Ghostbusters hourly chime

By HeadNZ

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I might be having a dyslexic moment. Where in the menu system can you turn the hourly chime ‘OFF’?

Go the code!

#2 4 years ago

Hourly chime? Not sure I’ve heard of that. I couldn’t find it in the manual. Is it the attract sound? Or the scream?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hourly chime? Not sure I’ve heard of that. I couldn’t find it in the manual. Is it the attract sound? Or the scream?

My Premium ‘chimes’ on the hour, every hour. The number of chimes corresponds to the hour. ie 1 oclock, 1 chime. 12 oclock 12 chimes.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

My Premium ‘chimes’ on the hour, every hour. The number of chimes corresponds to the hour. ie 1 oclock, 1 chime. 12 oclock 12 chimes.

You sure it isn't near a funny looking wall clock? Lol

#5 4 years ago

Who you gonna call?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Do you remember turning this on? Haven’t had my premium do that...although it’s rarely on super long. Unless this is part of the attract sound? Is attract mode on?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do you remember turning this on? Haven’t had my premium do that...although it’s rarely on super long. Unless this is part of the attract sound? Is attract mode on?

Hmmm. Yes I wonder if its part of attract mode, will report back.

#8 4 years ago

My premium does this as well, but I never realized it was on the hour every hour. I just assumed that was the one and only attract sound (I turned the scream off).

#9 4 years ago

Hmmm... no designated attract mode... hmmm.

#10 4 years ago

Weird, maybe I’ll turn my GB on at work today and see if it does the chimes

#11 4 years ago

I've never heard mine do that at all???

#12 4 years ago

Strange. My premium has never done that. At least I dont think it has haha.

#13 4 years ago

For those of you that have the hourly chimes what version of the software are you running ?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

For those of you that have the hourly chimes what version of the software are you running ?

great question!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

I have them and it’s the latest version (whatever that is). I have a Pro.

Is it possible those without them haven’t set the time? I don’t tweak many game options so I don’t think I turned anything on. All I remember changing was to set free play and to shut off scream scare feature.

#16 4 years ago

I just turned my premium GB on and it definitely chimed at 12:00....pretty cool.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have them and it’s the latest version (whatever that is). I have a Pro.
Is it possible those without them haven’t set the time? I don’t tweak many game options so I don’t think I turned anything on. All I remember changing was to set free play and to shut off scream scare feature.

I really wish there was a setting to lower the volume on the scare feature. I do love it, but its just extremely loud. Had to disable. Ill turn it on when friends come over becuase they always get shocked by that one..

Is there a time setting? I have never noticed that. What good would a time setting be for exactly?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I really wish there was a setting to lower the volume on the scare feature. I do love it, but its just extremely loud. Had to disable. Ill turn it on when friends come over becuase they always get shocked by that one..
Is there a time setting? I have never noticed that. What good would a time setting be for exactly?

The game asks you to set the current time is what I meant. Only consequence other than record keeping appears to be the chime and the midnight madness mode.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I just turned my premium GB on and it definitely chimed at 12:00....pretty cool.

I've heard my GB Prem "chime". I always assumed it was just corresponding to the Midnight Madness champ as it scrolls thru all of the achievement champs while it's sitting idle, and I'm playing a different machine. The game is usually only on while it's being played though. I'm not sure that it has sat for multiple hours just being on.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've heard my GB Prem "chime". I always assumed it was just corresponding to the Midnight Madness champ as it scrolls thru all of the achievement champs while it's sitting idle, and I'm playing a different machine. The game is usually only on while it's being played though. I'm not sure that it has sat for multiple hours just being on.

It chimes on the hr and sounds cool.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

It chimes on the hr and sounds cool.

The game chimes on the hour during the attract mode showing the Midnight Madness champion. You can turn this off with an adjustment.

The idea is that it tells you what time the game thinks it is so you will know when the game thinks its midnight and you can be playing. Some people do not set their games to the real time.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This is it. There is a setting in the menus regarding Midnight Madness Champ attract mode or something. If you disable this, the chimes stop. Otherwise it will chime on the hour every hour.

#23 4 years ago

Have a Pro... it chimes on the hour. Kind of like a grandfather clock

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

This is it. There is a setting in the menus regarding Midnight Madness Champ attract mode or something. If you disable this, the chimes stop. Otherwise it will chime on the hour every hour.

Is this the answer OP?

#25 4 years ago

I've owned my premium since it was first released and I've never heard the chime or the scream (disabled it), and never played midnight madness. Time to correct all of that this weekend.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

The game asks you to set the current time is what I meant. Only consequence other than record keeping appears to be the chime and the midnight madness mode.

Yes I know. I dont think ive ever been asked to enter the time.. Not sure of why that would be necessary. I guess for the Chime lol

Where is the time setting so that I can set this?

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is this the answer OP?

I will double check tonight hopefully after updating to the latest code

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I've owned my premium since it was first released and I've never heard the chime or the scream (disabled it), and never played midnight madness. Time to correct all of that this weekend.

I first played Midnight Madness on location, and it was actually midnight. Literally stopped my game mid game to go into the mode, I thought the game broke... but in reality the insanity was about to begin. Love that mode.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I will double check tonight hopefully after updating to the latest code

and we'll have to wait

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes I know. I dont think ive ever been asked to enter the time.. Not sure of why that would be necessary. I guess for the Chime lol
Where is the time setting so that I can set this?

In the game menu (service maybe?) one of the settings is to set date and time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-hourly-chime?hl=archon9000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.