Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-07-05_01.50.34_(resized).jpg
IMG_2103_(resized).JPG
IMG_2117_2_(resized).JPG
IMG_2101_(resized).JPG
IMG_2097_(resized).JPG
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Finally it is here!!!!

Quick thoughts:
-The mag slings are an unqualified success. They work awesome, and very impressive. Constantly throwing the ball around. Would not want to see these "ghost" effects on every game but they work great.
-The entire package is very impressive. Very 2016 pinball.
-Ecto goggles are a cool "wow" toy. Basically mini pinball 2000.
-I put in my Hulk LE green DMD. Worked plug and play.
-I scanned the playfield for defects, none notice. It's passed my own personal QC so I'm not going to scan it with a microscope. It looked good to me.
Video footage:
» YouTube video

video looks awesome. i can't wait to play an LE or premium.

Off topic question: It seems like you buy almost every game NIB as soon as they get released. And as we all know, most new games in our basements are a lot of fun at first (aka honeymoon phase). So what game were you most disappointed with when you first played it at your house?

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Overall I'm really liking it. I like "new" pinball, I like light shows, I like technology, I like cool toys, I like fast playing pinball... so it is a winner.

Great - I like statements like this (even though I don't like those extensive light shows). Have fun with your incredible maschines!

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Off topic question: It seems like you buy almost every game NIB as soon as they get released. And as we all know, most new games in our basements are a lot of fun at first (aka honeymoon phase). So what game were you most disappointed with when you first played it at your house?

I like games when they are new, but I also realize as a "day 1" customer that the game I get is still not complete, and there will be a year+ journey for software, and possible hardware tweaks. So I've never been disappointed with any of the games.

I can recall games like TWD took a good year for some significant updates, like the lightshow on the LE was pretty basic for most of that first year. But since I have so many other games, I can be patient and enjoy the game as it moves along.

My biggest concern was Full Throttle, since it was a brand new platform, but that game has never had significant problems, never sat dark.

As long as I feel confident that Stern will "finish" a game, at some point, I can be patient. That my Hulk got its update, finally, shows me that Stern will come through, even if the game is out of production and the programmer is not Lyman Sheats, so I can live with that.

1 week later
#104 7 years ago

The pro feels both complete and polished. I'm not sure what is going to be different code wise on the LE. But this is not going to be your typical "1 year journey" on code. Like game of thrones before it, the code was released pretty much done and this is what the game will be minus a few small changes or bug fixes. Nothing major.

#105 7 years ago

I agree that Dwight seems to front load his releases. There are no missing modes, or anything that is on the playfield that doesn't do anything (even on LE). The LE lightshow is also very polished, for something that has only had it's 1 initial release of software (no LE updates since 1.05 was released in May).

I do hope that GB might be made easier, with some easier multiballs added, etc.

#106 7 years ago

Rumor has it that a update should be out shortly with a two ball multiball and more movie quotes.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Rumor has it that a update should be out shortly with a two ball multiball and more movie quotes.

Sweet. I think a 2 ball MB that most people can trigger during any game will make a big difference.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

more movie quotes

When I played the Pro, I was a little disappointed at the scarcity of quotes from the movie. Perhaps I didn't get far enough, but I really only heard a few.

Awesome news if it's true!

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

When I played the Pro, I was a little disappointed at the scarcity of quotes from the movie. Perhaps I didn't get far enough, but I really only heard a few.
Awesome news if it's true!

There are tons and tons of callouts in the code. Many just haven't been linked to any action yet.

#110 7 years ago

Thanks for all the info so far. How about a more detailed review or is it too early for that still?

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Thanks for all the info so far. How about a more detailed review or is it too early for that still?

I'm working on one and it will go up in a day or two. I wanted to have at least 250 plays before making definitive statements on some things. I'll do a text and a YouTube review.

2 weeks later
#112 7 years ago

Frolic,

So, after having this long, anything new to add? A review?

Are your inserts ghosting?

#113 7 years ago

I caved and looked at my inserts yesterday. No signs of ghosting. I did not look at them with a microscope, but I did lean on my glass and gave most of them a good looksee.

I'm trying not to get too worked up about it, one way or the other.

I don't know if the air balls is the cause, but on day 1 I immediately turned my game flipper power to soft. It plays fine, but less airballs. Not sure if that has anything to do with anything with the inserts though. I would suggest all GB owners play on soft power.

My GB has gotten a ton of play. Without checking the audits, many hundreds of games for certain. I've had people over, and its gotten played hard many times for hours at a time non stop.

The game is going over well with everyone that plays it. Plays fast and mean, but it stands apart from all my other games. I am looking forward to the next code update and seeing what happens with the game as the LE has only ever had the 1 release version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-in-the-house/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.