(Topic ID: 160413)

Ghostbusters LE - anyone told theirs is on the way?

By Hjbondar

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 802 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bing_Party
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160823_185343 (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).png
20160819_223850_(resized).jpg
20160820_000818_(resized).jpg
20160820_000914_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160812_111657_(resized).jpg
IMG_0829_(resized).JPG
IMG_0828_(resized).JPG
IMG_0827_(resized).JPG
IMG_3241_(resized).JPG
IMG_1992_(resized).jpg
GBLE_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SimonBaird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 7 years ago

Aerosmith might not hurt GB sales directly but if people see the new display and are blown away it might get people thinking about the game after possibly Starwars with Steve Ritchie design. This could impact sales, more the one might think. In Australia a colour DMD cost around $700aud shipped, so if you thinking of buying a Pro stern that is a big saving, knowing you won't have to fork out for this upgrade in the future.

Also I think Borg will really want to go all out with his next title, and if Lyman is coding then straight away that is a big selling point regardless of theme. Seriously how many people went in on Metallica that have no love for the band.

Hype is a major driving force to sell games and there is no doubt when the next title appears and then speculation moves to the one after, then yes a lot of GB momentum will be lost. There are a lot of people that are holding out for the perfect storm from Stern, a game where theme, code design and artwork all align to deliver this generations Medival Madness. Throw in a led screen and that the cherry on top. I feel that this game will come at some point but it's not GB, personally I don't even know if it will come from Borg or Ritchie, as they tend to be playing it a little too safe and pedestrian of late. Maybe the whole Pro/Premium design philosophy is also holding back the next true A list tittle as it adds another level of complexity to the design.

GB is a truly stellar game however listening to Trudeau interviews he is not aligned enough with the rules development and I think this shows in GB. This game is not Sterns pinnacle, and as soon as the next game is announced the focus will shift to see which future game will take this crown. So yes if Stern wants to maximise GB sales then holding off on announcing the next title makes sense. However they also earn a lot of kudos, for being the industries leading pinball manufacture and a lot of that prestige comes from being able to deliver multiple new games every year, and VE additions don't really count. For Stern to let manufacturing issues push back their next game announcement schedule, then these issues must be significant. Personally I think some of these delays are just due to protocol. There is a container of LE/pro tables about two weeks away from hitting New Zealand and I'm sure other containers are getting close to reaching Europe as well. Maybe Sterns process is always to have an international simultaneous release schedule and so are simply holding back untill these shipments are arriving in overseas markets. Also unlike other manufactures when it comes to LE Stern likes to have them all delivered in one hit. So yes they can make 50 tables a day at peak capacity but this does not mean that this rate is being reached at the moment or that all tables are solely GB Le. If Stern is only making say 20 LEs a day with a 5 day work week then it would take around 5 weeks to have the whole lot ready to ship. Maybe this number is a little high with other back orders and GB pro orders still being filled. The thing is you are not going to see some customers waiting for weeks on end after others have recived their LE the whole lot needs to be stock piled for one quick hit As they are all SOLD. I really think the current delays can be fully explained and even justified in this context without making assumptions that STERN has some how scraped 100's of tables due to quality issues and is staring from scratch. I have no doubt that the GB le's will start shipping right around the same time the international containers arrive. For anyone interested here is a link to a forum in Aussiearcade(the same forum that had the GB cad designs online) http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/79641-Ghost-Busters-Announced!/page76 that is tracking the container ship to Australia. The ship is hitting NZ first around 4th of July then oz a week or so latter. If I was waiting on an LE delivery in the states these dates make sense for you guys, anytime around the 4-18 July I bet you will see LE's in the hand of collectors state side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SimonBaird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-anyone-told-theirs-is-on-the-way?tu=SimonBaird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.