(Topic ID: 160413)

Ghostbusters LE - anyone told theirs is on the way?

By Hjbondar

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 802 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bing_Party
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 95 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160823_185343 (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).png
20160819_223850_(resized).jpg
20160820_000818_(resized).jpg
20160820_000914_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160812_111657_(resized).jpg
IMG_0829_(resized).JPG
IMG_0828_(resized).JPG
IMG_0827_(resized).JPG
IMG_3241_(resized).JPG
IMG_1992_(resized).jpg
GBLE_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider air_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People always say this, but it's always wrong. They always have a portfolio of games in production at any given time. Every game has the possibility of being in production for 3 years. New titles don't "hurt" previous titles...previous titles don't hurt new titles. They're ALL for sale, they all have an audience.
Edit: Just looked on their website...they currently have TEN titles in production!!!! That's an amazing amount of choice for potential customers. There's something for everyone.

Stern's line can run multiple titles, which allows them to do this.

If memory serves, that wasn't the case for Williams. They did one title at a time, trying to estimate sales. That's why they never wanted the next title to leak, which would hurt sales of the current. Someone with better knowledge of Williams should probably chime in here if my statement is all wrong

Anyway, that's why I agree with you that the next title won't hurt GB sales. It's a different market now with 10 titles in production. Truly amazing!

2 weeks later
#292 3 years ago

Can anyone post some pics of the underside of an LE playfield? Curious to see the Mags, subway, etc....

#299 3 years ago

Thank you......thank you very much.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Slimer mech - registers almost every hit. Still collides with pieces on the playfield when he moves from the home position, but hope? this gets fixed in code updates.

The Slimer mech on the LE/Premium games does not move up and down. It slides up and down at an angle. Code will not fix this.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Theres a couple videos out there that show the magna slings rockin with plenty of action.

This.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'll have to tell the operator here to look at that then. I haven't watched any other LE videos yet.

#392 3 years ago

and a close up of the slings....manually.

#394 3 years ago

I've wondered about Magna Pop Bumpers.

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Found out yesterday mine is shipping "next" or "soon" or "whatever" but I don't have a delivery date yet.
I need a drink.

Probably wanna skip a vodka Red Bull.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from 88goldfinger88:

Well apparently their QC isn't doing much good, ghosting on light add-a-ball insert on my LE after 10 days of play? June 20th build date. Awesome game though!

June 20th would be with the old playfields, methinks.

2 weeks later
#655 3 years ago

Stern should offer a non-clear coated version. Then we just have to keep it waxed!

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is it just me but are most of the nib gble buyers very very very excited about receiving there gb,I was dancing around the room when I was told my game shipped and I have ordered a lot of nib games but never have been so very stoked like this,mabey the extra wait time but there is something special about this game

Yup. That and also because I have no pins currently!

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quick update, mine is set up and rocking!
No ghosting out of the box.
Gorgeous pin.
Only adjustment I made was lowering the left eject power. Sent it down the middle every time.
Flipper gap fine, airballs off of left ramp posts are CRAZY! Need to get a protector.

What's the manufacture date of game and playfield?

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anyone know if there is a plastic protector being made for the airballs off of those stand up targets?

Would be nice to see something less hodgepodge than reusing protectors from another game.

Sounds like a great mod opportunity.....make something that fits the theme. Hell, it doesn't even need to be translucent.

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My "build date" is actually August 2nd. So we'll see how that turns out.

Very interested.

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've got about 10-12 games on it so far. Starting to figure out what to do.
You guys that still have one coming, all the ghosting issues aside, this pin is AWESOME (yes i know its honeymoon phase )
Pros:
The sound far exceeds any other Stern pin I've experienced.
The lighting, art, colors etc. is just a sensation explosion. Wow
The shots are just smooth as butter and feel right.
The flipper gap hasn't been an issue for me at all. Maybe once again i have it set up just right? And/or, after playing TWDLE for so long, this feels like a walk in the park compared to that absolutely brutal pin.
Slimer is just a very cool toy. All hits are registering so far.
The hologram feature is also super cool. Wife and kids love that one!
Ramps are unique and butter smooth, again, compared to TWDLE
The Magna slings are an absolute home run for me. Kids couldn't believe what was happening!
Kudos to Dwight, excellent job on the code so far. And of course Trudeau, great layout
Cons:
Scoleri brother targets are weak, oh well, can't have everything I guess.
I've got to figure out that Mass Hysteria. Not sure I like the reverse flippers but not as bad as I thought.
Air balls off of left ramp posts need a plastic. Right away! Shit will get broken. Balls flying back into the shooter lane and all over the place.
Overall:
Just packed full of FUN. Thrilled that I kept my LE. As I get into this pin I hope the code develops and allows for a long and deep experience. Should be a lifetime keeper
Way to go Stern!!!

So cool! Very excited to get my Premium ASAP.

Question: Why do you find the Scoleri Brothers weak?

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Scoleri brothers mode i really like, its just the cheap little stand up targets that seem ridiculous.

Kudos to the first guy to mod this. Cut out larger opening in the playfield, and put in some MM/Hobbit sized pop ups.

1 week later
#757 3 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I should have my premium on Monday as it was shipped 4 plus weeks ago by water to Australia ?

I don't think they were on the line 4 weeks ago. I'm not sure they are now.

#767 3 years ago

Distro: Is your playfield ghosting?

You: Two Weeks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Alexandria, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider air_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside