IMG_3123 (resized).JPG
d862050e8cfc4b05efaedac62699dd8d9bef996e (resized).jpg
IMGA0641[1] (resized).JPG
IMGA0595[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_2996 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #401 Mod idea Posted by Delta9 (7 years ago)

Post #424 Mod idea Posted by Ballypin (7 years ago)

Post #433 Mod offer Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #436 Mod idea Posted by Hdmike444 (7 years ago)

Post #456 Product demo Posted by Lermods (7 years ago)

Post #457 Product offering Posted by Hdmike444 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 8 years ago

EDIT
22-3-16
Well the fun was taken out of this thread due to people who wanted to share their creative sides with mods and creative additions for Ghostbusters have been sent warnings to cease selling. So effectively if one of your ideas is a design that you want to sell and it includes a copyright / IP protected feature - like use of Ecto 1 license plate, Ecto 1 car, ghostbusters logo, firestation, actual library and probably some other gear - proceed with caution and advisable not to list here.

Original post tweaked to state this idea is not for sale anymore.

this is such a cool game which is so full with toys but can imagine there will still be some cool mods for this game. So thought a thread which acts like a GB mod index just for this game might be cool.

So any one making any mods or have mod ideas, if you want to add them into this thread linking back to your own thread / sale post would be cool. (Technically should be removed but was part of the original thread)

So the first post did capture a cool cheap and affordable mod for sale but forced to be removed from sale was a cool art magnet for the coin door showing the Ecto 1 license plate - no longer available or for sale which was made by beatmaster

62c9b69fe9e70bf5b547bce032793ccc91e33101_(resized).jpg62c9b69fe9e70bf5b547bce032793ccc91e33101_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

another was a cool idea (not mine was Pinsider - squizz) for the Premium for LE treatment with white trim or might even be cool with glow in the dark luminous white trim

42a7607940fc4fd33bedf30edb93825daae4d8ad_(resized).jpg42a7607940fc4fd33bedf30edb93825daae4d8ad_(resized).jpg

#3 8 years ago

Good idea, 1 core thread might help every one get in touch with all possible mods for that awesome game.

#4 8 years ago

a cool shooter made by Brock from Pinball Customs

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-shooter-rods-from-pbc

228dad3d53d8dec5bac7f8e7dfc820e76146b3bd_(resized).jpg228dad3d53d8dec5bac7f8e7dfc820e76146b3bd_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Good idea, 1 core thread might help every one get in touch with all possible mods for that awesome game.

That was my thought then easier to find something especially if a major interest

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

another was a cool idea (not mine was Pinsider - squizz) for the Premium for LE treatment with white trim or might even be cool with glow in the dark luminous white trim

42a7607940fc4fd33bedf30edb93825daae4d8ad_(resized).jpg

I'm thinking that glow in the dark trim myself but prefer this one with the coin door and head trim in white

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7 8 years ago

I made a topper base that hides Comet Pinball Matrix led strip leds in a recess to light up a cool 7" slimer statue which is a real nicely painted resin statue which is on a spring above the ghost trap - giving you the bobble effect. The base can be fastened down and then simply remove slimer before dropping the backbox. It has a rear exit point for wires so the look is clean and I will hook up the purple to GI and green to a slimer / ghost feature.

- The Slimer is a Ikon Brand 7" at about $60 Aus Dollars + postage

- The base is available at Shapeways for under $60 USD - sorry about the price as very large diameter and shapeways charges for space in a printer.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/YSYVA6BAL/ghostbusters-slimer-base?li=search-results-1&optionId=58976506

- The led strips and double adaptor and extension leads for $10-$15 from Comet

So a cool topper for under $150.

P1120432_copy_(resized).jpgP1120432_copy_(resized).jpg
P1120431_copy_(resized).jpgP1120431_copy_(resized).jpg
625x465_4278663_14314367_1458290439_(resized).png625x465_4278663_14314367_1458290439_(resized).png

#8 8 years ago

Thanks for the plug and the thread, Jady.

In looking at the playfield by picture it looks so great, I was having trouble thinking about any Mods needed!

I will be trying a couple I can think of, they are not a Grand project, I know others do that very well.

Ill be working in some of our new flashers in the Matrix line for the flasher in the middle of the buildings and Pops,
as well as lighting for the under playfield ramp.

VUK lights as well. Just raw parts here as others will be likely creating plug and play with full directions and zip ties,
so I think this game will rock with Purple or Green in these lighting areas.

Ill also be checking for UV reaction on the playfield.....in the hopes of a brilliant response, and see if any products I have can enhance the game in that way.

Damn excited...just heard delivery should be in 4 weeks on an LE!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I'm thinking that glow in the dark trim myself but prefer this one with the coin door and head trim in white

image_(resized).jpeg

That looks good but reckon the coin door needs a ghostbusters logo and some red pinstripping.

#10 8 years ago

thanks for doing this swinks. great idea.

i will definitely add more when the time comes..

#11 8 years ago

my other one still in testing are PKE custom flipper posts and bats with possible lighting, currently testing for bat failure - 200 games and going well.

P1120457_copy_(resized).jpgP1120457_copy_(resized).jpg

P1120456_copy_(resized).jpgP1120456_copy_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago

I'm surprised nobody has brought up doing the siderails and maybe even coin door in a yellow and black stripe pattern, like the top of the ghost trap

#13 8 years ago

what would be cool is a ghost trap topper that opens up in ghost catching mode and a image is projected out on to a surface or even better a hologram - that would be sweet.

#15 8 years ago

I have a couple ideas I would like to see. I like the Slimer swinks, I would like to see if it is possible to make it appear to float and move on top of the topper. I had an idea for a motorized unit hanging from the ceiling like a tie rack circular motor with Slimer attached to a string that could go back and forth. Or a motor could be placed on top of the topper instead of the ceiling and a clear rod could connect Slimer to the motor and it could go back and forth appearing to float. I was even thinking of trying to have it rigged to start and stop in sync with Slimer toy bash mode. I like the lightbar idea but I am not sure I would like the rotating flashers or if they would get annoying. Another cool topper that is cheap is the burnt Stay Puff piggy bank. It would look cool with some orange flickering LED's below to resemble fire. Also would like to see a LED mod for legs and shooter like Mustang Paul's that is green and works with the Spike System. I found some cheap LED's backlights for flat screen TV's on Amazon and I think they will work well for on top of the topper or even as under cabinet illumination. I want GB to light up like a Christmas tree. Green under-cabinet lighting, Green leg and shooter LED's, Green Led's illuminating upwards at ceiling from on top of topper, Green DMD, Green Led speaker lights, it will pop.
http://www.amazon.com/Accent-Lighting-Theater-Backlight-Waterproof/dp/B00Z09ZC7M/ref=sr_1_2
http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Select-Toys-Ghostbusters-Figure/dp/B00JYAJO1S/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

That looks pretty awesome. I wonder what it would look like with bright pink/purplish color for trim choice?

95d4c987826cbb9c93170b8be25f90b7.jpg95d4c987826cbb9c93170b8be25f90b7.jpg

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a cool shooter made by Brock from Pinball Customs
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-shooter-rods-from-pbc

228dad3d53d8dec5bac7f8e7dfc820e76146b3bd_(resized).jpg

Thanks, Swinks!

Wait till you see what I've got coming down the pipe..

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

...Also would like to see a LED mod for legs and shooter like Mustang Paul's that is green and works with the Spike System. .......

my green shooter housing won't be a problem, to make it work with the system, i'm close to a solution ....

#19 8 years ago

I saw that video, last I checked he hasn't released the 3d files for it (there are similar trap designs on thingaverse).

I started modeling a mini-trap when the leak first came out, but I'm not sure where it would fit nicely in such a packed playfield, or how it would even get actuated during the game?
sw_ghost-trap_(resized).jpgsw_ghost-trap_(resized).jpg

I suppose you could replace the existing flat trap in the back of the machine, but it couldn't stick out too far (or have the doors flip open too much). You could tie it into the flashers, but not sure what you can do with a pulsing voltage?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

I'm surprised nobody has brought up doing the siderails and maybe even coin door in a yellow and black stripe pattern, like the top of the ghost trap
image_(resized).jpeg

I dunno. GAP took a similar approach with Transformers and it didn't do it any justice IMO. It just doesn't match the cabinet art. Especially the yellow/black areas.

s-l500_(resized).jpgs-l500_(resized).jpg

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I saw that video, last I checked he hasn't released the 3d files for it (there are similar trap designs on thingaverse).
I started modeling a mini-trap when the leak first came out, but I'm not sure where it would fit nicely in such a packed playfield, or how it would even get actuated during the game?
sw_ghost-trap_(resized).jpg
I suppose you could replace the existing flat trap in the back of the machine, but it couldn't stick out too far (or have the doors flip open too much). You could tie it into the flashers, but not sure what you can do with a pulsing voltage?

Theres the black exposed metal with screws above Slimer.....Perhaps a small version of the trap on a base, would cover the nuts, and actually look appropriate with Slimer under it...???

Just a thought.....

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have a couple ideas I would like to see. I like the Slimer swinks, I would like to see if it is possible to make it appear to float and move on top of the topper. I had an idea for a motorized unit hanging from the ceiling like a tie rack circular motor with Slimer attached to a string that could go back and forth. Or a motor could be placed on top of the topper instead of the ceiling and a clear rod could connect Slimer to the motor and it could go back and forth appearing to float. I was even thinking of trying to have it rigged to start and stop in sync with Slimer toy bash mode. I like the lightbar idea but I am not sure I would like the rotating flashers or if they would get annoying. Another cool topper that is cheap is the burnt Stay Puff piggy bank. It would look cool with some orange flickering LED's below to resemble fire. Also would like to see a LED mod for legs and shooter like Mustang Paul's that is green and works with the Spike System. I found some cheap LED's backlights for flat screen TV's on Amazon and I think they will work well for on top of the topper or even as under cabinet illumination. I want GB to light up like a Christmas tree. Green under-cabinet lighting, Green leg and shooter LED's, Green Led's illuminating upwards at ceiling from on top of topper, Green DMD, Green Led speaker lights, it will pop.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

on the slimer topper that added a light base to, a acrylic round bar exits the ghost trap already and then a spring attaches to that (which is hidden within slimer) so he does seem to levitate already and bobbles around if you were to nudge the game.

as for the Stay Puft the burnt one or the happy one (11" tall piggy bank) I bought the happy one for a pinsider - still need to confirm if wants it - they are both the vinyl plastic and pretty sure they will glow when lit from with inside as when you remove the head and look through the side you can see the daylight through it. For this get one of Stern's rgb light boards and patch in the rgb board to the existing one in the games stay puft so when he gets angry the different colours are represented on the topper version.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

sw_ghost-trap_(resized).jpg

all that guys designs are here if anyone wants to make the big version as a topper ??? maybe tilted at a angle to get the effect if you automated the lid and had light and smoke effects.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1394492/#files

#24 8 years ago

as for trim I think the classic look of brushed stainless would be nice for rails and lockdown and instead of standard rails or lollipop rails design a set to follow the middle of the flow of the ghost stream for the Pro

5cfd4fae449661c0b51452ad1325d92eaad48ba0.jpeg_(resized).jpg5cfd4fae449661c0b51452ad1325d92eaad48ba0.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#25 8 years ago

Thanks for starting the thread swinks. My "LED Leg Light-Ups" (look for my topic) would look great on GB. My green Light-Ups would look fantastic on the Slimer LE, along with beatmasters Shooter Housing Light Up. So check out my topic and see pictures of them in action on some games.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for starting the thread swinks. My "LED Leg Light-Ups" (look for my topic) would look great on GB. My green Light-Ups would look fantastic, along with beatmasters Shooter Housing Light Up. So check out my topic and see pictures of them in action on some games.

cool please post a link here - thats the idea for everyone to at least post a link here back to another thread.

#27 8 years ago

Here's a list of what I'm making so far (none of which is for sale without Stern approval)

- Slimer shooter
- Stay Puft shooter - happy
- Stay Puft shooter - burned / angry
- Logo shooter
- Terror Dogs
- Ghost trap with translucent ghots in mid trap, LED lit

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

This looks great on the premium!

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

cool please post a link here - thats the idea for everyone to at least post a link here back to another thread.

No one has showed me how to do that.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No one has showed me how to do that.

head to your thread and in the google or which ever search bar there will be an address (http://pinside/forum/topic...............), right click on your mouse and select copy then head back to this thread and right click on the mouse again and select paste and the link will be posted / displayed.

#31 8 years ago

Our Pinball Refinery machines will have several upgrades on them. I know I started another thread, but I wanted to post here as well.... I will be offering most of them on the website once these are finalized.

These machines will consist of these items and some optional upgrades from the base model price:

-Custom Powder Coated armor with lollypop side rails (Possible doing glow in the dark white, or Blue with chameleon purple).
-Custom matching powdered shooter housing
-Chrome Shooter Rod
-Polished Chrome leg bolts
-Playfield Lighting effects (to be determined once machines arrive, maybe some EL wire proton streams in the playfield and others)
-Shaker motor installed
-Pinblades by Pingraffix (to be determined)
-Chromed flipper bats (several colors to choose from)
-LED flipper buttons (several colors to choose from)
-Sound controlled Speaker Lighting Effects
-Optional Pinball Pro Speakers
-Optional Custom matching powder coated coin door with vacuum metalized chrome plastics
-Upgradeable Premium Style Lockdown bar with lever receiver
-Optional replacement rubbers throughout the playfield

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-refinery-editions-of-ghost-busters-coming-soon

#32 8 years ago

A shooter that looks/works like a proton pack handle may be cool.

#33 8 years ago

*Mustangpaul New Led Leg Light-ups*

below

#35 8 years ago

awesome, too easy

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

head to your thread and in the google or which ever search bar there will be an address (http://pinside/forum/topic...............), right click on your mouse and select copy then head back to this thread and right click on the mouse again and select paste and the link will be posted / displayed.

Thanks much, I learned something today. and thank you also Bob.

#37 8 years ago

*working on the sticker for the metal plate on the left outlane*

will be available as soon as i can get the right length

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Theres the black exposed metal with screws above Slimer.....Perhaps a small version of the trap on a base, would cover the nuts, and actually look appropriate with Slimer under it...???
Just a thought.....

I was thinking about covering the Slimer arm/bracket with a mix of yellow/orange/blue/purple EL wire and making it look like a proton stream is throwing Slimer about in relation to ball hits.

Awesome to see so many people love my glow in the dark armour idea if Steve @ pinball refinery can pull it off I can't wait too see a set in person.

A trap is definitely needed somewhere it seems to be the only thing that's not really represented front and centre in the game.

#39 8 years ago

Here are some cool speaker panel designs I came up with for the new Ghostbusters pinball. They are cut from thick black acrylic and look great when backlit with leds. These and other upcoming GB mods can be seen at www.modfatherpinball.com
speaker_grill_ghostbusters_(resized).jpgspeaker_grill_ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

#40 8 years ago

I'd like to see a multi-layer acrylic topper based on this. Makes the top of the game look like the top of the apartment building. I know there's a couple of people out there with the skills, make it happen please.

gozer_(resized).jpggozer_(resized).jpg

#41 8 years ago

Ecto 1 car available...fits back left between flashers, confirmed at TPF. Ties to GI.

#42 8 years ago

I've got a mod in the works. Have to have the machine 1st to make it work.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ecto 1 car available...fits back left between flashers, confirmed at TPF. Ties to GI.

image_(resized).jpeg

Where is that available??

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've got a mod in the works. Have to have the machine 1st to make it work.

yeah , me too. I need the machine for measurements, clearances and to generally get a feel for whats going on and see where I can be creative and make some improvements on the look of the game aesthetically.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Here are some cool speaker panel designs I came up with for the new Ghostbusters pinball. They are cut from thick black acrylic and look great when backlit with leds. These and other upcoming GB mods can be seen at http://www.modfatherpinball.com
speaker_grill_ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

Cool and purchased! Can't wait to see them backlit in slimer green

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Where is that available??

New mod by LERMODS. PM me if you are interested.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Here are some cool speaker panel designs I came up with for the new Ghostbusters pinball. They are cut from thick black acrylic and look great when backlit with leds. These and other upcoming GB mods can be seen at http://www.modfatherpinball.com
speaker_grill_ghostbusters_(resized).jpg

Just bought this...

Great work Modfather!!!

#48 8 years ago

Ghost busters headphone kits

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Just bought this...
Great work Modfather!!!

thx indy, I appreciate it

#50 8 years ago

Just got back from Texas, fitted Glo-balls in both Newton ball troughs. Kristin will get these up soon and in the marketplace. We will sell mixed sets. The Moncla Mafia brothers come up with this idea. These guys a serious fun.

http://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls?variant=1300538840

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 103.00
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-mod-index-all-modders-add-your-products/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.