• 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Anyone own or played both? thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

I vote transformers and i personally think Ghostbusters pro is a better than the Limited edition version.

#3 6 years ago

Have both, GBLE is much better.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone own or played both? thoughts?

I've had both of the Pro versions and I personally think the Pro is the better version on both, especially for the $$$ difference between the two versions. The Pro on Ghostbusters is just so loaded already and the LE features on TF are nothing special...potentially even negative like the Iron Hide ramp. I would go with Ghostbusters all day, everyday. It has a MUCH better theme integration, much better dots, much better audio, custom callouts, much more loaded playfield and deeper code. I can't really think of any category where a TF would beat a Ghostbusters. I guess TF is a lot easier if you don't like difficult games.

Transformers just gets mind blowingly repetitive. You can only trap on the left, backhand the Starscream ramp then hit the right orbit to start your modes so many times. I bought a TF thinking it was going to be a keeper for a long time, but I was ready for it to be gone after a couple weeks. The video rips are super hard to decipher and the modes are all so similar. Once I got to Battle for Cybertron I had no desire to keep playing or even really play it much again. The game just starts over with original scoring so you have 400 million points and you are now getting mode shots worth 100k...yippie. Way too much wood chopping for me and just not a good theme integration unfortunately, although I do like how you can choose sides at the beginning of the game.

#5 6 years ago

GB by a mile.

#6 6 years ago

Not even close. GB by many miles. Don't worry about the LE. Get a later production premium. Magna slings and subway shot are great. Code update coming in a few months.

#7 6 years ago

Ghostbusters for sure! I would prefer a Pro above a Premium/LE

#8 6 years ago

Pro version is better on both games IMO. I would own either again in the pro version.

#9 6 years ago

Transformers is way more fun than ghostbusters. And they are pretty cheap.

#10 6 years ago

Transformers is a much better game than GB IMO...and TF isn’t that great of a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-vs-transformers-le?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.