(Topic ID: 160651)

Ghostbusters LE Bubble?!! Who is the sucker?

By kklank

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
960_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems so obvious.
I still do not understand the whole Stern LE thing since they offer a premium. Limited is nothing but a name with a $2500 up sell. I think the real suckers are anyone buying the LE model at all. You can double down on being a sucker if you are buying a LE for even more than the 8k they originally sold for!

I only buy LEs - because I enjoy the fun mods that are factory installed. I appreciate the beauty of the games as much as playing them - so custom armor, mirrored backglasses, etc is appealing to me. Having said that, I've never sold an LE so I don't really care what the secondary market is on them (although space is an issue, so it might happen someday).

For the record - I've never bought an extra as an investment - too much hassle/risk.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I just love the exaggerations on Pinside. Who paid $2500 more for an LE over prem? 1 person? MSRP was $1200 more for an LE and very few paid MSRP.

And this is truth - I paid $1000 over the premium price.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to me that makes sense.
Buy the LE on the secondary for a discount. The majority will drop dramatically. Some will go up.
IF it really is your dream theme then I can see shelling out for the LE. For example a Good friend really loves GB and has 2 young boys. He got in early on GBLE because he will never sell it and it is his first NIB experience. That makes sense, but he is buying with emotion and not with logic. Splurging on emotion is all good.

The bad/mediocre LEs may drop dramatically, but the decent/great games typically have a small dip within the first year, then return to at or above NIB pricing - used METLE, ACDCLE, TRONLE, SMLE, LOTRLE, TWDLE, STLE, WoZLE, etc are all at or above NIB pricing. I'm 100% positive GB will be in this category - there may be a *couple* of used LEs that sell under NIB pricing for 6-12 months after release, but then the prices will start to tick upward. And those few that do sell under NIB pricing will be snapped up really quickly...

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

This definitely reminds Me of the MoPLE release! I bought my HUO MoPLE for $7200 with over $2000 in mods. Bought my HUO TWDLE for $6900 with $1500 in mods with custom work done on it by Steve at PR.

And both of those were crazy good deals - I'll buy your METLE right now for exactly what you paid for it! Hell, I'll even toss in a few hundred just for taking such good care of it!

Quoted from sepins:

And we haven't mentioned the next Stern release may be the biggest WOW ever!
Think there will be a few guys jammed with their second LE...IMHO

Not if it is Aerosmith - even with an LCD, I won't be buying one.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you missed the point... not every game is a winner for the LE speculation wa the point. WWE, Mustang, TWD, AV, XM
TronLE is the exception to the norm.

You might check prices on TWD as it is at or above NIB now.

So good LE investments (used is at or above NIB pricing) were: METLE, ACDCLE, TRONLE, SMLE, LOTRLE, TWDLE, STLE, WoZLE, GBLE* (hasn't been a year since release)

Not so good LE investments (used is below NIB pricing): WWE, Mustang, AV, XM, KISS* (hasn't been over a year since release)

2 ratio that you come out ahead. I'll take those odds any day.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

last TWDLE I saw was sold for 6500 and it was chock full of mods.

Was that in USD? If so - chock that one up to killer deal/uninformed seller. Show me a TWDLE for sale right now for $6500.

Quoted from Whysnow:

STLE sells under original all the time.

Likewise, show me a STLE for sale right now for under $7500. I can show you 10 that are for sale or sold for more than $7500 in the past 6 months.

Quoted from iceman44:

The problem with your theory is that SMLE, LOTRLE (I paid $5200), ACDCLE, TRONLE, METLE and WOZLE (I paid $6500) all cost MUCH less than they do today.

It's not a theory, it's a fact. But yes, NIB prices were lower in the past...just as they will be higher in the future. The average price paid on a NIB GBLE shot up $500 in fact. Look for another jump when the LCD models come out. Pinflation sucks, but it's a permanent reality and will always aid in supporting past LE prices.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I disagree, pinflation is NOT a permanent reality and future price hikes will cut into sales across the board. There is a ceiling imho.
And it certainly won't aid in supporting past LE prices, just the opposite I think, new tech, LCD's etc. will only serve to drop prior LE's.
A glut of inventory, but as one that doesn't care about losing $$$, I expect it, it is what it is.

OK - let's just agree to say that pinflation is a historical reality - neither one of us knows what's going to happen in the future. Is there a ceiling? Maybe. Are we on the front or back side of the recent price hikes? Dunno. Will a Chinese company start selling killer games for 1/2 the price? Again, dunno. Will all of the current pinball makers still be around in 5 years...or will there be more? *shrug* Will we all die from the return of Gozer the Gozerian next week? who knows.

I just look at history as it's often the best predictor of what will happen in the future. But in the end - I'm fine either way - I don't buy LEs as an investment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-bubble-who-is-the-sucker?tu=damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.