bubble in the machine.

I played 2 at different locations and the ball has flown over the flippers or Lane guides and drained from direct shots to the X targets beside the left ramp. Or direct shots to other targets, drops etc.

Mine at home, leveled to 6.5 deg. Using a inclinometer it's maybe happened a few times in 100 + games.

Factory defaults for coil strengths and settings. Lane posts all the way down. No issues.

PKE frenzy skill shot to mode start is very lucrative in points. And do well on mass hysteria and double it up by getting another 100 ghosts while in mass hysteria with multipliers going.

Set up GB right and it's amazingly fun and a deep game that requires planned controlled shots. Learn the rules. Take your time, catch and aim. And you will get huge scores.

received_10207807064549418_(resized).jpegreceived_10207807064549418_(resized).jpeg

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's almost like a 60s EM that way.

As people really seem to be enjoying the short ball time EMesque type game play. They may want to actually give somes EMs a try. There are lots to choose from and they can also be very fun.

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

They may want to actually give somes EMs a try. There are lot's to choose from and are also very fun.

Ha...you know that's not likely!

#486 7 years ago

I just play the pro for the first time and I only had a few minutes to play but that is all I needed because the ball disappeared so fast all I could do is to feed it more quarters.i have never played a game so brutal and my mustang feels like the hobbit compared.the flippers needed to be adjusted up a few mm, lower the posts down and raise the lane guides ,I suck so I need all the help I can get and a center post would be really great because the gap looks to be much wider than my mustang but I know it is the same,I need a lot more time on the pin to say anything else

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Here's what it looks like.
Edit: Requested pic, not how my game is played.
20160502_141339_(resized).jpg

Shoot, leave the room for 5 minutes, and a dozen posts!

Thank you for doing this!

So I dont ruffle feathers, I am not advocating everyone doing this, more a way, possibly to
fix the issue, for those that have complaints.

#488 7 years ago

Ok, so far my GB LE list of things to do once I unbox it:

1) Lower outlane posts
2) Replace rubbers with post rubber
3) Cut post rubber and apply to outlane wire guide
4) Possibly raise ball guide wireform
5) Shorten spring on Scoleri brothers drop targets
6) Check if Slimer is registering as many people report issues with it
7) Check level and set to 6.5*, but do not use bubble level as that isn't accurate
8 ) Change ball save to 12 seconds minimum
9) Replace balls with PBL oh shiny balls
10) Disable Tilt

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

1) Lower outlane posts
7) Check level and set to 6.5*, but do not use bubble level as that isn't accurate

9) Post billion plus high scores and watch people lose their shit

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Well you'd want to rooster around aboot how bad ass you are and give some tips for other players involved in the Finals of launch parties before showing your "dialed down" machine.

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you'd want to rooster around aboot how bad ass you are and give some tips for other players involved in the Finals of launch parties before showing your "dialed down" machine.

Whoops, forgot the sarcastic smiley again.

Quoted from erak:

Set up GB right and it's amazingly fun and a deep game that requires planned controlled shots. Learn the rules. Take your time, catch and aim. And you will get huge scores.

I was trying to impart what Erak ended up saying more eloquently. *shrug*

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Whoops, forgot the sarcastic smiley again.

me too

Quoted from smokedog:

I was trying to impart what Erak ended up saying more eloquently. *shrug*

When he said right off the bat he's lowered his outlanes? Yeah he eloquently mentioned it by actually mentioning it unlike you who got caught fibbing a bit.
EDIT Oh sorry forgot

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I suck at pinball and play to have fun, and also have my wife and kids enjoy the machine. I have zero interest in posting scores online, I just want to enjoy myself for the 8 grand I am spending. I'll adjust accordingly in order to make GB enjoyable based on our skill level, and also the newbs that come to my house to play sometimes

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

1) Lower outlane posts

First thing I would do is change out the balls!

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I suck at pinball and play to have fun, and also have my wife and kids enjoy the machine.

Yeah Get ready to dial it way back. My wife excited for the theme and look, but I can see her rage quitting this thing right quick.

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When he said right off the bat he's lowered his outlanes?

Do you think with the out lane posts in the middle, those scores are unattainable?

#497 7 years ago

If you watched the JD live stream a while back you saw a huge score get racked up by Dwight because he knew how to get the huge bonus multipliers!

The scoring is way out of balance right now. Hopefully Dwight tightens that up.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Get ready to dial it way back. My wife excited for the theme and look, but I can see her rage quitting this thing right quick.

Hilarious. My wife had enough of my new Indy 500 after a few plays.

Wife and kids had no interest in my TWD but they want to play GB! It needs to be set up as "playable" for the stiffs.

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It needs to be set up as "playable" for the stiffs.

At stock for the first week, kids and partner loved it. It gets played constantly.

Posts lowered they enjoy it even more.

And with that, I'll bow out of this thread in the most Canadian way possible. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, and I will buy the first round if we ever meet up at the SCS Nationals.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

To play GB right. It has to be level. Checked on the playfield and not use the bubble in the machine.

Sadly the one I played on had a bit of a tilt to the right, which meant a lot of STDM drains that probably wouldn't have been an issue otherwise, so this is definitely important (as if it ever isn't, haha).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.95
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-my-half-ass-review/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.