(Topic ID: 268767)

Ghostbusters LE can’t find several nodes!

By Ciro74

57 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by titanpenguin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 57 days ago

My ghostbuster LE says it can’t find nodes 8, 9 & 24. Seems odd fhat they all would be bad, could this be a cable from CPU or something more simple?
I bought this game second hand recently and it gave me the warning after just a few days, after a power restart, it initially went away, now a month later it happened again and this time nothing I do will reset the issue. I have reseated the Ethernet cables and some of the molecules connectors.

I am not aware of the games history, of its had any of its nodes replaced.

Does anyone know of multiple node failures and what it means.

I have fixed several balky games from Evel Knievel to Twilight Zone and evening a gottlieb system 80 machine, but this Steen tech is way beyond me. Any help for a Spike system noob is greatly appreciated.

#2 54 days ago

Check page 11 of the manual. It shows blue lines for the routing of the Node board cables. From that diagram, you can see the CPU is wired to Node 10 (4 coil node), then 24 (ecto LCD), then 9 (core node) and lastly, 8 core node).

From this path, we can assume the cable from the CPU to Node 10 (way at the back of the PF) is good. The problem is between Node 10 and the Ecto goggles node. It could be either board or the cable itself. Probably best to try replacing he $3 cable first.

#3 54 days ago

Does it have the topper? If so, remove it from the Ethernet chain. If everything then works, take the gray center section off the topper and reseat the connections inside (there are two if I remember correctly). Multiple node failures is almost always a cable issue. Make sure every cable clicks into place. The one time I had node issues I hade two connections that appeared fully seated, but when pushed down they clicked into place.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gaithersburg, MD
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Clemente, CA
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside