image (resized).jpg
IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
IMG_3123 (resized).JPG
d862050e8cfc4b05efaedac62699dd8d9bef996e (resized).jpg
IMGA0641[1] (resized).JPG
IMGA0595[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_2996 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 7 years ago

New Books mod very cheap 10$ Ebay im not selling these just wanted to share covers up that black metal fits perfectly

IMG_6626 (resized).JPGIMG_6626 (resized).JPG

IMG_6625 (resized).JPGIMG_6625 (resized).JPG

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

New Books mod very cheap 10$ Ebay im not selling these just wanted to share covers up that black metal fits perfectly

Post a link if you don't mind. Thank you.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Post a link if you don't mind. Thank you.

Pinball hog Go to ebay and search dollhouse books theres tons

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Pinball hog Go to ebay and search dollhouse books theres tons

Thanks

#405 7 years ago

i think DIY is a good & easy option too

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

» YouTube video wanted to add interactive speaker lighting looks way better in person

nice !

did you connect this directly to the spike board (which i doubt) !?

or just use an Y under the playfield, taking power the the corresponding flashers ? (and keeping them too on the PF or not ?)
i already did this for my TF, to animate the backglass, was more than nice

i'm waiting for more infos, as surelly wanna do it for the GB (about BG, not the speakers)

#407 7 years ago

No problem

#408 7 years ago

whatever happened to Mezel mods GB items? It has been many months with none of the pre-advertised items seem available??
Tim, please let us know what is going on??

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

whatever happened to Mezel mods GB items? It has been many months with none of the pre-advertised items seem available??

You would probably have a better response go to gb mezl mods devolping thread

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

They did let us know.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, they have partnered with Stern for an official license of these mods. And Stern is making them redesign some things and are dragging their feet on approval.
So we are kind of stuck in a limbo on these.

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I used two police car led kits from Evans designs. I put one in the back and one in the front.

Started with mine this night. Any advise how to drill those headlights? They are very tiny. I did the blue lights, waiting on my flashing kit.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Started with mine this night. Any advise how to drill those headlights? They are very tiny. I did the blue lights, waiting on my flashing kit.

Very carefully
I took a nice small bit and just went for it, amazingly it went easier than I thought. You just have to be careful when you start to stay in the center of the bulb area.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Use a magnifying glass headset so you can see close up what the bit is doing. It's a must have piece of equipment for working on pins.

#414 7 years ago

Headphone jack mod...

20161026_224805 (resized).jpg20161026_224805 (resized).jpg

20161026_224814 (resized).jpg20161026_224814 (resized).jpg

#415 7 years ago

Has anyone tried relocating the power switch to that same spot? I hate the new location.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Has anyone tried relocating the power switch to that same spot? I hate the new location.

It's annoying having to reach back :/ not a fan of drilling my cabinet but since it is just a switch, you could run wire and put it anywhere.

#417 7 years ago

I don't want to drill anything but I thought a switch might fit in that blank spot.
Might have to give it a try

#418 7 years ago

Somebody did it i just don't remember who I believe they drilled a whole in the plastic up front and mounted the switch it looked factory

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I don't want to drill anything but I thought a switch might fit in that blank spot.
Might have to give it a try

You could always put a push on push off lit Angel Eye switch there. I put a few of the momentary switches on some of my other games, BOP, Space Station and Space Shuttle to start a game and they really look cool. Because they are almost flush it would mount in the recess of that spot perfectly an you'd never have to worry about accidently bumping into it and shutting the game off.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

Headphone jack mod...

i did the exact same thing on my got a few months ago and it works perfectly.

** someone did the power switch in that area, trying to find the thread (hmm might be in the got kick ass thread) **

GOT Headphone (resized).JPGGOT Headphone (resized).JPG

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

If someone made a some kind of noninvasive power switch relocation mod for the newer Sterns, they'd probably sell tons of them. How much money is Stern really saving on wire by moving it to the head...

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i did the exact same thing on my got a few months ago and it works perfectly.
** someone did the power switch in that area, trying to find the thread (hmm might be in the got kick ass thread) **

Nice!

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I used two police car led kits from Evans designs. I put one in the back and one in the front.

I looked at those Evans kits. Do you have a link to the exact ones you used?

#424 7 years ago

I also followed Aquapin's containment mod idea and posted in the original thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade#post-3411117

Here are some pics of my test fit tonight.

IMG_3532 (resized).JPGIMG_3532 (resized).JPG

IMG_3538 (resized).JPGIMG_3538 (resized).JPG

IMG_3544 (resized).JPGIMG_3544 (resized).JPG

IMG_3548 (resized).JPGIMG_3548 (resized).JPG

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

I'd be interested as well, also which car do you have? The hot wheels or a bigger one?

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

If someone made a some kind of noninvasive power switch relocation mod for the newer Sterns, they'd probably sell tons of them. How much money is Stern really saving on wire by moving it to the head...

I asked pinovators to make a relocation kit and was just told me to use one of those remote control on off kits

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'd be interested as well, also which car do you have? The hot wheels or a bigger one?

I'm using the smaller, 1/64 Hot Wheels one.

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I asked pinovators to make a relocation kit and was just told me to use one of those remote control on off kits

That really does make the most sense, but "another" remote control to keep track of. But you can always tape it to the bottom front of the game.

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That really does make the most sense, but "another" remote control to keep track of. But you can always tape it to the bottom front of the game.

We had a few design ideas for the lower switch to be located at the tourney button hole. But really what it comes down to is the possibility of liability running the exposed high voltage in the cabinet.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

We had a few design ideas for the lower switch to be located at the tourney button hole. But really what it comes down to is the possibility of liability running the exposed high voltage in the cabinet.

I can see why, especially with the high voltage being in the bb where the wires would be flexed and routed through holes.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I also followed Aquapin's containment mod idea and posted in the original thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade#post-3411117
Here are some pics of my test fit tonight.

Such a cool mod!!! Glad people with pro's have this option

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I've used the belkin wemo outlets with success, but you are only limited to one wifi aka you can't have multiple locations, just your one.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from Jive:

I couldn't make a link work but this is what I ordered

And this was the car I used

IMG_1177 (resized).JPGIMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).PNGIMG_1178 (resized).PNG

I only used the blue from this kit, and I ordered two kits.
I already did my headlights in nano warm white led, you may be able to use the ones that come with the kit but I think they might be too big.
The red single light on the roof was a fast flash nano

#437 7 years ago

Here it is installed

I want to wire it to come on at certain times, does anyone have any ideas?

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I already did my headlights in nano warm white led, you may be able to use the ones that come with the kit but I think they might be too big.

Ok, that is the kit I was looking at, and that's the Ecto I have as well. Thanks for the link!

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Here it is installed
» YouTube video

I'm gonna look into this once I get mine built. I assume you just tapped into the GI for yous?

#440 7 years ago

I added the Memel mods power tap and wired into that for now.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Did you put new sirens on top. My ecto 1 looks like the blue sirens are not see through. It looks like if I put lights in them you couldn't see the light through them.

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Did you put new sirens on top. My ecto 1 looks like the blue sirens are not see through. It looks like if I put lights in them you couldn't see the light through them.

Ya I looked at my two pack of hot wheels Gb cars and it seems like solid blue so wasn't sure.

#444 7 years ago

Just watched Ghost Busters and Ghost Busters II movie as my premium is due next week! Man are there a ton of ideas for mods just watching the movies...

Statue of Liberty
Toaster
Pink Slime
Floating baby
Bath tub
Toaster

Fun stuff

#445 7 years ago

I watched them yesterday too

As for the police car lights I used a dremel wire wheel and took the paint off the outside light sections and painted the center one silver

#446 7 years ago

Stacking books

IMG_6638 (resized).JPGIMG_6638 (resized).JPG

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Here it is installed
» YouTube video

What voltage do they use? If it's the same voltage as the inserts, you could hook them up to an insert that lights solid during a certain mode. If you want to hook up to a flashing insert you could use my T.I.L.T. Mods Basic F2S board. https://www.timspinballmods.com/collections/mod-designer-tools/products/t-i-l-t-mods-basic-f2s-board-5v-version

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

What voltage do they use? If it's the same voltage as the inserts, you could hook them up to an insert that lights solid during a certain mode. If you want to hook up to a flashing insert you could use my T.I.L.T. Mods Basic F2S board. https://www.timspinballmods.com/collections/mod-designer-tools/products/t-i-l-t-mods-basic-f2s-board-5v-version

they seem to run, 3v or 6-12v DC.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Nice idea for a product, and at a great price!

#450 7 years ago

I used6-12 volt and need to figure out what I want to tie it to.
What are the insert voltages now?

It was so much easier with the older games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-mod-index-all-modders-add-your-products/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.