(Topic ID: 160413)

Ghostbusters LE - anyone told theirs is on the way?

By Hjbondar

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 802 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bing_Party
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 95 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160823_185343 (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).png
20160819_223850_(resized).jpg
20160820_000818_(resized).jpg
20160820_000914_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160812_111657_(resized).jpg
IMG_0829_(resized).JPG
IMG_0828_(resized).JPG
IMG_0827_(resized).JPG
IMG_3241_(resized).JPG
IMG_1992_(resized).jpg
GBLE_(resized).jpg

There are 802 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.
#651 3 years ago

Let us know if yours come with a couple of carrots...

carrots_(resized).jpg

#652 3 years ago

Just received notification from Automated that my LE is on the way. I am having it shipped to FUN!, my local distributor who will set it up and deliver it to my home. FUN! sold out of their allotment before I could get to them. Stern directed me to Automated who had one left and FUN! was great to help me receive it and get it to my upstairs game room. I should have it some time next week.

#653 3 years ago

Is it possible a game sitting in 100 degrees is making the problem worse !?

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Is it possible a game sitting in 100 degrees is making the problem worse !?

All my other pins are perfect in the same conditions, so a defective playfield is going to be defective no matter what the conditions are it seems.

#655 3 years ago

Stern should offer a non-clear coated version. Then we just have to keep it waxed!

#656 3 years ago

Trucking Co. just dropped off my Ghost BustersLE. It's number 175. It will be set up on Sun. the 8th. Oh happy day.

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from Jim100:

Trucking Co. just dropped off my Ghost BustersLE. It's number 175. It will be set up on Sun. the 8th. Oh happy day.

Is it just me but are most of the nib gble buyers very very very excited about receiving there gb,I was dancing around the room when I was told my game shipped and I have ordered a lot of nib games but never have been so very stoked like this,mabey the extra wait time but there is something special about this game

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is it just me but are most of the nib gble buyers very very very excited about receiving there gb,I was dancing around the room when I was told my game shipped and I have ordered a lot of nib games but never have been so very stoked like this,mabey the extra wait time but there is something special about this game

Yup. That and also because I have no pins currently!

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yep, I'm pretty F ing excited to be getting mine early next week!

#660 3 years ago

#191 is here and setup! Playfield is 7/25 and machine date of manufacture is 8/1, playfield looks absolutely beautiful out of the box.

IMG_0049_(resized).JPG

IMG_0055_(resized).JPG

IMG_0054_(resized).JPG

IMG_0051_(resized).JPG

IMG_0052_(resized).JPG

IMG_0053_(resized).JPG

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Stern should offer a non-clear coated version. Then we just have to keep it waxed!

That can add up to a lot of work over time.

images-24_(resized).jpeg

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I was told my premium is on the waters and will land in Australia on the 19th woohooo can't wait

Maybe my theory about the boxed pins on the wall during that Gary stern interview being export premiums was right. Can they just build my game.
Im starting to get frustrated. Been told two weeks over three times. I don't think I will ever get a just released NIB again. For my first NIB waiting 5 months is not fun.

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Guessing they are sold out since the link doesn't work ........

They literally get them for a just a couple days and sell out. They will be back in again

#664 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Guessing they are sold out since the link doesn't work ........

Try again... Looks like they're back in stock. I just ordered my kit.

#665 3 years ago

My GBLE # 182 landed today.

image_(resized).jpeg

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

What was the deciding factor in not going LE with Metallica, KISS and GoT? KISS, especially, has a gorgeous LE (and one day the software to match, I hope).

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

That is the perfect line up. All great pins.

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

they don't have a choice, its statutory.
Neil.

Yes that is true, but (I got the e-mail too) they clearly state there are rumours of a problem with the playfields. Acceptance is on your own risk regarding the playfileds but they will assist in all ways possible with getting the issue resolved. They will not change playfields for you or anything.

They also offer to cancel the order without cost and even to come to them, open up your game and inspect before accepting it.

In my opinion they were wise to do this, as they do not build these machines themselves and therefore have no infuence on the quality of the product. They have informed us about the issue and will help when there is a problem, but they clearly state beforehand that they cannot do a swap or a playfield swap at no cost. This is their good right and if the buyer chooses to accept that then - again in my opinion - have a good ground to not honor the normal warranty that we in Europe normally enjoy.

That said I did accept the agreement and I got my LE delivered last week. No ghosting anywhere yet and the shaker works overtime when getting to multiball. It is a great game and this time no one can complain that Stern has skimped on toys or features. The game is full of features and full of fun.

#669 3 years ago

I should have two more LE's landing here tomorrow. One to keep, one to sell (for an obscene profit). Delivered a couple already, beautiful game. Blast to play.

#670 3 years ago

Delivery set for tomorrow...finally!

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

What was the deciding factor in not going LE with Metallica, KISS and GoT? KISS, especially, has a gorgeous LE (and one day the software to match, I hope).

I mostly purchase Premiums. I think the premiums give the best value vs price. I purchased LE for TWD because it was my first NIB and loved the look of the pin. I purchased and LE for GB because I believe that tis is going to be an extremely popular pin and and I like the unique look of it. If I was a collector when AC/DC or Metallica came out, I might have bought the LE on one or both of these.

Here is a question... If you had this collection and needed to sell one pin to purchase Stern's newest pin, a pin you really want, what pin would it be and why.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Delivery set for tomorrow...finally!

Congrats - You'll love it!!!!

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I mostly purchase Premiums. I think the premiums give the best value vs price. I purchased LE for TWD because it was my first NIB and loved the look of the pin. I purchased and LE for GB because I believe that tis is going to be an extremely popular pin and and I like the unique look of it. If I was a collector when AC/DC or Metallica came out, I might have bought the LE on one or both of these.
Here is a question... If you had this collection and needed to sell one pin to purchase Stern's newest pin, a pin you really want, what pin would it be and why.

Sounds like you need to start a thread for that answer

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Lots of variables in that question. For *me* that's easy because zombies do nothing for me - Walking Dead. But assuming I love horror/zombies, it would be a more challenging question. I haven't played the Premium Metallica, but the Pro did nothing at all for me and the music was crappier-sounding than KISS, so that seems likely. BUT if KISS never gets the polish it sorely needs, then that would be on the chopping block. However, if KISS does get the update(s) it needs and the Premium Metallica makes me forget not liking the Pro and its poor sound quality, then I'm down to GoT and Walking Dead, and back to kissing Walking Dead goodbye (assuming I've fixed the factory left orbit issue on the GoT) because I just don't like Zombies and maybe that bias comes through this simulation.

The only thing I really want from an LE is the mirrored backglass, but I was unprepared for how awesome the CABINET on the KISS LE is. I mean the KISS mirrored backglass is great, but that metallic/shiny base they screen the art over really makes the cabinet pop, and made me revise my thinking on the whole LE thing (which I generally view as a waste of money since the signature, numbering, certificates, etc mean nothing to me).

#675 3 years ago

Mine arrives Wednesday.

#676 3 years ago

Mine arrived Fri # 175. I set it up yesterday and everything looks GREAT. A GREAT pinball experience in my opinion

#677 3 years ago

My LE is supposed to ship today, I guess I wait for a call from the shipping company to set up a delivery?

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

My LE is supposed to ship today, I guess I wait for a call from the shipping company to set up a delivery?

My distributor sent me the tracking number and suggested that I wait for the shipping company to call, but I called the local terminal.

I'm glad I did. I gave them the tracking number and they made the arrangements to get it to my house on Wednesday. It may have been a day or two later had I not called. No big deal, but I didn't want it sitting around in the terminal any longer than it had to.

#679 3 years ago

Mine will be in house between 12-5 tomorrow. Giddy up.

#680 3 years ago

Wednesday for me but maybe able to pick up at terminal tomorrow night.

#681 3 years ago

mine is still in the garage with my extra games. i still dont know what to take out for it to go into the arcade.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

mine is still in the garage with my extra games. i still dont know what to take out for it to go into the arcade.

Did you check for ghosting inserts?

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Did you check for ghosting inserts?

this was right out the box. after playing it the entire edge all around the insert is ghosted now. built 8-1 but gotta lift playfield to see the date on that. not gonna worry just gonna keep playing it and if it breaks or cracks i am gonna ask for new playfield.

image_(resized).jpeg

#684 3 years ago

Got #43 2 weeks ago. No ghosting yeTcaption=""]image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Seems to me your storage is an arcade as well. Nice to have 2 @rcades

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

very nice.

#687 3 years ago

No ghosting yet on #113, but myriad of other issues! I think i have most fixed however.

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

yeah a garcade. i try to keep it more organized so i can play those extras also.
thanks. wifey wont let any in the bedroom.....yet.

#689 3 years ago

Coming home!

IMG_20160809_164324626_(resized).jpg

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Coming home!

I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Still haven't received mine yet and happy to wait as long as it takes in hopes of hearing how stern is going to address the ghosting clearcoat issue. If I'm not satisfied with what I hear I'm afraid I'll have to cancel. I had high hopes that buying my first Stern (and first NIB) was going to be fun, relatively easy experience.
Live and learn.
Luckily it's only pinball.

#691 3 years ago

My GBLE shipment got bumped to next week, the first one that was sent got damaged in shipping. They are sendings me out a new machine

#692 3 years ago

man i wanted #311! I got 113 tho if you want to trade plates

#693 3 years ago

Quick update, mine is set up and rocking!

No ghosting out of the box.

Gorgeous pin.

Only adjustment I made was lowering the left eject power. Sent it down the middle every time.

Flipper gap fine, airballs off of left ramp posts are CRAZY! Need to get a protector.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gorgeous pin.
Only adjustment I made was lowering the left eject power. Sent it down the middle every time.
Flipper gap fine, airballs off of left ramp posts are CRAZY! Need to get a protector.

Finally. Been waiting all day. Glad to hear you are off to a good start, hope it holds!

#695 3 years ago

got mine in the arcade today. i agree with the l/s ramp airballs. btw thanks for the tip to lower left eject power, i was getting sdtm also.

image_(resized).jpeg

#696 3 years ago

I love my game. It took about 30 days to notice any ghosting. Stern has apparently put me on a "list" of some sorts while they figure out what to do. One thing is for sure, the issues don't change my love for this title. It's truly fantastic. I have confidence Stern will take care of its customers.

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gorgeous pin.

What's the manufacture date of game and playfield?

#698 3 years ago

Anyone know if there is a plastic protector being made for the airballs off of those stand up targets?

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anyone know if there is a plastic protector being made for the airballs off of those stand up targets?

Would be nice to see something less hodgepodge than reusing protectors from another game.

Sounds like a great mod opportunity.....make something that fits the theme. Hell, it doesn't even need to be translucent.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

All of my major airballs come off the 2X and 3X targets. A very small plastic piece above those two targets is all that is needed to fix this. I wouldn't be suprised if Stern adds this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tucson, AZ
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mc Cutchenvle, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mc Cutchenvle, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
There are 802 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside