(Topic ID: 202954)

Ghostbusters LE - How Low Will These Go?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vbittnv
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171111_143532(0) (resized).jpg
7CB8AD93-06FD-414D-B3C8-6D69CD1FFFE3 (resized).jpeg
th (resized).jpeg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Simply amazing.
It's Lyman. So much better than everything else out there. Along with Keefer too.

Elvira House of Horrors is also Lyman.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The comment was IF Jack tries to flood some more sales of POTCCE AFTER he's extracted $12,500 from me and others he will get a letter in the mail

Nobody sued them when they released a second WOZ LE.

And nobody sued them when they released a THIRD! Hobbit LE.

(Imagine the shitstorm if Stern released more LE machines!! The internet would implode!)

I know 2x people who had bought the first edition JJP LEs who were so pissed off when the extra LE models came out, they’re unlikely to ever buy another JJP product.

rd

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nobody sued them when they released a second WOZ LE.
And nobody sued them when they released a THIRD! Hobbit LE.
However, I know 2x people who had bought the first edition LEs who were so pissed off when the extra LE models came out, they’re unlikely to ever buy another JJP product.
rd

Yep RD, I'm going in for one more. I have an original WOZ LE too for $6500

If they F me at $12500 then it will be a different story. They won't want to do that.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep RD, I'm going in for one more. I have an original WOZ LE too for $6500
If they F me at $12500 then it will be a different story. They won't want to do that.

Nah, I doubt they’d do it at $12,500.

You’d be a mug to pay that much in the first place! Just buy a standard one for $8500, that’s a shitload of money as it is. Same playfield. Same gameplay. Same game. I swear, some people in this hobby have more money than sense.

The $4000 you save on the CE will buy you a Hobbit in about 6 months.

rd

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nah, I doubt they’d do it at $12,500.
You’d be a mug to pay that much in the first place! Just buy a standard one for $8500, that’s a shitload of money as it is. Same playfield. Same gameplay. Same game. I swear, some people in this hobby have more money than sense.
The $4000 you save on the CE will buy you a Hobbit in about 6 months.
rd

Exactly!

Except you'd have to pay me to move Hobbit in. No room for any more dogs.

What time is it over there RD? Shouldn't you be hungover and asleep?

Wife is bugging me, want's to watch a Xmas Hallmark movie. Def need to do it while drinking.

That's why I get husband of the year.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Elvira House of Horrors is also Lyman.

Then it goes 100% on the watch list. Great theme with Lyman equals no brainer!

He has to do the Kapow boutique game next year. Deal breaker.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The comment was IF Jack tries to flood some more sales of POTCCE AFTER he's extracted $12,500 from me and others he will get a letter in the mail.
It won't be throwing pinballs, trust me.

If, in 12 months or so, JJP releases 100 pieces of a POTCCE/Black Pearl you are going to file suit?

How would the complaint read?

If you can't handle that $12,500 CE taking a big hit, you probably shouldn't buy it.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

If you can't handle that $12,500 CE taking a big hit, you probably shouldn't buy it.

I concur ... what CE buyers need to realise is whatever happens, they’re gonna take a big hit on that $12,500. When you can buy a brand new game with the same play features for $8500 (which will be cheaper when on the used market) who’s gonna pay big bucks for some “collectors edition”?

I’ll wager that within 12 months of release a CE will be selling for $10k and in 2 years $8k. Nobody has a crystal ball, but that’s my gut feeling on what will happen.

I’m absolutely astounded that Aussies have been buying POTC CE at $19,500 Aussie dollars. That’s an insta-loss of at least $5000 as soon as you sell it, mark my words.

rd

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

1000 LE bronze Hobbits
???? LE gold Hobbits
???? LE Black Hobbits

1500 LE
750 black
gold 850-875ish ( at least thats what Jack told me with the wavy ITALIAN hand) LOL

#110 6 years ago

I bought an LE ghostbusters for 8.5 and dont regret it for a bit, i love that game and dont care if I take a loss its my gem in my collection ...like a previous pinside said earlier if you buy pinballs for investments then you might consider to invest somewhere else because sooner or later you will take a loss ...just got my translight autograph by Ernie Hudson too and dont care that my translight is not mint now but you know what I love that pin even more ....

20171111_143532(0) (resized).jpg20171111_143532(0) (resized).jpg

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF! Worst layout EVER by Borg, the entire left side of the PF is shit. Taken up by the ridiculous oversized Wolvie head.
Good thing for you, NOBODY wants that pos Xmen
Tron sucks too btw.

Agree, the wolvie head is junk... spend $70 and put in the Newton ball mod that Borg originally designed the game for.. problem solved ... only thing that would fix Ghostbusters is some lighter fluid and a match.

Looking back on my messages, I had 24 different people offer to trade GB to me for my tron... That's just sad.
Good thing tho is that when a node board goes out on a Ghostbusters, we can part that pig out for the rest of the other node boards and burn the rest! See, I said something nice about GB!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-how-low-will-these-go/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.