(Topic ID: 160413)

Ghostbusters LE - anyone told theirs is on the way?

By Hjbondar

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 802 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bing_Party
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 95 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160823_185343 (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).png
20160819_223850_(resized).jpg
20160820_000818_(resized).jpg
20160820_000914_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160812_111657_(resized).jpg
IMG_0829_(resized).JPG
IMG_0828_(resized).JPG
IMG_0827_(resized).JPG
IMG_3241_(resized).JPG
IMG_1992_(resized).jpg
GBLE_(resized).jpg

There are 802 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
#701 3 years ago

My "build date" is actually August 2nd. So we'll see how that turns out.

GBLE_(resized).jpg

#702 3 years ago

#131 has landed. No photos yet but perfect out of the box. Agree 100% with the airballs and cheap hops over the outline guides. Will certainly look to buying the pinball life fix. My best score so far in a few games is a very powerful 18million.

#703 3 years ago

I've got about 10-12 games on it so far. Starting to figure out what to do.

You guys that still have one coming, all the ghosting issues aside, this pin is AWESOME (yes i know its honeymoon phase )

Pros:

The sound far exceeds any other Stern pin I've experienced.

The lighting, art, colors etc. is just a sensation explosion. Wow

The shots are just smooth as butter and feel right.

The flipper gap hasn't been an issue for me at all. Maybe once again i have it set up just right? And/or, after playing TWDLE for so long, this feels like a walk in the park compared to that absolutely brutal pin.

Slimer is just a very cool toy. All hits are registering so far.

The hologram feature is also super cool. Wife and kids love that one!

Ramps are unique and butter smooth, again, compared to TWDLE

The Magna slings are an absolute home run for me. Kids couldn't believe what was happening!

Kudos to Dwight, excellent job on the code so far. And of course Trudeau, great layout

Cons:

Scoleri brother targets are weak, oh well, can't have everything I guess.

I've got to figure out that Mass Hysteria. Not sure I like the reverse flippers but not as bad as I thought.

Air balls off of left ramp posts need a plastic. Right away! Shit will get broken. Balls flying back into the shooter lane and all over the place.

Overall:

Just packed full of FUN. Thrilled that I kept my LE. As I get into this pin I hope the code develops and allows for a long and deep experience. Should be a lifetime keeper

Way to go Stern!!!

#704 3 years ago

No ghosting do far

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys that still have one coming, all the ghosting issues aside, this pin is AWESOME (yes i know its honeymoon phase )
Pros:
The flipper gap hasn't been an issue for me at all. Maybe once again i have it set up just right? And/or, after playing TWDLE for so long, this feels like a walk in the park compared to that absolutely brutal pin.
The Magna slings are an absolute home run for me. Kids couldn't believe what was happening!
Kudos to Dwight, excellent job on the code so far. And of course Trudeau, great layout
Cons:
I've got to figure out that Mass Hysteria. Not sure I like the reverse flippers but not as bad as I thought.
Air balls off of left ramp posts need a plastic. Right away! Shit will get broken. Balls flying back into the shooter lane and all over the place.
Overall:
Just packed full of FUN. Thrilled that I kept my LE. As I get into this pin I hope the code develops and allows for a long and deep experience. Should be a lifetime keeper
Way to go Stern!!!

exactly my thoughts.
on mass hysteria i just hit both flippers at same time i cant manage the opposite flipper moves yet. game cracked me up with the multiballs the magna slings go nuts and seems like they move the balls with the music. feels like i am 13 again playing this pin.

#706 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

exactly my thoughts.
on mass hysteria i just hit both flippers at same time i cant manage the opposite flipper moves yet. game cracked me up with the multiballs the magna slings go nuts and seems like they move the balls with the music. feels like i am 13 again playing this pin.

Haha, yep that's what i did too, just tried both flippers at the same time on Hysteria . Next time I'm going to try crossing my arms.

#707 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha, yep that's what i did too, just tried both flippers at the same time on Hysteria . Next time I'm going to try crossing my arms.

As weird as it looks and feels, definitely try the reverse arm manoeuvre.
It's crazy how the mind works but when you want to flip the right flipper your brain will tell your right hand to push the button and as your right hand is now over on the left you will hit the left button operating the right flipper and off you go...
Try and whack the single captive ball and you're back to normal, until you hit it again ha ha

#708 3 years ago

Reverse arms is absolutely the way to go for Mass Hysteria. It works. Just make sure you realize quickly when you hit the captive ball and the flippers switch back.

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My "build date" is actually August 2nd. So we'll see how that turns out.

Very interested.

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pros:
Cons:
Overall:
Way to go Stern!!!

So cool! Very excited to get my Premium ASAP.

Question: Why do you find the Scoleri Brothers weak?

#711 3 years ago

Other than the delivery suggested oversees. Any word on premium deliveries? I'm in the same boat as you waiting but close to stern.

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cons:

I have really come around on the Scoleri brothers. On the weekend I had 2 great Scoleri moments in our selfie finals.

1. I was in Who Brought the Dog?, Accidentally started Scoleri Brothers, hit left one, craddled up, tried to shoot left ramp to finish my mode and right after I shoot, BOOM! Tony stuffs me SDTM, like Todd McCulloch stuffing Shaq I loved it and hated it.

2. I was playing and noticed my super jackpot was around 30M. I decided to intentially start SB, by repeatedly hitting captive ball. Cleared them, nailed my triple jackpot. Felt great. Might have been too high of a risk, but I liked it.

#713 3 years ago

#236 has landed

IMG_1992_(resized).jpg

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

#236 has landed

Congratulations
I love mine so far!

#715 3 years ago

Driver called and will be here in 20 minutes!

#716 3 years ago

Just want to a feel for how many people are still waiting on an LE.

I have still yet to get the call from automated on my LE, and at this point I feel like I'm alone in saying that. Are others still waiting?

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I have still yet to get the call from automated on my LE, and at this point I feel like I'm alone in saying that. Are others still waiting?

Still waiting. However, this is one time I'm happy to be at the back of the line.

#718 3 years ago

UPDATE: LE's still in production! My Dealer told me today,mid September for our PRE's to come off the line!!

#719 3 years ago

Still waiting glad to be in the back to.

#720 3 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I am still waiting for mine to ship was told maybe end of week, Game has been paid for for almost 2 months!
chris

#721 3 years ago

Congrats to everyone who has one showing up!

If you stayed in on the LE, you WIN. It's a special pin.

Scoleri brothers mode i really like, its just the cheap little stand up targets that seem ridiculous.

Just put up 1.9 Billion score on day two. Scoring is WAY imbalanced but that should be rectified in the future.

It doesn't really even matter because this pin is just so much F ing fun to play.

The "flipper gap" is a non-issue for me, not that I'm some kind of pro but the shots on this pin are very smooth and somewhat easy to make.

The magna slings are KICK ASS

Day 2 now, no ghosting, play field looks amazing, lighting and sounds are amazing.

With all the complaining about the linear code and lack of easy MB's I really like it right now. Dwight needs to bring it home Lyman style!

It's a HOME RUN in my book.

#722 3 years ago

One more thing, its NOT so much of a "cradler" which fits my style perfectly. More on the fly for me.

Easy to dead bounce though. Very easy to pass left to right.

Updates later.

#723 3 years ago

Still waiting for my LE, am told will ship (again) next week.. Fingers crossed!

#724 3 years ago

Mine made it to my local distributor; they are bringing it to me Friday!

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from lordvader27:

I am still waiting for mine to ship was told maybe end of week, Game has been paid for for almost 2 months!
chris

Still waiting here - been paid in full for over 5 months now.

#726 3 years ago

Crossing arms on Mass Hysteria works great! Amazing. Just have to be aware of single captive ball hit like Jdfitzy says.

Mine is fairly steep, not getting "flipper gap" drains. No need to move outlane posts in either. Plays just right!

#727 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Crossing arms on Mass Hysteria works great! Amazing. Just have to be aware of single captive ball hit like Jdfitzy says.
Mine is fairly steep, not getting "flipper gap" drains. No need to move outlane posts in either. Plays just right!

How steep?

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Scoleri brothers mode i really like, its just the cheap little stand up targets that seem ridiculous.

Kudos to the first guy to mod this. Cut out larger opening in the playfield, and put in some MM/Hobbit sized pop ups.

#729 3 years ago

Bubble is centered right in the middle of the top line.

Might be different on your floor though. It took me a LONG time to tweak TWDLE and about a year to conquer it.

If people are having issues you have to tweak it with the adjustments settings like lowering the left eject power so it doesn't go sdtm.

I'm not very good but this pin plays SO much easier than TWD its ridiculous. The flipper gap should be a non issue if set up right.

Btw, greatest artwork EVER.

#730 3 years ago

Still waiting here have not heard a word in months

#731 3 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Driver called and will be here in 20 minutes!

Oh my goodness. This game is a blast! I really liked playing the pro at the Ohio and Allentown shows so I knew I'd like the LE, but WOW! Checked everything over, set it on free play and off I went.

Couldn't be happier with #126 !!

I was in the 'little worried about the slings' camp, but they really add a neat element to the play
Hitting the spinner to the left of the left ramp is tight but satisfying
Hitting the right ramp is tough but feels great
Subway is cool
Ecto-goggles are cool
Slimer's butt rubs but it looks like there's a piece of mylar or something on top of the metal housing he hits
Sometimes when launching the ball it hits something which prevents it from going to the P-K-E lanes (will buy Mezel mod for that)
Captive ball reinforcement isn't noticeable to me when playing. I'll take it over having the wire form bend
Tough shot (for me at least) to hit the captive balls on the left
I drain often after hitting the library targets
I had a multiball in every game I played. Not sure what the complaints are there. I prefer to earn stuff while playing
Scoleri targets drop as expected
Flipper gap is a non-issue
No issues right out of the box

A few airballs, but not once over the in/out lanes. I get a ton more on my Centaur! I did have an airball go from the left side of the playfield all the way to the shooter lane though!! Can't remember what I hit.

Lots to learn. Game seems really deep.

Best of all... so far so good with no ghosting inserts.

Build date: 07-29-2016
Playfield date: I didn't see anything stamped, but '7-21' is written with a Sharpie on the edge of the playfield

#732 3 years ago

I just got the call from the carrier. Delivery window set for tomorrow! I'll post a quick report on the manufacture date and out of the box issues tomorrow.

#733 3 years ago

Just a week ago, it seemed like Stern was shipping 1 LE per day.

Now it seems like they are up around 2-3 a day.

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Still waiting here - been paid in full for over 5 months now.

And just heard from my distributor this morning....2 more weeks.

At least some people are getting them, but it seems like they are making 1 a day!

#735 3 years ago

still waiting.. maybe next week is what my distributor said

#736 3 years ago

Still waiting on mine.

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And just heard from my distributor this morning....2 more weeks.
At least some people are getting them, but it seems like they are making 1 a day!

Wow going from 30 to 50 games per day to 1 or 2?
Well the good news for the last of us to get our GBLE is that the games will have been gone over with a fine tooth comb by Stern QC.

#738 3 years ago

I'm opening up mine later today.

Is there a fix for the bent metal ball guide already installed at the factory?

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm opening up mine later today.
Is there a fix for the bent metal ball guide already installed at the factory?

Yes if u have a late build date.

#740 3 years ago

got mine from game exchange Tuesday, #204, build date is 8/1/16...no issues so far.

#741 3 years ago

Picked up # 115 yesterday from Trent

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

UPDATE: LE's still in production! My Dealer told me today,mid September for our PRE's to come off the line!!

What!! Seriously. I swear this is the last new release I buy. May be the only NIB. I am getting sick of waiting for my premium. I could have bought a used ST plays it a bit and sold it by now.

#743 3 years ago

RD.. can you pick up Kims and mine GBLE? they at CC depot...

#744 3 years ago

Couple friends just left from helping me unbox and set up the game. One of my friends took pictures and video...will probably be up tomorrow.

All I can say is that this is definitely a difficult pin to play. Like Iron Man, this will make you a better pinball player.

#745 3 years ago

#428 IN DA (SAND PIT) HOUSE.............

IMG_3241_(resized).JPG

#746 3 years ago

#122 in the house! Pics included including one of a few inserts that appear to have smudged adhesive around the insert labels. I don't see what other have shown as ghosting (yet), but I can't say for sure what this is. It's hard to see, the green insert shows the smudging most visibly.

IMG_0827_(resized).JPG

IMG_0828_(resized).JPG

IMG_0829_(resized).JPG

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

#122 in the house! Pics included including one of a few inserts that appear to have smudged adhesive around the insert labels. I don't see what other have shown as ghosting (yet), but I can't say for sure what this is. It's hard to see, the green insert shows the smudging most visibly.

Nice collection

#748 3 years ago

Thanks - same to you, looks like we have a few in common.

#749 3 years ago

It's here!

IMG_20160812_111657_(resized).jpg

#750 3 years ago

All set up, #93, no ghosting out of the box. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks. Build date is July 24th.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
8,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa , NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 802 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside