(Topic ID: 160413)

Ghostbusters LE - anyone told theirs is on the way?

By Hjbondar

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 802 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bing_Party
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160823_185343 (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).png
20160819_223850_(resized).jpg
20160820_000818_(resized).jpg
20160820_000914_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160812_111657_(resized).jpg
IMG_0829_(resized).JPG
IMG_0828_(resized).JPG
IMG_0827_(resized).JPG
IMG_3241_(resized).JPG
IMG_1992_(resized).jpg
GBLE_(resized).jpg
There are 802 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The non-paid reviews I've seen said it's complete garbage. Give us your review on Thursday.

Just FYI. We had a corporate sponsored showing of the movie for our clients in select cities. I didn't go but had some folks go from my Service Provider team and it was not positive BUT they are guys that saw the original GB in the movies. My take from them, if you grew up on the original then you were not thrilled with this movie. Seemed like my clients over 40 were disappointed.

#352 7 years ago

Is anyone still seeing issues with ghosting on the inserts on domestic LEs?

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yes, they are. I suspect a lot of them are waiting to hear back from their distro before posting online.

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I hadn't heard of any. Mine is totally fine. But it looks like according to the post above mine that some complaints have been made.

I had a whole host of other issues out of the box, but nothing cosmetic. It took me several hours across a few days to get things fixed, but I'm running at 100% now. The game is an absolute blast, and it's well worth the wait.

#355 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone stateside has had a ghosting seems all the ghosting has been over seas

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Star Trek is a SAM game.

Well, okay. The point was the newer LED lighting needs one more level of dimming control because even at the bottom, it's still too bright.

#357 7 years ago

I appreciate the feedback on the ghosting issues. I have seen at least one export LE with the issue and I am concerned about this carrying over to the domestic LEs and premium machines.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, okay. The point was the newer LED lighting needs one more level of dimming control because even at the bottom, it's still too bright.

For you, maybe. Most people like it. You can always use a filter between the LED and insert to diffuse it.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:ot sure if anyone stateside has had a ghosting seems all the ghosting has been over seas

A limited number of LEs have been shipped Domestically.

It is my understanding Stern was certainly made aware of insert issues, with several in the first batch that went overseas.
I have heard of no issues with the domestic LEs that have shipped, but this is not say that over a short or long period of time
anything can change. More that they are well checked now before moving down the line. But yes, a person can make a mistake.

Makes me wonder if overseas was shipped by air if pressure or temp change affected anything? Trapped moisture?

I am believing and hoping, they are watching super closely.

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Yes, they are. I suspect a lot of them are waiting to hear back from their distro before posting online.

Not from what I am being told. I was told today that the delay is due to the fact that Stern is rejecting a lot of parts and play fields due to their extended quality control. When I asked if this includes the ghosting issues on the inserts I was told absolutely yes.

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Not from what I am being told. I was told today that the delay is due to the fact that Stern is rejecting a lot of parts and play fields due to their extended quality control. When I asked if this includes the ghosting issues on the inserts I was told absolutely yes.

Wow this is great to hear glad to see Stern fixing QC issues there may actually be a benefit to later build date GBLE

#362 7 years ago

My LE is good, no insert or any other real issues.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For you, maybe. Most people like it. You can always use a filter between the LED and insert to diffuse it.

Manually adding filters to most of the inserts is retarded when they could just add one more step down to the brightness in the software that takes care of everything in one fell swoop. That way the people that like blowing out their retinas can have the brightness, and the people that are sensitive to it can turn it down to more reasonable levels.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Manually adding filters to most of the inserts is retarded when they could just add one more step down to the brightness in the software that takes care of everything in one fell swoop. That way the people that like blowing out their retinas can have the brightness, and the people that are sensitive to it can turn it down to more reasonable levels.

You can adjust the GI brightness on SAM games.

Anyone with a SPIKE game want to weigh in? Maybe you can adjust them.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My LE is good, no insert or any other real issues.

How long since you opened it up? It appears from all the posts that this type of problem (inserts) shows up later on.

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

How long since you opened it up? It appears from all the posts that this type of problem (inserts) shows up later on.

Inserts that are a cause of poor workmanship will typically appear literally plays after the game is unboxed. All playfields are susceptible to insert wear but it is much slower over time and many issues like extreme heat, cold, etc. can play a role.

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can adjust the GI brightness on SAM games.
Anyone with a SPIKE game want to weigh in? Maybe you can adjust them.

I don't care about the GI much. It's the insert brightness on the LEDs that are a problem. You can adjust on Spike, but it's not much of a difference. They need another step down.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Guess they missed some.

#369 7 years ago

Here's a link to a quick crappy cell phone vid I took during gameplay at Mortimer's in Minneapolis today (thanks again D&G pinball for routing your LEs).

I was as anxious as most of you to see this in action and play it for myself. I can say without a doubt that the extra features are awesome. The magna slings while being somewhat less responsive than traditional slings have a wow factor at times that totally make up for it. Most importantly I never had a ball drain due to the slings. They are different but very cool different. I dont know that I'd want them on any other game but they fit PERFECTLY with this theme. Honestly I think I would pick magna slings over the others for this title. They just fit the theme and also help make the game a little easier.

Ecto goggles are a SWEEEEET gimic. Seriously, they are cool. Definetly a toy worth upgrading too. Just something cool about how simple it is, yet so fun to see.

Plastic with center post - a MUST! Watch the video close and see how many post saves my buddy had. It really makes the game more fun and gets that cool factor when you save a ball that's normally SDTM.

Misc. - lane guides, who knows if they were raised, still had air ball drains even with the plastic in place a couple of times in 50+ games. No biggie if you ask me, it happens. Center captive ball - wire form is the same as on the pro, expect the same issues people have seen on the pro to happen in the LEs/premiums. Slimer mech - registers almost every hit. Still collides with pieces on the playfield when he moves from the home position, but hope? this gets fixed in code updates.

All in all, the game was awesome. Locked in/confirmed my premium order. Cant wait to have this beauty at home.

#370 7 years ago

I know of 2 in canada with ghosting inserts and one in Michigan. All 3 of these are confirmed to me with pics and I know the 2 other owners personally.

#371 7 years ago

No ghosting on my LE. Wonder when the next batch is shipping? I have two local friends that are waiting for theirs.

#372 7 years ago

It seems very odd how slow they are rolling out. I ordered mine before it was even officially announced and still no word.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Slimer mech - registers almost every hit. Still collides with pieces on the playfield when he moves from the home position, but hope? this gets fixed in code updates.

The Slimer mech on the LE/Premium games does not move up and down. It slides up and down at an angle. Code will not fix this.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

The Slimer mech on the LE/Premium games does not move up and down. It slides up and down at an angle. Code will not fix this.

Really? Well, that stinks, he rubs on the plastic by the firehouse. Looking at the mech is looks like at the base that arm could rotate bringing slimer up and down as well as rotating, but if there is no mech under the playfield, then yeah, code isnt going to change that!!

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Really? Well, that stinks, he rubs on the plastic by the firehouse. Looking at the mech is looks like at the base that arm could rotate bringing slimer up and down as well as rotating, but if there is no mech under the playfield, then yeah, code isnt going to change that!!

The Slimer mech is fine on my LE. He moves along the playfield back and forth. He doesn't hit the firehouse at all. The only thing that hits is his butt in a black metal piece by the captive ball when he first drops down from the pops. He didn't hit the plastic cityscape above the pops either. Not a big deal for me at all.

#376 7 years ago

Yeah, i dont think its a big deal either, just an observation. On the game at Mortimer's, slimer scrapes up on the right edge of the plastic in front of the firehouse building. Not sure if that will crack the plastic over time or not, probably will be just fine... The metal on top of the captive ball area where he drags should be fine i would think.

Gotta say I love the moving slimer mech. He is fun on the pro, but so much more fun on the LE. Imagine the crane on BTDK onky moving up and down in one spot versus swinging across the playfield - night and day difference IMO.

#377 7 years ago

Where can we order the no drill center post kit? Are there a few to choose from? As most of my renters are first time pinball players I'd like them to have a good experience but be able to remove the center post the 8 months of the year I'm not renting. Thanks!

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Where can we order the no drill center post kit? Are there a few to choose from? As most of my renters are first time pinball players I'd like them to have a good experience but be able to remove the center post the 8 months of the year I'm not renting. Thanks!

I may have to switch from Nags Head to Corolla and rent from you in the great OBX!

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yeah, i dont think its a big deal either, just an observation. On the game at Mortimer's, slimer scrapes up on the right edge of the plastic in front of the firehouse building. Not sure if that will crack the plastic over time or not, probably will be just fine... The metal on top of the captive ball area where he drags should be fine i would think.
Gotta say I love the moving slimer mech. He is fun on the pro, but so much more fun on the LE. Imagine the crane on BTDK onky moving up and down in one spot versus swinging across the playfield - night and day difference IMO.

The way I figure, it's funny that he bumps into things on the game. He's clumsy, messy and destructive in the movie so he's basically staying in character in the premiums/LE

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I may have to switch from Nags Head to Corolla and rent from you in the great OBX!

I started renting in Duck and Southern Shores just so I could be closer to Flippers arcade

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I started renting in Duck and Southern Shores just so I could be closer to Flippers arcade

+1 to that! We used to stay in a condo in Kitty Hawk. I added about 15 minutes to my drive to Flippers staying in Nags Head (MP 14).

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

That's the pro move there. Corolla is too far from Flippers

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

PinballLife has them - the kits come from overseas:

http://pinball-universe.de/ghostbusters-pu-upgrade-kit

#384 7 years ago

I was at Flippers just 3 days ago. No GB yet but just about everything else. An absolute must for any pin fan.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I know of 2 in canada with ghosting inserts and one in Michigan. All 3 of these are confirmed to me with pics and I know the 2 other owners personally.

Why the downvote, Eggbert?

It's true.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Here's a link to a quick crappy cell phone vid I took during gameplay at Mortimer's in Minneapolis today (thanks again D&G pinball for routing your LEs).
» YouTube video

I really hope they do something with the magna slings. That looked terrible. Basically playing without any slings at all as it sits. In two minutes of straight gameplay the slings were hit 4 times total. Once it was shot directly into the sling by the right flipper (which had no action off the left sling) and another time the left magna sling "fired" but did nothing at all to the ball. The other two slings (right to then left) were the only side to side action during the entire ball. That's crazy.

#387 7 years ago

Theres a couple videos out there that show the magna slings rockin with plenty of action.

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Theres a couple videos out there that show the magna slings rockin with plenty of action.

This.

#389 7 years ago

There sensitivity adjustments that can be made some machines may be set different from factory

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

There sensitivity adjustments that can be made some machines may be set different from factory

I'll have to tell the operator here to look at that then. I haven't watched any other LE videos yet.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'll have to tell the operator here to look at that then. I haven't watched any other LE videos yet.

#392 7 years ago

and a close up of the slings....manually.

#393 7 years ago

The magna slings are awesome! For most of the time they feel like pretty normal slings, but when they do something cool, it really sets them apart as a killer feature on the game. They're perfect for the theme, and they give some great visual effects to the game. I hope Stern uses them again on future titles.

#394 7 years ago

I've wondered about Magna Pop Bumpers.

#395 7 years ago

Magna slings on GBLE are perfect for this theme. Game is great.

#396 7 years ago

Just played my Le some tonight....I think the manga slings are sick!! Really make the game more exciting than without them to me.

#397 7 years ago

Still waiting for GB LE. No news, no info, nothing....

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Why the downvote, Eggbert?
It's true.

It's obvious he's just trolling and has no idea what he's talking about. I've seen them in person and know the owners of the other 2 well. Hope they do something about it. I have unboxing pics and inserts are perfect. 50 plays and 2 days later and not anymore . Waiting to hear back on a solution.

Eggbert grow up. If you truly believe the north American games arnt ghosting anymore maybe pull you head out of Gary sterns ass and look around. Some of us just prefer to go through our distributor then post a whole new thread about the issues.

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I really hope they do something with the magna slings. That looked terrible. Basically playing without any slings at all as it sits. In two minutes of straight gameplay the slings were hit 4 times total. Once it was shot directly into the sling by the right flipper (which had no action off the left sling) and another time the left magna sling "fired" but did nothing at all to the ball. The other two slings (right to then left) were the only side to side action during the entire ball. That's crazy.

magna slings are really great. I was worried when I bought mine but they are implemented very well and alot of fun. I had to adjust one leaf switch when I got mine to make it more sensitive.

#400 7 years ago

Stern's tour video on Facebook form yesterday showed some LE's on the line and some boxed up, hopefully there will be some shipment notifications soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 802 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-anyone-told-theirs-is-on-the-way/page/8?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.