image (resized).jpg
IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
IMG_3123 (resized).JPG
d862050e8cfc4b05efaedac62699dd8d9bef996e (resized).jpg
IMGA0641[1] (resized).JPG
IMGA0595[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_2996 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

No, I'm stating a fact. You're only going to get sued by Sony (if they even give a rat's ass) if you make mods that infringe on their IP.
Done with this thread. Draining!

An infringer is likely to receive takedown notices from a licensee before they kick it upstairs to the IP owner.

#252 8 years ago

Wrong.
Shoo. Move along.

When you get around to pulling your head out of the sand... understand a licensee who is given an exclusive right, can sue to enforce that exclusive right

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/understanding-difference-between-transfer-and-license

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=7d4ea127-0fb0-4a6a-837d-aef453a95ae9

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/faqs/copyright-ownership/#can_a_copyright_owner_transfer_some_or_all_of_his_specific_rights

Non-exclusive license agreements would not have have ownership of one of the divisible rights.. and hence no standing to sue. But when you transfer via an exclusive license.. now they hold the right and the power to sue to defend it. Normally those exclusive agreements are bound by time, geography or SCOPE... to allow the licensee to use the content and control it.. but still constraint their use.

Now go shoo yourself until you actually do your homework.

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've heard Stern mention that "official" mods don't negate warranties, so there must be some fine print somewhere that lists unofficial mods as a way to invalidate a warranty.

Lol have you ever taken a logic class? "official" mods don't negate the warranty does not mean that unofficial mods do.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Lol have you ever taken a logic class? "official" mods don't negate the warranty does not mean that unofficial mods do.

We're talking legal issues here, what does logic have to do with it.

#255 8 years ago

Wrong.
Shoo. Move along.

I keep noticing you using Shoo. Move along after a disagreement in all of the threads you participate in. You really sound like an ass-hat and should try and keep it mature and civil. Agree to disagree

#256 8 years ago

I think he means shoe but he keeps misspelling it.

#257 8 years ago

Seems like this has been coming for some time now. Always wondered how many were able to sell licensed stuff without a license and not get in trouble.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

An infringer is likely to receive takedown notices from a licensee before they kick it upstairs to the IP owner.

True. From what I understand in one of the experiences I've encountered with licensing, the owner of an exclusive license (to make a Ghostbusters pinball machine here) they are the ones who kind of enforce it. And again in my experience, if they wanted to extend their license to someone else to make products, they could, not Sony.

Few years ago I tried to sell a product that required a license. I contacted the head place. They told me that there was someone else with an exclusive license to make a specific product. A product category that my product fell under. And if I wanted to sell my product, I'd have to negotiate with the license owner. Which they did not approve.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

True. From what I understand in one of the experiences I've encountered with licensing, the owner of an exclusive license (to make a Ghostbusters pinball machine here) they are the ones who kind of enforce it. And again in my experience, if they wanted to extend their license to someone else to make products, they could, not Sony.
Few years ago I tried to sell a product that required a license. I contacted the head place. They told me that there was someone else with an exclusive license to make a specific product. A product category that my product fell under. And if I wanted to sell my product, I'd have to negotiate with the license owner. Which they did not approve.

Correct... part of the 'exclusive' definition is that it is.. singular. Meaning, once the IP owner assigns the 'exclusive' right within a scope.. only that licensee has the power to use it, and enforce it. The IP owner who licensed it, can not use those rights simultaneously. Hence why 'exclusive' is so significant and generally very narrowly defined so the true IP owner doesn't give up too much control.

2 weeks later
#260 8 years ago

Here is my newest mod. Thoughts?

#261 8 years ago

Stern's going to send you a letter now

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Stern's going to send you a letter now

I hope to hell that i get a letter over this. I would rofl.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Here is my newest mod. Thoughts?
» YouTube video

Not that's a bargin at that price.

#264 8 years ago

someone needs to rip the images from the ecto goggle mod and use on the pro version using this screen

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uTOLED_20_G2/

screen-capture-2_(resized).pngscreen-capture-2_(resized).png

#265 8 years ago

Since my mod was so well received here is a Q&A session as well as a new feature. Enjoy

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

someone needs to rip the images from the ecto goggle mod and use on the pro version using this screen
http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uTOLED_20_G2/

screen-capture-2_(resized).png

a cool device

1 week later
#267 8 years ago

some mods for those interested with the attached image representing the Ecto 1 vehicle on the plunger / shooter, and some other mods on the link as well.
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksghost&type=

GB_Plunger_Plate_and_Knob_(resized).pngGB_Plunger_Plate_and_Knob_(resized).png

1 week later
#268 7 years ago

An idea I posted regarding the LE & Premium that someone could make (MezelMods?):

What do people think of the idea of a leaf extender since there is only one in the slings? Basically, it would be a horizontal plastic bar that could clip onto the main leaf switch (so it is not a permanent change). This would make the leaf much more sensitive to hits towards the outer edges of the slingshot and give more magnet action than the single leaf in the middle could even if set ultra-sensitive.

#269 7 years ago

I Honestly think that between tweaking the switch, and maybe a smaller size silicone rubber, sensitivity to the switch, and maximum magnet settings would be an easy first test to do.
I will try this and a few other things when mine arrives. I am confident that whether its simple like this, left alone, or a great idea like yours, can be implemented to everyones, I hope, satisfaction.

I just think the threads and people jump to fast on these things, and many will like it fine.
I watched some of the "dead rolls" being mentioned, played an hour on AC/DC and saw many of the same, "non firing"
sling touches.

People are judging from a video, and while there should be some difference, perhaps a little over sensitive,

We should all wait and play!

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Agree. Let's not create issues from a game on a beta test.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

An idea I posted regarding the LE & Premium that someone could make (MezelMods?):
What do people think of the idea of a leaf extender since there is only one in the slings? Basically, it would be a horizontal plastic bar that could clip onto the main leaf switch (so it is not a permanent change). This would make the leaf much more sensitive to hits towards the outer edges of the slingshot and give more magnet action than the single leaf in the middle could even if set ultra-sensitive.

From watching the video my first thoughts were also that the game might have been better off with the standard 2 switch setup on each sling (not standard kickers, just standard switches and switch locations). I was wondering how much trouble it would be to switch it over. Converting them to standard switches in the standard locations would be a hassle and have you making 2 extra holes in your new playfield. My next though was something as you described, but I didn't know what you could get to trigger high and low on the slings and hook into the stock switch that is already there. getting something to stay where it should and not slip out of adjustment and remaining reliable seemed like a tricky endeavor.

I then started speculating that a switch up high would probably not be a good idea. If a ball hit a switch at the top of the sling and triggered the magnet....it would be sending the ball in a downward angle (toward the drain or flippers) instead of up or to the side like a normal sling kicker does. I'm guessing that may be why they went with the single, centered switch. I defiantly think the switches in the game needed to be made more sensitive and I think an added switch down low would make them more lively without sending the ball down toward the center drain.....of course maybe a low switch would send the ball way to high up the playfield with the angle the magnet is.

So considering the locations of the magnets, maybe having one center switch was a good design decision, but it was quite obvious that the switches on the game in the video needed to be more sensitive. I person can say...well that's an easy fix, but you can't be sure of that. Maybe the switches on that game were already set as sensitive as they could??? I think that's unlikely from seeing how many balls hit the slings and didn't trigger them, bit if that were the case it could be an issue.

Another issue maybe if you set the single switch too sensitive....it may cause top hits to the sling to trigger the magnets and with the higher ball location in relation to the magnet location you get more downward magnet throws toward the drain. What I am saying is, I speculate the single, center switch and them NOT be set sensitive were probably done on purpose to prevent ball hits on the top of the slings from triggering them and sending balls in a downward direction from the magnets.

I would be interested to see how and added high switch and low switch would change things.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I Honestly think that between tweaking the switch, and maybe a smaller size silicone rubber, sensitivity to the switch, and maximum magnet settings would be an easy first test to do.
I will try this and a few other things when mine arrives. I am confident that whether its simple like this, left alone, or a great idea like yours, can be implemented to everyones, I hope, satisfaction.
I just think the threads and people jump to fast on these things, and many will like it fine.
I watched some of the "dead rolls" being mentioned, played an hour on AC/DC and saw many of the same, "non firing"
sling touches.
People are judging from a video, and while there should be some difference, perhaps a little over sensitive,

I agree. I also plan to get a Premium, but am waiting for now. I think it plays great. Just looking at options. What can I say, I am a planner.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I agree. I also plan to get a Premium, but am waiting for now. I think it plays great. Just looking at options. What can I say, I am a planner.

Totally understandable.. you're not buying a loaf of bread here!

#274 7 years ago

There has got to be a reason why they only put one leaf switch there....possibly cuz if the game sensed more then one hit on that sling if there were 2 switches, which could happen if the ball came at an angle, it would get confused and mess it up. Just thinking here.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

There has got to be a reason why they only put one leaf switch there....possibly cuz if the game sensed more then one hit on that sling if there were 2 switches, which could happen if the ball came at an angle, it would get confused and mess it up. Just thinking here

I doubt that, both switches should be hooked up in parallel going to the same switch matrix (so it catches either one, but only registers one). Maybe there just wasn't enough space to stick in a 2nd one.

#276 7 years ago

whos got the screen grab of the magna slings under the playfield?

#277 7 years ago

(maybe already proposed)

what about the possibility of a small car (ecto1) behind the newton ball, as bumblebee in TF !?

#278 7 years ago

I installed lightning flipperfingers today. Looks cool

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#279 7 years ago

Those are killer!! Where did they come from?

#280 7 years ago

Those are cool looking. I've never seen those before. Are these available in the US? Are they as durable as a normal flipper?

#281 7 years ago

Came from but hamburg, yes they are durable and you can choose which color you want, plays like original ones. Really cool

#282 7 years ago

Thank you Walter for sharing this!
I appreciate the contact and have reached out to see about bringing here!

#283 7 years ago

I would like a set

#284 7 years ago

Answer: A licensed product to be released when available from License holder of Williams.

Good News for All!

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A licensed product to be released when available from License holder of Williams.

Looks like they worked out the wiring problem. To bad you can't sell them Art....or can you?

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I installed lightning flipperfingers today. Looks cool

Are those the same length as the ones that came with the game?

#287 7 years ago

Reserved sales are from PPS

#288 7 years ago

I just went to PPS and I didn't see them. Must not be for sale yet.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are those the same length as the ones that came with the game?

Yes they are

#291 7 years ago

Here 3 mods on eBay French, simply awesome especially the Proton Pack LED ! I will order them.

210_(resized).jpg210_(resized).jpg

11110_(resized).jpg11110_(resized).jpg

1110_(resized).jpg1110_(resized).jpg

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from Ulfast:

Here 3 mods on eBay French, simply awesome especially the Proton Pack LED ! I will order them.

...and for the US customers, don't forget to add the extra $27 for shipping.

Ebay_GB_Mod_France_(resized).jpgEbay_GB_Mod_France_(resized).jpg

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

OMG!!! You have got to be kidding me. I'll pass no problem.

#294 7 years ago

That's like 330 some odd dollars for that...

#295 7 years ago

You could do 4 of your games with my leg Light-Ups for less then that.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Wait, what? Why would you want to junk up an already beautiful pin? Maybe I don't understand the mod thing but attaching mini figures and their accessories to a machine isn't what I thought it was about... IDK

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OMG!!! You have got to be kidding me. I'll pass no problem.

if you think that's a lot.
that mod would cost me $181 cad

there's a new miniature proton pack coming out in juin for $12.40cad, which one do you think i'm gonna buy.
i can add leds and connect it anywhere in the machine for $5.

#299 7 years ago

check this out guys.

this is the best solution, not the same but for the price, i mean c'mon $11 can't go wrong. it already have lights, just hook it up to any G.I or Lamp

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Proton-Pack-Running-Press/dp/0762460067

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Wait, what? Why would you want to junk up an already beautiful pin? Maybe I don't understand the mod thing but attaching mini figures and their accessories to a machine isn't what I thought it was about... IDK

You must be new here right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 103.00
$ 49.95
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-mod-index-all-modders-add-your-products/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.